Atheism and cowardice

Nov 18, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Conservapedia

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Comments (Page 372)

Showing posts 7,421 - 7,440 of12,668
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>How quickly you can teach something says nothing about whether it has any value or truth to it.

It seems you religious folks would rather hear a convenient truth than the facts behind a real science like biology
A comforting lie is favorable to uncomfortable truths for some.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>English is not your preferred mode of communication, is it? You have yet to show that you have the ability to correctly comprehend a post, you basically throw out a few words that in no way are replies to the posts, and usually end up almost making some absurd statement, by dropping the end of your sentence into oblivion.
So in response to your absurd statement from this post, the private school teacher is more than welcome to push whichever god, her school is paying her to push.
The state or federal teacher is to teach what her bosses mandate, and her bosses are nobody's god or church. So she cannot get away with forcing your child to pray facing Mecca fives times a day. She will never instruct your child to make a sacrifice to any little blue god, and no child in her classes will ever be voted to be the one thrown into the local volcano. She also will never tell your child that the god Jehovah might make you cook and eat him.
She will teach him that _____ plus _____ equals _____. << Fill in the blanks, logically.
Until Christendom accepts that it's failed prophet was both Jewish and a Rabbi, the reminder is necessary.
This failed prophet was also never prophesied, the prophesied prophet never materialized in the book that predicted him. The Jewish Rabbi is thought of as only another man by the Jewish people, and the tale was stolen and enlarged by the Christain creators of it's holy tomes.
As an amused observer, note that since the 1960s Supreme Court decisions, atheism has seen better days.
Democratic party used to be secular.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Until (and if) you manage to produce some PROOF that your >g<od is real?
There is no reason at all to dignify your imaginary monster-god with a big G.
None at all...
... your fantasy-god is unworthy of such respect.
I understand medical science is making great strides to that effect ...

More and more patients can be revived from clinical death ...and, they are bring back adventures ...

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

<quoted text>
Your evil bible certainly thinks you have the right.
Law? Modern law does not agree with you, however.
Slavery is no longer allowed-- in spite of your evil bible's saying slavery is just fine.
Humanity has so improved over the evil bible here.
<quoted text>
Your evil bible certainly thinks you have the right.
Law? Modern law does not agree with you, however.
Slavery is no longer allowed-- in spite of your evil bible's saying slavery is just fine.
Humanity has so improved over the evil bible here.
<quoted text>
Again? Modern law has TRUMPED your evil bible, here.
This is a good thing: your bible is barbaric.
If the Bible exhorts us to "Do unto others as we would have them do unto us ."

Why would anyone believe the Bible say slavery is fine ..

“you must not give faith”

Since: Jul 12

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
ID is based on faith only.
Latest approach among Southern Baptists is to point out "internal contradictions in Evolution." :-)
"Blind Faith " one excellent album with Clapton and Winwood
"Latest approach among Southern Baptists is to point out "internal contradictions in Evolution"
May I ask what they think they are?

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

number four wrote:
<quoted text>I understand medical science is making great strides to that effect ...
More and more patients can be revived from clinical death ...and, they are bring back adventures ...
I have to say this but the same "adventures" happen in the lab, without the near death c***
20:00 to 22:45
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
"I've had 20-30 of them" wow what luckly p***** this doc is for pulling 9G.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

number four wrote:
<quoted text>I understand medical science is making great strides to that effect ...
Yes-- the nearly-dead DO report strange "happenings".

Exactly as do people who experience "waking dreams".

The two are identical processes, in fact.

More to the point?

If a Genuine Christian™ experiences a nearly-dead condition, and recovers? He or she often reports images similar to the fantasies he or she was taught as a child: christianistic imagery.

If a Genuine Muslim™ experiences a nearly-dead condition, and recovers? He or she often reports images similar to the fantasies he or she was taught as a child: islamic imagery.

If a Genuine Jew™ experiences a nearly-dead condition, and recovers? He or she often reports images similar to the fantasies he or she was taught as a child: strongly semitic imagery.

If a pagan/wiccian experiences a nearly-dead condition, and recovers? He or she often reports images similar to the fantasies he or she was taught as a child: strongly pagan imagery.

Do you see a trend here?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

number four wrote:
<quoted text>If the Bible exhorts us to "Do unto others as we would have them do unto us ."
Yes, yes it does. So.

Why do you come here and pour out your expressions of hate?(infinite torture by your god's custom-made hell)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

number four wrote:
<quoted text>If the Bible exhorts us to "Do unto others as we would have them do unto us ."
Here you go, a smattering of bible-endorsed slavery:

The following passage shows that slaves are clearly property to be bought and sold like livestock.

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way.(Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

The following passage describes how the Hebrew slaves are to be treated.

If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom. If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year. But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him. If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master. But the slave may plainly declare,'I love my master, my wife, and my children. I would rather not go free.' If he does this, his master must present him before God. Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl. After that, the slave will belong to his master forever.(Exodus 21:2-6 NLT)

Notice how they can get a male Hebrew slave to become a permanent slave by keeping his wife and children hostage until he says he wants to become a permanent slave. What kind of family values are these?

The following passage describes the sickening practice of sex slavery. How can anyone think it is moral to sell your own daughter as a sex slave?

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.(Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

(the above is directly from http://www.evilbible.com/Slavery.htm )

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

number four wrote:
NEW TESTAMENT EXAMPLES--INCLUDING JESUS ENDORSEMENTS OF SLAVERY:

You would think that Jesus and the New Testament would have a different view of slavery, but slavery is still approved of in the New Testament, as the following passages show.

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ.(Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them.(1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)

In the following parable, Jesus clearly approves of beating slaves even if they didn't know they were doing anything wrong.

The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Benjamin Frankly wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to say this but the same "adventures" happen in the lab, without the near death c***
Yep.

The human brain is subject to semi-conscious hallucinations, when deprived of oxygen.

And these hallucinations are all too often, of imagery from the person's own childhood or of recent experiences.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Benjamin Frankly wrote:
<quoted text>
"Latest approach among Southern Baptists is to point out "internal contradictions in Evolution"
this from an article...

NOT sympathetic to the Souther Baptist movement

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
As an amused observer, note that since the 1960s Supreme Court decisions, atheism has seen better days.
Democratic party used to be secular.
WTF does that mean?

Atheism doesn't exist, it is the abscence of theism.
Your entire comment is completely devoid of actual content, it is almost as if you had intended to say something, but then didn't have the cajones to carry through.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist spell God with a small g as this seems to advance their theory.
Atheist great fear seems to be Intelligent Design mentioned in public school :-)
Their theory of what? Expound on that non-existent theory, you bloated pus pocket.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
this from an article...
NOT sympathetic to the Souther Baptist movement
I didn't say so, I just wanted to know what they said or to have a link I am always on the look out for BS cos A I like doing it calling it and B I think it's a duty to call BS for what it is and show why, dumb ideas are a danger to us all as what you think is true affects your actions.

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Yes-- the nearly-dead DO report strange "happenings".
Exactly as do people who experience "waking dreams".
The two are identical processes, in fact.
More to the point?
If a Genuine Christian™ experiences a nearly-dead condition, and recovers? He or she often reports images similar to the fantasies he or she was taught as a child: christianistic imagery.
If a Genuine Muslim™ experiences a nearly-dead condition, and recovers? He or she often reports images similar to the fantasies he or she was taught as a child: islamic imagery.
If a Genuine Jew™ experiences a nearly-dead condition, and recovers? He or she often reports images similar to the fantasies he or she was taught as a child: strongly semitic imagery.
If a pagan/wiccian experiences a nearly-dead condition, and recovers? He or she often reports images similar to the fantasies he or she was taught as a child: strongly pagan imagery.
Do you see a trend here?
I found nothing wrong with this post ..

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
NEW TESTAMENT EXAMPLES--INCLUDING JESUS ENDORSEMENTS OF SLAVERY:
You would think that Jesus and the New Testament would have a different view of slavery, but slavery is still approved of in the New Testament, as the following passages show.
Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ.(Ephesians 6:5 NLT)
Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them.(1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)
In the following parable, Jesus clearly approves of beating slaves even if they didn't know they were doing anything wrong.
The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)
..Look, the Sacred writers have a difficult time disabusing slavery ..as God "is" our master ..

(item) Enslavement is probably the most humane thing, you could do with a vanquished enemy ....(besides letting them go , and risking further attacks )

Martin Luther King Jr....Great God Almighty , I'm free ; free at last ...!

Thomas Jefferson ....The God who gave us Life gave us Liberty ...

No one ...but , Atheists believe the Good Book espouses slavery ...you people are hell bent on , living in your sins , and you'll find any excuse to remain so ...even a false one ..

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Here you go, a smattering of bible-endorsed slavery:
The following passage shows that slaves are clearly property to be bought and sold like livestock.
However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way.(Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)
The following passage describes how the Hebrew slaves are to be treated.
If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom. If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year. But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him. If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master. But the slave may plainly declare,'I love my master, my wife, and my children. I would rather not go free.' If he does this, his master must present him before God. Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl. After that, the slave will belong to his master forever.(Exodus 21:2-6 NLT)
Notice how they can get a male Hebrew slave to become a permanent slave by keeping his wife and children hostage until he says he wants to become a permanent slave. What kind of family values are these?
The following passage describes the sickening practice of sex slavery. How can anyone think it is moral to sell your own daughter as a sex slave?
When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.(Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)
..big whup...ancient societies "used" slaves ......find one that did not ......these people ,at least have a moral code ..

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Benjamin Frankly wrote:
<quoted text>
Penn Jillette is a credit to you Pagans , but "here" he is controlling the message ..

The interview I heard ..he calls them "after death experiences "..Some heart doctor on NPR ..in America .

The newly resurrected witnessed conversations outside of the operating room ...or, because they were above their bodies they could see things, as a bed ridden patient would have been impossible ..

The Doctor didn't seem to want to elaborate ...but, he insinuated that those resurrected from suicide ..don't enjoy their out of body experience ..

And, the difficulty is just like dreams (most) people will forget the details of what they experienced ...and, he isn't really allowed to interview someone ..in such a precarious position ...

If someone having an out of body experience , can repeat a conversion others were having in the hallway , or describe what on top of a shelf , while they're bed ridden ...

..Atheists should start to worry ..

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Benjamin Frankly wrote:
<quoted text>
One "new earther" remarks on the speed in which complex cells evolved ..(miraculous)

I ask... "only" humans can develop intelligence ..??

and,...who did we evolve from ....it's 2013 ; and nobody knows ...???

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 7,421 - 7,440 of12,668
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min Patrick 223,956
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Mikko 21,376
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 3 hr Patrick 829
Our world came from nothing? 3 hr religionisillness 147
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 3 hr religionisillness 349
Talking some sense into you people... 4 hr Patrick 23
Maher to Stewart: 'Drugs are good, religion is ... 6 hr Patrick 4
•••
•••