Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12667 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#7622 Mar 18, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob may well prove to be a Southern Baptist toll trying to embarrass Atheists with repeated idiotic posts?
Peace
Are you seeing a kindred spirit in Bob oQF? If so you may want to rethink your last statement, we are not embarrassed by truth, but I am assuming that you are. And it just may play out that Bob will prove to be the very aware atheist that so adroitly parries your every move.
Lincoln

United States

#7623 Mar 18, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Are you seeing a kindred spirit in Bob oQF? If so you may want to rethink your last statement, we are not embarrassed by truth, but I am assuming that you are. And it just may play out that Bob will prove to be the very aware atheist that so adroitly parries your every move.
A teacher teaching evolution in a biology class may take hours to explain subtle examples. Ten hours may scratch the surface in a basic high school class.

A teacher teaching Intelligent Design explains the God is all powerful, God is all Know and God is always present and thus controlled evolution. Takes about three minutes.
Imagine evolution wins and fear of Intelligent Design being taught, may be an overreaction?

B- the whatever has problems spelling Jesus?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7624 Mar 18, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..I can't help it ....I believe 'ABORTION' is " murder"....
So? You also believe in talking snakes and other BS.

What YOU believe in, is nonsense.

"abortion is murder" is more of your nonsense.
number four wrote:
"I" ..don't like "republican" ..either ...I LIKE BABIES ...even those that are "ugly"...
If you don't like abortion? Don't have one.

Simple.

If you are male? Then have a vasectomy, to prevent any possibility of you being connected to an abortion.

Even simpler.

And as an added bonus? The latter would have a direct improvement in the human species...

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#7625 Mar 18, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't mention "In god we trust" if you don't mention "god". deal?
"you" spelled 'God' wrong ...

Las Vegas, NV

#7626 Mar 18, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..wahh...!!!..cry me a river ....!!!...I'm "not" a Muslim .....
when 'they' attack ....we , retaliate ...."WELCOME" ....to "christendome" ..........bitch,,,
..."Mahmood" ...this was "not" directed at "you" , I envisioned this going to the Mujahideen .....right after he realizes his mistake, in attacking Western interests ....

and, it was St. Patrick's 2013 ...(I'm not really responsible, for "any" of my post's ...that day..)

I do understand , Islam is a religion of dominance ....but, I believe , We have freedom of conscience ....those who choose "that" faith ...have that right ...

Las Vegas, NV

#7627 Mar 18, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
So? You also believe in talking snakes and other BS.
What YOU believe in, is nonsense.
"abortion is murder" is more of your nonsense.
<quoted text>
If you don't like abortion? Don't have one.
Simple.
If you are male? Then have a vasectomy, to prevent any possibility of you being connected to an abortion.
Even simpler.
And as an added bonus? The latter would have a direct improvement in the human species...
okay , fine ..just like I said to "Cpt Jack" ...It's the woman's body she can do what she wants ...

It's "my" wife ..why, can't I beat her ..??

They're "my" children ..why, can't I abuse them ..??

They're "my" dogs ..why, can't I fight them..??

( I would have "cute" kids ....why , you gotta hurt my feeling's ..??)

Las Vegas, NV

#7628 Mar 18, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
The supernatural is dealt with in science, through psychology and neuroscience.
..Fooey...!!!...by definition , supernatural is "outside" of nature .....it's impossible to measure or examine .....because ..IT"S.."supra" ..natural ...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7629 Mar 18, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>"you" spelled 'God' wrong ...
Until (and if) you manage to produce some PROOF that your >g<od is real?

There is no reason at all to dignify your imaginary monster-god with a big G.

None at all...

... your fantasy-god is unworthy of such respect.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7630 Mar 18, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..."Mahmood" ...this was "not" directed at "you" , I envisioned this going to the Mujahideen .....right after he realizes his mistake, in attacking Western interests ....
and, it was St. Patrick's 2013 ...(I'm not really responsible, for "any" of my post's ...that day..)
I do understand , Islam is a religion of dominance ....but, I believe , We have freedom of conscience ....those who choose "that" faith ...have that right ...
Drunken theist. How.... typical...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7631 Mar 18, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>okay , fine ..just like I said to "Cpt Jack" ...It's the woman's body she can do what she wants ...
It's "my" wife ..why, can't I beat her ..??
Your evil bible certainly thinks you have the right.

Law? Modern law does not agree with you, however.

Slavery is no longer allowed-- in spite of your evil bible's saying slavery is just fine.

Humanity has so improved over the evil bible here.
number four wrote:
They're "my" children ..why, can't I abuse them ..??
Your evil bible certainly thinks you have the right.

Law? Modern law does not agree with you, however.

Slavery is no longer allowed-- in spite of your evil bible's saying slavery is just fine.

Humanity has so improved over the evil bible here.
number four wrote:
They're "my" dogs ..why, can't I fight them..??
( I would have "cute" kids ....why , you gotta hurt my feeling's ..??)
Again? Modern law has TRUMPED your evil bible, here.

This is a good thing: your bible is barbaric.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7632 Mar 18, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Fooey...!!!...by definition , supernatural is "outside" of nature .....it's impossible to measure or examine .....because ..IT"S.."supra" ..natural ...
Good!

That also means... what?

Here let me help: supernatural ... IS NOT REAL.

By >>definition<<.

Good!
Lincoln

United States

#7633 Mar 19, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>"you" spelled 'God' wrong ...
Atheist spell God with a small g as this seems to advance their theory.
Atheist great fear seems to be Intelligent Design mentioned in public school :-)

“you must not give faith”

Since: Jul 12

Nottingham, UK

#7639 Mar 19, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist spell God with a small g as this seems to advance their theory.
Atheist great fear seems to be Intelligent Design mentioned in public school :-)
Intelligent Design makes astrology a science.
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn8178-as...
If any one says this is out of context, put it back with a source.
Lincoln

United States

#7640 Mar 19, 2013
Benjamin Frankly wrote:
<quoted text>
Intelligent Design makes astrology a science.
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn8178-as...
If any one says this is out of context, put it back with a source.
ID is based on faith only.

Latest approach among Southern Baptists is to point out "internal contradictions in Evolution." :-)

"Blind Faith " one excellent album with Clapton and Winwood
Jimmy

Yeovil, UK

#7641 Mar 19, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
A teacher teaching evolution in a biology class may take hours to explain subtle examples. Ten hours may scratch the surface in a basic high school class.
A teacher teaching Intelligent Design explains the God is all powerful, God is all Know and God is always present and thus controlled evolution. Takes about three minutes.
Imagine evolution wins and fear of Intelligent Design being taught, may be an overreaction?
How quickly you can teach something says nothing about whether it has any value or truth to it.

It seems you religious folks would rather hear a convenient truth than the facts behind a real science like biology
Jimmy

Yeovil, UK

#7642 Mar 19, 2013
The truth is at religious people are too lazy and arrogant to question themselves, for fear that they may be wrong.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7643 Mar 19, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
The truth is at religious people are too lazy and arrogant to question themselves, for fear that they may be wrong.
Of course!

It cannot possibly get any lazier than "teaching" the idea "goddidit".

I mean-- think about that for a sec: in True Believer™ school? All of biology, geology, chemistry and physics-- you could teach the poor kids in about 5 minutes: "goddidit".

And to get a masters in True Believer™ school? I guess you'd say it twice: "goddidit-goddidit"

Of course, for a PhD in True Believer™ school, that would sound to much like frogs croaking, so you'd say instead, "godsfault" real fast.

;)

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#7644 Mar 20, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
English is not your preferred mode of communication, is it? You have yet to show that you have the ability to correctly comprehend a post, you basically throw out a few words that in no way are replies to the posts, and usually end up almost making some absurd statement, by dropping the end of your sentence into oblivion.

So in response to your absurd statement from this post, the private school teacher is more than welcome to push whichever god, her school is paying her to push.

The state or federal teacher is to teach what her bosses mandate, and her bosses are nobody's god or church. So she cannot get away with forcing your child to pray facing Mecca fives times a day. She will never instruct your child to make a sacrifice to any little blue god, and no child in her classes will ever be voted to be the one thrown into the local volcano. She also will never tell your child that the god Jehovah might make you cook and eat him.

She will teach him that _____ plus _____ equals _____. << Fill in the blanks, logically.

Until Christendom accepts that it's failed prophet was both Jewish and a Rabbi, the reminder is necessary.

This failed prophet was also never prophesied, the prophesied prophet never materialized in the book that predicted him. The Jewish Rabbi is thought of as only another man by the Jewish people, and the tale was stolen and enlarged by the Christain creators of it's holy tomes.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#7645 Mar 20, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>How quickly you can teach something says nothing about whether it has any value or truth to it.

It seems you religious folks would rather hear a convenient truth than the facts behind a real science like biology
A comforting lie is favorable to uncomfortable truths for some.
Lincoln

United States

#7646 Mar 20, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>English is not your preferred mode of communication, is it? You have yet to show that you have the ability to correctly comprehend a post, you basically throw out a few words that in no way are replies to the posts, and usually end up almost making some absurd statement, by dropping the end of your sentence into oblivion.
So in response to your absurd statement from this post, the private school teacher is more than welcome to push whichever god, her school is paying her to push.
The state or federal teacher is to teach what her bosses mandate, and her bosses are nobody's god or church. So she cannot get away with forcing your child to pray facing Mecca fives times a day. She will never instruct your child to make a sacrifice to any little blue god, and no child in her classes will ever be voted to be the one thrown into the local volcano. She also will never tell your child that the god Jehovah might make you cook and eat him.
She will teach him that _____ plus _____ equals _____. << Fill in the blanks, logically.
Until Christendom accepts that it's failed prophet was both Jewish and a Rabbi, the reminder is necessary.
This failed prophet was also never prophesied, the prophesied prophet never materialized in the book that predicted him. The Jewish Rabbi is thought of as only another man by the Jewish people, and the tale was stolen and enlarged by the Christain creators of it's holy tomes.
As an amused observer, note that since the 1960s Supreme Court decisions, atheism has seen better days.
Democratic party used to be secular.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 26 min Pahu 2,354
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 26 min New Age Spiritual... 247,547
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... 40 min ORIGINAL WILLARD 35
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 55 min Eagle 12 12,803
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 1 hr thetruth 47,840
News Atheism, the Bible and sexual orientation 3 hr Thinking 13
Proof of God for the Atheist 3 hr Amused 130
More from around the web