Atheism and cowardice

Nov 18, 2011 Full story: Conservapedia 12,667

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Read more

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7579 Mar 16, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
science is silent on religion because religion has always presented nothing of worth to speak of.
Exactly.

Science is strictly reality-based.

Religion is strictly ... not.
treggeg

Pittsburgh, PA

#7580 Mar 16, 2013
youtube.com/watch... ……
Atheism will dont scale Religon
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

#7581 Mar 16, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Is not killing ,for the sake of strengthening ones agenda ; the "very" same ..???
You are more familiar with the martyr attacks against Shiites , aren't they "more" tribal violence than religious violence ..
Killing can be due religious or non-religious reasons, but no one kills in the name of atheism. Pol Pot, Mao, Stalin, and Gangihis Khan killed for power and control & not for religious reasons. Jihadist detonating bombs killing innocent bystanders are killing in the name of religion.
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

#7582 Mar 16, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
science is silent on religion because religion has always presented nothing of worth to speak of.
Thats right. Well said.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#7583 Mar 16, 2013
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Killing can be due religious or non-religious reasons, but no one kills in the name of atheism. Pol Pot, Mao, Stalin, and Gangihis Khan killed for power and control & not for religious reasons. Jihadist detonating bombs killing innocent bystanders are killing in the name of religion.
Martyrs are killing so they can redeem their souls ,I can agree..

Pol Pot and his ilk ,killed for power and control ..

The Jews killed Christians for power and control ..i.e. people were leaving the faith .

The Pagans killed Christians for power and control ...

And, the Christians killed both for power and control ..

except for the odd suicide bomber , or abortion doctor murder ...no one is "really" killing for religion ...

Las Vegas, NV

#7584 Mar 16, 2013
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
..You simplify too much ....the martyr himself believes he is doing Allah's work ....but, the organisation behind him ...has an agenda for "power and control" ...i.e. defeating the Jews or bringing about a sharia state ...

Las Vegas, NV

#7585 Mar 16, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
What does your idiotic comment even MEAN?
How many times do you need to kill someone? Once? Six times over? Is 100 times "dead" any more dead than 1 time?
The US military is grossly too large, for it's function.
Yes-- we need a good one. But no, we don't need one capable of simultaneous invasion of 6 countries at a time ....
... hell, we don't even need the capability of ONE invasion! ONE invasion is ONE TOO MANY.
Defensive military? You damn betcha-- that's a must.
Offensive military is .... just offensive. Not in a good way.
there are barbarians at the gates ...there always has been ,and there always will be ..i.e...Somali pirates .

Las Vegas, NV

#7586 Mar 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Not... really. That would be you, lying once more.
Why do you lie? Oh! You lie because you have to-- it's literally all you got: lies.

He WAS a hippy: he never owned ANYthing, apart from his street clothes.
A..I don't believe I'm wrong ; the most ardent abolitionists were the Puritans and, the freed Blacks themselves ...

B..There were times when Jesus had to steal away ..when, the huge mobs tried to make Him king ...if He wanted wealth or political power ,there was NOthing to stop Him..

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#7587 Mar 16, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Science is silent on religion.
Because science deals with reality.

Las Vegas, NV

#7588 Mar 16, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Because science deals with reality.
and, the supernatural isn't reality ,why ..???

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#7589 Mar 16, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Think Obama and Biden believe in Christianity.
Bob whatever-bot seems the most counter productive.
Your post seems counter productive to whatever you had aimed to acheive by using it.
The first sentence needs some sort of clarifying element added to it, and the second makes no sense either.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7590 Mar 17, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Martyrs are killing so they can redeem their souls ,I can agree..
If only that were demonstratively true... alas, it's not.

So your "souls" are as fictitious as your empty promises of "heaven".
number four wrote:
Pol Pot and his ilk ,killed for power and control ..
The Jews killed Christians for power and control ..i.e. people were leaving the faith .
But not >>nearly<< as many Jews killed by Genuine Christians™, for the "crime" of not being a Genuine Christian™.

Down through history, there have been many massacres of Jews by Genuine Christians™. Far, far more than when Jews killed.
number four wrote:
The Pagans killed Christians for power and control ...
Really? When? If you mean before Constantine's force conversion to Genuine Christianity™, then that hardly counts-- there were NO christians prior to that, you see... the name not coming into use until Constantine...
number four wrote:
And, the Christians killed both for power and control ..
And still do. Even today...
number four wrote:
except for the odd suicide bomber , or abortion doctor murder ...no one is "really" killing for religion ...
Abortion isn't murder you unmitigated azz.

To qualify as murder? A human being has to have been killed...

... abortion doesn't qualify.

But that does not stop you Genuine Christians™ from murdering women's doctors anyway, does it?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7591 Mar 17, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>there are barbarians at the gates ...there always has been ,and there always will be ..i.e...Somali pirates .
One ship was easily able to subdue those.

Our military is grossly oversize, for it's current mission.

It's wasteful.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7592 Mar 17, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>A..I don't believe I'm wrong ; the most ardent abolitionists were the Puritans and, the freed Blacks themselves ...
You also believe in an invisible skyfairy who also uses infinite torture.

So your opinion is hardly worthwhile, here.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7593 Mar 17, 2013
number four wrote:
B..There were times when Jesus had to steal away ..when, the huge mobs tried to make Him king ...if He wanted wealth or political power ,there was NOthing to stop Him..
That's just proof he wasn't even a little bit divine in any way.

A truly >>divine<< being would've foreseen things, such that sneaking around like a thief would have been unnecessary.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7594 Mar 17, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>and, the supernatural isn't reality ,why ..???
To qualify for reality, existence is a requirement.

Your supernatural? Does not qualify as a result.

Just like your equally imaginary god...

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#7595 Mar 17, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>and, the supernatural isn't reality ,why ..???
Let's see, oh yer ghosts, goblins, dragons, werewolves, vampires, zombies and all so called gods and goddesses.

Las Vegas, NV

#7596 Mar 17, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see, oh yer ghosts, goblins, dragons, werewolves, vampires, zombies and all so called gods and goddesses.
..well....Now "you" are just making me look dumb ..

Las Vegas, NV

#7597 Mar 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Basically the same area, so what?
You've been listening to the Kool-Aid channel again,(the Fox Lies channel).
I'm sorry you are so ignorant.
I blame myself , and I deserve to be embarrassed ...

I realize you are the basic "American" troglodyte , and know nothing and care even less of anything outside of your television and national borders ...

But, so "you" do not embarrass "me" later ..a little tidbit ..China and Japan both Oriental (but, not the same thing)
While North and South Korea (are basically the same area) these two governments are deeply at odds with each other ..

Las Vegas, NV

#7598 Mar 17, 2013
<quoted text>
So? These days, it's just a symbol leftover from a more ignorant time.
Not unlike the phrase "in god we trust" on the US money-- it's >>lawfully<< been declared that it is NOT religious in any way by the US Supreme Court.
Thus the word "god" in the phrase "in god we trust" is not the god YOU believe in.
But rather a meaningless, non-religious nebulosity.
Likely the same "god" that some folk scream while in the throes of ecstasy; a meaningless null-word, signifying nothing.
Which, upon reflection, is a GOOD thing.
It dilutes the god-meme.
Ah, Here will "see" the utter depravity and schizophrenia of the modern Atheist ..

"In God We Trust" (printed on U.S.A currency) has "no" religious meaning ...

"Gott Mit Uns" ( basically the same thing ; stamped into the belt buckle of Nazi storm troopers)... this one "does" have religious significance ..!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Confessions of a black atheist 20 min Redefined 42
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr MikeF 18,023
News The Consequences of Atheism 1 hr Thinking 1,143
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Igor Trip 236,938
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 2 hr Eagle 12 6,458
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 7 hr ChristineM 1,875
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 14 hr Thinking 14,508
More from around the web