Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12671 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Lincoln

United States

#7559 Mar 16, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Dawkins has no idea that I even exist, nor should he. In fact the only connection between us is that I have at least heard his name.
Obama on the other hand is another story, he and Joe know exactly where I stand, and I know much of why they make the stands that they do.
Have you ever heard of politics?
Think Obama and Biden believe in Christianity.

Bob whatever-bot seems the most counter productive.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#7560 Mar 16, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate this expression.
Apples vs Oranges
Which is food? Both
Which is fruit? Both
Which grows on a tree? Both
Which is round? Both
Which is available in the US? Both
It should be "You are comparing Apples and Robot Assassins or something
.."You" are wise beyond your years ...
Thinking

Mirfield, UK

#7561 Mar 16, 2013
Assassin oranges are scary.

&t= 121
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate this expression.
Apples vs Oranges
Which is food? Both
Which is fruit? Both
Which grows on a tree? Both
Which is round? Both
Which is available in the US? Both
It should be "You are comparing Apples and Robot Assassins or something

Las Vegas, NV

#7562 Mar 16, 2013
Mengal wrote:
Mengal
A=So this is the way of arguments and depth of thinking of poor Atheist,How shallow logic. I know you do not worship the dine table or picture which you love, hanging from wall in your bed room. However if any one,
.I aske same question ,: what should be the punishment for someone urinating on this mere picture or table....???
B=I love my mother more then you love your mother.
,How ever if my Mother disgrace Quran I shall disgrace her and hold the sanctity of Quran.
C- Aeishas marriage was in age of seventeen or eighteen(17or18) Now this fact is proved,Ismail Bukhar(Rahmu-Allah)did not lie ,But that is simple narration which he heard and Passed correctly)
D- Ask from your own self, if any one commit Bacha bazi(sodomy) with your child,would you like it or not?
.."Mengal"....I appreciate your response ..

A) Someone urinating on my things ...A sound beating and I would expect monetary compensation for any damages incurred

B)..well...I should call my Mother more ...
B2)again , your answer implies that Muslims worship the Quran ...as an idol ..

C)Your very own scholars give 'Aisha's age at "6" when she caught Mohammad's eye ; "9" when he consummated their marriage ..
C1)..That you wish your founder to be more palatable to Western morality ...is quite endearing ..

D)That you Pakistanis and Saudis turn to homosexuality ..is quite understandable .....as, it is unnatural to remove women from the public square ...

Las Vegas, NV

#7563 Mar 16, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
The cross on the flag doesn't say anything at all about the people living in Sweden
..except , that you people "once" believed Christ to be a pretty big deal ..

Las Vegas, NV

#7564 Mar 16, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Never happened-- The US Army special forces took that country apart-- and never found even a HINT of nuclear capability.
You are as deluded as you are ignorant.
..That's funny that you call me ignorant ....

I wrote "Persians can build a bomb" ..Persians hail from Iran ..

The country we took apart was ,Iraq ...populated by Arabs ..

(I don't blame you ...I had a public education too .)

Las Vegas, NV

#7565 Mar 16, 2013
Katiegal wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that the Bible was used by pro slavery people to justify their views. The Bible generally approves of slavery with not one word against it. The Old Testament particularly approves of slavery. Lincoln may have used certain passages of the Bible to find some moral strength, but he did not find anything in the Bible directly supporting the abolition of slavery.
..Yes, the Southern land owners "did" use the Bible to justify slavery ...

But, if you are honest ; you have to admit that the most ardent anti-slavery ....came from the pulpit ...

Jesus never did condemn slavery ..He just never owned one ..I look at it like this ...Is eating meat immoral ..(you know the appalling conditions ; our livestock are kept in ..)..???

What if in the future ..tasty bacon , wings and sea food ; could be grown in vats ...??
Would killing a dumb beast for its flesh , be immoral then..??

Las Vegas, NV

#7566 Mar 16, 2013
Mengal wrote:
Mengal
of Missunderstanding islam By Qadir mengal.. So as Qadir mengal also (insha Allah) will give you the answers about your questions and Queries about islam on this thread
..ahhh.."Mengal" ,bless your black little heart ...!!

No body misunderstands Islam ; It's just that Muslims keep claiming Islam is very best, humankind can achieve ..

..So, this begs the question ..."Where ?".....We are all aware that Islamic nations are some of the very worst this world has to offer ..illiteracy ,poverty, sectarian violence and totalitarianism abound ...

Where is this beacon of hope and prosperity in the Islamic World ...??
Jimmy

London, UK

#7567 Mar 16, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Yes, the Southern land owners "did" use the Bible to justify slavery ...
But, if you are honest ; you have to admit that the most ardent anti-slavery ....came from the pulpit ...
Jesus never did condemn slavery ..He just never owned one ..I look at it like this ...Is eating meat immoral ..(you know the appalling conditions ; our livestock are kept in ..)..???
What if in the future ..tasty bacon , wings and sea food ; could be grown in vats ...??
keep your wars religious wars away from the athiests
Lincoln

United States

#7568 Mar 16, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..That's funny that you call me ignorant ....
Bob seems a born again Christian trying to embarrass atheists.:-)

Las Vegas, NV

#7569 Mar 16, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
keep your wars religious wars away from the athiests
..oh shush...!!...It appears you are winning the "culture wars"...anyways ...

Las Vegas, NV

#7570 Mar 16, 2013
Sabir Abdus-Samee wrote:
<quoted text>You say that Muslims hate women, but I love women! As far as I know, a lady is a lady
Can she marry outside of Islam ...??

Las Vegas, NV

#7571 Mar 16, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Alas, the US is lagging behind in a great many things.
We are way down the list on:
Education, innovation, infant mortality, childhood diseases, health care, average income, the per-person murder rate (it's too high in the US-- I suppose you could say we are "top" in this category), per-person crime, taxes, average cost-of-living, marriage failures, political corruption, etc, etc, etc.
About the only thing the US exceeds the other first (and many 2nd) world countries in?
Is spending on pie-in-the-sky military projects. The US spends the largest fraction of it's annual budget-- many times over-- than the next highest country in the world.
Kinda sad, really: what the US is number one at? Is fueling the tools to make war...
... ugg.
The most "expensive" Army in the world ...Is the one, that was "second best"..!!

Las Vegas, NV

#7572 Mar 16, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say the UK isn't any better. We can always find money to kill people or supply the arms to other counties for them to kill each other.
The UK government has said it wants to supply military help for the Syrian rebels. The same people they call terrorists in Iraq.
We supply the Saudi government with warplanes and all manner of tools of death and destruction, and our royals and government officials entertain these monsters that rule over a country of despots and tyrannical theocratic cretins.
There will be no Arab spring in Saudi. They have enough weapons to kill their civilian population 10 times over, We should know,we supplied them.
..RUBBISH..!!!....Great Britain ,has a very large military machine ...yet, She doesn't kill Her people ..

And, neither does She elect the despots and stupid thugs ;the Arab World is so enamored with ..

Sheer numbers confirm , the Sunni will overrun the Alawite minority in Syria .....and, Arabs true to form will "just" elect another despot ...why, not get in good will the rebels now ....And, lets get back to work ,pumping that sweet sweet crude ,out from the bosom of Mother Earth ..!!
Jimmy

London, UK

#7573 Mar 16, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Dawkins and Obama find you wanting.
Science in silent on religion.
President Obama and VP Biden are not
science is silent on religion because religion has always presented nothing of worth to speak of.
Lincoln

United States

#7574 Mar 16, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
science is silent on religion because religion has always presented nothing of worth to speak of.
Science is silent on religion.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7575 Mar 16, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Dawkins has no idea that I even exist, nor should he. In fact the only connection between us is that I have at least heard his name.
Obama on the other hand is another story, he and Joe know exactly where I stand, and I know much of why they make the stands that they do.
Have you ever heard of politics?
Whereas I'm not 100% in line with what President Obama has done? There really isn't anything he's accomplished I have issue with.

My only real beef, is what he's not done: he did promise to end illegal government wiretapping (no warrant), and he's still not ended Gitmo.

But he >>has<< brought the US budget to the closest it's been to balanced since... Clinton.

A very welcome change-- and Wall Street agrees, it's been going up since Obama was put into office. And still climbing.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7576 Mar 16, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..That's funny that you call me ignorant ....
Basically the same area, so what?

You've been listening to the Kool-Aid channel again,(the Fox Lies channel).

I'm sorry you are so ignorant.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7577 Mar 16, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Yes, the Southern land owners "did" use the Bible to justify slavery ...
Not... really. That would be you, lying once more.

Why do you lie? Oh! You lie because you have to-- it's literally all you got: lies.
number four wrote:
Jesus never did condemn slavery
Correct. Obviously he was just fine with it-- he DID specifically state that everyone MUST follow ALL the old Jewish laws--which include slavery.
number four wrote:
..He just never owned one
He WAS a hippy: he never owned ANYthing, apart from his street clothes.

So it's hardly an endorsement against slavery by Jesus here; it's more like an endorsement against ALL CAPITALISM. Which rather makes a religion of owning stuff.

Jesus was against capitalism, obviously.
number four wrote:
..I look at it like this ...Is eating meat immoral ..(you know the appalling conditions ; our livestock are kept in ..)..???
Depends. Do you like good health? Then, yeah, >>occasional<< meat-eating is a requirement, in spite of all the lies of extreme vegetarians tell you. But it is certainly not a daily requirement.

So. If we were "designed" as you think? Then your god DELIBERATELY set up humans such that, they MUST eat the occasional meat, to remain healthy.

I think that answers you ... "question".
number four wrote:
Would it? Does this "dumb beast" have one of your soul thingys?

LOL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7578 Mar 16, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>The most "expensive" Army in the world ...Is the one, that was "second best"..!!
What does your idiotic comment even MEAN?

How many times do you need to kill someone? Once? Six times over? Is 100 times "dead" any more dead than 1 time?

The US military is grossly too large, for it's function.

Yes-- we need a good one. But no, we don't need one capable of simultaneous invasion of 6 countries at a time ....

... hell, we don't even need the capability of ONE invasion! ONE invasion is ONE TOO MANY.

Defensive military? You damn betcha-- that's a must.

Offensive military is .... just offensive. Not in a good way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr par five 5,970
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr ATHEOI 3,074
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr par five 253,320
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 1 hr ATHEOI 3,967
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 6 hr Knowledge- 8,071
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 11 hr Eagle 12 27,265
News Speaking for God 12 hr hpcaban 1
More from around the web