Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12663 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#7443 Mar 9, 2013
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
People have comitted crimes in the name of religion but no one has committed crimes against humanity in the name of atheism. Pol Pot, Stalin, Hitlier and whoever, would murder anyone who they felt was an impeditment to their power regardless of the persons lack of religious beliefs. Religion on the other hand continues to be responsible for wanton carnage all over the world. Just look at what is happening with the Shias in Pakistan? Their only "crime" is that they are Shias and not Sunnis - religion can go fu&k itself.
Is not killing ,for the sake of strengthening ones agenda ; the "very" same ..???

You are more familiar with the martyr attacks against Shiites , aren't they "more" tribal violence than religious violence ..

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#7444 Mar 9, 2013
Thinking wrote:
L'esprit de l'escalier.
<quoted text>
..ahhh...you're sweet.." I love you too"..

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#7445 Mar 9, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
last time christians had power in Germany there was mass graves
Germany has "always" had mass graves...Those people are good at "two" things ; making cars and bringing the pain ..!!!

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#7446 Mar 9, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
None of those places used "athiesm" as their main reason to do what they did.
NONE.
So as usual, you lie to try to be convincing.
But as usual, your lies are easy to see through.
In a classic moronic Genuine Christian™ mistake.
LOL!
You could have said this nicer ; You're longing for the demise of religion , I'm just making sure you are aware of what it is ,you are hoping for ....

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#7447 Mar 9, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Except for teh gays, right?
Your god >>hates<< teh gays, does he not?
... meh.
God forbids immoral sexual relations ; straight people will go to Hell ,too..

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#7448 Mar 9, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
That's NO excuse!
And most of those "wars" were only started out of pure-D greed....
The many Indian Wars ,War of 1812 and the Mexican American war ; were the only wars started for greed ..
(as for other posts)

A)The Pope says hes too old for the many responsibilities and constant travel ....(but, you are free to believe anything you want ..)

B) Medieval Times weren't as horrid as you purport ; we believe this only to make ourselves feel better about how much we have improved ...

C)The claim to take the Bible literally , You do realize it was written between 6 thousand to 1 thousand 800 years ago ..so, you are just being an ass ...

D)Australia ,Switzerland and Sweden ; rely heavily on American military support ; they can afford to use their tax monies to fund social programs ..
D1)I wonder what Christmas is like in Scandinavia and Switzerland ; agnostic and atheist populaces (you claim)

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#7449 Mar 9, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>God forbids immoral sexual relations ; straight people will go to Hell ,too..
Well, duh .... there are just not that many gays, and actually biblically speaking, just about 99.999999% of everybody is going to hell.

Do you maybe have any bastards in your family, for the last nine generations? They count against you, even the ones you could never know about. Like maybe your great, great, great, grand father, left behind a splinter from the old Lincoln log in some barmaids life. Don't feel bad though, since it's only the bastards who go to hell, and all the bastards lineage, so at least your great, great, great, grand father, can get into heaven, unless his great, great, great, grand father, left behind a little splinter off the old log too.
Jewsus will be there, so it won't be all bad, but he really doesn't like non-Jews. If you are a virgin Jewish male, you will have it made in heaven, because dude the bridegroom cometh and you are the bride.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#7450 Mar 9, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Well, duh .... there are just not that many gays, and actually biblically speaking, just about 99.999999% of everybody is going to hell.
Do you maybe have any bastards in your family, for the last nine generations? They count against you, even the ones you could never know about. Like maybe your great, great, great, grand father, left behind a splinter from the old Lincoln log in some barmaids life. Don't feel bad though, since it's only the bastards who go to hell, and all the bastards lineage, so at least your great, great, great, grand father, can get into heaven, unless his great, great, great, grand father, left behind a little splinter off the old log too.
Jewsus will be there, so it won't be all bad, but he really doesn't like non-Jews. If you are a virgin Jewish male, you will have it made in heaven, because dude the bridegroom cometh and you are the bride.
Ah, yes the very same passage where God promises to bless those who obey His precepts unto the thousandth generation ....

All men fall short of pleasing God ; that's why Jesus came to suffer and die ...to pay our way ..

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7451 Mar 9, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>You could have said this nicer ; You're longing for the demise of religion , I'm just making sure you are aware of what it is ,you are hoping for ....
No-- you paint me with your own prejudices, as is your usual habit.

But you also paint the world with a false brush.

Countries that have rejected religion for the most part, have better education, better medical care, better average wages, less corruption in their politics, lower murder rates, lower crime rates, and generally happier populace.

Would you like some names of these mostly-secular countries?

:LOL:

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7452 Mar 9, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>God forbids immoral sexual relations ; straight people will go to Hell ,too..
Your god is not real.

Your hate for gays is 100% unfounded.

It's just you-- hating.

It's what you do best-- you hate.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7453 Mar 9, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>The many Indian Wars ,War of 1812 and the Mexican American war ; were the only wars started for greed ..
False. They ultimately ALL were... but history is not something you study, is it?
number four wrote:
(as for other posts)
A)The Pope says hes too old for the many responsibilities and constant travel ....(but, you are free to believe anything you want ..)
So? Popes much older than he, have continued in office for longer in spite of failing health.

He's just a pansy-- literally, according to some of the news even now coming out.
number four wrote:
B) Medieval Times weren't as horrid as you purport ; we believe this only to make ourselves feel better about how much we have improved ...
False. Average lifespan of adults was 30-ish or so. Most babies who managed to survive to be born died before 12. About 1/2 of the women eventually die during childbirth. Most pregnancies did not carry to term, but ended prematurely due to malnutrition, disease or other issues. Most people died too young, due to disease, malnutrition, or simply being in the wrong place and were killed by so-called "small warfare".

Slavery was very-very common, as was it's kissin'-cousin, indentured servitude-- which was just slavery with a pittance-wage.

Anyone who went against the Genuine Church™, was usually hung, burned or tortured-to-death. Anyone. For any reason.

Unless you were rich, of course-- then you simply paid the proper bribes to the church officials, and you went on your way.

No-- it was a horrid time to be alive. And I blame your Genuine Church™ for most of it.
number four wrote:
C)The claim to take the Bible literally , You do realize it was written between 6 thousand to 1 thousand 800 years ago ..so, you are just being an ass ...
If you don't? All you have left is myth-- and 100% of your reason to be a True Believer™ is gone.

Let me repeat: if you DO NOT take it literally? WHAT IS LEFT?

Answer: nothing. It's ALL fiction therefore. All-- for you cannot tell which is which.
number four wrote:
D)Australia ,Switzerland and Sweden ; rely heavily on American military support ; they can afford to use their tax monies to fund social programs ..
Really? That's odd-- perhaps you should tell that to their standing armies...

Both Switzerland and Sweden, for example, have spent billions on their own version of modern combat jet fighter planes. Why would they bother, if they were hiding under the USA? Hmmm?

Your claims continue to fall like straw before a fire...
number four wrote:
D1)I wonder what Christmas is like in Scandinavia and Switzerland ; agnostic and atheist populaces (you claim)
Who cares? I celebrate christmas-- or as I like to call it, GIFTmas. It's a pagan holiday, after all-- little in it is original to Xianity. Not even the "virgin" (yeah, right) birth...

LOL!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7454 Mar 9, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, yes the very same passage where God promises to bless those who obey His precepts unto the thousandth generation ....
So you freely admit that your bible cannot be real?

For it contradicts itself all over the place.. impossible to follow ANY of it.

LOL!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#7455 Mar 9, 2013
number four wrote:
All men fall short of pleasing God ; that's why Jesus came to suffer and die ...to pay our way ..
So you admit that the god you belive in, is just a death-merchant?

I mean-- you said that suffering and death was payment.

So.

Your god buys and sells torturing and murder....

...wait... WHAT?

That's sick, bub.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#7456 Mar 10, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, yes the very same passage where God promises to bless those who obey His precepts unto the thousandth generation ....
All men fall short of pleasing God ; that's why Jesus came to suffer and die ...to pay our way ..
It's a carrot that you can't have. But it's not meant to actually be gotten, it is meant to keep you following, you are in the traces and being led. That might be comforting to you, but what you are being led by, is just plain disturbing to those of us, who have looked it over. There is not a single scripture that the Jesus myth did not uphold as a forever law. You are still beholden to stone to death your neighbors who would wear mixed fibers, and you will pay for the sins of your forefathers.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#7457 Mar 10, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
No-- you paint me with your own prejudices, as is your usual habit.
But you also paint the world with a false brush.
Countries that have rejected religion for the most part, have better education, better medical care, better average wages, less corruption in their politics, lower murder rates, lower crime rates, and generally happier populace.
Would you like some names of these mostly-secular countries?
:LOL:
North Korea , China and Cuba ...

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#7458 Mar 10, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Your god is not real.
Your hate for gays is 100% unfounded.
It's just you-- hating.
It's what you do best-- you hate.
I feel sad for you ..

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#7459 Mar 10, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>It's a carrot that you can't have. But it's not meant to actually be gotten, it is meant to keep you following, you are in the traces and being led. That might be comforting to you, but what you are being led by, is just plain disturbing to those of us, who have looked it over. There is not a single scripture that the Jesus myth did not uphold as a forever law. You are still beholden to stone to death your neighbors who would wear mixed fibers, and you will pay for the sins of your forefathers.
Seriously ...???..."Reason Personified"....seriously ......???

Is this what you are reduced to...nitpicking ,and taking things out of contexts ..........

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#7460 Mar 10, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
So you admit that the god you belive in, is just a death-merchant?
I mean-- you said that suffering and death was payment.
So.
Your god buys and sells torturing and murder....
...wait... WHAT?
That's sick, bub.
..Well, It does look that way ...but, the truth is ; Sin does have consequences ...

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#7461 Mar 10, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
So you freely admit that your bible cannot be real?
For it contradicts itself all over the place.. impossible to follow ANY of it.
LOL!
...Do you know what a straw man argument is ...??

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#7462 Mar 10, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
False. They ultimately ALL were... but history is not something you study, is it?
<quoted text>
So? Popes much older than he, have continued in office for longer in spite of failing health.
He's just a pansy-- literally, according to some of the news even now coming out.
<quoted text>
False. Average lifespan of adults was 30-ish or so. Most babies who managed to survive to be born died before 12. About 1/2 of the women eventually die during childbirth. Most pregnancies did not carry to term, but ended prematurely due to malnutrition, disease or other issues. Most people died too young, due to disease, malnutrition, or simply being in the wrong place and were killed by so-called "small warfare".
Slavery was very-very common, as was it's kissin'-cousin, indentured servitude-- which was just slavery with a pittance-wage.
Anyone who went against the Genuine Church™, was usually hung, burned or tortured-to-death. Anyone. For any reason.
Unless you were rich, of course-- then you simply paid the proper bribes to the church officials, and you went on your way.
No-- it was a horrid time to be alive. And I blame your Genuine Church™ for most of it.
<quoted text>
If you don't? All you have left is myth-- and 100% of your reason to be a True Believer™ is gone.
Let me repeat: if you DO NOT take it literally? WHAT IS LEFT?
Answer: nothing. It's ALL fiction therefore. All-- for you cannot tell which is which.
<quoted text>
Really? That's odd-- perhaps you should tell that to their standing armies...
Both Switzerland and Sweden, for example, have spent billions on their own version of modern combat jet fighter planes. Why would they bother, if they were hiding under the USA? Hmmm?
Your claims continue to fall like straw before a fire...
<quoted text>
Who cares? I celebrate christmas-- or as I like to call it, GIFTmas. It's a pagan holiday, after all-- little in it is original to Xianity. Not even the "virgin" (yeah, right) birth...
LOL!
A) When America begin her assault into Iran ..How is this greed ...???...You know damn well what the danger is ...!

B)besmirching an old man because he loves God ; Why am I not surprised ..??

C)Of course you blame Christianity for everything , because you're probably an idiot ...(nah I'm just kidding)..the Medieval era ; was par for the course .....i.e. these difficulties (infant mortality, endemic warfare) were a global phenomenon ..

D)The Bible is the inspired word of God ; not the immutable word of God ...capishe'...????

E)You do realize "these" countries you adore ...placed The Cross predominantly onto their flags ......curious..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 7 min scientia potentia... 23,566
Athetists' best bet is that there is a God. 26 min IB DaMann 80
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 31 min IB DaMann 48,829
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 1 hr IB DaMann 5,713
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 7 hr Cuddles6778 21,887
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 hr _Susan_ 258,042
News Louisiana Christians reclaim safe space by runn... 11 hr Eagle 12 5
More from around the web