Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12663 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#7403 Mar 8, 2013
Thinking wrote:
First you will need to prove god exists.
<quoted text>
..sorry, bloke God doesn't work that way ..can you prove "love" exists ..??

..there is evidence ,though..

1)Our conscience
2)Mankind has "always" accepted the supernatural
3)the beauty of creation
4)If God were "only" myth ..religion and God ,would not incite such resentment and vitriol

Las Vegas, NV

#7404 Mar 8, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith IS WHAT MAKES life cheap, you silly buffoon!
With FAITH, it becomes possible to murder someone, and fell nothing! All because your FAITH makes you believe your imaginary god TOLD you to kill.
And that is why faith makes life cheap.
It's only by stripping away the lies (faith), that life has real meaning, and becomes precious.
..Silly Billy...You need to reacquaint yourself with recent history in South East Asia ...(Khmer rouge, North Korea)...Asia proper (Mao Zedong)....and ,Europe ..(Stalin)..

It is in Atheism ,where we see true horror ...
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#7405 Mar 8, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..sorry, bloke God doesn't work that way ..can you prove "love" exists ..??
1)Our conscience
3)the beauty of creation
4)If God were "only" myth ..religion and God ,would not incite such resentment and vitriol
Nonsense

Religion = superstition

Las Vegas, NV

#7406 Mar 8, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
There is zero dispute that god "hardened pharaoh's heart".
Meaning that your monster-god took away ALL of pharaoh's free will.
Not good.
But then again? It's just a horrid story about a terrorist-god who delights at killing little babies.
We presume so, because the bible's god kills so very, very, very many little babies.
... it's an ugly book about an ugly god, the bible.
...hey, you called it the "bible" ...preciate' that..!

I'll agree the Old Testament is pretty bloody ,(you have to give early church leaders credit for keeping those books as is ...)

Yes, the sacred author writes "God hardened Pharaoh's heart" .......he, also writes .."the mountains and hills will sing out in joy ".........can I assume ,you take that literally ,too...???

Las Vegas, NV

#7407 Mar 8, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Nonsense
Religion = superstition
...sure, if you hold superstition "provokes" rabid anger ....

Las Vegas, NV

#7408 Mar 8, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>No, but then just because the book says so, is meaningless. The book says yes he did, the truth is, there is nothing but myth, to that god ... though the book itself makes a great tool, for certain people.
..Say what you will , but the nations influenced by Christianity ...remain the very best ..
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#7409 Mar 8, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Say what you will , but the nations influenced by Christianity ...remain the very best ..
I think it more true to say that the societies influenced Christianity. Different cultures and societies have developed and embued religions with the mores of society.

And I am not hateful, just objective. It is religion that is divisive and corrosive, like any other superstitions.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#7410 Mar 8, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text..It is in Atheism ,where we see true horror ...
Yet more nonsense.

Nobody was motivated by atheism to do anything. Atheism is simply lack of superstitious beliefs...
http://www.godchecker.com/

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/atheist

Las Vegas, NV

#7411 Mar 8, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Yet more nonsense.
Nobody was motivated by atheism to do anything. Atheism is simply lack of superstitious beliefs...
http://www.godchecker.com/
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/atheist
..My point being ..."If the Atheists are given political power,...."Power up" those Back Hoes ...It's mass grave digging time..!!..African Style ...!"

Las Vegas, NV

#7412 Mar 8, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>I think it more true to say that the societies influenced Christianity. Different cultures and societies have developed and embued religions with the mores of society.
And I am not hateful, just objective. It is religion that is divisive and corrosive, like any other superstitions.
If as you claim society influenced religion ...I would expect Christianity to be nationalistic ...this is not the case in Vatican City (right now)...and, in formation of the Euro Zone ...
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#7413 Mar 8, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..My point being ..."If the Atheists are given political power,...."Power up" those Back Hoes ...It's mass grave digging time..!!..African Style ...!"
Then you have no point.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#7414 Mar 8, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>If as you claim society influenced religion ...I would expect Christianity to be nationalistic ......
I wouldn't.
Here, you confuse nationalism and society.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#7415 Mar 8, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Say what you will , but the nations influenced by Christianity ...remain the very best ..
Actually not, it is the largely non religious countries which have the best health care, fairest governments, cleanest environment and best educations. The USA is at the bottom of those lists.

There are countries now where Christainty has again raised it's ugly head, and children are being burned for it. They are accused of witchcraft and are being tortured maimed and killed in an effort to please your god, by following his words. These people are not well educated, not afflent, in fact they are mostly those who live well below the poverty level with no hope of acheiving much more than they already have. They have been scared of your god since the missionaries lugged him in with them.

These ignorant people, obey your bible god in ways that you would never do, because you reject him as he is presented by the holy book. The god you serve is a number four construct, which has little in common with the buybull god for whom witches still burn to death.
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#7416 Mar 8, 2013
Who is "bloke God"? There are so many...

www.godchecker.com
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..sorry, bloke God doesn't work that way ..can you prove "love" exists ..??
1)Our conscience
3)the beauty of creation

Las Vegas, NV

#7417 Mar 8, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text> Actually not, it is the largely non religious countries which have the best health care, fairest governments, cleanest environment and best educations. The USA is at the bottom of those lists.
There are countries now where Christainty has again raised it's ugly head, and children are being burned for it. They are accused of witchcraft and are being tortured maimed and killed in an effort to please your god, by following his words. These people are not well educated, not afflent, in fact they are mostly those who live well below the poverty level with no hope of acheiving much more than they already have. They have been scared of your god since the missionaries lugged him in with them.
These ignorant people, obey your bible god in ways that you would never do, because you reject him as he is presented by the holy book. The god you serve is a number four construct, which has little in common with the buybull god for whom witches still burn to death.
Our "health care" sucks ....because we have to fight a lot of wars..

these are expensive ; but, many nations including ourselves now have no need to fear the tyranny ,the plagues our little blue planet ...

yeah, a couple of women have recently been murdered ...This was a Christian majority nation....???...I don't know exactly where these murders occurred , but, I assumed the perpetrators were animists ...you know , like native American religions ...Is this not the case ...???

Las Vegas, NV

#7418 Mar 8, 2013
Thinking wrote:
www.godchecker.com
<quoted text>
..yeah; God, does seem to love diversity ...

Las Vegas, NV

#7419 Mar 8, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Then you have no point.
ahhh, you have difficulty understanding ..okay..

Faith brings freedom ....atheism, not so much ..capishe'..?

Las Vegas, NV

#7420 Mar 8, 2013
Thinking wrote:
www.godchecker.com
<quoted text>
So, "Thinking" you would prefer that I refer to "you" as dude ....I'm okay w/ that..
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#7421 Mar 8, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>ahhh, you have difficulty understanding ..okay..
Faith brings freedom ....atheism, not so much ..capishe'..?
I'm confident my understanding of anything and everything is better than yours. I've read your posts!:-)

You are arguing that atheists in power would be worse than religionists. Frankly I consider that too patently biased to be worth much response. I would simply reply by emphasising that one shouldn't be prejudiced against people regardless of their supersitious (i.e. religious) faith or lack of any.

Atheists aren't better than religionists but to imply that the reverse is true is plainly ridiculous. history is replete with examples of religionists being every bit as bad as any atheist. In any case, there is no reason to believe that anyone in our day and age is any better for being religious.

Religion is supersititious nonsense. It is divisive of humanity (e.g Zionism and Islamism). It is anti-science (ID/Creationism). It tends to undermine one law for all (religious courts). Religionists demonstrate prejudice against atheists (from boy scouts to US Presidents)
http://www.positiveatheism.org/writ/ghwbush.h...
http://www.gallup.com/poll/155285/atheists-mu...

The problem seems to be that some people confuse religion with morality.(They imbue religion with all sorts of positive attributes). The simple truth is that atheists aren't less moral than religionists and I tend to regard it as bigotry to think otherwise. It seems a particular problem in the USA. I don't think many people in the UK care less if people in power are religous or not as long as they are secular and don't discriminate regarding religion or lack of it. That is why people want Bishops out of the House of Lords, disestablishment of the English Church from the State and rid of other such outdated legacies.
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#7422 Mar 8, 2013
L'esprit de l'escalier.
number four wrote:
<quoted text>So, "Thinking" you would prefer that I refer to "you" as dude ....I'm okay w/ that..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Kasich's atheist criticisms seem out of touch 18 min ATHEOI 27
News Hitchens, Dawkins and Harris are old news - a t... 21 min ATHEOI 189
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 28 min ATHEOI 45,414
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 32 min Aura Mytha 20,198
What is of greater value for humanity: Chrisita... 6 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 417
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 6 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 9,499
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 6 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 278
More from around the web