Atheism and cowardice

Nov 18, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Conservapedia

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Comments
6,501 - 6,520 of 12,667 Comments Last updated Mar 22, 2014

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#6670 Jan 13, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...You are right ...slave owners and their supporters ,did quote the Bible.......but, anti-slavery and its cousin civil-rights ...were first expounded from the pulpits ....
Proven creationist liar with no proof of god, lying about god to everyone he talks to.

“Freedom, NOT islam.”

Since: Feb 11

Birmingham UK

#6672 Jan 13, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...well, "Jules in the U.K." ....many a Muslim on this forum ,have asserted ...Islam has brought them peace and purpose ...
as for the madness part , Well, denying the existence of God is ....."madness"...
and in the other vein , self-delusion , the acceptance of an invisible guardian ...also.."madness"..
LOL. Point taken. Actually, Im beginning to change my view on this particular issue. This morning, I watched a program on the BBC that asked the question 'should ALL religions accept evolution?'
There were plenty of muslims who were very opposed to this idea, suggesting that it was against the quran, but there were also some very 'intelligent' muslims who seem to have got the right balance.
They were still muslims, still practicing their faith and still happy with their faith. But they were able to express, very articulately that evolution is quite correct and deffinately did happen/has happened/is happening. Without feeling that the muslim faith was undermined and without feeling that their individual faith was in any way 'weakened', they accepted that all faiths, including islam, must question things more. Yes, we are all here on earth and somehow, creation began, and flourished. But this doesnt deny either the existence of a God, or the process of evolution.
I was very impressed, because the attitude was 'live and let live, be and let be.' Now, if all faiths - islam and Christianity included adopted that attitude....an attitude where science and religion could not simply co-exist, but could walk happily, hand in hand.....then what a wonderful world it would be.
Without any grudge, I am happy to respect any anlightened muslims and indeed, any enlightened member of any faith group. Its the hardline fundamentalists - those who would go to the extreme of calling anyone who disagree's a blasphemer - that I despise.

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#6673 Jan 13, 2013
Jules in the UK wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. Point taken. Actually, Im beginning to change my view on this particular issue. This morning, I watched a program on the BBC that asked the question 'should ALL religions accept evolution?'
There were plenty of muslims who were very opposed to this idea, suggesting that it was against the quran, but there were also some very 'intelligent' muslims who seem to have got the right balance.
They were still muslims, still practicing their faith and still happy with their faith. But they were able to express, very articulately that evolution is quite correct and deffinately did happen/has happened/is happening. Without feeling that the muslim faith was undermined and without feeling that their individual faith was in any way 'weakened', they accepted that all faiths, including islam, must question things more. Yes, we are all here on earth and somehow, creation began, and flourished. But this doesnt deny either the existence of a God, or the process of evolution.
I was very impressed, because the attitude was 'live and let live, be and let be.' Now, if all faiths - islam and Christianity included adopted that attitude....an attitude where science and religion could not simply co-exist, but could walk happily, hand in hand.....then what a wonderful world it would be.
Without any grudge, I am happy to respect any anlightened muslims and indeed, any enlightened member of any faith group. Its the hardline fundamentalists - those who would go to the extreme of calling anyone who disagree's a blasphemer - that I despise.
Didn't the pope accept evolution also?

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#6674 Jan 13, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>I mean that for you to follow biblical dictates, you will earn yourself a prison sentence. The bible has been trumped.
Do you have issues with people of the other sexes?
..You mean the same Bible that gives us the maxim "Do unto others ,as you would have them do unto you "...and, the Ten Commandments ...

The very harsh penalties meted out in the Bible ...were merely to expound the the deadliness of sin ...

You do the very same ...(allow me to elucidate)..when ,your children were on the verge of becoming sexually active ...Were you "honest" and told them " There is only a 11% chance of becoming pregnant during unprotected sex , and S.T.D.s aren't transmitted "every time" ..."

Or, Were you "Use a condom ,"every time".........."ever y time !!"..

I should not belittle homosexuals ....thank-you for chastising on that ...

Las Vegas, NV

#6675 Jan 13, 2013
Jules in the UK wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Point taken. Actually, Im beginning to change my view on this particular issue. This morning, I watched a program on the BBC that asked the question 'should ALL religions accept evolution?'
I found nothing wrong with this post ......(except)...We're in a culture war ..and, if you're a secularist ...I hope my side buys more politicians than your side ...

Las Vegas, NV

#6676 Jan 13, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Proven creationist liar with no proof of god, lying about god to everyone he talks to.
.."-Skeptic-"....... "just say no .....to the devil ."

Las Vegas, NV

#6677 Jan 13, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Yes ancient china did extremely well for itself and progressed far faster than the bible thumpers. They were a peaceful enlightened people who only went to war when invaded. Certainly these non religious non god believing people made marvels and advances that we still admire today. They had great philosophers who didn't need to get their message across by shouting about hellfire and some sky wizard.
Christian leaders fought desperately hard to keep slavery going in the US where the more secular people fought hard against it.
<quoted text>
....again, your take on Feudal China is uncorroborated ..........and, your take on recent American history ,also flawed .....until ,recently (past 70 yrs)...there were no secular minded people ,in this country ...

(do you just write ,whatever just pops into your pretty little head ..???)

And, you probably should know ....I like girls, cause I'm straight ....

Las Vegas, NV

#6678 Jan 13, 2013
<quoted text>If there were a god, that might be possible but truth is, it is the spell casters who use the god, and it is the tither who the god is used against.
Yes, government does consider a easily led populace to be a boon, and the religitard has been trained to never rock the boat, and they do happpily render unto Ceasar ...
..yet, It is the religitard ....who is happily rocking the boat ...

so much for that "control the masses" theory ...eh.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#6679 Jan 13, 2013
Prove my info on china is incorrect. There were no secular minded people in America until 70 years ago? Your IQ is sinking like a stone, again.

Again you call a man pretty? Thi is why I have to remind ladyboy lickers like you that I am a straight man. If you closet hiding, she-male sucking, Ted Haggard wannabes would stop drooling over my blacksnake for two minutes I wouldn't need to remind you spunk spittoons.
number four wrote:
<quoted text>....again, your take on Feudal China is uncorroborated ..........and, your take on recent American history ,also flawed .....until ,recently (past 70 yrs)...there were no secular minded people ,in this country ...
(do you just write ,whatever just pops into your pretty little head ..???)
And, you probably should know ....I like girls, cause I'm straight ....

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Earth,TX

#6680 Jan 13, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...and, this is because ...???...You are a hostile and intolerant beer drinking Texan ..???..."The South will rise again !"..........and, all that ..???
No.

In fact you are so far out of the ball park, you might as well just consider yourself to be shoveling Norwegian hog shit, because that is how far you are from guessing correctly.

Earth,TX

#6681 Jan 13, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..You mean the same Bible that gives us the maxim "Do unto others ,as you would have them do unto you "...and, the Ten Commandments ...
The very harsh penalties meted out in the Bible ...were merely to expound the the deadliness of sin ...
You do the very same ...(allow me to elucidate)..when ,your children were on the verge of becoming sexually active ...Were you "honest" and told them " There is only a 11% chance of becoming pregnant during unprotected sex , and S.T.D.s aren't transmitted "every time" ..."
Or, Were you "Use a condom ,"every time".........."ever y time !!"..
I should not belittle homosexuals ....thank-you for chastising on that ...
I mean the same bible that instructs you to take your neighbors out to be stoned to death.

"Do unto others", existed long before your god myth was cobbled together from bits and pieces of other religions.

I kept literally bowls of condoms at the doors as my children came to an age of possible sexually activity, and my message was. >>> I would rather you not get into a situation where your life goals could be thrown to the side, by an unplanned pregnancy, or even worse a disease, that could lose me my child.

I have invested my time and my life in making sure yours was as good as I could help make it be, and you are going to pocket these little packets, and use them if you get into the situation, because you will live to bury me. You will live to help raise my grandchildren, and you will live to teach your own children and grandchildren, to treasure that one more day you might get to just dance in the rain.

Have you been belittling homosexuals? I didn't catch that, when?

Earth,TX

#6682 Jan 13, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..yet, It is the religitard ....who is happily rocking the boat ...
so much for that "control the masses" theory ...eh.
The religitar is not rocking the boat. It is them trying to pull the government into it, with them.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#6683 Jan 14, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the apology, you can f*ck off back to the discovery institute now.
Changing posts to suit your needs.. whose the liar again? HA ha

“Freedom, NOT islam.”

Birmingham UK

#6684 Jan 14, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't the pope accept evolution also?
If he has, then I myself was not aware of it. The show I saw had a Christian woman claiming that the earth was less than 10,000 years old. Mad as a hatter!

“Freedom, NOT islam.”

Birmingham UK

#6685 Jan 14, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>I found nothing wrong with this post ......(except)...We're in a culture war ..and, if you're a secularist ...I hope my side buys more politicians than your side ...
LOL. Well, politicians are cheap enough these days. But we might get some real bargains on ebay.

Las Vegas, NV

#6686 Jan 14, 2013
<quoted text>The religitar is not rocking the boat. It is them trying to pull the government into it, with them.
...my apologies ...I guess we are sheep under their control ....

Location hidden

#6687 Jan 14, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>.."-Skeptic- "......."just say no .....to the devil ."
There's no such thing as the devil you ridiculous creationist lying sack of sh*t.

Atheism is a lack of belief in god, when will you get this through your thick skulls?

Location hidden

#6688 Jan 14, 2013
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...my apologies ...I guess we are sheep under their control ....
Nope you're just someone who gave up on being honest.

Las Vegas, NV

#6689 Jan 16, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope you're just someone who gave up on being honest.
....ahh...come on , "-Skeptic-" you're an Atheist ..."truth is relative."...

Las Vegas, NV

#6690 Jan 16, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no such thing as the devil you ridiculous creationist lying sack of sh*t.
Atheism is a lack of belief in god, when will you get this through your thick skulls?
...Well, according to "Reason Personified" ...atheism is unpatriotic .....religion is used by the federal government to insure a peaceful and compliant populace ..........I'm a model citizen ...and, you're jealous ..........Fatso..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Ultimate Evidence of God 47 min CunningLinguist 65
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Patrick 226,389
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 6 hr Jaimie 57
The myth of the angry atheist 7 hr _Bad Company 1
I left Creationism! Ask me anything! 8 hr Patrick 7
100% Faith Free 9 hr CunningLinguist 14
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 9 hr CunningLinguist 39
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••