Atheism and cowardice

Nov 18, 2011 Full story: Conservapedia 12,669

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Full Story

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#6291 Dec 5, 2012
number four wrote:
<quoted text>I like your pictures ...you seem to know, exactly what to use to offend godbots ...

but, We all know you do "not" find Kate hot , because you're not into girls ..closet boy ..
Ah, now the picture is getting clearer.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#6292 Dec 5, 2012
All of the above posters are lying Creationists with no proof of god.

They've failed to convince anyone here that the earth is 6000 years old and that fossils never existed.

Watch how they squirm and misdirect the conversation when faced with this harsh reality that contradicts their ridiculous beliefs.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#6293 Dec 5, 2012
This is what I make Ew's five screen names including screen name number four do for our entertainment.

Location hidden

#6294 Dec 5, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:

They've failed to convince anyone here that the earth is 6000 years old and that fossils never existed.

Watch how they squirm and misdirect the conversation when faced with this harsh reality that contradicts their ridiculous beliefs.
Dude your claims have no evidence.

Location hidden

#6295 Dec 5, 2012
Can you guess where Givethemliberty got his wife from:

http://youtu.be/V21LYbfedvc

Location hidden

#6296 Dec 5, 2012
Awe look, this was how Givethemliberty was made! Let me introduce you to his mom and dad.

http://youtu.be/hzaoNEG6P4U

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Earth,TX

#6297 Dec 5, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>You said
<quoted text> To which I said, You don't really own the land. Which was me implying that you only rent it from the government. The burial ground is irrelevent.
The burial ground was the only reason for the post.

Location hidden

#6298 Dec 5, 2012
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>The burial ground was the only reason for the post.
I see you already got your plot. Good for you!

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#6300 Dec 5, 2012
<quoted text>The burial ground was the only reason for the post.
It all come down to perspective, I guess.

Louisville, KY

#6301 Dec 5, 2012
It all comes down to perspective, I guess.

:knowing smile:
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>It all come down to perspective, I guess.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#6302 Dec 6, 2012
Christmas, the "Season of Peace and Goodwill to all men," isn't celebrated by Muslims.

Surprise surprise.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#6303 Dec 6, 2012
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Politicians need "no" tools ...We are despised ,because of our freedoms ...The Pentagon suffers from thousands of cyber attacks daily (mostly from China)...The state of the planet is such ,that we pray "Dear Lord protect us, from Your followers "
Plenty of tools and they get more (of them) everyday as the Human psyche is dissected ever finer. I'm surprised any of us can chew gum or tie our shoes without worrying about the political implications.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#6304 Dec 6, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
You're "projecting" ......ha ha
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

#6305 Dec 6, 2012
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude your claims have no evidence.
Can you explain how 700,000 different layers of ice happens in 7000 years?

Ice layering is a phenomenon that is almost universally observed in ice sheets and glaciers where the average temperature does not rise above freezing.

Annual differences in temperature and irradiation cause ice to form differently from year to year, and this generates alternating layers of light and dark ice. This method is considered a relatively accurate way to measure the age of an ice sheet, as only one layer will form per year. While there have been a few cases where several layers have formed per year, these incidents do not challenge the ability of ice layering to provide a minimum age, as these false layers can be discerned from the real thing upon close inspection.

Currently, the greatest number of layers found in a single ice sheet is over 700,000, which clearly contradicts the idea of an earth less than 10,000 years old. Even if one were to assume an absurdly high average of ten layers per year, the age demonstrated by this method would still be far greater than that suggested by young earth creationists.[17]

Nevertheless, the minimum age of the earth identified by these means is 160,000 years.(+/- 15,000 years.)
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

#6306 Dec 6, 2012
number four wrote:
<quoted text>You're "projecting" ......ha ha
Explain what force made this can happen in 10,000 years.

Based on the continuity of fossil deposits and other geological formations between the South American and African tectonic plates, there is much evidence that at some point in history the two continents were part of the same landmass. Because tectonic drift is an incredibly slow process, the separation of the two landmasses would have taken millions of years. With modern technology, this can be accurately quantified. Satellite data has shown that the two continents are moving at a rate of roughly 2 cm per year (roughly the speed of fingernail growth), which means that for these diverging continents to have been together at some point in history, as all the evidence shows, the drift must have been going on for at least 200 million years.[4]

Lexington, KY

#6307 Dec 6, 2012
Th trannie licking idiot will probably say Jesus has magic powers and can do that lol.
Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain what force made this can happen in 10,000 years.
Based on the continuity of fossil deposits and other geological formations between the South American and African tectonic plates, there is much evidence that at some point in history the two continents were part of the same landmass. Because tectonic drift is an incredibly slow process, the separation of the two landmasses would have taken millions of years. With modern technology, this can be accurately quantified. Satellite data has shown that the two continents are moving at a rate of roughly 2 cm per year (roughly the speed of fingernail growth), which means that for these diverging continents to have been together at some point in history, as all the evidence shows, the drift must have been going on for at least 200 million years.[4]

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Earth,TX

#6308 Dec 6, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>It all come down to perspective, I guess.
The question was whether I had an opinion as to whether some native burial grounds should be I guess, protected by law.
I don't, I consider that the land owners decision, but in my family we outright own two of the three cemetaries that are almost exclusively used by the member of our families.

Location hidden

#6309 Dec 6, 2012
Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>Can you explain how 700,000 different layers of ice happens in 7000 years?

Ice layering is a phenomenon that is almost universally observed in ice sheets and glaciers where the average temperature does not rise above freezing.

Annual differences in temperature and irradiation cause ice to form differently from year to year, and this generates alternating layers of light and dark ice. This method is considered a relatively accurate way to measure the age of an ice sheet, as only one layer will form per year. While there have been a few cases where several layers have formed per year, these incidents do not challenge the ability of ice layering to provide a minimum age, as these false layers can be discerned from the real thing upon close inspection.

Currently, the greatest number of layers found in a single ice sheet is over 700,000, which clearly contradicts the idea of an earth less than 10,000 years old. Even if one were to assume an absurdly high average of ten layers per year, the age demonstrated by this method would still be far greater than that suggested by young earth creationists.[17]

Nevertheless, the minimum age of the earth identified by these means is 160,000 years.(+/- 15,000 years.)
First of all I made no claims. I am religious but I don't preach or convert. Skeptic makes these things up and I am still waiting for him to prove his claims. Just like the pope said, evolution did occur.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#6310 Dec 6, 2012
<quoted text>The question was whether I had an opinion as to whether some native burial grounds should be I guess, protected by law.
I don't, I consider that the land owners decision, but in my family we outright own two of the three cemetaries that are almost exclusively used by the member of our families.
I would agree that the owner of the land should be able to what they want with it regardless of whose bodies are under the ground... Unless of course it is a crime scene and is needed for evidence.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#6311 Dec 7, 2012
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all I made no claims. I am religious but I don't preach or convert. Skeptic makes these things up and I am still waiting for him to prove his claims. Just like the pope said, evolution did occur.
Creationist liar who claims that atheists are child molestors.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 3 min polymath257 167
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 7 min Igor Trip 23,253
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min polymath257 233,068
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 52 min Morse 11
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr ChristineM 1,454
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 10 hr Even Steven 2,607
God' existence 13 hr polymath257 84
More from around the web