Atheism and cowardice

Nov 18, 2011 Full story: Conservapedia 12,669

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

#6043 Nov 14, 2012
Look I know in real life the wet brain causes you to stutter but you don't need to imitate that with all the unneeded punctuation.

Who says Christianity stopped adopting new ideas?

That's just wacky, even for you. Get back on the wagon so you can understand ok half wit?
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Again ..If Christianity ,...just adopts "new" ideas....WHY HAVE THEY STOPPED...???(adopting new ideas)...for 2000 years ..you, post "now it's about control" ...hasn't it ,, always been bout' control ...???...I'm trying not to call you stupid ....(okay...I'm only human ..good heavens)..You are stupid ..congratulations on your victory ..

Chicago, IL

#6044 Nov 14, 2012
Hey Yahweh didn't marry Mary so doesn't that make Jesus a bastard?

:)
ARGUING with IDIOTS

United States

#6045 Nov 14, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Now don't forget Horus who was announced by an angel? Born of a virgin, walked on water, baptized to God in the river and later the holy man who baptized him was beheaded, 12 followers, healed the sick, blind, lame, deaf, raised a man named Lazarus from the dead, and oh I could go on it's just the Jesus story from thousands of years earlier he died and three days later rose from the dead.

This is a common occurrence in gods of that region Jesus was nothing special just an also ran.
You have no clue. There is no evidence of your claims prior to 600AD when they started adding these claims. That is 600yrs after the fact!

Care to try again?

Chicago, IL

#6046 Nov 14, 2012
I don't know where you found that so I will assume you just made it up. We have beautiful scrolls with the Horus account 2500 BC.

:)
ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no clue. There is no evidence of your claims prior to 600AD when they started adding these claims. That is 600yrs after the fact!
Care to try again?

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#6048 Nov 15, 2012
It's hilarious that Givethemliberty argues so much about faith yet his wife is Catholic. They must have an interesting conversation every night. She'll leave him once she gets her degree. Lol!

Lexington, KY

#6049 Nov 15, 2012
Hey EW are you married by chance?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#6050 Nov 15, 2012
<quoted text>
Find one that pre-dates Christianity of a dying and rising Deity.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D ying_god

Not all of those pre-date christianity, obviously, but check out some of the egyptian and sumerian deities. There are more that list.

Location hidden

#6051 Nov 15, 2012
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..you post nice ...INTERCOURSE...I should not have to explain .....to you ..
..Christianity ..does not change ..
..This faith teaches ..to love "all" men and ..WE ARE ALL EQUAL ...what other of the ..many..many..many..other religions ..claim this ..???
..ahh..Buddhism ..not "even" a religion ..as there is no God and no personal responsibility (ie..hell)
Well, I wouldn't exactly say christianity teaches that. That has become your "go to" message, but it is just one of many contradictory commands found in the bible. I would call it a teaching of jesus, not a teaching of christianity. At the time, it may well have been a radical teaching in his area, but still, many religions teach love. Buddhism, as you mentioned, is not really a religion in the traditional sense, but it is still a religion. A place of judgement (hell) is not a requirement for a religion (also, I find it troubling that to you personal responsibility is predicated upon avoiding eternal punishment - aren't there better reasons to be kind to your fellow man, like love, for instance).
ARGUING with IDIOTS

United States

#6052 Nov 15, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dying_god

Not all of those pre-date christianity, obviously, but check out some of the egyptian and sumerian deities. There are more that list.
There is no evidence prior to Christianity of a dying and resurrected Deity. This claim was inserted into these myths long after Christianity.

Next?

“M.A....Rise”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#6053 Nov 15, 2012
Atheism is the cowardice itself

Some braindead people

Lexington, KY

#6054 Nov 15, 2012
Horus 2500 years before Jesus. Do you understand english?
<quoted text>
There is no evidence prior to Christianity of a dying and resurrected Deity. This claim was inserted into these myths long after Christianity.
Next?
ARGUING with IDIOTS

United States

#6055 Nov 15, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Horus 2500 years before Jesus. Do you understand english?
You obviously have no clue about Horus. Post a source for the resurrection of Horus that predates Christianity. You can't! These stories originated in Germany in the 1800's. Do your research!

Location hidden

#6056 Nov 15, 2012
<quoted text>
Next?
What? Prove it. You can't just snipe and run.

Location hidden

#6057 Nov 15, 2012
Egyptian_lad wrote:
Atheism is the cowardice itself
Some braindead people
Yeah, I bet believing your gonna go to paradise when you die has nothing to do with your fear of death.
ARGUING with IDIOTS

United States

#6058 Nov 15, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>What? Prove it. You can't just snipe and run.
Remember how this works, snack shack?

The one making the claim...

Next?

Lexington, KY

#6059 Nov 15, 2012
Go google up Egyptian book of the dead and look at the dates.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Weighing_of...

This copy is from ca 1285 bCE just a smidge before Jesus.

Show a shred of proof that this well established fact was created in germany in the 1800s.

LMFAO go get your GED reject and read your Bible code nonsense.
<quoted text>
You obviously have no clue about Horus. Post a source for the resurrection of Horus that predates Christianity. You can't! These stories originated in Germany in the 1800's. Do your research!

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#6060 Nov 15, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Hey EW are you married by chance?
I'm wealthy and single. Why? Do you want me to marry your wife's sister through mail like you did? Lol!

Location hidden

#6061 Nov 15, 2012
<quoted text>
Remember how this works, snack shack?
The one making the claim...
Next?
I provided a list of deities whose mythology claims they rose from the dead. I pointed out two particular mythologies whose very cultures precede christianity by thousands of years (sumerian and egyptian). I have made my claim, and supported it. Stop being stupid. It is a fact that those particular mythologies have Resurrection stories. Unless you can prove that the mythologies were modified at some point after christianity (which wouldn't make sense, as both of them died out a long time ago), the your claim is bunk.

“M.A....Rise”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#6063 Nov 15, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Go google up Egyptian book of the dead and look at the dates.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Weighing_of...
This copy is from ca 1285 bCE just a smidge before Jesus.
Show a shred of proof that this well established fact was created in germany in the 1800s.
LMFAO go get your GED reject and read your Bible code nonsense.
<quoted text>
There is a big lies in the book of dead, archaeologists put lot of lies and cheating over ancient history

The biggest lie ever was the mummification

There were no mummification in ancient egypt nor ancient egyptians recorded anything about mummification

Then whats these mummies in egypt??

Mummies were made by nature, No science behind it, Even some mummies were dead diseased by malaria and other illness.

The early archaeologists did run one of the biggest game over ancient egypt history, They replace the bones of kings and queens from coffins and put the mummies of anonymous guys instead to create fake legend

Mummies have been found world wide too, not only egypt

I run a research since years, when i be free. i will write my topic about the lie of mummification in ancient egypt with facts

They even hide large coffins of egyptian guys over 2 meter

cuz no mummies in egypt for guys about 2.3 meter, so they deliberately hid the large coffins
ARGUING with IDIOTS

Concord, CA

#6064 Nov 15, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I provided a list of deities whose mythology claims they rose from the dead. I pointed out two particular mythologies whose very cultures precede christianity by thousands of years (sumerian and egyptian). I have made my claim, and supported it. Stop being stupid. It is a fact that those particular mythologies have Resurrection stories. Unless you can prove that the mythologies were modified at some point after christianity (which wouldn't make sense, as both of them died out a long time ago), the your claim is bunk.
Your the one making the claim and fail to provide a source to support it. You cling to false claims made in the 1800's. You will find NO evidence of a dying and resurrected Deity prior to Christianity. The claim of such was added to these myths long after the fact.

You have been made the fool and not taken the time to verify your information.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 16 min KiMare 232,913
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr woodtick57 2,288
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 4 hr Mikko 2
Yes, atheists can be fundamentalists 4 hr Mikko 2
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 6 hr Thinking 3
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 12 hr _Bad Company 143
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) Sat polymath257 23,199
More from around the web