Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12663 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Since: Mar 11

Portage, MI

#6032 Nov 14, 2012
Your initial temper tantrum ignored due it being a reflex of your wet brain syndrome.

2: Especially in the accounts of the Greek gods we see star movement being key to the coming of a god/son of god. Why in Mithraism, centuries before Christianity we see wise men being guided by a star to hail and bring gifts to Mithras. In fact this was so important in Mithraism that during their winter solstice celebration on December 25th the Mithras worshippers would decorate a tree and even place a star on top in honor of the birth of Mithras! They would exchange gifts and sing joyous songs in praise to him. Also Mithraism was the religion that started having worship services on Sunday rather than the Jewish favorite Saturday.

Cough good thing the Christians never stole that eh? Cough.

So when will you be setting up your Mithras tree, err sorry Christmas tree?:)
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...You "don't" have facts ...and, your subterfuge "proves" ..I intimidate you...or...you have no integrity ...(I lean towards, you have zero integrity )..(have you been accused of this ....before..??..that's a good sign.)..
2)The ancients believed a King was foretold in the heavens ..Sumerian, Egyptian ,Oriental ,...(others)..I guess they "may" have been on to something ....
2a)..Bible claims ...Wise Men ..witnessed this ..and made the journey ..from the East .amen
ARGUING with IDIOTS

La Mesa, CA

#6033 Nov 14, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Your initial temper tantrum ignored due it being a reflex of your wet brain syndrome.

2: Especially in the accounts of the Greek gods we see star movement being key to the coming of a god/son of god. Why in Mithraism, centuries before Christianity we see wise men being guided by a star to hail and bring gifts to Mithras. In fact this was so important in Mithraism that during their winter solstice celebration on December 25th the Mithras worshippers would decorate a tree and even place a star on top in honor of the birth of Mithras! They would exchange gifts and sing joyous songs in praise to him. Also Mithraism was the religion that started having worship services on Sunday rather than the Jewish favorite Saturday.

Cough good thing the Christians never stole that eh? Cough.

So when will you be setting up your Mithras tree, err sorry Christmas tree?:)
You are misinformed about Mithras.

Since: Mar 11

Portage, MI

#6034 Nov 14, 2012
Oh and IQ numbers 4, did you ever put together that soldiers follow orders from their commanders?:)

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#6035 Nov 14, 2012
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...Mr."timn17 " and "Givemeliberty"...wh o is my better in every field ..( I have to tell him that..it's his self-esteem)
Let us grant ,once and for all, that God's intercourse with his creatures is not confined to the Old and New Covenants ,and that Christianity includes many doctrines accessible to the unaided human reason ..such as..baptism..Sin..Priesthood.. sacrifice ..
But, Christianity is unique in it gravity ,directness ,consistency ..
and,Christianity is different in where Christ commands that we should love "all" men (including "Mikko")..and, that all men share equality ...(No chosen races in this gig ..!!)
I guarantee you could find all of those features in other religions. Maybe not all together, but on their own none of those features are unique. Also - god has intercourse with his creatures? WTF?
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#6036 Nov 14, 2012
ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
You are misinformed about Mithras.
..WHO ISN'T...Did he have the golden touch ..or the minotaur...???
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#6037 Nov 14, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Oh and IQ numbers 4, did you ever put together that soldiers follow orders from their commanders?:)
..legal orders ..!!!
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#6038 Nov 14, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Your initial temper tantrum ignored due it being a reflex of your wet brain syndrome.
2: Especially in the accounts of the Greek gods we see star movement being key to the coming of a god/son of god. Why in Mithraism, centuries before Christianity we see wise men being guided by a star to hail and bring gifts to Mithras. In fact this was so important in Mithraism that during their winter solstice celebration on December 25th the Mithras worshippers would decorate a tree and even place a star on top in honor of the birth of Mithras! They would exchange gifts and sing joyous songs in praise to him. Also Mithraism was the religion that started having worship services on Sunday rather than the Jewish favorite Saturday.
Cough good thing the Christians never stole that eh? Cough.
So when will you be setting up your Mithras tree, err sorry Christmas tree?:)
<quoted text>
..Again ..If Christianity ,...just adopts "new" ideas....WHY HAVE THEY STOPPED...???(adopting new ideas)...for 2000 years ..you, post "now it's about control" ...hasn't it ,, always been bout' control ...???...I'm trying not to call you stupid ....(okay...I'm only human ..good heavens)..You are stupid ..congratulations on your victory ..
ARGUING with IDIOTS

Chico, CA

#6039 Nov 14, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I guarantee you could find all of those features in other religions. Maybe not all together, but on their own none of those features are unique. Also - god has intercourse with his creatures? WTF?
Find one that pre-dates Christianity of a dying and rising Deity.
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#6040 Nov 14, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I guarantee you could find all of those features in other religions. Maybe not all together, but on their own none of those features are unique. Also - god has intercourse with his creatures? WTF?
..you post nice ...INTERCOURSE...I should not have to explain .....to you ..

..Christianity ..does not change ..
..This faith teaches ..to love "all" men and ..WE ARE ALL EQUAL ...what other of the ..many..many..many..other religions ..claim this ..???

..ahh..Buddhism ..not "even" a religion ..as there is no God and no personal responsibility (ie..hell)
number four

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#6041 Nov 14, 2012
ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Find one that pre-dates Christianity of a dying and rising Deity.
.phoenix...(I like you )..but, "timn17" is one f**king smart atheist ...!

Since: Mar 11

Portage, MI

#6042 Nov 14, 2012
Now don't forget Horus who was announced by an angel? Born of a virgin, walked on water, baptized to God in the river and later the holy man who baptized him was beheaded, 12 followers, healed the sick, blind, lame, deaf, raised a man named Lazarus from the dead, and oh I could go on it's just the Jesus story from thousands of years earlier he died and three days later rose from the dead.

This is a common occurrence in gods of that region Jesus was nothing special just an also ran.
number four wrote:
<quoted text>.phoenix...(I like you )..but, "timn17" is one f**king smart atheist ...!

Since: Mar 11

Portage, MI

#6043 Nov 14, 2012
Look I know in real life the wet brain causes you to stutter but you don't need to imitate that with all the unneeded punctuation.

Who says Christianity stopped adopting new ideas?

That's just wacky, even for you. Get back on the wagon so you can understand ok half wit?
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Again ..If Christianity ,...just adopts "new" ideas....WHY HAVE THEY STOPPED...???(adopting new ideas)...for 2000 years ..you, post "now it's about control" ...hasn't it ,, always been bout' control ...???...I'm trying not to call you stupid ....(okay...I'm only human ..good heavens)..You are stupid ..congratulations on your victory ..

Since: Mar 11

Portage, MI

#6044 Nov 14, 2012
Hey Yahweh didn't marry Mary so doesn't that make Jesus a bastard?

:)
ARGUING with IDIOTS

La Mesa, CA

#6045 Nov 14, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Now don't forget Horus who was announced by an angel? Born of a virgin, walked on water, baptized to God in the river and later the holy man who baptized him was beheaded, 12 followers, healed the sick, blind, lame, deaf, raised a man named Lazarus from the dead, and oh I could go on it's just the Jesus story from thousands of years earlier he died and three days later rose from the dead.

This is a common occurrence in gods of that region Jesus was nothing special just an also ran.
You have no clue. There is no evidence of your claims prior to 600AD when they started adding these claims. That is 600yrs after the fact!

Care to try again?

Since: Mar 11

Portage, MI

#6046 Nov 14, 2012
I don't know where you found that so I will assume you just made it up. We have beautiful scrolls with the Horus account 2500 BC.

:)
ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no clue. There is no evidence of your claims prior to 600AD when they started adding these claims. That is 600yrs after the fact!
Care to try again?

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#6048 Nov 15, 2012
It's hilarious that Givethemliberty argues so much about faith yet his wife is Catholic. They must have an interesting conversation every night. She'll leave him once she gets her degree. Lol!

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#6049 Nov 15, 2012
Hey EW are you married by chance?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#6050 Nov 15, 2012
ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Find one that pre-dates Christianity of a dying and rising Deity.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D ying_god

Not all of those pre-date christianity, obviously, but check out some of the egyptian and sumerian deities. There are more that list.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#6051 Nov 15, 2012
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..you post nice ...INTERCOURSE...I should not have to explain .....to you ..
..Christianity ..does not change ..
..This faith teaches ..to love "all" men and ..WE ARE ALL EQUAL ...what other of the ..many..many..many..other religions ..claim this ..???
..ahh..Buddhism ..not "even" a religion ..as there is no God and no personal responsibility (ie..hell)
Well, I wouldn't exactly say christianity teaches that. That has become your "go to" message, but it is just one of many contradictory commands found in the bible. I would call it a teaching of jesus, not a teaching of christianity. At the time, it may well have been a radical teaching in his area, but still, many religions teach love. Buddhism, as you mentioned, is not really a religion in the traditional sense, but it is still a religion. A place of judgement (hell) is not a requirement for a religion (also, I find it troubling that to you personal responsibility is predicated upon avoiding eternal punishment - aren't there better reasons to be kind to your fellow man, like love, for instance).
ARGUING with IDIOTS

La Mesa, CA

#6052 Nov 15, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dying_god

Not all of those pre-date christianity, obviously, but check out some of the egyptian and sumerian deities. There are more that list.
There is no evidence prior to Christianity of a dying and resurrected Deity. This claim was inserted into these myths long after Christianity.

Next?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 min Science 67,280
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 7 min feed the morons 28,667
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 17 min Dogen 3,537
is it ever right to hate Christians as a group? Tue superwilly 21
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) Tue superwilly 462
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Apr 22 IB DaMann 5,975
News Unholy? Atheists should embrace the science of ... Apr 20 Eagle 12 9
More from around the web