Atheism and cowardice

Nov 18, 2011 Full story: Conservapedia 12,669

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#5796 Oct 16, 2012
1: Yet the apostle cut off a roman soldier's ear. Sigh your bible ignorance never ceases to amaze.
2: They learned from their Christian predecessors to force conversion through violence a Christian practice since Constantine. Are you upset the unwashed Muslims stole the Christian conversion technique?
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...No...To make in no uncertain terms ...the difficultly one can expect from following his Gospel ...I doubt the Apostles of Christ even knew how to hold a sword ...
2)The Apostles of Mohammed (pbuh) went through dozens of swords spreading their peaceful religion ..

Louisville, KY

#5797 Oct 16, 2012
Every story? Listen you mouth breathing racist reject you don't even comprehend your own holy book as you show daily by your ignorance so don't bother trying to understand the source material from which your religion was stolen from. Your ignorance on those are about on par with your ignorance on the bible.

You should know better to attempt to argue with me who is your better in every practical way. Tell you what, is your daughter cute? If so she can suck my d!ck while you watch no charge as long as she gargles before she swallows. Deal?

number four wrote:
<quoted text>Nein Nein Nein ...pagan stories describe "bravery" sure (but)combat bravery ...and, every story contains virile young men and voluptuous beauties ...and, the pursuit of power and wealth ....yeah, these myths are not very christian at all...
2)may I add ...YOU ARE NOT VERY LADY LIKE...!!!...

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#5798 Oct 17, 2012
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..well, I can not argue with facts ...
So why are you trying to convince us your hallucinated god is real.

Evolution is a fact. Creationist is a mental illness.

Louisville, KY

#5799 Oct 17, 2012
These turds have probably spent time in the looney bin. Buck admitted he did for a few months Rollin on the ground screaming at hallucinations and soiling himself.
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#5800 Oct 17, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe, I just don't like you guys..??..or..maybe If I go outside and play, I'll just get beat up again ....who can say..??

Las Vegas, NV

#5801 Oct 17, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
You should know better to attempt to argue with me who is your better in every practical way. Tell you what, is your daughter cute? If so she can suck my d!ck while you watch no charge as long as she gargles before she swallows. Deal?
<quoted text>
wow...This is your high I.Q....You are so distraught I discovered your gender...you would rather us see you as a child predator...???..You're one crazy bitch..!!

Florence, KY

#5802 Oct 17, 2012
She can step away from her job at the liquor store to slurp my Johnson and lick my balls and you can watch no charge for either of you providing she is cute and will gargle my man slop before she swallows. Is that fair enough?
number four wrote:
<quoted text>wow...This is your high I.Q....You are so distraught I discovered your gender...you would rather us see you as a child predator...???..You're one crazy bitch..!!

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#5803 Oct 17, 2012
number four wrote:
<quoted text>wow...This is your high I.Q....You are so distraught I discovered your gender...you would rather us see you as a child predator...???..You're one crazy bitch..!!
You just noticed? Lol! It's fascinated with penis size. Lol!

United States

#5804 Oct 17, 2012
I humbly accept your defeat.

Pwned

Location hidden

#5805 Oct 17, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:

Pwned
Another victory party. Maybe your wife will give you some this time and not your brother. That woman defeats you all the time. Green card victory, your fed ex wife!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#5806 Oct 18, 2012
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Another victory party. Maybe your wife will give you some this time and not your brother. That woman defeats you all the time. Green card victory, your fed ex wife!
Failed Creationist douchebag with nothing to his name.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#5807 Oct 18, 2012
number four wrote:
<quoted text>.....Oh for pete's sake....!!!...and, you almost had me believing you were intelligent ....allow me to elucidate...I'm entitled to pick whoever I feel will "best" represent me and my community ..
..I would rather have a christian over someone who denies the existence of God.....but..I would vote for an Atheist over an openly gay christian or a practicing Wiccan ..and, I'd probably choose the heathen over a scientologist .
2) As for what you were unable to comprehend ....Would you elect a racist with stellar qualifications ....or his less qualified opponent...???
2a) The point being ..qualifications are to be strived for...but, if the candidate does not represent my morals ...he is not getting my vote...
You directly compared racism with atheism in asking me if I would vote for a well qualified racist. To answer your question, no, but that is not relevant to the discussion. Racism, or the lack thereof, is not a moral value, it is an objectively wrong stance that warrants no serious discussion.

Christianity is a moral value, or rather, it encompasses a generally agreed upon set of moral values - most of which are typical of the general population anyway. The difference between a racist and a non racist is astronomical, the difference between an atheist and a christian, at least with respect to typical moral values, is negligible, and therefore a politician's religion shouldn't have any bearing on your decisions at the ballot box. An atheist politician will agree with any christian that murder, lying, and cheating are wrong. Being a christian does not elevate you to a higher moral plane, it is a useless distinction in a world where everyone agrees that honesty and what not are good values to uphold.

It's really just another form of bigotry - you wouldn't vote for someone for something as petty as which sky daddy he chooses to feign love for, regardless of qualifications and his stated values.

So, to transform your racist/atheist question into a more reasonable one - who would you rather vote for, an atheist who adheres to typical christian values (honesty, love, etc), or a christian in name only (a christian who simply proclaims he is one without really proving moral fortitude

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#5808 Oct 18, 2012
number four wrote:
..."Karl44"...and the lovely "timn17"....
...To put it crudely, we should wager that God exists ,because it is the **best bet**......Blaise Pascal..
Oh good lord. Do you think this is something we haven't heard before?

Pascal's wager is flat out stupid. First, it assumes that out of all possible gods, the one you have chosen is the right one. Second, it assumes that if there were a god, that simple fealty (and not even real devotion - but rather a transparent way to "trick" your way into his good graces) is the only thing this god desires.

It doesn't make any sense. Better to sit it out because of the lack of any real evidence for a deity, and assume that if a god did exist, he/she/it might not be so petty as to punish you to eternal torture for not bowing to him/her/it. Wouldn't an all powerful creator be less childish?

Location hidden

#5809 Oct 18, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>Failed Creationist douchebag with nothing to his name.
Somebody is off his meds again. Skippy always says the same thing over and over.
Namu Myoho Renge Kyo

Los Angeles, CA

#5810 Oct 18, 2012
The article is stupid. What was the point of it? Conservative Christians seem to have this "thing" about what the see as a lack of criticism of Islam. I think conservative Christians just like to whine. And debating the creation myth vs evolution is like debating if Santa delivers presents to children vs whether their parents buy them. It wouldn't be cowardice not to debate against Santa, it's just that it's a non issue.

Las Vegas, NV

#5811 Oct 18, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You directly compared racism with atheism in asking me if I would vote for a well qualified racist. To answer your question, no, but that is not relevant to the discussion. Racism, or the lack thereof, is not a moral value, it is an objectively wrong stance that warrants no serious discussion.
Christianity is a moral value, or rather, it encompasses a generally agreed upon set of moral values - most of which are typical of the general population anyway. The difference between a racist and a non racist is astronomical, the difference between an atheist and a christian, at least with respect to typical moral values, is negligible, and therefore a politician's religion shouldn't have any bearing on your decisions at the ballot box. An atheist politician will agree with any christian that murder, lying, and cheating are wrong. Being a christian does not elevate you to a higher moral plane, it is a useless distinction in a world where everyone agrees that honesty and what not are good values to uphold.
It's really just another form of bigotry - you wouldn't vote for someone for something as petty as which sky daddy he chooses to feign love for, regardless of qualifications and his stated values.
So, to transform your racist/atheist question into a more reasonable one - who would you rather vote for, an atheist who adheres to typical christian values (honesty, love, etc), or a christian in name only (a christian who simply proclaims he is one without really proving moral fortitude
1) You have redeemed yourself ,way to use your peanut..!!!..With respect to moral values ..there really is no difference betwixt a Theist and Atheist ..
2) I would vote for the Atheist .. the hypocritical Christian would be a calamity ..
3)but, I generally wish to elect someone with "my" values ..Atheist see nothing wrong with abortion ..many even believe the world is much too crowded..
3a)Atheist see no harm in homosexual unions ..

Las Vegas, NV

#5812 Oct 18, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh good lord. Do you think this is something we haven't heard before?
Pascal's wager is flat out stupid. First, it assumes that out of all possible gods, the one you have chosen is the right one. Second, it assumes that if there were a god, that simple fealty (and not even real devotion - but rather a transparent way to "trick" your way into his good graces) is the only thing this god desires.
It doesn't make any sense. Better to sit it out because of the lack of any real evidence for a deity, and assume that if a god did exist, he/she/it might not be so petty as to punish you to eternal torture for not bowing to him/her/it. Wouldn't an all powerful creator be less childish?
Pascals wager is "stupid" ..(no one can believe at will ) the wager does not hold for "strict" atheists (even he admits this)..It requires that the atheist suspend rationality ...
2)It was you poop-head that posted Pascal was mocking faith...he was not ..Pascal believed in God..
3)You have free will ...what you wish to do with that...is solely up to you ..The Pain of Hell..is the loss of God,for all eternity , for whom we were created ...I suspect the damned are kicking themselves in the rear..

Las Vegas, NV

#5813 Oct 18, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Pwned
I have no problem letting a girl win...of course sweet cheeks ,whatever you want...you win again ..

Florence, KY

#5814 Oct 18, 2012
Best become a Hindu in that case.
It predates Christianity and if they are right you will suffer.
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Pascals wager is "stupid" ..(no one can believe at will ) the wager does not hold for "strict" atheists (even he admits this)..It requires that the atheist suspend rationality ...
2)It was you poop-head that posted Pascal was mocking faith...he was not ..Pascal believed in God..
3)You have free will ...what you wish to do with that...is solely up to you ..The Pain of Hell..is the loss of God,for all eternity , for whom we were created ...I suspect the damned are kicking themselves in the rear..

Florence, KY

#5815 Oct 18, 2012
You sure do come onto men a lot for someone who is supposed to be against homosexual unions. I already said if your daughter is cute enough she can suck my trouser snake for free providing she gargles before she swallows and you can feel free to watch her wrap her lips around my shaft and lick my balls. Sorry you won't be able to even though you want to but you can watch your daughter gulp my man yogurt, deal?
number four wrote:
<quoted text>I have no problem letting a girl win...of course sweet cheeks ,whatever you want...you win again ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 11 min Eagle 12 2,271
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Joe fortuna 232,895
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 5 hr Yiago 148
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 11 hr _Bad Company 141
Islam is the Enemy (Sep '12) 11 hr thetruth 34
God' existence 11 hr thetruth 67
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) Fri _Bad Company 23,198
More from around the web