Atheism and cowardice

Atheism and cowardice

There are 12663 comments on the Conservapedia story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Atheism and cowardice. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#5722 Oct 12, 2012
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Diametrically opposed? After your Savior's "render unto Caesar" advice? I don't think so. They're old friends ... "opiate of the proletariat" ... that sort of thing.
....Well...I didn't know ...You actually thought this through .....okay.....this is thread , where I would surely lose...

Since: Mar 11

Dallas, TX

#5723 Oct 13, 2012
Constantine is the main reason Christianity is as big as it is today. He was very instrumental in not only forcing the multitudes by the sword to become Christian he also organized the council that rewrote, edited and cobbled together what you call the holy bible. Honoring a blood thirsty warlord who created the first Christian theocracy while he himself scoffed at becoming a Christian might touch a few nerves.

Still he is more relevant to the Christian faith as we have it today than anyone else. Sorry you don't like the facts and I know in church you are taught that Christianity spread via word of mouth and gosh it was so neato that everyone peacefully converted. Lol!
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...you don't get it ...!..You claim we don't honor Constantine ...because of the blood he spilt ...."yet"
We honor St. Joan of Arc.
We constantly ,recall, Sodom and Gommorrah ...or the drowning of Pharaoh's armies ...
yet..Constantine "crossed" the line....???

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#5724 Oct 13, 2012
number four wrote:
<quoted text>....Pascal ...was "not" lampooning...he was suggesting in the face of uncertainty ...it is better to adopt the less risky decision ...We're all going to die...what becomes of us ...time will tell..
oh for godsake he was a mathematician, his training would not allow such an error, he was lampooning, get an education.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#5725 Oct 13, 2012
number four wrote:
<quoted text>....Well...I didn't know ...You actually thought this through .....okay.....this is thread , where I would surely lose...
You've already lost by definition - you're a creationist.

Las Vegas, NV

#5726 Oct 13, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You've already lost by definition - you're a creationist.
...Is this how you start your day....by crushing my spirit..??

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#5727 Oct 13, 2012
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...Is this how you start your day....by crushing my spirit..??
Cup 'o hot Joe ... crush a few spirits ... THAT is the way to start a day!!!

Las Vegas, NV

#5728 Oct 13, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Constantine is the main reason Christianity is as big as it is today. He was very instrumental in not only forcing the multitudes by the sword to become Christian he also organized the council that rewrote, edited and cobbled together what you call the holy bible. Honoring a blood thirsty warlord who created the first Christian theocracy while he himself scoffed at becoming a Christian might touch a few nerves.
Still he is more relevant to the Christian faith as we have it today than anyone else. Sorry you don't like the facts and I know in church you are taught that Christianity spread via word of mouth and gosh it was so neato that everyone peacefully converted. Lol!
<quoted text>
...See the difference betwixt you and I ...I actually read the history..
1) I say again ...Where are the St.Constantine churches...or medals and charms ...Where are his name sakes ..???
2)silly billy...No one denies that Christians have (at times)tried to forcibly convert others ...these are usually abject failures ..i.e..the crusades ,Taiping rebellion..
3)You are ignorant ..if you are suggesting ..(at the time of Constantine)..Christian armies could ever defeat the Pagan military machines ...

Las Vegas, NV

#5729 Oct 13, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
oh for godsake he was a mathematician, his training would not allow such an error, he was lampooning, get an education.
...If, as you claim Pascal was lampooning faith ...he had balls the size of small children ...To insult religion at the very least was jail time ..

Location hidden

#5730 Oct 13, 2012
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...If, as you claim Pascal was lampooning faith ...he had balls the size of small children ...To insult religion at the very least was jail time ..
only the jester is allowed to critique the king, thus is his delivery. To suggest he was serious, is to disrespect his intellect and education; more, read the thing in context (put away your bias).

Location hidden

#5731 Oct 13, 2012
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...If, as you claim Pascal was lampooning faith ...he had balls the size of small children ...To insult religion at the very least was jail time ..
the man was an intellectual giant. read a bit. grow up.

Las Vegas, NV

#5732 Oct 13, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
the man was an intellectual giant. read a bit. grow up.
...okay..I will look in to it ...and, if I still disagree with your assertion ..I'm going to take your little battle axe ...and, bust it over my knee..

Las Vegas, NV

#5733 Oct 13, 2012
..."Karl44"...and the lovely "timn17"....

...To put it crudely, we should wager that God exists ,because it is the **best bet**......Blaise Pascal..

Las Vegas, NV

#5734 Oct 13, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Use English next time ok? What did you think of Jesus showing up as a dog's @zz? Is it a miracle??
<quoted text>
....I don't believe in any miracle...unless I can "touch" it with my own hands..!!!...

Location hidden

#5735 Oct 13, 2012
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...okay..I will look in to it ...and, if I still disagree with your assertion ..I'm going to take your little battle axe ...and, bust it over my knee..
you cannot have mine
you must earn your own

when you mature, you will have your opportunity

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#5736 Oct 13, 2012
number four wrote:
<quoted text>....I don't believe in any miracle...unless I can "touch" it with my own hands..!!!...
How's that delusion working for you, fool?

Since: Mar 11

Dallas, TX

#5737 Oct 13, 2012
Now I know how a special Ed teacher must feel. This makes me wonder if I was this stupid when I was a Christian? I certainly hope not but I progressed past this one way or the other.

1: You mentioned a church named in his honor. And yet again he himself never converted just forced it on the masses to consolidate power. Most Christian churches aren't going to take the time and effort to make such things to a non Christian Right? Regardless this is a non sequitur.
2: Starting with Constantine and his was quite successful you are a product of that success.
3: There were no Christian armies there really wasn't that many Christians. I know you lack the IQ to understand but once again let's give it a try. Constantine to consolidate power decides to make a religion that combines elements of the Greek gods along with the Jewish faith the official state religion. All soldiers wake up to find they are now Christian like it or not. Also they are charged to announce this throughout the kingdom and destroy/convert temples to Hercules, Perseus, Zeus, Hera and others to Christian house of worship. People either went along with it or faced imprisonment if lucky and the sword if not so lucky. They did make attempts to sugar coat the transition for the worshippers of the Greek gods combining outright greek gods rituals and goodies into the Christian faith. But for a common man to keep any of the holy writings about the Greek gods was punishable by death. We are lucky to have what little we do now as the majority was destroyed or renamed to Christian entities.

For example the earliest artwork of Jesus shows him as a young beard free man. That wasn't the image that took well to the worshippers of he Greek gods so they literally took the well known look of Apollo and said Oh hey this is Apollo Christ errr Jesus Christ! Lmfao!
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...See the difference betwixt you and I ...I actually read the history..
1) I say again ...Where are the St.Constantine churches...or medals and charms ...Where are his name sakes ..???
2)silly billy...No one denies that Christians have (at times)tried to forcibly convert others ...these are usually abject failures ..i.e..the crusades ,Taiping rebellion..
3)You are ignorant ..if you are suggesting ..(at the time of Constantine)..Christian armies could ever defeat the Pagan military machines ...

Las Vegas, NV

#5738 Oct 13, 2012
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
How's that delusion working for you, fool?
...honestly....not so good...high I.Q. man..

Las Vegas, NV

#5739 Oct 13, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Now I know how a special Ed teacher must feel. This makes me wonder if I was this stupid when I was a Christian? I certainly hope not but I progressed past this one way or the other.
1: You mentioned a church named in his honor. And yet again he himself never converted just forced it on the masses to consolidate power. Most Christian churches aren't going to take the time and effort to make such things to a non Christian Right? Regardless this is a non sequitur.
2: Starting with Constantine and his was quite successful you are a product of that success.
3: There were no Christian armies there really wasn't that many Christians. I know you lack the IQ to understand but once again let's give it a try. Constantine to consolidate power decides to make a religion that combines elements of the Greek gods along with the Jewish faith the official state religion. All soldiers wake up to find they are now Christian like it or not. Also they are charged to announce this throughout the kingdom and destroy/convert temples to Hercules, Perseus, Zeus, Hera and others to Christian house of worship. People either went along with it or faced imprisonment if lucky and the sword if not so lucky. They did make attempts to sugar coat the transition for the worshippers of the Greek gods combining outright greek gods rituals and goodies into the Christian faith. But for a common man to keep any of the holy writings about the Greek gods was punishable by death. We are lucky to have what little we do now as the majority was destroyed or renamed to Christian entities.
For example the earliest artwork of Jesus shows him as a young beard free man. That wasn't the image that took well to the worshippers of he Greek gods so they literally took the well known look of Apollo and said Oh hey this is Apollo Christ errr Jesus Christ! Lmfao!
<quoted text>
...I guess I'm just way too stupid to understand anything ....everything you wrote (except the last) is poop..
1) He had a vision telling him , his armies would become invincible ,if they painted a cross on their shields.
1a)..Invincible Army...He is a Pagan ..life is good ..why, convert others ?
1b)..Pagans are notoriously loyal to their gods...you would have me believe ..that they just rolled over ..and, risked the wraith of their own gods ..absurd ..
2)The Byzantine had beautiful statuary ...of the Greek gods ..early Christians didn't have the heart to destroy them ...and, since the Greek gods don't really exist anyway....why not just rename them ..Hera to Mary..Apollo to Jesus...this is well documented..
3)From a catholic encyclopedia..Constantine did "not" endeavour to spread christianity...from my web search "Did Constantine spread christianity with the sword?"....that was inconclusive ..."yes" and "no" ...Some people really believe he did....But, I would rather stick to something reputable ..
4)..So ,for brevity sake....Wow "Givemeliberty" I don't know how you manage to whip my little white ass at every turn ..!!

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#5740 Oct 13, 2012
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..ahhh...but, you are suggesting that these two (or more) diametrically opposed institutions ...would trust each other...
2)...May I suggest ...you were smoking the devils weed ...at the time ...eh..
Satan is a creator, too? Or, is he really >> the << creator?

Las Vegas, NV

#5741 Oct 13, 2012
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Satan is a creator, too? Or, is he really >> the << creator?
....seriously..???..."Rea son Personified"..seriously.. .???

2)The opposite of God ...is not the devil...God is incomparable ..!
2a)The opposite of the Devil ...would be Saint Michael the Arch Angel...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 5 min Into The Night 5,724
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 8 min Into The Night 23,599
Athetists' best bet is that there is a God. 5 hr IB DaMann 94
bigger fish to fry (Jul '11) 7 hr Suspicious Packag... 2
What are the best arguments against religion? 7 hr Richardfs 8
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 17 hr scientia potentia... 48,864
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 20 hr Into The Night 258,047
More from around the web