Atheism and cowardice

Nov 18, 2011 Full story: Conservapedia 12,667

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Full Story

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#5560 Oct 3, 2012
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, while the wise are so full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
There's a difference between being wrong and being crazy. Not much, but there is definitely a difference. Reality is backed up with GOBS of good, solid evidence and denying it is ... well ... you call it what you like.
The wheels of civilization are greased by sheeple. It's nothing to be ashamed of. Indeed, it's the fundamental "truth" of your favorite Messiah's message. I'm an Atheist Sheeple. Far better to be a wheel than the grease I would think. But we're really not supposed to think about it that much.
..NO...you are no "atheist" sheeple ...you may never subscribe to a "sky fairy" ,but "too" many people depend on you ..for you to be labeled "sheep"..or any other farmyard animal (save a BULL or a COCK)
...All Hallows Eve...is almost upon us...this is the "year" you GOTTA STOP ..dressing up as a woman...it used to be funny ...but..COME ON...you're a grandfather now...!!!

Las Vegas, NV

#5561 Oct 3, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Let me try smaller words for you.
Jesus your messiah FAILED to complete any special meaningful messianic prophecies. Fact. Since he failed why worship him as the messiah?
Why do secular nations who don't bother believing in God do so well?
I will start slowly with just these for now.
<quoted text>
...(1)..I do NOT know where Jesus failed ...the entire world knows of him ...his "only" prophecy ...is...I SHALL RETURN.."triple exclamation point"...
..(2)..You poor man..was there no histort dept. at U.C.L.A. or were you too distracted by all the pretty little boys...???
...allow me to elucidate....Back when "Reason Personified" and "RHill" were just chubby little toddlers ...Hawaii and Tibet were "nations" ..and, they were proud ..!!..
2a) Now they don't exist as nation states ...what will become of Japan or Switzerland ..I do not know...they appear successful ...but, Geo-political borders ..do tend to fluctuate..(back and forth ..in waves)...fluctuate..

Las Vegas, NV

#5562 Oct 3, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Not a democracy
..Then "don't" vote...

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#5563 Oct 3, 2012
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...I've..NEVER..!!..lo oked like a douchbag "online" you f**king ..pizza faced ..fatso..NEVER..!!!
.....??
Oh my.

That was ugly.

But the lord works in mysterious ways, eh?

Columbus, OH

#5564 Oct 3, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Ah nothin like a godbot meltdown to make everyone laugh.
<quoted text>
I'd give it an 8 on the godbot Richter Scale.

Columbus, OH

#5565 Oct 3, 2012
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..NO...you are no "atheist" sheeple ...you may never subscribe to a "sky fairy" ,but "too" many people depend on you ..for you to be labeled "sheep"..or any other farmyard animal (save a BULL or a COCK)
...All Hallows Eve...is almost upon us...this is the "year" you GOTTA STOP ..dressing up as a woman...it used to be funny ...but..COME ON...you're a grandfather now...!!!
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...(1)..I do NOT know where Jesus failed ...the entire world knows of him ...his "only" prophecy ...is...I SHALL RETURN.."triple exclamation point"...
..(2)..You poor man..was there no histort dept. at U.C.L.A. or were you too distracted by all the pretty little boys...???
...allow me to elucidate....Back when "Reason Personified" and "RHill" were just chubby little toddlers ...Hawaii and Tibet were "nations" ..and, they were proud ..!!..
2a) Now they don't exist as nation states ...what will become of Japan or Switzerland ..I do not know...they appear successful ...but, Geo-political borders ..do tend to fluctuate..(back and forth ..in waves)...fluctuate..
You're under the care of a professional, right?

If not, give it some thought.

K?

Since: Mar 11

United States

#5566 Oct 3, 2012
So you are admitting he failed as being the Jewish messiah? Again the messiah had guidelines written in the OT that he must complete BEFORE he could be the messiah. Jesus failed all of these so he cannot be the messiah and can only be a pagan god yes? So why worship a false messiah? Stop stalling answer the question.
2: No we didn't have a histort department. We had an award winning history department with several celebrated professors. Keep your little boy fetish to yourself sicko. Hawaii and Tibet so the fck what? Your meltdowns are great for a laugh.
2a: Japan and Switzerland are doing quite well as are the majority of secular nations. Yet again why are they doing so well when they uniformly minimize or outright reject God?
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...(1)..I do NOT know where Jesus failed ...the entire world knows of him ...his "only" prophecy ...is...I SHALL RETURN.."triple exclamation point"...

Florence, KY

#5567 Oct 3, 2012
Oh yes at least :)
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>I'd give it an 8 on the godbot Richter Scale.

Las Vegas, NV

#5568 Oct 3, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
So you are admitting he failed as being the Jewish messiah? Again the messiah had guidelines written in the OT that he must complete BEFORE he could be the messiah. Jesus failed all of these so he cannot be the messiah and can only be a pagan god yes? So why worship a false messiah? Stop stalling answer the question.
2: No we didn't have a histort department. We had an award winning history department with several celebrated professors. Keep your little boy fetish to yourself sicko. Hawaii and Tibet so the fck what? Your meltdowns are great for a laugh.
2a: Japan and Switzerland are doing quite well as are the majority of secular nations. Yet again why are they doing so well when they uniformly minimize or outright reject God?
<quoted text>
1)..yes..He "failed" as a Jewish Messiah ..they wanted a "warlord" ..(and, "They" still expect one)..I apologize to YOU and all my Jewish brethren ...Jesus did things HIS own way ...what can we do ..??
2)..Japan and Switzerland ....ARE DOING..AWESOME...!!!..for now..(but)..what, where the GREATEST (nation states)..and...how long did they last ....???
2a)..I submit, the most successful ...were religious ..

Las Vegas, NV

#5569 Oct 3, 2012
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You're under the care of a professional, right?
If not, give it some thought.
K?
..thanks for looking out....."Chess Jurist"...

....hey..???...."Do you wanna touch butts"..??

United States

#5570 Oct 3, 2012
1: They wanted what God decreed. Not a simple warlord. Rather a strong leader who would reunite the tribes and expand Israel as a nation of enlightenment and peace. He was to be a General, King and Priest. There are several specific prophecies that he was to fulfill. None was done by Jesus. So we see his failure which is a fact and we must conclude either the God of the OT was totally wrong about the messiah which would mean God isn't so supreme. Or we conclude Jesus was a fraud. You can't possibly have it both ways and you know it. Now is it more likely the centuries of OT prophets had it wrong along with Yahweh? Or is it more likely Jesus was just mimicking son of God saviors that were so well known and popular at the time?
2: They are doing awesome yet try minimize or reject God as a whole. How could that be?
3: Your pitiful submission is nonsense take off the blinders.
number four wrote:
<quoted text>1)..yes..He "failed" as a Jewish Messiah ..they wanted a "warlord" ..(and, "They" still expect one)..I apologize to YOU and all my Jewish brethren ...Jesus did things HIS own way ...what can we do ..??
2)..Japan and Switzerland ....ARE DOING..AWESOME...!!!..for now..(but)..what, where the GREATEST (nation states)..and...how long did they last ....???
2a)..I submit, the most successful ...were religious ..

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#5571 Oct 4, 2012
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..NO...you are no "atheist" sheeple ...you may never subscribe to a "sky fairy" ,but "too" many people depend on you ..for you to be labeled "sheep"..or any other farmyard animal (save a BULL or a COCK)
I just wanna be scary, you know ... for a little while. Sheeple aren't scary. Seeing me dressed up as a woman would scare many people!! Great idea ... thanks!

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#5572 Oct 4, 2012
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Then "don't" vote...
If it was not for Gary Johnson I wouldn't .

Las Vegas, NV

#5574 Oct 4, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>If it was not for Gary Johnson I wouldn't .
..Don't ...Waste your vote...man..!!!

Las Vegas, NV

#5575 Oct 4, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
1: They wanted what God decreed. Not a simple warlord. Rather a strong leader who would reunite the tribes and expand Israel as a nation of enlightenment and peace. He was to be a General, King and Priest. There are several specific prophecies that he was to fulfill. None was done by Jesus. So we see his failure which is a fact and we must conclude either the God of the OT was totally wrong about the messiah which would mean God isn't so supreme. Or we conclude Jesus was a fraud. You can't possibly have it both ways and you know it. Now is it more likely the centuries of OT prophets had it wrong along with Yahweh? Or is it more likely Jesus was just mimicking son of God saviors that were so well known and popular at the time?
2: They are doing awesome yet try minimize or reject God as a whole. How could that be?
3: Your pitiful submission is nonsense take off the blinders.
<quoted text>
...1) So Jesus was "not" what the Israelites were hoping for....yeah...God tends to roll like that ...There's a poem to that effect..
1a)..I asked God for strength ,that I might achieve .I was made weak ,that I might learn humbly to obey......I asked God for health , that I might do great things . I was given infirmity , that I might do better things .........I got nothing that I asked for - but, everthing i had hoped for...
2) God is slow to anger ..the Southern States (RHill)..enjoyed slavery for a century and a half ...before, War brought them low ..

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#5576 Oct 4, 2012
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..Don't ...Waste your vote...man..!!!
How is it wasted...man...???

Florence, KY

#5577 Oct 4, 2012
Jesus was not what Yahweh promised he would be. To accept Jesus you just say the OT and it's God Yahweh was wrong. You can't have it both ways Jesus simply failed in every way as Yahweh decreed the one who would be messiah must do FIRST before being dubbed as the messiah. Jesus did nothing but claim he was the messiah unearned.

If he even existed I am merely pointing out the flaw in the work of fiction known as the bible.
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...1) So Jesus was "not" what the Israelites were hoping for....yeah...God tends to roll like that ...There's a poem to that effect..
1a)..I asked God for strength ,that I might achieve .I was made weak ,that I might learn humbly to obey......I asked God for health , that I might do great things . I was given infirmity , that I might do better things .........I got nothing that I asked for - but, everthing i had hoped for...
2) God is slow to anger ..the Southern States (RHill)..enjoyed slavery for a century and a half ...before, War brought them low ..

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#5578 Oct 5, 2012
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>How is it wasted...man...???
There are many who would deny you any vote, different than the one, they would cast.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#5579 Oct 5, 2012
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>There are many who would deny you any vote, different than the one, they would cast.
True enough. Too many people fall for the, "If you vote 3rd party you are actually voting for (insert party that they don't want to win) to win."
I would rather not have to impose a "leader" on others but, since I live here, I might as well vote for the one that I think will do a little harm as possible.

Columbus, OH

#5580 Oct 5, 2012
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..thanks for looking out....."Chess Jurist"...
....hey..???...."Do you wanna touch butts"..??
I'm guessing a former alter boy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 6 min MUQ1 22,289
Becoming a parent changed everything. 53 min Givemeliberty 16
The problem of evil and hate (Oct '13) 1 hr Patrick 332
Respecting belief: why should you? And why shou... 1 hr Patrick 14
Atheist Babies 1 hr Patrick 39
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 1 hr Patrick 194
An atheist returns to Christ (Jan '09) 1 hr Patrick 4,107
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Aura Mytha 227,688
•••

Atheism People Search