Atheism and cowardice

Nov 18, 2011 Full story: Conservapedia 12,669

Have any of the New Atheists toured [[Islam]]ic countries giving lectures in which they condemn [[Allah]], [[Muhammad]], Islam, or Muslims? Have any of them debated Muslims in Islamic countries? Have any of them been interviewed on Al Jazeera? Have any of them written entire books in which they condemn Allah, Muhammad, Islam, or Muslims? Have they ... (more)

Full Story

Since: May 12

Las Vegas, NV

#5540 Sep 28, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
It's impossible to hate something that isn't really there. If anything we hate proven liars. Like yourself - a Creationist that has failed to convince anyone that the world is 6000 years old or that jesus rode on the backs on dinosaurs.
..1) Young Earth theory ....is a harmless belief ...and, I believe you mean Adam..not, Jesus..

2) I keep posting that you "hate" God ..I not trying to just perturb you ...(I don't want you coming to my apartment to beat me up..!!)....It is this irrational anger directed at Jesus and his Church..
2a)first we are labeled spineless sheeple and, in the same breathe jackbooted ,blood thirty tyrants ..
2b)Are the Clergy closeted homosexuals ..or..Bigoted homophobes ..???.I get both ,thrown at me..
2c)Are we stupid and uneducated ...or..because, of our fine parochial schools ,are we greedy opportunists ...???

Las Vegas, NV

#5541 Sep 28, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>What?
It says something about how the human mind works, how society works, and how cultures cultivate (haha) and spread ideas. It says nothing about the "truth" of said religion.
.."timn17" this is very well thought out ...but, that primitive tribes develop Good and Evil spirits and abodes for the blessed and the damned ..
I find it difficult to believe "atheism" is natural state of mind ..
2)Including , that Atheist seem to hold that they are more intelligent than the rest of the unwashed masses...from whence this false pride..???

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#5542 Sep 28, 2012
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..1) Young Earth theory ....is a harmless belief ...and, I believe you mean Adam..not, Jesus..
2) I keep posting that you "hate" God ..I not trying to just perturb you ...(I don't want you coming to my apartment to beat me up..!!)....It is this irrational anger directed at Jesus and his Church..
2a)first we are labeled spineless sheeple and, in the same breathe jackbooted ,blood thirty tyrants ..
2b)Are the Clergy closeted homosexuals ..or..Bigoted homophobes ..???.I get both ,thrown at me..
2c)Are we stupid and uneducated ...or..because, of our fine parochial schools ,are we greedy opportunists ...???
1) Being that incredibly wrong about something is not harmless!!!! You dismiss thousands of years of hard won advances to cling to a myth!!! Very dangerous ... and sad ... in oh so many ways ...
2) Considering your opinion in #1 ... how dare you describe something as "irrational"????
2a) What? You can't handle the truth?
2b) See 2a ... I think pedophiles and sexual opportunists is fairly accurate. Certainly not good shepherds.
2c) Let's just say IGNORANT and leave it at that.

Las Vegas, NV

#5543 Sep 28, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Always glad to help the less informed.
1: Why other than how you were raised, do you worship a false messiah like Jesus anyways?
2: How can you accept Jesus when he failed to complete a single important messianic prophecy?
3: How can you worship Jesus when he is nothing but the newest sun based deity goin all the way back to the beta Christ Horus?
4: Isn't it true that belief in Jesus is the cause of most wars today? Example the Muslims believe their Jesus is the real Jesus and this leads to their hatred of the Jews and such.
5: If belief in god/s is so important why are secular nations with few believers like Switzerland, Japan so on and so forth doing so well?
6: Why is it good to believe in something like god without a shred of proof?
<quoted text>
1)I had and awakening (if you will)..I know it's irrational ..and powerful psychedelic drugs can induce the same euphoria...but, I believe I did feel God..
2)I thought his only prophecy ...was his return..?
3)Men have accepted the supernatural ...probably before I was even born ...
4) Everybody says religions start wars ...and, they do start some ..but, I hold most are fought for resources or just good ole' expansion ..
5)God doesn't demand we become Christians ..we have to accept a creator to be sure ...but, honesty and treating others fairly ..should do the job..
6)..It is NOT....you have to start with a question...."If you are really there..????...YOU GOTTA GIVE ME A F**KING SIGN..!!!

Texas, USA

#5544 Sep 28, 2012
number four wrote:
<quoted text>.."timn17" this is very well thought out ...but, that primitive tribes develop Good and Evil spirits and abodes for the blessed and the damned ..
2)Including , that Atheist seem to hold that they are more intelligent than the rest of the unwashed masses...from whence this false pride..???
There's solid evidence we've been burying our dead with various ornaments and accessories for the after life since the dawn of time, certainly LONG before visions of Yahweh or Jesus H. Christ formed in our tiny little heads. I'd say our "natural" state is being ignorant and fearful ... perfect ground for religion and mysticism. Atheism is more an acquired taste. Even so, into WHICH religion we are born is an accident of circumstance and thus the allusion that we are "born Atheist". We are certainly born innocent and your demon god will afflict even the innocent without mercy. Praise his mighty name!

Las Vegas, NV

#5545 Sep 28, 2012
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
There's solid evidence we've been burying our dead with various ornaments and accessories for the after life since the dawn of time, certainly LONG before visions of Yahweh or Jesus H. Christ formed in our tiny little heads. I'd say our "natural" state is being ignorant and fearful ... perfect ground for religion and mysticism. Atheism is more an acquired taste. Even so, into WHICH religion we are born is an accident of circumstance and thus the allusion that we are "born Atheist". We are certainly born innocent and your demon god will afflict even the innocent without mercy. Praise his mighty name!
...I didn't find anything wrong with this post......except, the sarcasm...

Las Vegas, NV

#5546 Sep 28, 2012
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Being that incredibly wrong about something is not harmless!!!! You dismiss thousands of years of hard won advances to cling to a myth!!! Very dangerous ... and sad ... in oh so many ways ...
2) Considering your opinion in #1 ... how dare you describe something as "irrational"????
2a) What? You can't handle the truth?
2b) See 2a ... I think pedophiles and sexual opportunists is fairly accurate. Certainly not good shepherds.
2c) Let's just say IGNORANT and leave it at that.
1) I fail to see the danger in beliveng in Biblical creation ...I liken it to believing in Time Travel..is it possible ?...who cares..??
2A)..What is the truth.."RHill"...??? ..Are we sheeple or banes to civilization ...??
2B)...I protest...some fighting men (troops)have commited atrocities ..but, we would "never" paint them with one brush !!
2C)...okay..ignorant...but, understand the numbers are on my side ...it is you and your ilk ..who are the minority ..

Texas, USA

#5547 Sep 28, 2012
number four wrote:
<quoted text>1) I fail to see the danger in beliveng in Biblical creation ...I liken it to believing in Time Travel..is it possible ?...who cares..??
2A)..What is the truth.."RHill"...??? ..Are we sheeple or banes to civilization ...??
2B)...I protest...some fighting men (troops)have commited atrocities ..but, we would "never" paint them with one brush !!
2C)...okay..ignorant...but, understand the numbers are on my side ...it is you and your ilk ..who are the minority ..
1) The only thing wrong with it is that escaping from reality is habit forming and not a good thing. At least, that is the opinion of most therapists.
2A) Is mine the same as yours? Truth is a vague term at best. I like REALITY or NON-REALITY. A "truth" should fit in the REALITY column, sort of by definition. Sadly, that is not the case. If you accept and promote doctrine without a shred of skepticism I'm afraid that makes you Sheeple. Fortunately, civilizations require a certain number of Sheeple to function.
2B) Painting anything obscures the "truth" about that object or person.
2C) Indeed.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#5548 Sep 28, 2012
1: Did he smoke a cigarette after he touched you
2: Again why worship Jesus when he clearly failed to achieve any of the meaningful messianic prophecies? Stop stalling.
3: Stop stalling answer the question or admit defeat.
4: While spoils of war are important religion is the spark that often starts the fire
5: The countries I mentioned are mostly secular and laugh at the notion of a creator stop stalling why are they doing so well?
6: Stop stalling. Who's is belief in something without evidence a good thing?
number four wrote:
<quoted text>1)I had and awakening (if you will)..I know it's irrational ..and powerful psychedelic drugs can induce the same euphoria...but, I believe I did feel God..
2)I thought his only prophecy ...was his return..?
3)Men have accepted the supernatural ...probably before I was even born ...
4) Everybody says religions start wars ...and, they do start some ..but, I hold most are fought for resources or just good ole' expansion ..
5)God doesn't demand we become Christians ..we have to accept a creator to be sure ...but, honesty and treating others fairly ..should do the job..
6)..It is NOT....you have to start with a question...."If you are really there..????...YOU GOTTA GIVE ME A F**KING SIGN..!!!

Louisville, KY

#5549 Sep 28, 2012
1: Because it puts an unnecessary burden on progress.
2c: Yes the majority are ignorant. The cream rises to the top as they say. We have risen you and your ilk have not.
number four wrote:
<quoted text>1) I fail to see the danger in beliveng in Biblical creation ...I liken it to believing in Time Travel..is it possible ?...who cares..??

Las Vegas, NV

#5550 Sep 29, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
1: Did he smoke a cigarette after he touched you
2: Again why worship Jesus when he clearly failed to achieve any of the meaningful messianic prophecies? Stop stalling.
3: Stop stalling answer the question or admit defeat.
4: While spoils of war are important religion is the spark that often starts the fire
5: The countries I mentioned are mostly secular and laugh at the notion of a creator stop stalling why are they doing so well?
6: Stop stalling. Who's is belief in something without evidence a good thing?
<quoted text>
Number one was very funny....
I wish to stop "stalling"...so please, just tell me how I should answer ...I tire of repeating myself ...

Las Vegas, NV

#5551 Sep 29, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
1: Because it puts an unnecessary burden on progress.
2c: Yes the majority are ignorant. The cream rises to the top as they say. We have risen you and your ilk have not.
<quoted text>
...1)good point..but, what can we do..??..we live in a democracy ...
2)Turds also float...

Las Vegas, NV

#5552 Sep 29, 2012
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
1) The only thing wrong with it is that escaping from reality is habit forming and not a good thing. At least, that is the opinion of most therapists.
2A) Is mine the same as yours? Truth is a vague term at best. I like REALITY or NON-REALITY. A "truth" should fit in the REALITY column, sort of by definition. Sadly, that is not the case. If you accept and promote doctrine without a shred of skepticism I'm afraid that makes you Sheeple. Fortunately, civilizations require a certain number of Sheeple to function.
2B) Painting anything obscures the "truth" about that object or person.
2C) Indeed.
..You are wrong in regards to "young Earth theorist"..they do "not" shirk from debating/defending their beliefs ...someone who denies reality ...will avoid that topic ..
2A)..You label me a sheeple..and, then post civilization requires a certain number of sheeple.....Was I insulted..??
2B)..Oh crap...everthing is relative ..spiel..

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#5553 Sep 29, 2012
number four wrote:
<quoted text>.."timn17" this is very well thought out ...but, that primitive tribes develop Good and Evil spirits and abodes for the blessed and the damned ..
You are basing your opinion of atheists of the few you have met, and even worse based on the persona they play online. Also, statistically, atheists are better educated and have higher IQs, so there's that. And sometimes, with intelligence comes pride, wit, and the ability to use all three to look like a douchebag online. We've all been there.

Atheism may not be the natural state of mind for many people - they are finding that certain people are predisposed to religious or magical thinking because of certain factors, and that others are not. However, mankind's general proclivity for a certain state of mind says nothing about the truth of our collective fancy.

Texas, USA

#5554 Sep 30, 2012
number four wrote:
<quoted text>..You are wrong in regards to "young Earth theorist"..they do "not" shirk from debating/defending their beliefs ...someone who denies reality ...will avoid that topic ..
2A)..You label me a sheeple..and, then post civilization requires a certain number of sheeple.....Was I insulted..??
2B)..Oh crap...everthing is relative ..spiel..
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, while the wise are so full of doubt." Bertrand Russell

There's a difference between being wrong and being crazy. Not much, but there is definitely a difference. Reality is backed up with GOBS of good, solid evidence and denying it is ... well ... you call it what you like.

The wheels of civilization are greased by sheeple. It's nothing to be ashamed of. Indeed, it's the fundamental "truth" of your favorite Messiah's message. I'm an Atheist Sheeple. Far better to be a wheel than the grease I would think. But we're really not supposed to think about it that much.

United States

#5555 Sep 30, 2012
Let me try smaller words for you.

Jesus your messiah FAILED to complete any special meaningful messianic prophecies. Fact. Since he failed why worship him as the messiah?

Why do secular nations who don't bother believing in God do so well?

I will start slowly with just these for now.
number four wrote:
<quoted text>Number one was very funny....
I wish to stop "stalling"...so please, just tell me how I should answer ...I tire of repeating myself ...

United States

#5556 Sep 30, 2012
Exactly and as a democracy we need to keep it as such and not a theocracy.
2: I suggest you change dairies. It sounds as of they have poor quality control.
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...1)good point..but, what can we do..??..we live in a democracy ...
2)Turds also float...

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#5557 Sep 30, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Exactly and as a democracy we need to keep it as such and not a theocracy.
2: I suggest you change dairies. It sounds as of they have poor quality control.
<quoted text>
Not a democracy

Las Vegas, NV

#5558 Oct 3, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You are basing your opinion of atheists of the few you have met, and even worse based on the persona they play online. Also, statistically, atheists are better educated and have higher IQs, so there's that. And sometimes, with intelligence comes pride, wit, and the ability to use all three to look like a douchebag online. We've all been there.
Atheism may not be the natural state of mind for many people - they are finding that certain people are predisposed to religious or magical thinking because of certain factors, and that others are not. However, mankind's general proclivity for a certain state of mind says nothing about the truth of our collective fancy.
...I've..NEVER..!!..looked like a douchbag "online" you f**king ..pizza faced ..fatso..NEVER..!!!
1) This enamored view of IQ...???...I get it, those who lean towards the hard sciences and finance...will un-dubiety be of your ilk...as ,we care little for those disciplines ...
1a) But ,as to who is "more" intelligent" ..who can say..???..you have such linear thinking..!!!..Who is "more" intelligent the General Practitioner (medicine)..or..the Theoretical Physicist..???..(depends on what needs to be done..eh..??)
1b)..If you were trapped underground or lost at Sea..."who" is more intelligent the "miner" or the "sailor"...??

Florence, KY

#5559 Oct 3, 2012
Ah nothin like a godbot meltdown to make everyone laugh.
number four wrote:
<quoted text>...I've..NEVER..!!..lo oked like a douchbag "online" you f**king ..pizza faced ..fatso..NEVER..!!!
1) This enamored view of IQ...???...I get it, those who lean towards the hard sciences and finance...will un-dubiety be of your ilk...as ,we care little for those disciplines ...
1a) But ,as to who is "more" intelligent" ..who can say..???..you have such linear thinking..!!!..Who is "more" intelligent the General Practitioner (medicine)..or..the Theoretical Physicist..???..(depends on what needs to be done..eh..??)
1b)..If you were trapped underground or lost at Sea..."who" is more intelligent the "miner" or the "sailor"...??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 30 min River Tam 233,127
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 3 hr Morse 2,615
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 3 hr SnuffAGlobalist 18
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 hr Morse 23,260
$13.5m for jehovah’s witness sex victim 7 hr P_Smith 2
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 7 hr P_Smith 9
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 10 hr Morse 1,455
More from around the web