Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

It is an interesting subject - a theory with great evidence to back it up. Even though the new age movement likes to add mystical elements to this theory I personally think it has merit. The geometry is everywhere!

What do YOU think?

K.F.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Kai Fu wrote:
It is an interesting subject - a theory with great evidence to back it up. Even though the new age movement likes to add mystical elements to this theory I personally think it has merit. The geometry is everywhere!
What do YOU think?
K.F.
http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/pseudo/fibonacc...
Kai Fu

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

scaritual wrote:
Thanks for the link. I am fascinated with all the esoteric stuff.

K.F.
Mr Smartypants

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Kai Fu wrote:
What do YOU think?
K.F.
Just another boring pseudo-science. When Sacred Geometry or Numerology folks can use their 'knowledge' to become a billionaire or cure amputees, then I'll regard it as something to take seriously; until then, it's a stupid waste of time.
Kai Fu

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Mr Smartypants wrote:
<quoted text>
Just another boring pseudo-science. When Sacred Geometry or Numerology folks can use their 'knowledge' to become a billionaire or cure amputees, then I'll regard it as something to take seriously; until then, it's a stupid waste of time.
I believe the current monetary system is one of the biggest problems with the world next to religion.

People tend to judge far too much by money.

K.F.
Mr Smartypants

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Kai Fu wrote:
<quoted text>People tend to judge far too much by money.
Fine, but can Sacred Geometry cure an amputee? Can it even knock over an empty beer can? If not, why waste your time with this nonsense?

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Sacred Geometry = Sacred Nonsense?

"Have you had your fill of nonsense for today? No? Well how about some Sacred Geometry! You have to read it to really get to appreciate it, but let me quote some howlers:

'Sacred geometry is an ancient system of design and building based upon the harmonic relationship between man, nature and the universe. Virtually ignored by modern architects and designers, it was central to most ancient societies.'

News flash, if it is ignored by modern architects, it is quite likely it is archaic and has outlived it’s usefulness, if it had any to begin with. And just what is this “harmonic relationship” between man, nature and universe? Sounds quite poetic, I’ll give it that.

'The practice concerns a worldview of pattern recognition, producing religious patterns and structures involving space, time and form. By working with such forms, insight can come regarding the nature of all.'

Hmm, I was not aware that patter recognition was a worldview! I thought that humans were pretty much hardwired to recognize patterns. Pareidolia anyone? And isn’t it just great that we can get insight regarding the nature of all? Too bad the author doesn’t seem to have received this insight. Either that or he/she’s unwilling to share.

'Pythagoras realized the importance of this, and also showed how such harmonies work also with music. Hence, sacred geometry is a holistic practice. Even in ancient cave art, it is now known that pictures were drawn at ideal places for sound amplification.'

Sacred Geometry! Is a holistic practice! Just what does that mean? Up to today I had only seen the term “holistic” used in relation to alternative medicine quackery. And that claim about ancient cave art being drawn at ideal places for sound amplification sound exactly like the kind of unsubtantiated bullcrap new agey types like to make up to make their claims seem more plausible. And what does drawing have to do with sound anyway? I guess that harmonization thingie has something to do with this one....."

http://skepfeeds.wordpress.com/2008/11/21/sac...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••