10) Experts debate reality of God

10) Experts debate reality of God

There are 9041 comments on the Tulsa World story from May 8, 2010, titled 10) Experts debate reality of God. In it, Tulsa World reports that:

Christian apologist William Lane Craig made his best case for the existence of God, but in the end, his debate opponent, atheist Christopher Hitchens, remained unconvinced.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Tulsa World.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#5235 Aug 12, 2010
Mr Arkansas wrote:
<quoted text> Of course i will encourage him.....i'm sure he would do the same for me! He (and i)is under attack from the enemy of the brethern.....
HMMM, "enemy of the brethern", did you get that from an old Hammer film?...Maybe a RKO, Radio films horror pic?

Does Peter Cushing, Basil Rathbone, or Christopher Lee ring a bell?

Got Garlic?
SupaAFC

Leicester, UK

#5236 Aug 12, 2010
Mr Arkansas wrote:
<quoted text> Of course i will encourage him.....i'm sure he would do the same for me! He (and i)is under attack from the enemy of the brethern.....
Quit the persecution complex. I don't know which forum you are seeing this thread from, but you guys are willingly choosing to post here time and time again. We can't help it that you guys can't argue like adults and use rational arguments but instead lie, belittle, ignore and hide behind the odd bible verse.

Respect is a two-way street. Hint.
SupaAFC

Leicester, UK

#5237 Aug 12, 2010
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
For once you're right!!!
You ignored it because you're a wuss who could not admit that Ain't completely exposed you again.

I'm right again!

By the way: just how IS asking you the difference between facts and opinions a "silly" question?
Paul WV

Linden, NJ

#5238 Aug 12, 2010
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
You ignored it because you're a wuss who could not admit that Ain't completely exposed you again.
I'm right again!
By the way: just how IS asking you the difference between facts and opinions a "silly" question?
Has any atheists, or scientists, been able to prove your MJ car bonnet miracle a fake?
SupaAFC

Leicester, UK

#5239 Aug 12, 2010
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Has any atheists, or scientists, been able to prove your MJ car bonnet miracle a fake?
Nope, therefore since science can't prove it's a fake it's a miracle as per your rag logic.

Arguing like Paul rules!

And just what IS the difference between a fact and opinion?
SupaAFC

Leicester, UK

#5240 Aug 12, 2010
And uh, by the way:

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
You have yet to produce any peer reviewed scientific investigation into the MJ car bonnet miracle; I have on the Shroud of Turin.
None of your sources claim that the rag came about magically - all they do is express doubt in the methods used in '89. Using that as a claim of victory that your rag is magical is as silly as claiming that a dispute over contaminated test tubes in an experiment about chemistry means that all chemical reactions are as a result of magical invisible gremlins.

It is totally bizarre that you continue to argue science in your magical rag claim. Science is not qualified to deal with the supernatural. Any average person should know this and realise why it is meaningless to use science as an argument in favour of their junk being magical.
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>So, babble on about the MJ car bonnet miracle, but I don't see any of your atheists friends refuting it.
Of course not, because they know the car bonnet is a miracle. By YOUR standard.
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>So are your atheists friends conceding it is a miracle?
The MJ car bonnet? Definitely!

Your rag? Nope. Your whole argument is an argument from ignorance with absolutely no effort put into providing positive, empiracal evidence into your claim.

You can't even convince your own pope that the rag is magical. THAT'S how silly your argument is.

---

Since you're soooo busy and can only respond to "some" posts, I thought I better refresh your memory with that one.
Paul WV

Linden, NJ

#5241 Aug 12, 2010
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, therefore since science can't prove it's a fake it's a miracle as per your rag logic.
Arguing like Paul rules!
And just what IS the difference between a fact and opinion?
Has science investigate it? If so, provide link, thank you.
Paul WV

Linden, NJ

#5242 Aug 12, 2010
SupaAFC wrote:
And uh, by the way:
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
You have yet to produce any peer reviewed scientific investigation into the MJ car bonnet miracle; I have on the Shroud of Turin.
None of your sources claim that the rag came about magically - all they do is express doubt in the methods used in '89. Using that as a claim of victory that your rag is magical is as silly as claiming that a dispute over contaminated test tubes in an experiment about chemistry means that all chemical reactions are as a result of magical invisible gremlins.
It is totally bizarre that you continue to argue science in your magical rag claim. Science is not qualified to deal with the supernatural. Any average person should know this and realise why it is meaningless to use science as an argument in favour of their junk being magical.
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>So, babble on about the MJ car bonnet miracle, but I don't see any of your atheists friends refuting it.
Of course not, because they know the car bonnet is a miracle. By YOUR standard.
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>So are your atheists friends conceding it is a miracle?
The MJ car bonnet? Definitely!
Your rag? Nope. Your whole argument is an argument from ignorance with absolutely no effort put into providing positive, empiracal evidence into your claim.
You can't even convince your own pope that the rag is magical. THAT'S how silly your argument is.
---
Since you're soooo busy and can only respond to "some" posts, I thought I better refresh your memory with that one.
Science has given us enough facts about the Shroud of Turin to logically conclude the image is the results of a miracle. A jury convicts when there is enough evidence to prove someone is guilty beyond a 'reasonable' doubt; so with the Shroud of Turin, it is a miracle beyond a 'reasonable' doubt. Where is your scientific facts supporting your MJ car bonet miracle?
SupaAFC

Leicester, UK

#5243 Aug 12, 2010
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Has science investigate it? If so, provide link, thank you.
Doesn't have to. Probability says that the MJ car bonnet is a miracle.

(LOL. Doesn't suck to get your own childish arguments used against you?)
SupaAFC

Leicester, UK

#5244 Aug 12, 2010
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Science has given us enough facts about the Shroud of Turin to logically conclude the image is the results of a miracle.
Science makes no comment on the supernatural. A miracle is a supernatural act.

Any average person should know that.
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>A jury convicts when there is enough evidence to prove someone is guilty beyond a 'reasonable' doubt; so with the Shroud of Turin, it is a miracle beyond a 'reasonable' doubt.
The "jury" in the scientific world in regards to the rag is largely ambiguous on its origins, whereas others have shown how it could easily have been made in medieval times.

None of your sources claimed that the rag is magical; you have latched onto scientific doubts and claimed that they suddenly support your claim.
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>Where is your scientific facts supporting your MJ car bonet miracle?
Probability says that the MJ car bonnet is a miracle. And since science hasn't explained how it could have arised naturally, it is a miracle.

Gotta love when other people use your childish, circular logic.
SupaAFC

Leicester, UK

#5245 Aug 12, 2010
Edit two posts up: Doesn't -it- suck to have...
Paul WV

Linden, NJ

#5246 Aug 12, 2010
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Science makes no comment on the supernatural. A miracle is a supernatural act.
Any average person should know that.
<quoted text>
The "jury" in the scientific world in regards to the rag is largely ambiguous on its origins, whereas others have shown how it could easily have been made in medieval times.
None of your sources claimed that the rag is magical; you have latched onto scientific doubts and claimed that they suddenly support your claim.
<quoted text>
Probability says that the MJ car bonnet is a miracle. And since science hasn't explained how it could have arised naturally, it is a miracle.
Gotta love when other people use your childish, circular logic.
You have not provided a link where science has investigated the MJ car bonnet miracle. You certainly are not playing with a full deck, if you think your argument has any merit. It is just a juvenile attempt to try discrediting scientific fact. Why waste time posting such drivel?
ScienceRules

Allentown, PA

#5247 Aug 12, 2010
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
You have not provided a link where science has investigated the MJ car bonnet miracle.?
Do people offer to take you to the hospital when they meet you? You are so f**king far gone regarding even first-grade level reasoning that it is sad.

Science does not prove miracles. it debunks them. Every time.
Paul WV

Linden, NJ

#5248 Aug 12, 2010
ScienceRules wrote:
<quoted text>
Do people offer to take you to the hospital when they meet you? You are so f**king far gone regarding even first-grade level reasoning that it is sad.
He claims his MJ car bonnet is a miracle, so let him prove it. So you are claiming he is wrong about his MJ car bonnet miracle; and I agree with you, thanks.
Paul WV

Linden, NJ

#5249 Aug 12, 2010
ScienceRules wrote:
<quoted text>
superafc does not have a clue to what he is talking about.
Paul WV

Linden, NJ

#5250 Aug 12, 2010
ScienceRules wrote:
<quoted text>
Science has not debunked the Shroud of Turin miracle.
ScienceRules

Allentown, PA

#5251 Aug 12, 2010
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
He claims his MJ car bonnet is a miracle, so let him prove it. So you are claiming he is wrong about his MJ car bonnet miracle; and I agree with you, thanks.
He is not claiming the MJ bonnet is a miracle. He is using your 'logic' re: the fraud of touring' to show you how idiotic your arguments are. Either you know this and pretend otherwise or you are too stupid to own a computer.
ScienceRules

Allentown, PA

#5252 Aug 12, 2010
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
superafc does not have a clue to what he is talking about.
He has more intelligence and knowledge in his little finger than in your entire brain.
ScienceRules

Allentown, PA

#5253 Aug 12, 2010
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Science has not debunked the Shroud of Turin miracle.
Of course it has. Scientific analysis has offered numerous plausible explanations for it and numerous refutations of specific godbot claims about it.The only reasonable conclusion is natural origin.
Paul WV

Linden, NJ

#5254 Aug 12, 2010
ScienceRules wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it has. Scientific analysis has offered numerous plausible explanations for it and numerous refutations of specific godbot claims about it.The only reasonable conclusion is natural origin.
Provide facts and not opinion!(Note: Provide only the most recent studies. Don't forget science corrects itself when new evidence becomes available; so don't use out dated information.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 42 min Frindly 83,960
News BILL-BORED: Get Ready For Atheists' Annual Use ... 1 hr Eagle 12 - 9
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 3 hr Frindly 3,303
News Scientist Richard Dawkins weighs in on Malaysia... 23 hr Eagle 12 - 6
High School Atheism Thu blacklagoon 3 41
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Wed Eagle 12 - 4,965
Where have all the Atheists gone? (Apr '17) Wed Eagle 12 - 132
More from around the web