10) Experts debate reality of God

May 8, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Tulsa World

Christian apologist William Lane Craig made his best case for the existence of God, but in the end, his debate opponent, atheist Christopher Hitchens, remained unconvinced.

Comments
5,121 - 5,140 of 8,922 Comments Last updated May 9, 2011
SupaAFC

London, UK

#5213 Aug 11, 2010
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice post.
People Jesus hate:
[1] Blacks
[2] Women
[3] Gays
[4] Atheists
[5] Catholics (Protestants only) or
Protestants (Catholics only)
[6] Muslims
Jesus hates them all.
It's going to be a riot when Arkansas and Paul realise that they don't exactly see eye to eye and that deep down both believe that they are Jesus' best friend while the other will burn in hell.
SupaAFC

London, UK

#5214 Aug 11, 2010
<quoted text>
That's why you ignore Supa's questions? You're swamped with questions? LOL.
Paul - you just lied before your god. I don't care. But don't you believe that he does? What? Are you THAT SURE that it is OK to lie like that. Sure, you lied for Jesus, and that's got to count for something. But this is for eternal stakes - you say. You don't behave like you really believe that. If I did, I sure wouldn't lie the way you do.
Do you have it in writing that this lying is really what Jesus wants you to do? If not, what makes you think that such flagrant lying while representing Jesus is OK with him? Hell is very, very hot - they say.
All of your groveling won't necessarily keep you out the hell that Christians describe if you're a fundamentally base creature. You should aspire to be more than a lickspittle for the Catholic Church.
So, Paulie - are you assured salvation if you continue to lie for Jesus?
If you believe NO, then why are you doing it?
If you believe YES, then why do you worship him?
Paul is going to ignore this post.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#5215 Aug 11, 2010
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are a clairvoyant?
I agree with her. She's right. She knows just like I know. Does that make me clairvoyant, too?

You would take whatever position your church instructed you to take, you sycophant. Obviously.

Clairvoyant? I'd have to be in a coma not to discern that. You're a toady. Toadies just "ribbit" what they're told to "ribbit".

You're completely predictable, no paranormal skills required.

Fennario

#5216 Aug 11, 2010
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote: You're a racist, chauvinist piece of work. But we already suspected as much.
Paul WV wrote:
Duh! Follow the conversation!
You just "duh"ed somebody while being duh-stupid. LOL. You're precious.

Fennario

#5217 Aug 11, 2010
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ilk certainly did.
See, the subtle thing about you religious folks is how after making huge protests to keep things the way they are, and realising that the world hasn't blown itself up after we ignored your high-pitched screams, you pretend that you guys agreed with us ALL ALONG!
It's amazing! From being for slavery, you are now against it. From being against womens' rights, to "supporting" them (even if they still aren't allowed into the priesthood for inexplicable reasons). From being against black rights, to always having supported it.
The fickle thing about people like you is how you outright ignore history and pretend that your kind were "always" against it when you plainly weren't. Your bible changes as society changes; 50 years from now people like you will be claiming that you were "always for" gay marriage and the bible verses you keep preaching (which is useless in a democratic secular society anyway) reaaaally meant something else.
Fickle, fickle, fickle. Who are you going to target next after we outright ignore your protests and give gays what they should have had access to years ago?
They steal everything, don't they. They stole the Ten Commandments. They stole "Thou shalt not steal" They stole Jesus from Egypt and Persia. They stole the golden rule.

You detail how they fight social progress, but then eventually claim the progress for themselves. The same with scientific progress. The fought heliocentrism in Galileo's day, and they fight Big Bang cosmology and Evolution today. Once it was the flat earth, the 6000 year old earth, the flooded earth.

Eventually, if they last long enough, people will have forgotten that ridiculous debate as well - the one of our day - and, like monkeys at a zoo stealing your camera's lens cap, or your camera, the Christians will be claiming that the Bible prophesied Darwin's advent.

It's cute, but the monkeys have to give the lens cap back, and the same is true here with the Christians. They need to own up to stealing just about every bit of their "Christian" heritage except the inquisitions, crusades and witch burnings. And that Jesus wants you to be rich. Those they didn't steal.
SupaAFC

London, UK

#5218 Aug 11, 2010
<quoted text>
They steal everything, don't they. They stole the Ten Commandments. They stole "Thou shalt not steal" They stole Jesus from Egypt and Persia. They stole the golden rule.
You detail how they fight social progress, but then eventually claim the progress for themselves. The same with scientific progress. The fought heliocentrism in Galileo's day, and they fight Big Bang cosmology and Evolution today. Once it was the flat earth, the 6000 year old earth, the flooded earth.
Eventually, if they last long enough, people will have forgotten that ridiculous debate as well - the one of our day - and, like monkeys at a zoo stealing your camera's lens cap, or your camera, the Christians will be claiming that the Bible prophesied Darwin's advent.
It's cute, but the monkeys have to give the lens cap back, and the same is true here with the Christians. They need to own up to stealing just about every bit of their "Christian" heritage except the inquisitions, crusades and witch burnings. And that Jesus wants you to be rich. Those they didn't steal.
It's funny when they trot out the "list of scientists who were theists/Christians" line and need reminding that whereas that may be true, they faced opposition from churches who as you said refused to believe that their discoveries were correct.
datruth

Naples, FL

#5219 Aug 11, 2010
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church also corrected itself when evidence came out that homosexuals have a hard time keeping their vow of chastity so they should not be admitted to the priesthood.
Why would religion have to correct itself since its supposedly based on the word of god?

Fennario

#5220 Aug 11, 2010
Mr Arkansas wrote:
<quoted text> Paul, i want to encourage you with a line of scripture "Keep yourselves in the love of GOD, looking for the mercy of our LORD Jesus Christ unto eternal life" Jude 21......
Scripture is always so helpful. I know just what I need to do now.

"Unto" - how holy is that?

Fennario

#5221 Aug 11, 2010
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said I don't have time to answer every silly question; and I am free to pick and choose which questions I want to answer or not answer; ain't freedom wonderful?
Nice to have, but not always wisely wielded. You're free to be a skid row bum, too.

Choosing to avoid a question like that is obviously for a reason, and each of us is free to surmise what that might be. That's why perhaps you should limit your freedom to be a coward a little more.

Use freedom wisely.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#5222 Aug 11, 2010
<quoted text>
Scripture is always so helpful. I know just what I need to do now.
"Unto" - how holy is that?
More than "foreskin", less than "Verily", about the same as "sayeth".
the serpent was right

Orefield, PA

#5223 Aug 11, 2010
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
School have been know to transfer teachers to other schools so your argument is moot.
Has school districts been shelling out millions of dollars to children molested by teachers? Yes, or, no!
"School have been know to transfer teachers to other schools"

Bullshit. Another lie. Provide a link. Until then I will assume you are lying.

"Has school districts been shelling out millions of dollars to children molested by teachers? Yes, or, no"

Not that I know of. But it is a moot point. The schools haven't been complicit in the rape of children by moving suspect teachers to other districts so as to avoid problems.
the serpent was right

Orefield, PA

#5224 Aug 11, 2010
<quoted text>
LOL. Welcome aboard the loathe train. Paul is repulsive. I'm amazed that this is just coming through for you. You must have missed his previous comments on the subject, like the boys being liars. And you must not have noticed that he expressed no concern for the victims. He asks why they should they get Vatican money. No remorse, no contrition, no empathy, no interest in justice, no concern for the predators that they were creating and protecting - nothing. Cold as ice. Like a locust.
Not a shred of integrity except in his devotion to promoting his church at any cost. Absolutely revolting. No interest at all in truth. Am I exaggerating?
I'm chuckling about how this eluded you until now. Just busting your balls here a little, but it feels like someone announcing that stumpjohn isn't sincere, or pop quiz is hostile. LOL. Um, yeah. The mild, polite manner fooled you, didn't it? Man, this guy is in a league of his own - a complete failure to launch.
Actually, I said a long time ago that I wouldn't EVER leave him alone with children.

He has so many areas that can be slamed, I had always cut him slack on the whoole pedo thing. I simply can't ignore it anymore.
the serpent was right

Orefield, PA

#5225 Aug 11, 2010
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know which is your bigger hang up: sex or money.
You should ask the RCC that question.

“Psalm 24:1”

Since: Mar 10

Mississippi County Arkansas

#5226 Aug 11, 2010
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, encourage him, Mr. Arkinass.
Of course i will encourage him.....i'm sure he would do the same for me! He (and i)is under attack from the enemy of the brethern.....
nina

Surrey, Canada

#5227 Aug 11, 2010
the serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
... The schools haven't been complicit in the rape of children by moving suspect teachers to other districts so as to avoid problems.
In Canada, one such teacher's name is Robert Noyes

several schools shuffled him off to other schools

he molested over a hundred boys over at least 5 schools in British Columbia

not to mention the teachers/staff who rotated between Indian Residential schools run by the three big churches.
nina

Surrey, Canada

#5228 Aug 11, 2010
still, the Catlick church is far worse for protecting pedo priests for decades

while immediately excommunicating any bishop who ordains women as priests

or any adult priest having consenting sex with another man

the CC really goes for that child should be treated obscene and never heard
Paul WV

Turtle Creek, WV

#5229 Aug 12, 2010
SupaAFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul is going to ignore this post.
For once you're right!!!

Fennario

#5230 Aug 12, 2010
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
More than "foreskin", less than "Verily", about the same as "sayeth".
A very holy word is "O" spelled without the "h":

O holy! O so very, very holy! Verily I sayeth unto you, holy. O!

LOL.

Fennario

#5231 Aug 12, 2010
Mr Arkansas wrote:
<quoted text> Of course i will encourage him.....i'm sure he would do the same for me! He (and i)is under attack from the enemy of the brethern.....
Here's an idea. Don't seek out atheists to "debate [the] reality of God" with if you don't want dissent.

It's unbecoming to be a professional victim.

Fennario

#5232 Aug 12, 2010
nina wrote:
<quoted text>
In Canada, one such teacher's name is Robert Noyes
several schools shuffled him off to other schools
he molested over a hundred boys over at least 5 schools in British Columbia
not to mention the teachers/staff who rotated between Indian Residential schools run by the three big churches.
Then that school system should also pay out tens of millions to each of that man's victims, as the school was complicit not only in protecting the teacher from prosecution, but of actually sending children to him - just like the Catholic Church. And of course, everyone complicit should go to prison for as long as they can stay alive there. Let hell start here on earth for them, since there's no evidence of one on the other side.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 11 min CunningLinguist 37
100% Faith Free 24 min Patrick 13
I left Creationism! Ask me anything! 29 min Patrick 6
The Ultimate Evidence of God 33 min Patrick 60
Our world came from nothing? 42 min CunningLinguist 429
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Anon 226,368
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 6 hr Patrick 52
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••