Jerry DeWitt: The Day I Lost My Faith

Jun 24, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Huffington Post

It's almost impossible for me to talk about having lost my faith without first dealing with the phrase " lost my faith ."

Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Jun 26, 2013

“Handsome white and black men”

Since: Jan 10

Interracial love

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

From superstition to reason, a wonderful progress for mankind.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

Quote, "Of course, I do realize that to most people it looks like [I have "lost" my faith], but I don't feel that way at all. I don't feel as if I have lost anything; instead it's just the opposite."
Exactly. One doesn't 'lose faith' or lose anything by rejecting superstition and being more reasonable. One gains freedom of thought and can stop pretending to believe that a god sent a prophet to Earth, or any other such nonsense.

Since: Sep 10

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

You lose WITH religion, not without it:

* you lose the ability to think
* you lose education
* you lose freedom
* you lose ethics and morality
* you lose decency and respect for others
* you lose acceptance and humanity

Among many others.

Religion is a disease and atheism is an ABSENCE of disease. There is only gain by getting rid of religion.
True Christian witness

Bartlesville, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Atheism is an excuse to avoid accountability.

Atheism is a way out for anyone who can't relate to a person who lives by faith.

Atheism is just another word for selfish, even self righteous.

I am not judging anyone, just stating facts as I see them.
Each person has to make their own happiness and peace, especially if they don't believe in Jehovah God.

You do not get peace or contentment now, without faith in Jehovah God's promise of a new world that will be peace and happiness to every living thing.
Isaiah 65:17

“you must not give faith”

Since: Jul 12

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

True Christian witness wrote:
Atheism is a way out for anyone who can't relate to a person who lives by faith.
Each person has to make their own happiness and peace, especially if they don't believe in Jehovah God.
You do not get peace or contentment now, without faith in Jehovah God's promise of a new world that will be peace and happiness to every living thing.
"Atheism is an excuse to avoid accountability." Hang on isn’t it you who says that one can be forgiven by God and not the person you hurt, isn’t it you who says that in the end everything will be fine thanks to the afterlife. If you are an atheist you must take more responsibility as you cannot avoid going to the person you hurt if you want to be forgiven and you cannot think that everyone will get their just deserves, so one must work even harder to ensure that they do.

“Atheism is a way out for anyone who can't relate to a person who lives by faith.” Meet Seth Andrews, he is the founder of the thinking atheist website and an ex-Christian radio show host. Yes because he of all people cannot relate to a person who lives by faith.

“Atheism is just another word for selfish, even self righteous.” Selfish says the guy who thinks that the gigantic cosmos is just for the human race. Self righteous says the guy who thinks that the creator of everything cares mostly for humanity. A race that lives on one blue dot in one of the uncountable solar system in a quadrant of one galaxy.

“I am not judging anyone , just stating facts as I see them.” HAHAHAHAHAHAHA… no, no no no no. You just called me a selfish, self righteous prat who avoids responsibility for himself and others you don’t get to say that.

“Each person has to make their own happiness and peace, especially if they don't believe in Jehovah God.” Wait this is something I’m unsure about, are you saying that someone who believes in God is entitled to an easier path in life, in which case this is akin to getting benefits to those would serport a political party, or are you saying that if you are a atheist you should work harder to better your life because of the lack of divine help, in which case this is the conclusion atheists have had for decades.

I have seen a lot of your brand of B.S. around here recently True Christian witness if you keep posting this C*** I will take the time to refute it, so please let’s not make this a part of our daily routine.

“you must not give faith”

Since: Jul 12

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

I can see where DeWitt is coming from but I am happy to say that I lost my faith, as it's the same as saying "I lost my tumors". Faith is where you place the word of someone on in a special realm of thought because, it was said by an authority figure rather than have everything on the same level at the start and let things go from there.
The reason why people see the word lost as a negative is because people see gain as good, however we need to keep using the word lost to change the idea that loss is bad and turn it in to a neutral concept so that it is what is lost is that counts, especially when it comes to things that are considered as a personal thing.
Cujo

Regina, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

HAHAHA. We are accountable to others, not a god. According to your whacky faith, a child rapist can be saved and go to heaven, while someone who never committ a crime towards anyone, but just happens not to believe in your god, would go to hell.

Completely illogical, but then again, faith is illogical.

Selfish, self righteous? Isn't the one who only does good, because they are afraid of hell, and wants an eternity in heaven more selfish than the one who does good, knowing there is no heaven or hell, but does it anyway.

Again, your statement is logically flawed, and again, I expect nothing less from someone who has faith.

“Handsome white and black men”

Since: Jan 10

Interracial love

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Atheism is a demand for aaccountability. If you claim that there is a god, then you should be accountable to submit evidence.
Atheists cannot understand why people put blind faith over reason.
You are judging us. It is you who is selfish and self righteous. I have gotten peace and contentment now that I am not a christian.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••