How much faith it takes to believe in...
Thinking

Sidmouth, UK

#103 Aug 17, 2014
Why would I, you dumb hater?
I had a job in Midrand and have visited several countries in Africa.

At least you didn't capitalise your latest straw man.
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably think we have lions roaming around in our streets and cities.
CunningLinguist

Umatilla, FL

#104 Aug 17, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want my children one day to learn evolution in school. But what am I gonna do about it. If I can deal with this Evolution crap in school, you can deal with this so called "Religious dogma" in school.
We do not have 'faith' in evolution we have evidence for it.

Tsk tsk!:-/

Appeal to faith argument
(e.g., if you have no faith, you cannot learn) if the arguer relies on faith as the bases of his argument, then you can gain little from further discussion. Faith, by definition, relies on a belief that does not rest on logic or evidence. Faith depends on irrational thought and produces intransigence.

Religious dogma?
So saith Miriam Webster.

Main Entry: dog·ma
Pronunciation:\&#712;d &#559;g-m&#601;, &#712;däg-\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural dog·mas also dog·ma·ta \-m&#601;-t&#601;\
Etymology: Latin dogmat-, dogma, from Greek, from dokein to seem — more at decent
Date: 1638
1 a : something held as an established opinion ; especially : a definite authoritative tenet b : a code of such tenets <pedagogical dogma> c : a point of view or tenet put forth as authoritative without adequate grounds 2 : a doctrine or body of doctrines concerning faith or morals formally stated and authoritatively proclaimed by a church

Scientific ignorance is no excuse there's plenty of available data.

Appeal to ignorance argument
(argumentum ex silentio) appealing to ignorance as evidence for something.(e.g., We have no evidence that God doesn't exist, therefore, he must exist. Or: Because we have no knowledge of alien visitors, that means they do not exist).

Ignorance about something says nothing about its existence or non-existence.
Patrick

United States

#105 Aug 17, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
We do not have 'faith' in evolution we have evidence for it.
Great news...since you proved whatever point it was you can now retire?

<Skeptic> is on your side, uses f*ck a lot to prove atheism?
CunningLinguist

Umatilla, FL

#106 Aug 17, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Great news...since you proved whatever point it was you can now retire?
<Skeptic> is on your side, uses f*ck a lot to prove atheism?
The greater the feeling of inferiority that has been experienced, the more powerful is the urge to conquest and the emotional agitation leads to the narcissism that defines you so well.

I do find you entertaining Patrick in the perverse sort of way.

A religious troll in atheist forums that is so totally obsessed with himself he is compelled to respond to anything that has his name in it.

We pull the strings... and theists dance till the fat lady sings. She hasn't shut up in years so you keep dancing and dancing.

That's what I call entertainment.

You remind me of a goldfish aimlessly wandering in circles all day.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#107 Aug 17, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't mean that literally. Stupid Atheists. I meant if science did choose(they won't) BUT IF THEY DID CHOOSE TO SAY WE ARE PART OF THE WHALE FAMILY then you would believe it.
You're pretty stupid. Nothing magically created us. I'm just going to make a Android appear in my hand out of thin air lol.
Again with the crediting me with what I have not said, but you did say that >>> "Science can turn around and call us humans part of the whale family and you would believe it.".

I have not once claimed that nothing magically created us, those are your thoughts, your words. And btw ..... just in case you didn't manage to see it the first time I posted it >>> "Science is held to certain standards of proof."

After the Android, you can try burning a bush, parting the Red Sea or maybe turn some water into wine
Patrick

United States

#108 Aug 17, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
The greater the feeling of inferiority that has been experienced, the more powerful is the urge to conquest and the emotional agitation leads to the narcissism that defines you so well.
A religious troll in atheist forums that is so totally obsessed with himself he is compelled to respond to anything that has his name in it.
We pull the strings... and theists dance till the fat lady sings. She hasn't shut up in years so you keep dancing and dancing.
Why are You so defensive?

and all the dancing malarkey. LOL

I have never stated a religious position,
..... find your posts amusing if illogical :-)

"We pull the strings... and theists dance till ....yada yada yada LOL

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#109 Aug 18, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the force behind creative thought?
The constant flow that drives our Imagination, our Intelligence even for higher learning and understanding.
Where does it come from?
Thinking

Poole, UK

#110 Aug 18, 2014
Clearly not from religion.
_Bad Company wrote:
<quoted text> What is the force behind creative thought?
The constant flow that drives our Imagination, our Intelligence even for higher learning and understanding.
Where does it come from?

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#111 Aug 18, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Why would I, you dumb hater?
I had a job in Midrand and have visited several countries in Africa.
At least you didn't capitalise your latest straw man.
<quoted text>
Lol, that makes me a hater. I remember in school when a English school toured my country. The first thing they said is "Where are the lions." For those dumb Americans and Europeans that haven't been to Africa, they most probably think I live in a village.
Thinking

Poole, UK

#112 Aug 18, 2014
You're a hater because you previously posted that all Atheists are despicable.
I've never said that about all believers.

I live in a village. What's your point?
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, that makes me a hater. I remember in school when a English school toured my country. The first thing they said is "Where are the lions." For those dumb Americans and Europeans that haven't been to Africa, they most probably think I live in a village.

Location hidden

#113 Aug 18, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Clearly not from religion.
<quoted text>
As opposed to atheist religion?
Thinking

Castle Cary, UK

#114 Aug 19, 2014
Are you?
_Bad Company wrote:
<quoted text>
As opposed to atheist religion?

Location hidden

#115 Aug 19, 2014
Thinking wrote:
Are you?
<quoted text>
Am I what? Opposed to atheist religion?
Society rule would be that of dictatorship.
What do you honestly believe would happen if one of these militant atheist got in power?
Society would be better? For whom? You or I? Surely you Jest? We would be Oppressed more than what we are now.
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#116 Aug 19, 2014
WTFuck is Atheist religion?[sic]

I'm just a non believer.

I shall leave the oft repeated misrepresentations of the word "Atheist" to such as you.
_Bad Company wrote:
<quoted text> Am I what? Opposed to atheist religion?
Society rule would be that of dictatorship.
What do you honestly believe would happen if one of these militant atheist got in power?
Society would be better? For whom? You or I? Surely you Jest? We would be Oppressed more than what we are now.
Patrick

United States

#117 Aug 19, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I'm just a non believer.
I shall leave the oft repeated misrepresentations of the word "Atheist" to such as you.
<quoted text>
Atheism an old philosophy of some merit, examined by the Greeks thousands of years ago.
Many atheists prove to be agnostics or Christians having a bad day.:-)
Over a good cup of coffee the discussion usually moves on to great films -Good Will Hunting, Dead Poet Society.- Radio Days- Casablanca
Since no one can prove atheism the arguments tend to be circular thus people lose interest
Peace
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#118 Aug 19, 2014
Sad news, Lincock.

Pope's relatives die in Argentina.
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism an old philosophy of some merit, examined by the Greeks thousands of years ago.
Over a good cup of coffee the discussion usually moves on to great films -Good Will Hunting, Dead Poet Society.- Radio Days- Casablanca
Since no one can prove atheism the arguments tend to be circular thus people lose interest
Peace

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#119 Aug 19, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Peace
What happens if the coffee is bad or merely disappointing? Murder and mayhem would be my guess...
Patrick

United States

#120 Aug 19, 2014
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
What happens if the coffee is bad or merely disappointing? Murder and mayhem would be my guess...
Peet's Beans, grind at home then Mr. Coffee?
Aa stroll in the garden

Location hidden

#121 Aug 19, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I'm just a non believer.
<quoted text>
Exhibit C.
Very nice thinking, I can see that you put a lot of thought into that.
Patrick

United States

#122 Aug 19, 2014
Peet's Beans, grind at home then Mr. Coffee?
*And*stroll in the garden

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 4 min River Tam 20,191
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr Joncy David 45,413
What is of greater value for humanity: Chrisita... 3 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 417
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 4 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 9,499
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 4 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 278
News Hitchens, Dawkins and Harris are old news - a t... 4 hr Reason Personified 188
News Why Kasich's atheist criticisms seem out of touch 5 hr TrapMusic 25
More from around the web