How much faith it takes to believe in...
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#82 Aug 9, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, I do not know how much time you wasted on all that typing.
Science can turn around and call us humans part of the whale family and you would believe it.
you are really stupid. I suspect that you need to think yourself superior just for being a man because you probably have nothing else to feel proud of as an individual human being.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#83 Aug 9, 2014
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would scientists DO that?
We don't share virtually all of our DNA and an extremely similar physiology with whales.
We DO with other members of the ape family.
some whales may be superior in intelligence and communication skills to the guy you were replying to, however. and lots of dolphins, I suspect.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#84 Aug 9, 2014
a better case could be made for unintelligent and immoral design than for intelligent and/or ethical design - of the universe, and of human beings and other life forms.
Gillette wrote:
Some info on Endogenous Retroviruses (ERVs) from a previous duscussion:
Why should we resort to theorizing that so-called "Intelligent Design' was deliberately behind the seemingly RANDOM act of an ancient virus' insertion of itself (let's say, for example) in slot #2 billion 48 (out of 3 billion places) of the DNA genome of a particular ape-like creature, who passed that imperfection or marker on to his progeny, who then passed it on to theirs, etc. for a hundred million years.....
....and why would such shared markers pop hundreds of thousands of times in the genomes of various members of the ape family,
...and why should ALL of those various markers found in the collective the ape family be present in the DNA of EVERY HUMAN BEING, every modern day GORILLA, every modern-day Gibbon, every modern day macaque, etc .etc. in EXACTLY THE SAME PLACE?
There would be NO OBVIOUS or RATIONAL reason for your God to have random illnesses millions of years ago leave such markers in all those species and have ALL those markers show up in EVERY modern member of the ape family in EXACTLY THE SAME PLACE in their genomes, BUT NOT in the same places in the DNA of other mammals.
The Theory of Evolution, by contrast, has a simple, obvious, easy-to-follow explanation: namely, these modern members of the ape family, including homo sapiens, all share a common ancestor.
Looking at just one retrovirus (HERV-K) of THOUSANDS ape family members have in common, here's what we find:
# of retroviral insertion points in common positions (i,=.e, exactly thee same place in the 3-billion pari genome) between humans and...
New World Monkeys: 2
Old World Monkeys: 4
Gibbons: 7
Orangutans: 9
Gorillas & Chimps: 11
Other Humans: 14
Plus, this explanation tells us the order in which the various species split off.
The least # of viruses in common split first. The most # split last.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#85 Aug 9, 2014
I also understand that humans are closer in dna to apes than house cats are to lions. that is reassuring, I guess.
Growupchildren

East Barnet, UK

#86 Aug 10, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Not having good day and you live in London.
Why not enjoy life? Go to the park?
Peace
Creationists like you are ignorant and can't face up to the fact that you have I evidence of god.

Instead you behave like children when confronted for your lies.
Growupchildren

East Barnet, UK

#87 Aug 10, 2014
Patrick is a coward with no evidence for creationism. That's why he spams e forum instead - like an ignorant cave creature who has mammoth fur in between his ears.
Patrick

United States

#88 Aug 10, 2014
religionislies wrote
Growupchildren wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationists like you are ignorant and can't face up to the fact that you have I evidence of god.
:-0

Jim
Skeptic
Septic
LOL

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#89 Aug 11, 2014
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text>
you are really stupid. I suspect that you need to think yourself superior just for being a man because you probably have nothing else to feel proud of as an individual human being.
I think the exact same thing of you. That you are really stupid. I guess that's something we have in common.

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#90 Aug 11, 2014
Growupchildren wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's that evidence for Evolution? And the Big Bang? Wait, you will tell me there is evidence then give me a link that just has words and nothing else to it.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#91 Aug 11, 2014
You need a shave.
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. What I will say will prove Evolution.
There were Apes and there were humans many years ago. They both looked like each other. Therefore, Humans came from Apes!!!
That's what Atheists call evidence. That's what Evolutionists call Theory.
Patrick

United States

#93 Aug 11, 2014
Thinking wrote:
You need a shave.
<quoted text>
Religion and Atheism threads seem quite which may indicate people are drinking more?
Patrick

United States

#94 Aug 11, 2014
Religion and Atheism threads seem quite *quiet* which may indicate people are drinking more?

LOL

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#95 Aug 11, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, I do not know how much time you wasted on all that typing.
Science can turn around and call us humans part of the whale family and you would believe it.
No, science can't say that, but total idiots could. Science is held to certain standards of proof. Too bad religion, buybulls, holy tomes, gods, priest, witch doctors, sooth sayers and religions aren't.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#96 Aug 11, 2014
I konw diabetes is a huge killer where you come from.
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
...whale family...
Patrick

United States

#97 Aug 11, 2014
"Science is held to certain standards of proof....." until they move toward Federal Grant dollars ...? Faking scientific results ..... an old tradition
CunningLinguist

Orlando, FL

#98 Aug 11, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Life was not a accident. I don't know how you can look at our planet then say it was a accident.
You have proved that you're allergic to scientific understanding... so maybe it is possible that God had another unfortunate accident, similar to the Noah debacle, during your creation.

It is unfortunate that you are scientifically illiterate.

The World is fortunate that only 7% of scientists are this illiterate.

The more education a person has the less religiosity. I don't say this to be demeaning to you only that I think you do not understand science.

Science questions everything, it experiments, it relies on accurate results, science is never satisfied.

I will admit that it is possible for some people to be born with their brain 'hardwired' for a God... and logic/reason cannot not sway them. I believe they yearn for immortality.

I wonder why religious people like yourself bother to attend an atheist forum.

To what purpose does this serve?

Is it idle curiosity about atheism or a method to attack those who do not share your faith?

I consider myself agnostic and would never waste my time posting anything in any religious forum.

I do believe that there is literally no place for religious dogma in the classrooms. That kind of education can be achieved in Sunday school.

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#99 Aug 17, 2014
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>No, science can't say that, but total idiots could. Science is held to certain standards of proof. Too bad religion, buybulls, holy tomes, gods, priest, witch doctors, sooth sayers and religions aren't.
I didn't mean that literally. Stupid Atheists. I meant if science did choose(they won't) BUT IF THEY DID CHOOSE TO SAY WE ARE PART OF THE WHALE FAMILY then you would believe it.

You're pretty stupid. Nothing magically created us. I'm just going to make a Android appear in my hand out of thin air lol.

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#100 Aug 17, 2014
Thinking wrote:
I konw diabetes is a huge killer where you come from.
<quoted text>
You probably think we have lions roaming around in our streets and cities.

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#101 Aug 17, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
You have proved that you're allergic to scientific understanding... so maybe it is possible that God had another unfortunate accident, similar to the Noah debacle, during your creation.
It is unfortunate that you are scientifically illiterate.
The World is fortunate that only 7% of scientists are this illiterate.
The more education a person has the less religiosity. I don't say this to be demeaning to you only that I think you do not understand science.
Science questions everything, it experiments, it relies on accurate results, science is never satisfied.
I will admit that it is possible for some people to be born with their brain 'hardwired' for a God... and logic/reason cannot not sway them. I believe they yearn for immortality.
I wonder why religious people like yourself bother to attend an atheist forum.
To what purpose does this serve?
Is it idle curiosity about atheism or a method to attack those who do not share your faith?
I consider myself agnostic and would never waste my time posting anything in any religious forum.
I do believe that there is literally no place for religious dogma in the classrooms. That kind of education can be achieved in Sunday school.
I don't want my children one day to learn evolution in school. But what am I gonna do about it. If I can deal with this Evolution crap in school, you can deal with this so called "Religious dogma" in school.
Thinking

Sidmouth, UK

#102 Aug 17, 2014
So you're saying people that understand Evolution would believe something that Evolutionary evidence says is not believable?

Now I know you are really dumb, but that's not even the start of the argument.

Also, capitalising your own straw man for emphasis? Now that is totally hilarious.
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't mean that literally. Stupid Atheists. I meant if science did choose(they won't) BUT IF THEY DID CHOOSE TO SAY WE ARE PART OF THE WHALE FAMILY then you would believe it.
You're pretty stupid. Nothing magically created us. I'm just going to make a Android appear in my hand out of thin air lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 12 min yehoshooah adam 3,581
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Subduction Zone 67,795
Where have all the Atheists gone? 8 hr Sceptical-Mal 18
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 10 hr River Tam 28,721
News Unholy? Atheists should embrace the science of ... 23 hr Eagle 12 12
is it ever right to hate Christians as a group? Apr 25 superwilly 21
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) Apr 25 superwilly 462
More from around the web