How much faith it takes to believe in...
religionislies

London, UK

#42 Aug 4, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. What I will say will prove Evolution.
There were Apes and there were humans many years ago. They both looked like each other. Therefore, Humans came from Apes!!!
That's what Atheists call evidence. That's what Evolutionists call Theory.
Ignorant creationists can't disprove evolution - that is why they are angry and try to lie about atheists..

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#43 Aug 4, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
I would give the same reply that you gave to me
Really, the same thing? I don't think so.

This is what I posted to you >>>> "Fossils exist! Deal with it.
We all are primates and we always will be. We do not come from, we share a common ancestor, does that bother you?"

Clueless be thine name.

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#44 Aug 4, 2014
religionislies wrote:
<quoted text>
Usual useless excuses from religious mentally ill who cannot answer a straight question.
Life was not a accident. I don't know how you can look at our planet then say it was a accident.

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#45 Aug 4, 2014
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Really, the same thing? I don't think so.
This is what I posted to you >>>> "Fossils exist! Deal with it.
We all are primates and we always will be. We do not come from, we share a common ancestor, does that bother you?"
Clueless be thine name.
It doesn't bother me because it's not true. Now, I'll say again.

Scientists guess we came from Apes only because we have some similar features and that's pretty much the only evidence.

I'm not a primate, I'm a human being. Now enjoy eating flees off your mother's back.
CunningLinguist

Spring Hill, FL

#46 Aug 4, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
. I've constantly heard Atheists say Religious people believe by faith with no evidence by their side. Yet, evolution has no evidence.
It has never been observed. The fact that it's never been observed proves that Evolution is just a theory. That's why it's called the THEORY of Evolution. There is a difference between theory and fact.
Fact is definite. Theory is what we think.
The same with the big bang. It's called The Big Bang theory because once again, it's just a theory, it's what Scientists think happened. Now proof for God.
Atheists believe a single cell, a single cell smaller than atom, randomly made everything to sustain life. First of all where did that cell come from?
Also, when I take a look at Earth, I see the beauty. The beautiful ocean, the unique and just incredible animals that climb the trees of the Amazon.
All the amazing different types of fish and creatures in the deep blue sea. The beauty. The wild lands of Africa. Lions and Wildebeests. The different types of unique animals that we see. And all this to be owned by us, Humans.
This beautiful, incredible unique planet of ours was surely created by a God. Atheists are telling me, this UNIQUE planet of ours was made by a cell smaller than atom. 1cell that small, can't make this just, amazing planet we call home. This amazing universe.
God planned this universe perfectly
Your question...

"Do you Atheists know how much faith it takes to believe in Evolution?"

Answer: No 'faith' is required. Scientific understanding is necessary.

It is time for people of intellect, as opposed to people of faith, to stand up and declare to respect people for what they individually think, rather than respect groups for what they were collectively brought up to believe.

Atheists do not care which deity you choose to worship. We DO NOT believe in
deities or any religions that support these imaginary deities. Science is expanding, and with it our vision of the universe. Although this new and constantly changing view may not always give us comfort, it does have the virtue of truth according to our most effective resources for acquiring knowledge.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#47 Aug 4, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientists guess we came from Apes only because we have some similar features and that's pretty much the only evidence.
I'm not a primate, I'm a human being. Now enjoy eating flees off your mother's back.
My mother has been dead for years. All of mankind are primates. The word does not mean monkey, and your skewed perception of what an ape is, doesn't alter the fact that you are one.
richardfs

Merrylands, Australia

#48 Aug 5, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a primate, I'm a human being.
No you are a mushroom. I think I just insulted mushrooms.
richardfs

Merrylands, Australia

#49 Aug 5, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Your question...
"Do you Atheists know how much faith it takes to believe in Evolution?"
Answer: No 'faith' is required. Scientific understanding is necessary.
It is time for people of intellect, as opposed to people of faith, to stand up and declare to respect people for what they individually think, rather than respect groups for what they were collectively brought up to believe.
Atheists do not care which deity you choose to worship. We DO NOT believe in
deities or any religions that support these imaginary deities. Science is expanding, and with it our vision of the universe. Although this new and constantly changing view may not always give us comfort, it does have the virtue of truth according to our most effective resources for acquiring knowledge.
He is a typical godbot. He thinks that just because he believes in something everybody has to believe in something. The concept of knowledge is beyond his grasp.

His capacity for learning is zero.

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#50 Aug 5, 2014
richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I'm a mushroom. Thank you for that intelligent comment.

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#51 Aug 5, 2014
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>My mother has been dead for years. All of mankind are primates. The word does not mean monkey, and your skewed perception of what an ape is, doesn't alter the fact that you are one.
Then enjoy eating flees off you father's back. Now, go on, live in the jungle where you belong.

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#52 Aug 5, 2014
richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
He is a typical godbot. He thinks that just because he believes in something everybody has to believe in something. The concept of knowledge is beyond his grasp.
His capacity for learning is zero.
Wait. I'm typing. I'm reading. Sure, my capacity for learning is 0 although I can read and write and know two languages.

Now, you say I think everyone should believe in something because I believe in something. Atheists think because science says humans evolved from apes, we should all believe that is true only because "SCIENCE SAID SO".
religionisillnes s

London, UK

#53 Aug 5, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Life was not a accident. I don't know how you can look at our planet then say it was a accident.
We still don't know why you creationist liars reject scientific facts. There's no such thing as god and you have no evidence otherwise.
religionisillnes s

London, UK

#54 Aug 5, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
We all evolved, there's nothing you can do about it.

Go to a doctor and they will confirm it for you, in case you're that stupid and think you can beat a DNA test.
religionisillnes s

London, UK

#55 Aug 5, 2014
richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not even sure what you insulted - just like all creationists trying to sound smart.
religionisillnes s

London, UK

#56 Aug 5, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Then enjoy eating flees off you father's back. Now, go on, live in the jungle where you belong.
If you really came from Noah's boat, why don't you walk the plank?
religionisillnes s

London, UK

#57 Aug 5, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait. I'm typing. I'm reading. Sure, my capacity for learning is 0 although I can read and write and know two languages.
Now, you say I think everyone should believe in something because I believe in something. Atheists think because science says humans evolved from apes, we should all believe that is true only because "SCIENCE SAID SO".
Science didn't say anything, its evidence says it all - no god and there's never been one.
Patrick

United States

#58 Aug 5, 2014
LONDON — After years of deadlock and division, the Church of England voted on Monday to allow women to become bishops, overturning centuries of tradition and overcoming a long-running dispute that had undermined the unity of Anglicans.

The vote taken in the General Synod, the decision-making body of the Church of England, was supported by the archbishop of Canterbury, the Most Rev. Justin Welby, the spiritual leader of the church and the global Anglican Communion, who told the BBC before the vote that the public would find the exclusion of women “almost incomprehensible.”

After the result, he said in a statement that he was delighted and described the move as “the completion of what was begun over 20 years ago with the ordination of women as priests.”

The changes will be considered by Parliament. Provided they are approved there, a formal announcement will be made at the next meeting of the General Synod, in November.

The General Synod voted to ordain women as priests in 1992, and ordinations began two years later. Now, around one-third of Anglican clerics are women, and women can hold senior positions such as canon or archdeacon.
religionisillnes s

London, UK

#59 Aug 5, 2014
Patrick wrote:
LONDON — After years of deadlock and division, the Church of England voted on Monday to allow women to become bishops, overturning centuries of tradition and overcoming a long-running dispute that had undermined the unity of Anglicans.
The vote taken in the General Synod, the decision-making body of the Church of England, was supported by the archbishop of Canterbury, the Most Rev. Justin Welby, the spiritual leader of the church and the global Anglican Communion, who told the BBC before the vote that the public would find the exclusion of women “almost incomprehensible.”
After the result, he said in a statement that he was delighted and described the move as “the completion of what was begun over 20 years ago with the ordination of women as priests.”
The changes will be considered by Parliament. Provided they are approved there, a formal announcement will be made at the next meeting of the General Synod, in November.
The General Synod voted to ordain women as priests in 1992, and ordinations began two years later. Now, around one-third of Anglican clerics are women, and women can hold senior positions such as canon or archdeacon.
You can't spam your way out, Creationist liar - you scum have no evidence of god - deal with it.
Moonie

Charlotte, NC

#60 Aug 5, 2014
religionisillness wrote:
<quoted text>
You can'
t spam your way out, Creationist liar - you scum have no evidence of god - deal with it.
Hey Septic aka Jim aka Skeptic go bother someone else with your crap. Stop spamming the threads

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#61 Aug 5, 2014
Some people have weird ideas about what spam is. To my way of thinking, posts that are not the original work of the person posting them and are way off-topic fit the bill, but only just. True spam, original or not, is posted in many places so as to achieve maximum exposure. In most cases, those who spam don't bother to read the responses or respond to them.

Some here label anything with which they disagree as spam with the judge it icons. I think that's partly because they don't want to use fewer than the three allowed and it's one of the negative ones left and partly out of habit--the same sets of positive and negative ones appear consistently enough that it's obvious that only one person bothers with them at all on a regular basis.

But really--spam? This forum is almost entirely free of it. Even Patrick's little tidbits don't really qualify in the truest sense--they're just off-topic and unoriginal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 min One way or another 33,967
News Why I quit atheism 7 min Eagle 12 259
Reasoning with Insanity 14 min Eagle 12 38
News How 'new atheists' are just as dangerous as the... 27 min Eagle 12 107
Majority of Scots now have no religion 28 min Eagle 12 134
News Are There Atheists in the Foxholes? 29 min Eagle 12 52
There are no such things as gods or fairies 30 min Eagle 12 79
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 46 min NightSerf 4,462
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 53 min NightSerf 14,815
More from around the web