How much faith it takes to believe in...

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#22 Jul 30, 2014
Growupchildren wrote:
In one sentence they say the world is perfect, in another they compare Atheists to Hitler.
Let's ask why Stalin, Hitler and others even exists in this "perfect world"
And we will hear nothing but silence from the religious liars.
:). You see, God created this world perfectly. Humans corrupted it. You know why?
God doesn't force humans to do things his way. It's HUMANS FAULT THIS WORLD IS CORRUPT, AND ONLY HUMANS.

God has a purpose for everyone. Hitler may have been meant to be a great leader in God's eyes and may use his leadership to do good. I believe God wanted that for him. But he turned around and used it for other purposes. God can't stop people's decisions. The only time he gets involved in a decision is when you pray.

So this world is perfect. Humans destroyed it, not God

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#23 Jul 30, 2014
Growupchildren wrote:
<quoted text>
The only reason you know about amazing creatures on this planet, is because scientists explored he world and discovered them based on evididence.
But it is this very same evidence you reject, when it comes to confronting your god-myth.
The only reason I know those creatures is because they have been observed. Something Evolution hasn't achieved

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#24 Jul 30, 2014
Reason Personified wrote:
There is this funny thing about evidence. When it's present there's no pretense, no wishcraft, no faith of any kind needed. Same with gods, present them and the evidence will suddenly outweigh faith. Imagine that .... proving a god, any god. Now try to comprehend this. Evidence is proof, faith is just silly wishcraft.
Evolution is backed up by millions of pieces of proof.
Yeah the evidence of looking the same. Mr. Darwin said: Humans and Apes look like each other . Therefore, we CAME FROM APES.

That's the only scientific crap of heard they say to try to prove Evolution.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#25 Jul 30, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah the evidence of looking the same. Mr. Darwin said: Humans and Apes look like each other . Therefore, we CAME FROM APES.
The fossil record shows a smooth transition form earlier members of the ape family, though successive proto-human species into modern day homo sapiens.

Plus the DNA record shows indisputable proof we are descended from earlier members of the ape family and share a lineage with modern apes, orangutans, monkeys, etc.

Look up Endogenous Retrovirus (ERVs).

And I've given you links to examples of observed speciation in our time.

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#26 Jul 30, 2014
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
The fossil record shows a smooth transition form earlier members of the ape family, though successive proto-human species into modern day homo sapiens.
Plus the DNA record shows indisputable proof we are descended from earlier members of the ape family and share a lineage with modern apes, orangutans, monkeys, etc.
Look up Endogenous Retrovirus (ERVs).
And I've given you links to examples of observed speciation in our time.
ERVs are not "indisputable" proof.

There are alternative explanations.

If you insist on this religious devotion to scientific methods, you should not exaggerate the results.

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#27 Jul 30, 2014
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>

Plus the DNA record shows indisputable proof we are descended from earlier members of the ape family and share a lineage with modern apes, orangutans, monkeys, etc
You just said on another thread that science "never proves things".

Here you claim science shows "indisputable proof".

Which is it?

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#28 Jul 30, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Fossils exist! Deal with it.

We all are primates and we always will be. We do not come from, we share a common ancestor, does that bother you?
CunningLinguist

Windermere, FL

#29 Jul 30, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
Do you Atheists know how much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. I've constantly heard Atheists say Religious people believe by faith with no evidence by their side. Yet, evolution has no evidence.
It has never been observed. The fact that it's never been observed proves that Evolution is just a theory. That's why it's called the THEORY of Evolution. There is a difference between theory and fact.
Fact is definite. Theory is what we think.
The same with the big bang. It's called The Big Bang theory because once again, it's just a theory, it's what Scientists think happened. Now proof for God.
Atheists believe a single cell, a single cell smaller than atom, randomly made everything to sustain life. First of all where did that cell come from?
Also, when I take a look at Earth, I see the beauty. The beautiful ocean, the unique and just incredible animals that climb the trees of the Amazon.
All the amazing different types of fish and creatures in the deep blue sea. The beauty. The wild lands of Africa. Lions and Wildebeests. The different types of unique animals that we see. And all this to be owned by us, Humans.
This beautiful, incredible unique planet of ours was surely created by a God. Atheists are telling me, this UNIQUE planet of ours was made by a cell smaller than atom. 1cell that small, can't make this just, amazing planet we call home. This amazing universe.
God planned this universe perfectly
Not so fast...

There are many gods - which one is yours and why are you certain it's the only correct one?

Ask your clergy for evidence that your God is the one true God in the way that clerics in competing religions (other than yours) cannot do.

Ask your clergy for evidence that proves your holy book a.k.a. Bible is true in a way that other religions cannot do with their holy book like Islam etc.

I had a God for a while but he committed suicide.

Ms. God opened a huge can of "whoop ass" after his creation debacle!

She remains miffed to this day over Noah and his incestuous family.

Cocaine, crystal meth and alcohol are the gateway drugs to Christianity.

Thank you for sharing your mythology...
CunningLinguist

Howey In The Hills, FL

#30 Jul 30, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. What I will say will prove Evolution.
There were Apes and there were humans many years ago. They both looked like each other. Therefore, Humans came from Apes!!!
That's what Atheists call evidence. That's what Evolutionists call Theory.
I'll leave these children explain it to you...

In the first book of the Bible, Guinesses, God got tired of creating the world, so he took the Sabbath off. Adam and Eve were created from an apple tree. Noah's wife was called Joan of Ark because Noah built the ark, which the animals came to in pears. Lot's wife was a pillar of salt by day, but a ball of fire by night. The Jews were a proud people and throughout history they had trouble with unsympathetic Genitals.

Samson was a strong man who let himself be led astray by a Jezebel like Delilah.

Samson slew the Philistines with the axe of the Apostles.

Moses led the Hebrews to the Red Sea, where they made unleavened bread, which is bread without any ingredients.

The Egyptians were all drowned in the dessert.

Afterwards, Moses went up to Mount Cyanide to find the ten commendments.The first commandment was when Eve told Adam to eat the apple.The seventh commandment is "Thou shalt not admit adultery".

Moses died before he ever reached Canada.

Then Joshua led the Hebrews in the battle of Geritol.

The greatest miracle in the Bible is when Joshua told his son to stand still and he obeyed him.

David was a Hebrew king skilled at playing the liar. He fought with the Finkelsteins, a race of people who lived in Biblical times.

Solomon, one of David's sons, had 300 wives and 700 porcupines.

When Mary heard that she was the mother of Jesus, she sang the Magna Carta.

Then the three Wise Guys from the east arrived and found Jesus in the manager.

Jesus was born because Mary had an Immaculate Contraption.

St. John, the blacksmith, dumped water on his head.Jesus enunciated the Golden Rule, which says do one to others before they do one to you.He also explained that "Man does not live by sweat alone".

It was a miricle when Jesus rose from the dead and managed to get the tombstone off the entrance.

The people who followed Jesus were called the 12 decibles.

The epistles were the wives of the apostles.One of the opossums was St. Matthew who was also a taximan.St. Paul cavorted to Christianity. He preached the holy acrimony, which is another name for marriage.

A Christian should have only one.

Here is good example of this alleged 'love'... NO THANKS ;)

"If any man come to me, and HATE not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple".--Luke 14:26
CunningLinguist

Windermere, FL

#31 Jul 31, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
:). You see, God created this world perfectly. Humans corrupted it. You know why?
God doesn't force humans to do things his way. It's HUMANS FAULT THIS WORLD IS CORRUPT, AND ONLY HUMANS.
God has a purpose for everyone. Hitler may have been meant to be a great leader in God's eyes and may use his leadership to do good. I believe God wanted that for him. But he turned around and used it for other purposes. God can't stop people's decisions. The only time he gets involved in a decision is when you pray.
Why should I allow that same God to tell me how to raise my kids, who had to
drown His own?

IS THE OLD TESTAMENT INSPIRED?

If it is, it should be a book that no man -- no number of men -- could produce.

It should contain the perfection of philosophy.

It should perfectly accord with every fact in nature.

There should be no mistakes in astronomy, geology, or as to any subject or science.

Its morality should be the highest, the purest.

Its laws and regulations for the control of conduct should be just, wise, perfect, and perfectly adapted to the accomplishment of the ends desired.

It should contain nothing calculated to make man cruel, revengeful, vindictive or infamous.

It should be filled with intelligence, justice, purity, honesty, mercy and the spirit of liberty.

It should be opposed to strife and war, to slavery and lust, to ignorance, credulity and superstition.

It should develop the brain and civilize the heart.

It should satisfy the heart and brain of the best and wisest.

It should be true.

Does the Old Testament satisfy this standard?

Is there anything in the Old Testament -- in history, in theory, in law, in government, in morality, in science -- above and beyond the ideas, the beliefs, the customs and prejudices of its authors and the people among whom they lived?
-Robert G. Ingersoll

The short answer: no
Not just no, but hell no!

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#32 Jul 31, 2014
<quoted text>Fossils exist! Deal with it.
We all are primates and we always will be. We do not come from, we share a common ancestor, does that bother you?
Lol, fossils exists and they look like each other therefore they evolved from each other, lol

I love the evidence!
CunningLinguist

Spring Hill, FL

#33 Jul 31, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, fossils exists and they look like each other therefore they evolved from each other, lol
I love the evidence!
Here's more enjoy!

"And on that Friday, the people wept with joy at the revelation that Christ, that irritating little bastard, was about to die on the cross. And they felt Good that day, so they called it Good Friday. Amen."
--John 18:41 (a discovered lost verse of the Bible)

"I believe there is something out there watching over us. Unfortunately, it's
the government."
--Woody Allen

The problem with Christians, Jews, and Muslims is that when they finely get
around to stopping to think about something, they just stop, they never
really get to the thinking part.

Earth,TX

#34 Jul 31, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
I love the evidence!
You'd gouge out your eyes to keep from seeing the truth, wouldn't you?

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#35 Aug 1, 2014
<quoted text>You'd gouge out your eyes to keep from seeing the truth, wouldn't you?
I would say the exact same thing to you.

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#36 Aug 1, 2014
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's more enjoy!
"And on that Friday, the people wept with joy at the revelation that Christ, that irritating little bastard, was about to die on the cross. And they felt Good that day, so they called it Good Friday. Amen."
--John 18:41 (a discovered lost verse of the Bible)
"I believe there is something out there watching over us. Unfortunately, it's
the government."
--Woody Allen
The problem with Christians, Jews, and Muslims is that when they finely get
around to stopping to think about something, they just stop, they never
really get to the thinking part.
I could not find that verse. I looked it up in 3 different bibles and could not find that.

I think about the Big Bang. Through all my thinking I figured nothing can't magically explode and create wonderland.

Earth,TX

#37 Aug 1, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say the exact same thing to you.
You might, but it would be a completely inaccurate statement.
CunningLinguist

Spring Hill, FL

#38 Aug 2, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
I could not find that verse. I looked it up in 3 different bibles and could not find that.
I think about the Big Bang. Through all my thinking I figured nothing can't magically explode and create wonderland.
Only three Bibles?

Did you check the book of Mormon?

Joe Smith is, after all, the most recent prophet.

There must be at least 100 Bibles and only one original aka the Old Testament or the Pentateuch.

This of course begs the question why is there a New Testament?
Did God get it wrong in the Old Testament so it required modification?

Something you may not know...

MITHRAS = CHRISTIANITY?

This religion, cloaked in mystery and secrecy, has captivated the imaginations of scholars for generations.

Many facts discovered sheds vital light on the cultural dynamics that led to the rise of Christianity. The National Geographic Society’s book “Great Religions of the World,” page 309 writes; “By Jesus’ time, East and West had mingled here for three centuries.

Down columns of boulevards walked Roman soldiers loyal to the Persian god Mithras.”

Mithras was a Persian deity. He was also the most widely venerated god in the Roman Empire at the time of Jesus.

The Catholic Encyclopedia as well as the early Church Fathers found this religion of Mithras very disturbing, as there are so many similarities between the two religions, as follows:

1) Hundreds of years before Jesus, according to the Mithraic religion, three Wise Men of Persia came to visit the baby savior-god Mithra, bring him gifts of gold, myrrh and frankincense.

2) Mithra was born on December 25 as told in the “Great Religions of the World”, page 330; “…it was the winter solstice celebrated by ancients as the birthday of Mithraism’s sun god”.

3) According to Mithraism, before Mithra died on a cross, he celebrated a “Last Supper with his twelve disciples, who represented the twelve signs of the zodiac.

4) After the death of Mithra, his body was laid to rest in a rock tomb.

5) Mithra had a celibate priesthood.

6) Mithra ascended into heaven during the spring (Passover) equinox (the time when the sun crosses the equator making night and day of equal length).

As you can now see, Christianity derived many of its essential elements from the ancient religion of Mithraism. Mithraism became intertwined with the cult of Jesus to form what is known today as “Christianity.”

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#39 Aug 2, 2014
<quoted text>You might, but it would be a completely inaccurate statement.
I would give the same reply that you gave to me
religionislies

London, UK

#40 Aug 4, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Usual useless excuses from religious mentally ill who cannot answer a straight question.
religionislies

London, UK

#41 Aug 4, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You just said on another thread that science "never proves things".
Here you claim science shows "indisputable proof".
Which is it?
Ignorant creationist pig who can't prove his god or his creationist cult.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 42 min Frindly 83,960
News BILL-BORED: Get Ready For Atheists' Annual Use ... 1 hr Eagle 12 - 9
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 3 hr Frindly 3,303
News Scientist Richard Dawkins weighs in on Malaysia... 23 hr Eagle 12 - 6
High School Atheism Thu blacklagoon 3 41
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Wed Eagle 12 - 4,965
Where have all the Atheists gone? (Apr '17) Wed Eagle 12 - 132
More from around the web