How much faith it takes to believe in...

How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution.

Posted in the Atheism Forum

First Prev
of 10
Next Last

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#1 Jul 27, 2014
Do you Atheists know how much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. I've constantly heard Atheists say Religious people believe by faith with no evidence by their side. Yet, evolution has no evidence.

It has never been observed. The fact that it's never been observed proves that Evolution is just a theory. That's why it's called the THEORY of Evolution. There is a difference between theory and fact.

Fact is definite. Theory is what we think.

The same with the big bang. It's called The Big Bang theory because once again, it's just a theory, it's what Scientists think happened. Now proof for God.

Atheists believe a single cell, a single cell smaller than atom, randomly made everything to sustain life. First of all where did that cell come from?

Also, when I take a look at Earth, I see the beauty. The beautiful ocean, the unique and just incredible animals that climb the trees of the Amazon.

All the amazing different types of fish and creatures in the deep blue sea. The beauty. The wild lands of Africa. Lions and Wildebeests. The different types of unique animals that we see. And all this to be owned by us, Humans.

This beautiful, incredible unique planet of ours was surely created by a God. Atheists are telling me, this UNIQUE planet of ours was made by a cell smaller than atom. 1cell that small, can't make this just, amazing planet we call home. This amazing universe.

God planned this universe perfectly

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#2 Jul 27, 2014
How much faith does it take for a Atheist to believe a single cell came from nothing then made a world of order. How much faith it takes to believe something that happened millions of years ago. How much faith it takes to believe something that happened billions of years ago(The Big bang).

Atheists say I believe by faith, they have a hell lot more faith than me.
religionisillnes s

London, UK

#3 Jul 27, 2014
Evolution's a fact - you may f*ck off back to your backward cult of ignorance now.

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#4 Jul 28, 2014
religionisillness wrote:
Evolution's a fact - you may f*ck off back to your backward cult of ignorance now.
It's a theory. It hasn't been proven yet, it's just a educated guess.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#5 Jul 28, 2014
There is this funny thing about evidence. When it's present there's no pretense, no wishcraft, no faith of any kind needed. Same with gods, present them and the evidence will suddenly outweigh faith. Imagine that .... proving a god, any god. Now try to comprehend this. Evidence is proof, faith is just silly wishcraft.

Evolution is backed up by millions of pieces of proof.
richardfs

Merrylands, Australia

#6 Jul 29, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
Do you Atheists know how much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. I've constantly heard Atheists say Religious people believe by faith with no evidence by their side. Yet, evolution has no evidence.
It has never been observed. The fact that it's never been observed proves that Evolution is just a theory. That's why it's called the THEORY of Evolution. There is a difference between theory and fact.
The same with the big bang. It's called The Big Bang theory because once again, it's just a theory, it's what Scientists think happened. Now proof for God.
Atheists believe a single cell, a single cell smaller than atom, randomly made everything to sustain life. First of all where did that cell come from?
Also, when I take a look at Earth, I see the beauty. The beautiful ocean, the unique and just incredible animals that climb the trees of the Amazon.
All the amazing different types of fish and creatures in the deep blue sea. The beauty. The wild lands of Africa. Lions and Wildebeests. The different types of unique animals that we see. And all this to be owned by us, Humans.
This beautiful, incredible unique planet of ours was surely created by a God. Atheists are telling me, this UNIQUE planet of ours was made by a cell smaller than atom. 1cell that small, can't make this just, amazing planet we call home. This amazing universe.
The same old creationist godbot lies which have been dis-proven time and time again.

And you wonder why we think you are dumb as a rock.

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#7 Jul 29, 2014
religionisillness wrote:
What do you mean "evolution is a fact"?

There are at least 10 definitions of "evolution" in scientific literature.

Do you mean they are all "fact"?

Even the evolutionists who do the science don't even claim they are all "fact".

But you're more informed, I guess.

You yap-jawed moron.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#9 Jul 29, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
evolution has no evidence.
It has never been observed.
http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CB/CB910.h...

Creationist Claim CB910:

No new species have been observed.

Response:

New species have arisen in historical times. For example:

[See multiple examples at the link]
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#10 Jul 29, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
The fact that it's never been observed proves that Evolution is just a theory. That's why it's called the THEORY of Evolution. There is a difference between theory and fact.
A theory is not the OPPOSITE of a fact, as you claim here. They are just two separate things.

Evolution is BOTH a theory and a fact.

it;s a FACT that species evolve.

And the Theory of Evolution is the detailed, well-supported EXPLANATION of the mechanisms of how that happens.

I suspect you have had this explained to you many times and you are just bored and lonely and trolling for reactions. LOL
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#11 Jul 29, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
The same with the big bang. It's called The Big Bang theory because once again, it's just a theory, it's what Scientists think happened.
Theories do not become facts. Theories EXPLAIN facts. This statement makes it sound like once a theory has enough evidence, it becomes a fact. Not the way it works.

You are confused as to what facts and theories are. A theory does not grow up to be a fact. It always remains a theory and facts always remain facts.

Theories do not become facts. Theories EXPLAIN facts. Your statement makes it sound like once a theory has enough evidence, it becomes a fact. Not the way it works.

Here's a fact: A fossilized bone fragment, K/Ar dated to this age with a margin of error of this much was found at this GPS location on this date. That's a fact. It's not a theory. It's simply a fact.

A theory explains the relationship between groups of facts.

In scientific terms, a "theory" is not a conjecture or a vague guess. It is a complete, detailed unifying explanation of a large set of facts. "Theory" is as high as it gets in science.

Saying "evolution is just a theory" is like saying "Bill Gates is just a multi-billionaire."

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#12 Jul 29, 2014
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
Theories do not become facts. Theories EXPLAIN facts. This statement makes it sound like once a theory has enough evidence, it becomes a fact. Not the way it works.
You are confused as to what facts and theories are. A theory does not grow up to be a fact. It always remains a theory and facts always remain facts.
Theories do not become facts. Theories EXPLAIN facts. Your statement makes it sound like once a theory has enough evidence, it becomes a fact. Not the way it works.
Here's a fact: A fossilized bone fragment, K/Ar dated to this age with a margin of error of this much was found at this GPS location on this date. That's a fact. It's not a theory. It's simply a fact.
A theory explains the relationship between groups of facts.
In scientific terms, a "theory" is not a conjecture or a vague guess. It is a complete, detailed unifying explanation of a large set of facts. "Theory" is as high as it gets in science.
Saying "evolution is just a theory" is like saying "Bill Gates is just a multi-billionaire."
It is legitimate to say "evolution is just a theory".

The reason it is legitimate is because people in this forum refer to the theory of evolution as "fact", not just a proposed explanation of facts.

Theories explain facts. Facts also explain facts. When someone characterizes the proposed explanation of facts as a fact, they are over-stating it.

Thus, one proper response to "evolution is a fact" is "evolution is just a theory".

Proponents want to bolster the power of the overall theory by alluding to the fact of certain incidences of evolution, and using the two interchangeably in discourse.

Some do it ignorantly. Others are just dishonest.

Growupchildren

London, UK

#13 Jul 29, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
It is legitimate to say "evolution is just a theory".
The reason it is legitimate is because people in this forum refer to the theory of evolution as "fact", not just a proposed explanation of facts.
Theories explain facts. Facts also explain facts. When someone characterizes the proposed explanation of facts as a fact, they are over-stating it.
Thus, one proper response to "evolution is a fact" is "evolution is just a theory".
Proponents want to bolster the power of the overall theory by alluding to the fact of certain incidences of evolution, and using the two interchangeably in discourse.
Some do it ignorantly. Others are just dishonest.
Evolution is a fact and Creationism is a proven mental illness.
Growupchildren

London, UK

#14 Jul 29, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
How much faith does it take for a Atheist to believe a single cell came from nothing then made a world of order. How much faith it takes to believe something that happened millions of years ago. How much faith it takes to believe something that happened billions of years ago(The Big bang).
Atheists say I believe by faith, they have a hell lot more faith than me.
Science doesn't require faith, that's why you ignorant people are worried and have to keep your cult members from becoming educated.
Growupchildren

London, UK

#15 Jul 29, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
If it's so perfect, why can't you accept this universes' Atheists or scientific evidence?

What have you got against your own god's work?
Growupchildren

London, UK

#16 Jul 29, 2014
In one sentence they say the world is perfect, in another they compare Atheists to Hitler.

Let's ask why Stalin, Hitler and others even exists in this "perfect world"

And we will hear nothing but silence from the religious liars.
Growupchildren

London, UK

#17 Jul 29, 2014
Carchar king wrote:
The only reason you know about amazing creatures on this planet, is because scientists explored he world and discovered them based on evididence.

But it is this very same evidence you reject, when it comes to confronting your god-myth.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#18 Jul 29, 2014
Growupchildren wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is a fact and Creationism is a proven mental illness.
Kenneth, what is the frequency?
religionisillnes s

London, UK

#19 Jul 29, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Kenneth, what is the frequency?
Creationism is a mental illness and thats a fact.
religionisillnes s

London, UK

#20 Jul 29, 2014
You can judge yourself all you like, but you're ignorant and have no evidence that god is real.

Nobody is fooled by your childish cult buck.

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#21 Jul 30, 2014
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CB/CB910.h...
Creationist Claim CB910:
No new species have been observed.
Response:
New species have arisen in historical times. For example:
[See multiple examples at the link]
Ok. What I will say will prove Evolution.

There were Apes and there were humans many years ago. They both looked like each other. Therefore, Humans came from Apes!!!

That's what Atheists call evidence. That's what Evolutionists call Theory.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Paul Porter1 85,386
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 3 hr Paul Porter1 4,710
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 9 hr Dogen 33,127
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) 13 hr superwilly 111
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Sun Into The Night 5,144
News Egypt's parliament takes serious actions to com... Sun emperorjohn 1
News Egyptian Parliament considers outlawing atheism Sun emperorjohn 1
More from around the web