2-Sep-13 - When Is Religion a Religion?

2-Sep-13 - When Is Religion a Religion?

There are 3 comments on the Global Catholic Network EWTN story from Sep 2, 2013, titled 2-Sep-13 - When Is Religion a Religion?. In it, Global Catholic Network EWTN reports that:

Canada's Rights Laws Continue to Astound By Father John Flynn, LC ROME, August 30, 2013 - Atheism is "a creed that needs the same religious protections of Christianity and Islam," stated a headline in the National Post newspaper on Aug. 27. Canada's human rights tribunals and rights charters have certainly provided ample scope for commentary on ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Global Catholic Network EWTN.

“you must not give faith”

Since: Jul 12

Nottingham, UK

#1 Sep 3, 2013
This made me stop reading.
""Protection against discrimination because of religion, in my view, must include protection of the applicants' belief that there is no deity," wrote David A. Wright, associate chair of the commission, the National Post article reported.

Atheism, it seems then, is a sort of religious creed or belief system, and should receive the protection of laws governing religious freedom."
No, Mr Wright is saying that the lack of religion must be protected in the same way as those with religion are!
I thought they would try is...
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#2 Sep 3, 2013
trying to make atheism into religion aint gonna fly,no matter how much the kristains would wish to...
Amused

Lowell, MA

#3 Sep 9, 2013
From the catholic global network, not exactly the place I'd go first if I was looking for an objective piece on atheism. The author seems to be 'astounded' that the right of atheists not to believe deserves any official recognition or protection.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 24 min Zog Has-fallen 19,098
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Knowledge- 239,516
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr woodtick57 7,500
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr Pahu 2,219
News Phil Robertson talks against Atheists 10 hr Rosa_Winkel 134
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 11 hr NoahLovesU 7,503
News New Atheism's fatal arrogance: The glaring inte... 17 hr Knowledge- 6
More from around the web