The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#5740 Aug 9, 2014
Anything posted by joylessgodbot8118

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...

Really, just anything she/he posts. Anything at all.
joylessgodbot8118 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice supporting evidence there. Oh wait...I mean nice defaming accusation there, with no supporting evidence. I've never even heard of that name. I just posted it because it was a good message. Most of you atheists/unbelievers here are morally corrupt and FOS, but that doesn't mean you all don't have something worthwhile to say once in a blue moon.:)
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
Richardfs

Merrylands, Australia

#5741 Aug 10, 2014
Eagle 12 wrote:
<quoted text>
And you believe in a book that says a 25,000 pound Tyrannosaurus was playing basketball then jumps, grows wings and turns into a bird.
A horse runs into the ocean and becomes a 50 ton whale.
And all life self started when lightning struck a puddle of mud.
A hummingbird evolved from pot belly pigs.
Scooter, your book is a hell of a lot more far fetched than ours.
Take your skate board back home. You have a game of angry birds waiting for you.
Godbots are always funny when they try to mock science.

Location hidden

#5742 Aug 10, 2014
They're even funnier when they try to do math.

Location hidden

#5743 Aug 10, 2014
Buckyihaveablackholewheremybra inshouldbeduck, is always good for gibberish of the godbottery kind:
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Which improved your life more - the discovery of black holes or the discovery of their non-existence?

For myself, the latter improved my life more, because it gave me one more thing with which to ridicule materialists who think only science can uncover "truth".

"Reality and truth" is not determined by whether it "generates useful knowledge".

That would make truth entirely subjective.

For instance, for me, knowing an "infinite density" is physically impossible was useful to me, because it allowed me to conclude there are no black holes and Stephen Hawking is full of crap. I used that knowledge to ridicule him on Topix some years ago.

Now, for Hawking to disallow black holes, the knowledge for Topix atheists is entirely useless, because they believe in it through faith.

So, we have the same particle of knowledge - useful to one, useless to another.
^ptag today^

Location hidden

#5744 Aug 10, 2014
Oops.
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>Which improved your life more - the discovery of black holes or the discovery of their non-existence?

For myself, the latter improved my life more, because it gave me one more thing with which to ridicule materialists who think only science can uncover "truth".

"Reality and truth" is not determined by whether it "generates useful knowledge".

For instance, for me, knowing an "infinite density" is physically impossible was useful to me, because it allowed me to conclude there are no black holes and Stephen Hawking is full of crap. I used that knowledge to ridicule him on Topix some years ago.

Now, for Hawking to disallow black holes, the knowledge for Topix atheists is entirely useless, because they believe in it through faith.

^ptag today^

Location hidden

#5745 Aug 10, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:

Prove there's a god

Location hidden

#5746 Aug 10, 2014
Appy polly loggies for the multiple posts, technical issues.
Siro

Wiley Park, Australia

#5747 Aug 10, 2014
And yet no atheism can repudiate my response to 20 questions for a theist.
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

Location hidden

#5749 Aug 10, 2014
Siro wrote:
And yet no atheism can repudiate my response to 20 questions for a theist.
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
What's to repudiate? You basically answered all the questions with many words that amount to ~god magic done it~

http://i.imgur.com/Z0pwWxJ.jpg

Many thanks for posting direct, saves us time to complete additional Atheist Agendas.
Growupchildren

East Barnet, UK

#5753 Aug 10, 2014
Mr Duplicity wrote:
<quoted text> I like the way you think virtuanna. Most Atheist seem to have a God Complex and they are as Adamant as any Christian about their belief.
Another arrogant religious idiot who can't disprove atheism, but proves he has a big mouth instead.
Growupchildren

East Barnet, UK

#5754 Aug 10, 2014
Mr Duplicity wrote:
<quoted text> Being gay is so GQ, so is Atheism and Interracial couples. Pity!
When you can prove the god your cult sent you here to try and sell us, you won't make yourself look like such a tool.
Patrick

United States

#5755 Aug 10, 2014
Skeptic wrote :
Growupchildren wrote:
<quoted text>
When you can prove the god your cult sent you here to try and sell us, you won't make yourself look like such a tool.

Location hidden

#5756 Aug 10, 2014
Riverside Redneck/PQueen/Stilgar wins again, here we see the christian boo hooing about the Noah movie not being true to the babble:
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>They made a movie from a story in the Bible. They got so many things wrong, "artistic license" doesn't give their wild imaginations enough justice.

The producers claimed that they held very closely to the story as written in the Bible; "I think we stayed very true to the story and didn’t really deviate from the Bible." -Scott Franklin

Really? Here's a list of some of the major things they got wrong:

1. Only one son takes his wife on the Ark in the movie, while in the Bible all three sons had wives with them.

2. Noah decides who will be worthy board the Ark, while in the Bible it is GOD who chooses.

3. The son with the wife has twin daughters, which are perhaps supposed to be the future wives of the other two sons. This was not written in the Bible.

4. Noah seeks advice from his grandfather Methuselah to understand a vision by God; this never happened. Apparently in the movie Noah really never understands God.

5. Methuselah is shown to be sort of a witch-doctor with mental health issues.

6. Noah has no concern for the people who will be killed in the flood, but the Bible says he was a “preacher of righteousness,” which would make his lack of concern out of character.

7. When Noah learns that his son’s wife is expecting, he says if it is a girl she should be killed because God doesn’t want to repopulate the world. Yet in the Bible we find that repopulation is exactly why Noah and his family — all eight of them — are saved.

8. A wounded man cuts his way into the Ark and eats animals to stay alive as a stowaway, and even tries to kill Noah. The Bible says no one but the eight of Noah’s family were on the Ark, and none of the animals died on the journey.

9. Noah teaches theistic evolution to his family while on board the Ark.

10. The “nephilim” are giant rock-creatures, help Noah build the Ark, and defend the Ark in battle.
I may actually watch it now.
Siro

Sydney, Australia

#5757 Aug 10, 2014
curiouslu wrote:
<quoted text>
What's to repudiate? You basically answered all the questions with many words that amount to ~god magic done it~
http://i.imgur.com/Z0pwWxJ.jpg
Many thanks for posting direct, saves us time to complete additional Atheist Agendas.
Your marxist owner bob posted the questions, i answered them.
If you think that i am wrong you should be able to repudiate each one of them or else answer those questions for yourself.
I know you cannot, you know you cannot.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#5761 Aug 11, 2014
over 2000 years and still no evidence for the existence of their god

Location hidden

#5762 Aug 11, 2014
Bloody hell.
Stilgar Fifrawi wrote:
<quoted text>Do you understand that there's a difference between faith and blind faith?

Faith: Complete trust or confidence in something.

Blind Faith: Having faith in something without any evidence.

Atheists have blind faith in naturalism, abiogenesis and the multiverse as well as other hypotheses which have no evidence.
Patrick

United States

#5763 Aug 12, 2014
Bogie & Bacall: A Hollywood Romance for the Ages
With the passing of film legend Lauren Bacall, let us revisit one of the greatest love affairs in the history of cinema.
“You know how to whistle, don’t you, Steve? You just put your lips together, and…blow.” With that seductive line, delivered with a steely glare and husky voice, the world was introduced to a screen siren for the ages: Lauren Bacall. The line, later named the 34th greatest in the history of cinema by the American Film Institute, was delivered in Howard Hawks’s To Have and Have Not and written by none other than William Faulkner. And the dumbstruck man on the receiving end of the double entendre was Humphrey Bogart who, at 44, had a quarter of a century on this sultry, 19-year-old ingénue. It was the beginning of a beautiful romance—one that would become part of Hollywood lore.

Bacall, who passed away August 12 at 89 after suffering a stroke in her home, leaves behind a rich screen and stage résumé that includes two Tony Awards (for Applause in ’70 and Woman of the Year in ’81), an Academy Award nomination (The Mirror Has Two Faces,’96), and a number of classic films, including To Have and Have Not, The Big Sleep, and Key Largo. In addition to her stellar body of work, she will always be remembered for being the no-nonsense half of Bogie and Bacall.

After being discovered by the wife of filmmaker Hawks in the pages of Harper’s Bazaar, Betty Joan Perske signed a four-page contract in May 1943, placing her under Hawks’s control for up to seven years at a starting salary of $100 a week. Hawks helped create what would become Bacall’s onscreen persona—tough yet tender, a dame to kill for. He told her to change her name to “Lauren Bacall”(she was Jewish), had his wife update her style from homemaker to movie star, and advised the aspiring actress to rid herself of her Bronx accent by driving out to a deserted spot along Mulholland Drive and reading aloud from the 1942 novel The Robe, to develop a lower, smokier, and—yes—sexier voice.

“He was standing behind me—we were joking as usual—when suddenly he leaned over, put his hand under my chin and kissed me.”

Location hidden

#5764 Aug 12, 2014
Face palm.
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>There were no Hindu tribes in 1st century Palestine.
Patrick

United States

#5765 Aug 13, 2014
silly

Around 10,000 South Korean Protestants gathered at a convention center near Seoul on Tuesday to protest Pope Francis’ upcoming trip to the country.

Location hidden

#5766 Aug 13, 2014
jesus christ! He's on a roll.
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>The point is how did a 1200 year old passage from a Hindu holy book in India get into a gospel of the New Testament?

Did Jesus study Hindu writings, or was it the author who studied them?

Why would Jesus or the writer of John plagiarize the passage practically word for word?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 hr Science 32,988
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 hr replaytime 81,558
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 15 hr Eagle 12 - 3,978
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... Tue Science 2,188
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) Oct 11 old_moose 233
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) Oct 10 blacklagoon 3 94
Deconversion (Feb '17) Oct 10 Eagle 12 - 145
More from around the web