The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#5535 Oct 23, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You could not live long enough to make it to any planet that "might" be habitable, dumbass. Champagne dreams are only reasonable when they are made about places on Earth.
Thinking about yourself, I see.

What we learn today may send generations next to the stars.

But why even bother?

After all, the generations before us trying to learn about the universe were silly pipe dreams that yielded nothing worthwhile, right?

“My name is Trunks...”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#5536 Nov 5, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Wormholes are quite possible under the current models.
Your near-total ignorance is quite disturbing.
Do you have to close your eyes-- to have sufficient brain-power to breathe from moment to moment?
One wonders...
Hey, came here to hang out, away from the scum on the Christian forum. It's like a jungle over there. The people have nothing better to do with their lives than tear up others emotionally, Bob. It's sad to see how religion divides people and spreads hate.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#5537 Nov 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Wormholes are quite possible under the current models.
Your near-total ignorance is quite disturbing.
Do you have to close your eyes-- to have sufficient brain-power to breathe from moment to moment?
One wonders...
http://www.space.com/20881-wormholes.html
"Science fiction is filled with tales of traveling through wormholes. But the reality of such travel is more complicated, and not just because we've yet to spot one.

The first problem is size. Primordial wormholes are predicted to exist on microscopic levels, about 10–33 centimeters. However, as the universe expands, it is possible that some may have been stretched to larger sizes.

Another problem comes from stability. The predicted Einstein-Rosen wormholes would be useless for travel because they collapse quickly. But more recent research found that a wormhole containing "exotic" matter could stay open and unchanging for longer periods of time."

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#5538 Nov 6, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Its wrong to assume scientifically impossible things are "possible" when evidence says differently.
That is why god is impossible and not real, until proven. That's how logic works and how a-priori logic functions in this universe.
There are many things science has claimed to be true that turned out not to be. There are also things science claimed at some time not to be possible and it turned out not only to be possible, but actual. Until science can positively prove there is no such thing, I will leave it open. There are just too many things over time which have been claimed by science which have been overturned for me to do otherwise. You of course are free to see it any way you wish.

I think when we claim something that has not been proven, we are setting ourselves up in the same way that the extreme right-wing fundamentalists have set themselves up.

There is no way any deity as described by holy books, and more especially described by right-wing extremist Christians, can exist. The God of each fundamentalist Christian is just like they themselves are and hates exactly the same things they hate. It's funny though, while pointing a finger at others for slight indiscretions they seem overly ignorant of their own massive indiscretions.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#5539 Nov 6, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
until a definition of god exists, which isnt complete bollocks, it safe to assume god a made up sh*t that weak minded humans invented because they were too stupid to conduct science or verify any lies told by mentally ill storytellers.
Were the people of 900 BC capable of conducting science as we do today? Have any of the scientists of today tried to prove or disprove that there is a God or even try to define such a being? It is my personal belief that there is no God as described in any holy book because they are Gods of superstition and of lack of knowledge. That does not mean that some supreme being(s) cannot exist. If you think human beings are the only intelligent beings in the universe, then I would say you have a very egoistic view of the human race without proof that they are the most intelligent beings in the universe.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#5540 Nov 6, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd have to say the exploration of space is much more humbling than the miracles of the Bible.
From the time of Galileo to Carl Sagan's Pale Blue Dot to that video showing how small we are in the universe.
And yet, all that does for me is to imagine what we can do if we were to put aside the petty bickering of the dogma of religion.
But too many "great" apes only wish to secure their food and mating and yacht sources in this little corner of the world of this little solar system in this little galaxy of this (little?) universe.
Most of the 'miracles' in the Bible (see those of Moses in the high court) are easily reproduced today by mediocre slight-of-hand artists. Yet in that time it was easy to fool the population. That is partly because they were kept ignorant by the powers that be and partly because it's all they had to believe in.

I still think (as someone else said) that we are not afraid that we have no power, but of how powerful we really are. If we conceded to our own power then we would have to take responsibility for every word, every act, and every thought. Most people on this planet aren't even willing to think for themselves, much less have an idea that they can do all things if they give themself the chance to do so.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#5541 Nov 6, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>So, what does your god teach, Ms. I'm Not An Atheist?
Now you know how far you're going to get with this question. Why do you even ask? Is it so you can point a finger and chide? Remember what Jesus had to say about those with no sin throwing the first stone. When you become absolutely perfect, come talk to me about how your God exists, much less is the right one. I don't believe in a 'man in the sky' God. That's all you'll get, as it's what I've said a million times on Topix.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#5542 Nov 6, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It makes sense considering that this IS the only place that is habitable, loon.
You're absolutely wrong. Several planets have recently been discovered that could sustain life as we know it. But you're not much for science.

If you are an example of what is the most intelligent thing in the universe, the universe is in dire trouble.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#5543 Nov 6, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You could not live long enough to make it to any planet that "might" be habitable, dumbass. Champagne dreams are only reasonable when they are made about places on Earth.
You really can't see beyond the end of your nose, can you? Please tell us how you know this. Please provide the truth of this with facts and not your own champagne dreams. I am constantly amazed at the shortsightedness of people who think their deity made the whole universe but wasn't able to place life anywhere but on this paltry planet. I am especially more amazed at this when the God of your Bible says he made many worlds. But you people don't really believe your Bible, much less read any more of it than what you are told to read for your Sunday School lesson.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#5544 Nov 6, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Travelling at a "comfortable for humans" speed of 18,000 MPH it would take you almost 372,000 years to reach the closest exoplanet that was found at 10.5 light years away from Earth.
http://school.discoveryeducation.com/schoolad...
Your brain would be fried from high energy radiation exposure LONG before you made it past the first 2 years. Loon.
So you think that because humans haven't found a way to travel to distant planets/galaxies which may contain intelligent life that they do not exist? That's funny. That's very funny.

If I were you I'd go down to the nearest research center and let them examine your brain for radiation damage (or any other damage caused by a religious fervor that causes you to be so short-sighted and narrow minded.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#5545 Nov 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Who said you had to travel at light speed? You never heard of a worm hole? Or multidimensional travel?
Sure-- humans can't do this-- but that doesn't mean it's impossible.
You are so very limited it is sad.
But that **is** what faith does: it severely compromises a person's brain, such that they cannot LEARN.
You demonstrate a severe lack of learning pretty much every time you post.
What a wasted potential you represent.
Her extremist religion teaches her not to educate herself, not to think for herself, not to do anything that might make her see that the universe is so wonderfully amazing that we cannot truly conceive it. As the chasm of not knowing is closed by information brought in by man made machines that continue to discover what is truly out there, the mind can expand each and every day. But people like her will never accept that there is more 'out there' than we have even been able to imagine so far. She and others like her will continue on a flat earth mentality until they die, never having dreamed of how vast and marvelous this universe in which we live truly is.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#5546 Nov 6, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>shaddup,'tard.
I see you return to your attempted insults every time you are confronted with an intelligent comment. Thank you for showing you really don't have the knowledge, intelligence or anything else that can converse about anything other than your fableous deity.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#5547 Nov 6, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
Science remains silent on atheism
Science is silent on religion. Not a single scientist (at least one who is rational) has set out to prove or disprove a god of any sort. There are those whose thinking process is proven a hay day for scientists who use critical thinking who have tried to do so, but they are few and far between. The reason for that is that scientists are not in need of proving or disproving a God. They are in need of seeing how the universe and everything in it WORKS, not how it was created. No scientist has EVER claimed that life began with the Big Bang and not been laughed out loud at by other credible scientists. That's because scientists know there had to be something there for the Big Bang to happen. Your holy book on the other hand says that your God created something out of nothing. It is not scientists who say that.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#5548 Nov 6, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
At least you've retreated to a single line of bullsh*t, instead of the wall that most creationists produce.
Walls that say absolutely nothing and provide no evidence of what they claim. I personally would believe in their gods (all religions) if they could only provide one ounce of evidence other than 'you can't see the wind but you can feel it'.

“Shoot for the stars”

Planet Earth

#5549 Nov 6, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Now you know how far you're going to get with this question. Why do you even ask? Is it so you can point a finger and chide? Remember what Jesus had to say about those with no sin throwing the first stone. When you become absolutely perfect, come talk to me about how your God exists, much less is the right one. I don't believe in a 'man in the sky' God. That's all you'll get, as it's what I've said a million times on Topix.
Exactly! The sky daddy religion refuses to respect the beliefs of others and jump at the opportunity to criticize and condemn instead of learning and respecting chosen beliefs of others.

“Shoot for the stars”

Planet Earth

#5550 Nov 6, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I see you return to your attempted insults every time you are confronted with an intelligent comment. Thank you for showing you really don't have the knowledge, intelligence or anything else that can converse about anything other than your fableous deity.
If you ever decide to take a glance over in the Christian forums, the must vile, disgusting, insulting, discriminating and hateful posts are posted by many self proclaimed Christians. Unbelievable!

“Shoot for the stars”

Planet Earth

#5551 Nov 6, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> You're absolutely wrong. Several planets have recently been discovered that could sustain life as we know it. But you're not much for science.
If you are an example of what is the most intelligent thing in the universe, the universe is in dire trouble.
Also, our planet is fairly young. There are far much older planets out there meeting the goldilock zone requirements, which means to me anyway, there's always the possibility for other life forms out there.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#5552 Nov 6, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
That you know for now.
That, I agree with.
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#5553 Nov 6, 2013
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly! The sky daddy religion refuses to respect the beliefs of others and jump at the opportunity to criticize and condemn instead of learning and respecting chosen beliefs of others.
Look who's talking, the biggest hypocrites on Topix. You've committed your entire waking lives to reviling a religion you hate. No one is going to respect someone who refuses to respect others.
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#5554 Nov 6, 2013
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Also, our planet is fairly young. There are far much older planets out there meeting the goldilock zone requirements, which means to me anyway, there's always the possibility for other life forms out there.
Being in a zone considered as "habitable" merely because of distance from its sun does not make it habitable for humans. There must be seasons and temperatures that would allow for food plants to grow.

Older only means they have had much longer exposure to high energy, gamma ray bursts than the Earth has, ergo, even less likelihood of life existing there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 min Dogen 51,765
News Fox Friends Outraged Over Atheists 'Making Chri... 4 min Rev Cash Dollar 201
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr Eagle 12 22,125
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) 1 hr Eagle 12 1,657
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 1 hr Eagle 12 11,409
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 hr scientia potentia... 24,688
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... Tue Dogen 460
More from around the web