|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>You know what I am saying and now you are splitting hairs to back away from your elitist statement.
:p
Um, why would I back away from an elitist statement?

You do realize I insult the US on a regular basis as well, right? Not very elitist to think that the country sucks, is it?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>The next step is admitting that you are a proponent of genocide. As long as it isn't part of your tribe that is getting slaughtered it doesn't matter, right?
Not even close. You are really bad at this game, do you need some practice?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>You are purposefully misrepresenting what was said. Do you or do you not think that 'some lives are more valuable' than others? Do you think the life of the person in South Africa holds the same value as your life? Or are you so self-centered that you think your life holds more value? Do you think that the person of the opposite gender has less value than does yours? Do you think that the life of a gay person has less value than yours? How about a person with cancer or who lost limbs in the Boston bombing? Are their lives less valuable than yours? We're not talking about friendships here. We are talking about a life view.
People I know, are more valuable to me, yes.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
People I know, are more valuable to me, yes.
Yeah-- I think so too.

So feel free to call me a "human elitist" or a "human chauvinist" with respect to the other species.

Sure-- I am against wanton or deliberate cruelty-- that goes for ANY life forms on the planet too.

On the other hand? If it ever boils down to a choice between a human life (no matter who, no matter how messed up they are) or the life of a NON-human creature?

I am SO going to choose the human. No matter the circumstances.

For some odd reason, I think that each human should be permitted to live out the totality of the years they are allotted by the combination of their genes and random chance of their circumstances.

Without exception-- sure, some folk simply must be isolated and/or locked up where they cannot harm others.

But don't kill'em. Never that-- there really is no need, anyway.

And what if a cure for what had ailed them comes along? You gonna dig up their grave and apologize?

Hardly.
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

I agree that lives should have equal value. But I don't feel that way. When my last dog died, I was far more upset about that than I was about the 2004 or 2011 tsunamis.

That's why I give to charitable causes, to guiltily bridge that gap between what I do feel (metaphorically, the heart view), and what I've rationalised I should feel (metaphorically, the head view), for the greater good of us all.
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>You are purposefully misrepresenting what was said. Do you or do you not think that 'some lives are more valuable' than others? Do you think the life of the person in South Africa holds the same value as your life? Or are you so self-centered that you think your life holds more value? Do you think that the person of the opposite gender has less value than does yours? Do you think that the life of a gay person has less value than yours? How about a person with cancer or who lost limbs in the Boston bombing? Are their lives less valuable than yours? We're not talking about friendships here. We are talking about a life view.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even close. You are really bad at this game, do you need some practice?
What game? Oh, you mean the game where the lives 500,000 Iraqi children that died of starvation because of sanctions placed on the country by the U.S are not as important as the three people in the Boston bombing. That game? Sorry, I didn't see it as a game.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>You just make sh*t up every time you know you're wrong, don't you? You have no answers so you start attacking the other person, who by the way, has not attacked you.
nope.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
You do not personally value the lives of your immediate family compared to some random old man in a British nursing home?
<quoted text>
I value the lives of my immediate family the same as I value my own. Which is no more than a random old man in a British nursing home.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>What game? Oh, you mean the game where the lives 500,000 Iraqi children that died of starvation because of sanctions placed on the country by the U.S are not as important as the three people in the Boston bombing. That game? Sorry, I didn't see it as a game.
Shut the f*ck up you stupid theist troll, the game is up. Come back in two weeks like you always do when defeated on this forum.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I value the lives of my immediate family the same as I value my own. Which is no more than a random old man in a British nursing home.
Another lame attempt to change the subject away from the fact that you are a theist troll with no proof of god.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Run along little ticked, you're going to have to wait a little longer this time before coming back, as we will all remember your stupidity.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Shut the f*ck up you stupid theist troll, the game is up. Come back in two weeks like you always do when defeated on this forum.
Has anyone ever suggested Haldol to you before?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>What game? Oh, you mean the game where the lives 500,000 Iraqi children that died of starvation because of sanctions placed on the country by the U.S are not as important as the three people in the Boston bombing. That game? Sorry, I didn't see it as a game.
Yet .. you ignore the thousands of African children that die of starvation and preventable diseases every year.

Since: Mar 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

So would you mourn if one of your beloved family members died?
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I value the lives of my immediate family the same as I value my own. Which is no more than a random old man in a British nursing home.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
So would you mourn if one of your beloved family members died?
<quoted text>
Oh, I think he would without a doubt-- he may act the ivory-tower sometimes, but he's still >>human<<.

And unless a person is a sociopath like the fictional Dexter, humans do mourn when those they care for/love are injured or die.

It's a mammalian thing-- it's what all mammals do, after all--

We're talking about deeply ingrained instinctive behaviors here.

Unless you are a RePublican, of course-- then? Not so much...

;)

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
That is so sweet.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't defeated anybody, anywhere, wussy.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Has anyone ever suggested Haldol to you before?
I think he needs a lobotomy like the guy in Session Nine.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet .. you ignore the thousands of African children that die of starvation and preventable diseases every year.
Bullshyt! Millions of U.S. tax dollars are spent in Africa every year to help the sick, displaced and hungry, but it is a bottomless pit of need that no other political entity can fix. Their vast, infinitely replenished numbers make it impossible to "cure" their problems, especially when they make so little effort to help themselves.

Screw you and your lame ass red herring.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Don't get me started on those idiot right wingers! If that turd munching Bush hadn't cheated Gore we wouldn't have gotten involved in all those idiot wars in the Middle East!
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I think he would without a doubt-- he may act the ivory-tower sometimes, but he's still >>human<<.

And unless a person is a sociopath like the fictional Dexter, humans do mourn when those they care for/love are injured or die.

It's a mammalian thing-- it's what all mammals do, after all--

We're talking about deeply ingrained instinctive behaviors here.

Unless you are a RePublican, of course-- then? Not so much...

;)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,581 - 4,600 of5,551
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••