The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#4699 Apr 30, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I am talking attitude not philosophy.
The stridently abrasive zealot thinks he/she is making a point "for" their cause. xD

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#4700 Apr 30, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
Have you ever laughed so hard you cried? I'm there.

:)

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#4701 Apr 30, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Says the Fundie.
Called a fundie by a poster who believes jesus rode on the backs of dinosaurs and that fossils aren't "real".

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#4702 Apr 30, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever laughed so hard you cried? I'm there.
:)
You can't break up a damning thread with your bullsh*t nanoanomaly. Facts are facts and you have no proof of god. You just can't face up to it.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#4703 Apr 30, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Called a fundie by a poster who believes jesus rode on the backs of dinosaurs and that fossils aren't "real".
ok , you are a fundie and a liar. I believe no such thing. You know that I don't. Thanks for discrediting yourself yet again.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#4704 Apr 30, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Says the loser with over 81,000 posts under this one moniker alone.
Why is it that only those without the ability to answer a post go to the number of posts the other person has made? Jealousy? Stupidity? Insecurity? Or, all of the aforementioned?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#4705 Apr 30, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody cares what you think, Alice.
FYI, sitting on your *tuck* too long can cause impotence.
xD
More proof that fundamentalist Christianity is for nasty, impotent, ignorant people.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#4706 Apr 30, 2013
So that's what you're doing?
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The stridently abrasive zealot thinks he/she is making a point "for" their cause. xD

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#4707 Apr 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost 8 billion people in this world. Could you possibly care about each one as much as the other? Are you saying you don't care about your friends more than some stranger? What about your "loved ones," are they no more important than a random, unknown, person on the opposite side of the world? You have no perspective if you do.
You are purposefully misrepresenting what was said. Do you or do you not think that 'some lives are more valuable' than others? Do you think the life of the person in South Africa holds the same value as your life? Or are you so self-centered that you think your life holds more value? Do you think that the person of the opposite gender has less value than does yours? Do you think that the life of a gay person has less value than yours? How about a person with cancer or who lost limbs in the Boston bombing? Are their lives less valuable than yours? We're not talking about friendships here. We are talking about a life view.

Scottsburg, IN

#4708 Apr 30, 2013
You do not personally value the lives of your immediate family compared to some random old man in a British nursing home?
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>So then , you agree that you are a tribalist and that you believe that some lives are more valuable than others..

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#4709 Apr 30, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>The next step is admitting that you are a proponent of genocide. As long as it isn't part of your tribe that is getting slaughtered it doesn't matter, right?
You just make sh*t up every time you know you're wrong, don't you? You have no answers so you start attacking the other person, who by the way, has not attacked you.

Scottsburg, IN

#4710 Apr 30, 2013
And then dub himself a free thinker afterwords :))
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>You just make sh*t up every time you know you're wrong, don't you? You have no answers so you start attacking the other person, who by the way, has not attacked you.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#4711 Apr 30, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>You know what I am saying and now you are splitting hairs to back away from your elitist statement.
:p
Um, why would I back away from an elitist statement?

You do realize I insult the US on a regular basis as well, right? Not very elitist to think that the country sucks, is it?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#4712 Apr 30, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>The next step is admitting that you are a proponent of genocide. As long as it isn't part of your tribe that is getting slaughtered it doesn't matter, right?
Not even close. You are really bad at this game, do you need some practice?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#4713 Apr 30, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>You are purposefully misrepresenting what was said. Do you or do you not think that 'some lives are more valuable' than others? Do you think the life of the person in South Africa holds the same value as your life? Or are you so self-centered that you think your life holds more value? Do you think that the person of the opposite gender has less value than does yours? Do you think that the life of a gay person has less value than yours? How about a person with cancer or who lost limbs in the Boston bombing? Are their lives less valuable than yours? We're not talking about friendships here. We are talking about a life view.
People I know, are more valuable to me, yes.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4714 Apr 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
People I know, are more valuable to me, yes.
Yeah-- I think so too.

So feel free to call me a "human elitist" or a "human chauvinist" with respect to the other species.

Sure-- I am against wanton or deliberate cruelty-- that goes for ANY life forms on the planet too.

On the other hand? If it ever boils down to a choice between a human life (no matter who, no matter how messed up they are) or the life of a NON-human creature?

I am SO going to choose the human. No matter the circumstances.

For some odd reason, I think that each human should be permitted to live out the totality of the years they are allotted by the combination of their genes and random chance of their circumstances.

Without exception-- sure, some folk simply must be isolated and/or locked up where they cannot harm others.

But don't kill'em. Never that-- there really is no need, anyway.

And what if a cure for what had ailed them comes along? You gonna dig up their grave and apologize?

Hardly.
Thinking

Dundee, UK

#4715 Apr 30, 2013
I agree that lives should have equal value. But I don't feel that way. When my last dog died, I was far more upset about that than I was about the 2004 or 2011 tsunamis.

That's why I give to charitable causes, to guiltily bridge that gap between what I do feel (metaphorically, the heart view), and what I've rationalised I should feel (metaphorically, the head view), for the greater good of us all.
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>You are purposefully misrepresenting what was said. Do you or do you not think that 'some lives are more valuable' than others? Do you think the life of the person in South Africa holds the same value as your life? Or are you so self-centered that you think your life holds more value? Do you think that the person of the opposite gender has less value than does yours? Do you think that the life of a gay person has less value than yours? How about a person with cancer or who lost limbs in the Boston bombing? Are their lives less valuable than yours? We're not talking about friendships here. We are talking about a life view.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#4716 May 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even close. You are really bad at this game, do you need some practice?
What game? Oh, you mean the game where the lives 500,000 Iraqi children that died of starvation because of sanctions placed on the country by the U.S are not as important as the three people in the Boston bombing. That game? Sorry, I didn't see it as a game.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#4717 May 1, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>You just make sh*t up every time you know you're wrong, don't you? You have no answers so you start attacking the other person, who by the way, has not attacked you.
nope.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#4718 May 1, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
You do not personally value the lives of your immediate family compared to some random old man in a British nursing home?
<quoted text>
I value the lives of my immediate family the same as I value my own. Which is no more than a random old man in a British nursing home.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 min Chimney1 40,273
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr woodtick57 20,580
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Aura Mytha 255,908
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr gin ertz 3,745
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Aura Mytha 15,753
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 3 hr IB DaMann 182
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 5 hr emperorjohn 4,627
More from around the web