Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Okay that is effing funny lol :))
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>I drive whenever I can with the roof down, even in minus temperatures. I'm not tanned, just sandblasted and rusting.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Thinking wrote:
Difficult to tell. It may be that the older brother didn't want to die but that the younger one did. It may be that he was dumb enough not to save a bullet for himself before he passed out from blood loss. Who knows?
It doesn't really matter. What matters is that a city can be confined to house arrest by two islamist morons. That is not acceptable.
<quoted text>
I agree-- it is unacceptable.

I do not have a ready solution, though.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
I think they both thought they had got away with it. No attempt to leave the city let alone the country.
Social media trumped the will of Allah!
<quoted text>
Social Media has done wonders on the world's stage--it's the next wave of information-exchange.

We are becoming un-private with each passing day...

...for good or ill.

:)
Thinking

Poole, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

It's a tough balance, isn't it?

I wonder if a curfew would have been respected over here?
No one gets in the way of taking our dog to the pub.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree-- it is unacceptable.
I do not have a ready solution, though.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Normal Flora wrote:
Normal Flora wrote:
When dealing with godbots, it is best to remember the following:
There are two kinds of people,
1) Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
Godbot responded:
what does that mean ? and whats the second kind ?
LMAO!

Love it!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Thinking wrote:
It's a tough balance, isn't it?
I wonder if a curfew would have been respected over here?
No one gets in the way of taking our dog to the pub.
<quoted text>
I suspect it wasn't respected all that carefully, even in Boston.

But enough, it seems, to have made a slight difference in the end.

We cannot know, though as it's done.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Lol! Classic!
Normal Flora wrote:
Normal Flora wrote:
When dealing with godbots, it is best to remember the following:
There are two kinds of people,
1) Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

Godbot responded:
what does that mean ? and whats the second kind ?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Your little known psychological fact is wrong. I see 'projection' being misused constantly in these parts.
How can I be projecting when I am saying that the deaths of 500,000 children in the middle east are thrown out and forgotten but the death of three Americans is somehow a 'tragedy'?
Well, for one, I live on one of the Americas, specifically the northern one, in the country of the USA.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Exactly. No matter what country you live in of course people close to you suffering and being killed is going to resonate more with you vs someone on the other side of the globe.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Well, for one, I live on one of the Americas, specifically the northern one, in the country of the USA.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Social barrier! Your opinion doesn't mean much. I'm sure there's plenty of evil in you. Now go dance and
You can use 'social barrier' as much as you like. The only social barrier here is in your mind and an excuse you use not to have a decent conversation.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
it's not a top university, it produced you: a person that believes that jesus rode on the backs of dinosaurs.
Also you've presented no proof whatsoever that you actually went there.
You're full of sh*t creationist.
Maybe he/she uses the term 'social barrier' because they were refused at that elite college. I would almost bet on it. Now they have to claim they actually went there in order to build up their self esteem as an anonymous poster among total strangers on an obscure thread on the internet.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
Like this one?
god\ˈgäd also ˈgȯd\
noun
1 capitalized : the supreme or ultimate reality:
Oh look at the very first word! LOL
"CAPITALIZED"
Sorry about that "watered down".
M&M
An actual dictionary that explains the difference between belief and actuality. But you wouldn't accept that.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the tip-- I may have to resort to internet teas.
I do so prefer shopping at local teashops, though. I do like the small business model (as most local teashops are).
I have to go all the way north of Atlanta to get good chamomile flowers. It's just so much easier to buy on the internet when you lack the time to make the drive. And the traffic is hell.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
It was the first one I looked at. Didn't take much effort to prove out an atheist lie.
Typical godbot. I'm not an atheist silly, just an educated person who looks beyond the indoctrination. You should try it. It will make you more honest.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>So you're answering for "Mary" now? Or did you forget which name you posted it under and which one you were posting as when you replied? LOL! It must take lots of effort to keep up wwith the lies
Forgetting to change socks is a characteristic of fundies.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol! I'm glad it bothers you. I can see that you hate theists who are more successful than you.
I have to wonder at all the theists who claim to be so successful while spending so much time on Topix. You don't see Warren Buffet, Donald Trump, Christy Walton, Barbara Cox Anthony, Bill Gates, David Koch, George Soros or any of the other world's most wealthy people posting on Topix. In fact, you don't see extremely successful people posting on Topix. You may see some of us that worked hard all their lives and who can live a rather nice existence in retirement posting here, but really successful people who are running a business aren't on Topix. They are growing their business and taking care of it. So all your claims of being a successful college grad and business person are simply silly.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Exactly. No matter what country you live in of course people close to you suffering and being killed is going to resonate more with you vs someone on the other side of the globe.
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Nationalism is tribalism
Ya love the us vs. them crap don't ya?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I have to wonder at all the theists who claim to be so successful while spending so much time on Topix. You don't see Warren Buffet, Donald Trump, Christy Walton, Barbara Cox Anthony, Bill Gates, David Koch, George Soros or any of the other world's most wealthy people posting on Topix. In fact, you don't see extremely successful people posting on Topix. You may see some of us that worked hard all their lives and who can live a rather nice existence in retirement posting here, but really successful people who are running a business aren't on Topix. They are growing their business and taking care of it. So all your claims of being a successful college grad and business person are simply silly.
Indeed-- you are entirely correct.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I have to wonder at all the theists who claim to be so successful while spending so much time on Topix. You don't see Warren Buffet, Donald Trump, Christy Walton, Barbara Cox Anthony, Bill Gates, David Koch, George Soros or any of the other world's most wealthy people posting on Topix. In fact, you don't see extremely successful people posting on Topix. You may see some of us that worked hard all their lives and who can live a rather nice existence in retirement posting here, but really successful people who are running a business aren't on Topix. They are growing their business and taking care of it. So all your claims of being a successful college grad and business person are simply silly.
Bill Gates prefers LinkedIn. George, Donald, and Warren are Twitter junkies. I think the others are Facebook junkies but I don't know for certain as I am not on Facebook, I prefer G+ and even then don't actually post much on there.

Not saying you have a point, but just saying you should be careful about such absolute statements on what people do. Do you know who Smosh is? They make all their money on YouTube and merchandising, they're rich, because of YouTube, and spend almost all their time online, and always have. Judge not by where a person displays their knowledge, but judge by the content of what they post. The ignorance of the theists is glaringly clear in the words, well if you can translate them into English, that they post. Their lack of success is easily demonstrated by their sheer lack of education, self taught is still education.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

You love building straw men don't you?

I notice you presume wayyyy to much on here. Something not befitting a self proclaimed free thinker is it?

:)
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Nationalism is tribalism
Ya love the us vs. them crap don't ya?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 44 min Stilgar Fifrawi 224,077
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr Charchar king 192
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr religionisillness 834
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 3 hr religionisillness 361
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 hr Magyar 101 21,383
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 8 hr Patrick 16
Of Interest InTheNews 8 hr Patrick 3
•••
•••