“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4409 Apr 13, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I see Nano as one of those loud mouthed fat chicks from my high school days. The ones who purposely tried to irritate others then cried to the teacher when it backfired on them.
<quoted text>
Loud mouth, sure-- that fits.

But overweight? Maybe, maybe not-- she reminds me of those skeletal types that are eating dysfunctional, and as result are irritable to any and everyone they meet.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#4410 Apr 13, 2013
I said below average I didn't say how far below average. Remember those hard up for attention chicks back in high school who you would call for a blow job and she would be over pronto to happily do it? Afterwards you would let her hang out and blather on while playing PS2, good times! Betcha is she a former one of those.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>That good, huh?

My guess is she's not even that... ugly always shines through the veneer.

Lexington, KY

#4411 Apr 13, 2013
Could be. I'll go double or nothing if she also has like no friends and an old man ( if with a man ) who ignores her :)
<quoted text>Loud mouth, sure-- that fits.

But overweight? Maybe, maybe not-- she reminds me of those skeletal types that are eating dysfunctional, and as result are irritable to any and everyone they meet.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#4412 Apr 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Loud mouth, sure-- that fits.
Very dysfunctional, actually. The more neurotic a person is, the more worried about their physical appearance than about the quality of character, so they will do very dangerous things to make themselves look how they believe is "acceptable."

Want to know how to tell the difference between a healthy skinny and an unhealthy skinny? Skinny people who are starving themselves in an unhealthy way will have sunken eyes and you can see the blood around them, often described as "dark circles." A healthy skinny will not have sunken eyes, and you will not see the blood around the eyes so the skin coloring is the same as the surrounding skin. Scary thing, most skinny people are starving themselves.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#4413 Apr 13, 2013
Shibolet wrote:
<quoted text>
------
In motion; matter in motion. Time cannot exist in matter in the state of inertia. Time is an accident of motion.
And they wounder why we say they know nothing about science.
Lincoln

United States

#4414 Apr 13, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Very dysfunctional, actually. The more neurotic a person is, the more worried about their physical appearance than about the quality of character, so they will do very dangerous things to make themselves look how they believe is "acceptable."
Want to know how to tell the difference between a healthy skinny and an unhealthy skinny? Skinny people who are starving themselves in an unhealthy way will have sunken eyes and you can see the blood around them, often described as "dark circles." A healthy skinny will not have sunken eyes, and you will not see the blood around the eyes so the skin coloring is the same as the surrounding skin. Scary thing, most skinny people are starving themselves.
Good post, informative.

“I'm out hunting”

Since: Jan 10

For your mind and soul

#4415 Apr 13, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah blah blah
"Blah blah blah" is the basis of the Godbot arguments

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#4416 Apr 13, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>"Blah blah blah" is the basis of the Godbot arguments
Educational barrier is yours
Lincoln

United States

#4417 Apr 13, 2013
"Men that believe only what they understand can write their creed on a postage stamp."

Austin O'Malley

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#4418 Apr 13, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Educational barrier is yours
you keep talking about educational barrier, but you failed to get into a good university notre dame boy

Location hidden

#4419 Apr 13, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>you keep talking about educational barrier, but you failed to get into a good university notre dame boy
Sorry momma's boy but Notre Dame is a top university. Evidence was provided and the only argument you have is a lay opinion. Now go play with your blocks.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4420 Apr 13, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.

However, in some cases -- more than we may realize -- some skinny people who have the appearance of self-starving are simply plagued with "hidden" ailments, such as ulcerative colitis or crohn's disease or are a cancer-survivor with much of their guts removed (effectively starving them).

These people are mentally sane, but physically damaged.

I have some direct experience with some of the above, and there was a time when I was so skinny I had the dark circles you describe--not because I ate little, but because what I did eat, did not stay with me long enough.

I'm better now, and indeed, due to my age, have to watch my weight a wee bit for the first time in ... ever.

:)

So I have deep sympathy for folk who have problems with their guts; it's a case of seriously crap "design" of course.

Yet another proof that there is no "designer" of the human animal.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4421 Apr 13, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
And they wounder why we say they know nothing about science.
It's sad, isn't it?

Lexington, KY

#4423 Apr 13, 2013
I eat very carefully and work out daily so as not to get fat like Buck.

I have my weight bench and treadmill in my workout room for when it's cold or raining. Otherwise me and wifey go running when the weather is nice.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Very dysfunctional, actually. The more neurotic a person is, the more worried about their physical appearance than about the quality of character, so they will do very dangerous things to make themselves look how they believe is "acceptable."

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#4424 Apr 13, 2013
<quoted text>
I so need to get another box of Camomile. I don't care for the tastes all that much, but it is calming, so I usually keep a box around.
My favorite brand, the hippy Celestial Seasonings is what I usually get.:)
But, alas, I went to make some the other day, and bugs had got into it, ruining it--had to throw away the whole box. Luckily, it was nearly gone. Next time, I'll put them in a jar.
I have started putting all my teas in jars--it keeps the flavors much better than anything else. I use cheap canning jars, at 4 ounces or so, for most. Works wonders-- I cut a label out of the original box, and tape that to the lid for identification.:D
I think I'll go make some tea right now. Lets' see... Constant Comment, an excellent morning tea. Coming right up!
:D
Buy whole flowers to make tea. If you can't find them in your area, I suggest Mountain Rose Herbs on the internet. All their stuff is great!

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#4425 Apr 13, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't believe in evil.
Bob has never said any such thing. He believes there is evil in people. People like you. There are many of you. So yes, I think by what he has said time and again that he believes in evil. He just doesn't think it's supernatural. It's always in human form.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#4426 Apr 13, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the word cult suppose to be an insult?
Cult just means Religion.
So Atheism is a cult also
ATHEISM IS A RELIGION as deemed by the courts.
John Calvert, a lawyer and intelligent designproponent declared:
The Seventh Judicial Circuit of the Court of Appeals of the United States held that ATHEISM IS A RELIGION. Therefore, it cannot be promoted by a public school. Currently, public schools are often unwittingly promoting atheism through a dogmatic and uncritical teaching of materialistic theories of origins.
You're an idiot. I have nothing to say to you as you are unable to understand simple, basic concepts.
I know what the meanings of the word cult are. It doesn't just mean a religion. It can be any of a group of people who believe in a concept or worship a supernatural being. Most people, even atheists, are cult members (if they subscribe to the very same beliefs about something). Atheists are much more likely to be free thinkers and therefore not members of a cult.
I'm glad to hear that atheism has been deemed a cult. Now any group of atheists who band together can gather monies and be non-taxpayers like Christians and other cults. Good for them!

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#4427 Apr 13, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a Space Cadet too.
The Bible is capitalized any use of the word.
http://www.libraryonline.com/default.asp...
"Capitalization Rules
There are many rules to capitalization. Most people know the basics of capitalization such as capitalizing the first letter of the first word at the beginning of a new sentence, but when is capitalization appropriate in other situations? Outlined below is a comprehensive guide providing rules and examples to proper capitalization.
Holy Bible
- Names for the Bible Capitalize all names for the Bible, for parts and versions of the Bible and all names of other sacred books.
Examples:
Bible -Scriptures -Word of God -Holy Bible -Old Testament -New Testament
-Gospels -Ten Commandments -Lord’s Prayer -Gospels -Gospel of Luke
-King James Version
- Creeds and Confessions Capitalize all names of creeds and confessions of faith and general Biblical terms.
Examples:
-Lord Supper - the Apostles’ Creed
-the Westminster Catechism -Nicene Creed
- Deity - Capitalize all names for Deity
Examples:
-Father -Almighty -God -Lord -Holy Spirit -Son of Man
-Messiah - Lord of Hosts -Redeemer -Savior - Holy Trinity
Get a dictionary.

Location hidden

#4428 Apr 13, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Bob has never said any such thing. He believes there is evil in people. People like you. There are many of you. So yes, I think by what he has said time and again that he believes in evil. He just doesn't think it's supernatural. It's always in human form.
Social barrier! Your opinion doesn't mean much. I'm sure there's plenty of evil in you. Now go dance and

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#4429 Apr 13, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Social barrier! Your opinion doesn't mean much. I'm sure there's plenty of evil in you. Now go dance and
Have you given up on your education?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Phil Robertson talks against Atheists 2 hr superwilly 106
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 4 hr thetruth 7,459
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr thetruth 239,089
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 4 hr thetruth 7,360
why Atheists believe in incest,pedophilia and b... 21 hr hpcaban 30
News .com | What hope is there without God? May 20 Kaitlin the Wolf ... 26
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) May 20 thetruth 2,171
More from around the web