The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#4368 Apr 7, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You lie. Even though there have been priests/preachers who have committed sex crimes against children they do not make up the majority much less the "vast majority" of perpetrators.
NAMBLA members are the only group who want sex with underage children to be made legal, the only ones publicly vocal about it. They are gay.
Huge difference between wanting and doing. One thing that pervert organization has better than the priests and preachers, at least they don't break the law.
Lincoln

United States

#4369 Apr 7, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
How ... convenient for you: your "god" hates everything YOU do.
Atheist run East Germany shot any one trying to flee.
Doubt if Q-bot has any knowledge of God?

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#4370 Apr 7, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>More lies just because he has been civil with ME. You guys didn't treat him this way before you noticed how we joked together.
What he said, a very long time ago, was that he had been a Christian at one time, had even trained to be a minister/pastor but fell away for some reason that I can't recall.
You are the ugly one Bob, in every way there is.
Thanks.. Glad you remembered. I just do not get the "Us vs Them" attitude from either side. Sociopaths like Skeptic gets a pat on the back for his abusive behaviors while others get told that they have to choose a side. Sorry but no I don't have to choose a side. God(s) or no god(s) or whatever they want to define it as, there is no proof either way so I choose not to claim to know if it can or can not exist. Blah blah blah,.. it is pointless to try and explain oneself to a bunch of internet bullies hiding behind their keyboards snickering at every little snide comment that they make thinking that they got one over on somebody.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4371 Apr 7, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks.. Glad you remembered. I just do not get the "Us vs Them" attitude from either side. Sociopaths like Skeptic gets a pat on the back for his abusive behaviors while others get told that they have to choose a side. Sorry but no I don't have to choose a side. God(s) or no god(s) or whatever they want to define it as, there is no proof either way so I choose not to claim to know if it can or can not exist. Blah blah blah,.. it is pointless to try and explain oneself to a bunch of internet bullies hiding behind their keyboards snickering at every little snide comment that they make thinking that they got one over on somebody.
As I already said, I have no idea about you one way or another.

But I do have a beef with Credit-to-her-cult; once I rejected her ugly sadomasochist come-ons, way back when, she turned on me revealing her true character (or lack of it).

I do not forgive--neither do I forget.

But she does show up and say something ugly to me every so often; I always reply as appropriate for one of her low character.

It's kinda sad, really, her continuance to stalk me like that.

But it's what she is. Go check for yourself: it's always the same pattern: I'll post a few things, and she comes on with one of her insipid, ugly replies.

That's always the order.

Sad.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#4372 Apr 9, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
The Seventh Judicial Circuit of the Court of Appeals of the United States held that ATHEISM IS A RELIGION. Therefore, it cannot be promoted by a public school. Currently, public schools are often unwittingly promoting atheism through a dogmatic and uncritical teaching of materialistic theories of origins.
This says nothing on ID.
Nice attempt to change the subject again.
And you completely miss the point of that decision - Government shouldn't be promoting a religion or atheism.

Government should be promoting things like what's the currently accepted theories in science class, history, the streets are plowed from snow, there's clean water and air, etc.

It's the theists who injected their religion into government and are still trying to do so. Be careful of what you wish for - it may not be your particular flavor of religion that gets the full endorsement.

Nehwon

#4373 Apr 9, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
The Seventh Judicial Circuit of the Court of Appeals of the United States held that ATHEISM IS A RELIGION. Therefore, it cannot be promoted by a public school. Currently, public schools are often unwittingly promoting atheism through a dogmatic and uncritical teaching of materialistic theories of origins.
This says nothing on ID.
Nice attempt to change the subject again.
Oh, and the Dover trial did say everything about ID.

It's Creationism with weasel words.

And got smacked down hard.

By a "conservative" judge.

One who the ID folks thought this trial was easy-peasy and decided before it even began.

Their howling after the verdict showed the content of their character - cranky toddlers were more adult than they were.

The witnesses for ID (that showed up) should count their lucky stars they didn't get hit with perjury charges.

Nehwon

#4374 Apr 9, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
bobby I have NEVER said religion should be taught in school. That includes Atheism.
And as an atheist, I will disagree with you here.

I think there should be a world religion class for a year. But they would also have to teach about what the Jews, Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, Native Americans, etc.

Put it into the context of Social Studies alongside the Greek mythology class I had.

However, this should not be an opportunity for evangelism.

Teach the kids what is the difference between a Shiite and a Sunni Muslim and the 5 pillars of faith. Talk about the creation stories of the Native Americans. Who is Brahma, Shiva and Vishnu and how this affects the culture of India and their "outlawed" caste system?

But I can already hear your laments now - if they learn it's all BS, they'll become atheists! We can't promote that!

Nehwon

#4375 Apr 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Sad-- but it did not fly. Dover, PA exposed ID for the ugly theology it is.
... meh.
I read the entire transcript of the Dover trial.

Reality shows wish they could script something so fascinating, infuriating and comedic.

I've read a few SCOTUS decisions, but reading the Dover decision was just a smack down against the ID folks.

And then there was PBS Nova show that summarized it well and had interviews post trial... wow.

The ID folks thought they were being slick. Except they didn't cover their tracks well at all. I can only guess is that they didn't think anyone would look into it. And got caught.

And the conclusion is - the reason we can't have nice things is because of people like this pulling stunts like that.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4376 Apr 9, 2013
I watched the PBS show-- it was most amusing.

The thing that stood out to me was a couple of points:

The ID/Creationists were completely unapologetic at wasting their school district's money. One guy in particular was extremely defiant about it all-- he personally was responsible for wasting millions-- and his only regret was that his side lost.

The other interesting point was this: on the side of science, the majority of expert witnesses either took no payment, or just their expenses.

But on the side of creationism? Without a single exception, the "expert" witnesses, all but one of whom were not called to testify, turned in speaking fees-- huge, giant speaking fees...! Even those who did not even speak-- they charged the defendant's side.

Ultimately, charging the school district.

The utter and complete lack of character, among the pro-creationism side?

Told me all I needed to know about them.

Nehwon

#4377 Apr 9, 2013
I watched the PBS show-- it was most amusing.
The thing that stood out to me was a couple of points:
The ID/Creationists were completely unapologetic at wasting their school district's money. One guy in particular was extremely defiant about it all-- he personally was responsible for wasting millions-- and his only regret was that his side lost.
The other interesting point was this: on the side of science, the majority of expert witnesses either took no payment, or just their expenses.
But on the side of creationism? Without a single exception, the "expert" witnesses, all but one of whom were not called to testify, turned in speaking fees-- huge, giant speaking fees...! Even those who did not even speak-- they charged the defendant's side.
Ultimately, charging the school district.
The utter and complete lack of character, among the pro-creationism side?
Told me all I needed to know about them.
The part I liked was how the Discovery Institute was all gung ho to take this case to court. This is what they were waiting for! A chance to present their overwhelming evidence to prove ID was a viable alternative.

Then they skulked away shortly before the trial started citing some sort of legal strategy differences.

After the trial, Judge Roberts put out a video explaining his decision (which was quite unusual).

And the Disco tute's reaction? Replace the video sound with fart noises. Hilarious!

No, wait. That was hilarious when I was in 8th grade.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#4378 Apr 10, 2013
<quoted text>
As I already said, I have no idea about you one way or another.
But I do have a beef with Credit-to-her-cult; once I rejected her ugly sadomasochist come-ons, way back when, she turned on me revealing her true character (or lack of it).
I do not forgive--neither do I forget.
But she does show up and say something ugly to me every so often; I always reply as appropriate for one of her low character.
It's kinda sad, really, her continuance to stalk me like that.
But it's what she is. Go check for yourself: it's always the same pattern: I'll post a few things, and she comes on with one of her insipid, ugly replies.
That's always the order.
Sad.
I haven't noticed. She has always been nice to me. I'll keep an eye out.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#4379 Apr 10, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks.. Glad you remembered. I just do not get the "Us vs Them" attitude from either side. Sociopaths like Skeptic gets a pat on the back for his abusive behaviors while others get told that they have to choose a side. Sorry but no I don't have to choose a side. God(s) or no god(s) or whatever they want to define it as, there is no proof either way so I choose not to claim to know if it can or can not exist. Blah blah blah,.. it is pointless to try and explain oneself to a bunch of internet bullies hiding behind their keyboards snickering at every little snide comment that they make thinking that they got one over on somebody.
Nice try failed troll. We all know you're nanoanomaly's partner in crime here.

You're a theist posing as an agnostic, trying to disrupt any conversation which shoes your religion in a bad light.

You can't take these facts and so you behave in this cowardly way.

Shemeful behaviour really

Location hidden

#4380 Apr 10, 2013
Lil Ticked and nano come from a very particular school of bullsh*t.

They try to deflect direct attacks with philosophical bullsht at all costs.

Teacher: Lil Ticked, you're arguments are flawed, you don't have any evidence for god being possible or real.

Lil Ticked: but, but, erm, lets see now, arguments are meaningless? therefore we don't know anything. Therefore I am always right!!! yipiieee!

Teacher: Actualy, we know for sure that your arguments flawed and that you don't much about atheism. And that you're a liar when it comes to having a debate.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#4381 Apr 10, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't noticed. She has always been nice to me. I'll keep an eye out.
I wonder why.:)

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#4382 Apr 10, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Lil Ticked and nano come from a very particular school of bullsh*t.
They try to deflect direct attacks with philosophical bullsht at all costs.
Teacher: Lil Ticked, you're arguments are flawed, you don't have any evidence for god being possible or real.
Lil Ticked: but, but, erm, lets see now, arguments are meaningless? therefore we don't know anything. Therefore I am always right!!! yipiieee!
Teacher: Actualy, we know for sure that your arguments flawed and that you don't much about atheism. And that you're a liar when it comes to having a debate.
LOL! This from a guy who has yet to debate anybody.

Normal Human Being: I am not sure if your position is this debate is entirely accurate could you please elaborate..

Skeptic: SHUT UP yo F'n retard with no proof of god. Take your mental disorder and leave!

Normal Human Being: Where did I mention god in my comment?

Skeptic: F*ck you retard creationist that knows nothing about atheism.

Location hidden

#4383 Apr 11, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! This from a guy who has yet to debate anybody.
Normal Human Being: I am not sure if your position is this debate is entirely accurate could you please elaborate..
Skeptic: SHUT UP yo F'n retard with no proof of god. Take your mental disorder and leave!
Normal Human Being: Where did I mention god in my comment?
Skeptic: F*ck you retard creationist that knows nothing about atheism.
You continue to lie about your behaviour here, what a shameful person. Just can't take the fact that your religion is getting slaughtered by facts and evidence.
Lincoln

United States

#4384 Apr 11, 2013
Agnostics = atheists who have read Greek Philosophy .....

Peace

Location hidden

#4385 Apr 11, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Agnostics = atheists who have read Greek Philosophy .....
Peace
Atheists = lack of belief in god

Agnostic = position of ignorance which isn't really a position

Theism = a lie.
Lincoln

United States

#4386 Apr 11, 2013
In some militant atheist groups,
where *Jack's Law* applies,
a paradox exists where one person
sufficiently militant is likely to be
so ridiculous or repetitive
that he risks being rejected as a parody.

Science is impressive. Search the universe in vain for proof of atheism :-)
Peace

Location hidden

#4387 Apr 11, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
In some militant atheist groups,
No such thing. Atheism = lack of belief in god. Has nothing to do with fundamentalism.
Lincoln wrote:
where *Jack's Law* applies,
a paradox exists where one person
sufficiently militant is likely to be
so ridiculous or repetitive
All creationist trolls like yourself are ridiculous and repetitive.
Lincoln wrote:
The fact that you deny fossil evidence is amusing at best.
[QUOTE who="Lincoln"]
Science is impressive. Search the universe in vain for proof of atheism :-)
Peace
Atheism is a lack of belief in god. We're all born atheist until some of us are brainwashed or abused by parents and carers.
We can't really reason with people like yourself who are mentally ill.
What can you say to a theist who lies about god and is not prepared to present any evidence that they are not mentally ill.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Thinking 20,313
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 1 hr Thinking 10,362
Christianity isn't based on... (Feb '10) 1 hr Thinking 354
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Eagle 12 257,140
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr SoE 45,560
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) 4 hr Big girl 554
News A Strong Muslim Identity Is the Best Defense Ag... 5 hr naman 16
More from around the web