Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#4328 Apr 5, 2013
The dictionary definition is fine and that describes most of us to a T. The person's personal opinion there after is his own and nothing more.

I consider god with the same respect we would other unproven entities like the Kraken. This is the correct amount of consideration to give deities yes?
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text> http://atheism.about.com/od/atheismquestions/...

"A standard dictionary defines a freethinker as “one that forms opinions on the basis of reason independently of authority; especially one who doubts or denies religious dogma.” What this means is that to be a freethinker, a person has to be willing to consider any idea and any possibility. "

Lexington, KY

#4329 Apr 5, 2013
Later the guy says theists are free thinkers but atheists aren't?

Lmfao!

That was funny! Thanks for the joke!:)

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#4330 Apr 5, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
The dictionary definition is fine and that describes most of us to a T. The person's personal opinion there after is his own and nothing more.
I consider god with the same respect we would other unproven entities like the Kraken. This is the correct amount of consideration to give deities yes?
<quoted text>
It is not the conclusion it is the process.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4331 Apr 5, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Lmfao!
According to other atheists on Topix, he once let slip that he is a creationist ....

... that's where he's angling towards: the "consider other ideas" dodge.

As if creationism had any... facts to consider that is.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#4332 Apr 5, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
According to other atheists on Topix, he once let slip that he is a creationist ....
according to who?

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#4333 Apr 5, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Lmfao!
I thought that it said that , it is possible for a theist to be a free thinker and for an atheist to not be. Not that theist are and atheists are not. You have to look at thing on an individual basis not as a lump sum. In the begining of the article I think that it stated that most free thinkers tend to be non-religious and so on...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4334 Apr 5, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>according to who?
A rather surprising number, actually.

Me? I have no idea either way-- but you sometimes do seem a bit critical where criticism is unwarranted...

United States

#4335 Apr 5, 2013
I have read it again and it seems a clumsy written opinion piece at best as he several times contradicts himself in this article.

Regardless I give the existence of god the same level of consideration as the kraken, fair enough?
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I thought that it said that , it is possible for a theist to be a free thinker and for an atheist to not be. Not that theist are and atheists are not. You have to look at thing on an individual basis not as a lump sum. In the begining of the article I think that it stated that most free thinkers tend to be non-religious and so on...

United States

#4336 Apr 5, 2013
Certainly he doesn't go after believers with anywhere near the vitriol as he does non believers if he goes after them at all.
<quoted text>A rather surprising number, actually.

Me? I have no idea either way-- but you sometimes do seem a bit critical where criticism is unwarranted...

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#4337 Apr 5, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I have read it again and it seems a clumsy written opinion piece at best as he several times contradicts himself in this article.
Regardless I give the existence of god the same level of consideration as the kraken, fair enough?
<quoted text>
okee doke

Lexington, KY

#4338 Apr 5, 2013
Of course what with his contradiction on this one I think it's safe to say not his best work.

Regardless as a man who doesn't merely follow in the footsteps of my parents but rationalizes things for myself I see no reason to believe in a deity that has no observable proof any more than I believe we need to sacrifice virgins to stop the kraken from invading.

Kraken sacrifices would actually be preferable to modern day religion though I must say. At least only 1 girl dies a year instead of the millions currently. Hey go kraken! Lol :)
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>okee doke

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4339 Apr 5, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Certainly he doesn't go after believers with anywhere near the vitriol as he does non believers if he goes after them at all.
<quoted text>
You noticed that too?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#4340 Apr 5, 2013
<quoted text>
A rather surprising number, actually.
Go eat some dried fruit, wheezey.

Location hidden

#4341 Apr 5, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I am still trying find more than two freethinkers in these forums.
You, of course, would be one of the two. ;)

Location hidden

#4342 Apr 5, 2013
<quoted text>
I haven't had a pastor in over 5 years. Nor have I been a volunteer in child abuse programs in even longer.
Your ugly hate has made you believe garbage that isn't even true.
But I see you just cannot help yourself BUT to be a hate-filled wretch...
... disgusting.
<quoted text>
I have no ... "sect" as you say.
Sad.
Your ugly just keeps on oozing from your pustule-infected personality.
Who Would Jesus Hate, Credit?
Sure you do. You lie about me because my reasoning is a threat to you agenda here.

Location hidden

#4343 Apr 5, 2013
<quoted text>
My how you re-write "history" to fit within your ugly, deluded hate-view.
I was repelled by your ugliness almost from the beginning-- your demonstration of sadomasochism was most repellant.
And you >>are<< just a $5 whore-- your slavering over any male on Topix who you could bamboozle with your ugly lies marked you for what you are.
<quoted text>
LOL!
Projecting, Credit?
I see you are: Who Would Jesus Hate, Credit?
LOL!
That's hilarious. Sounds more like sour grapes impotence to me.

Location hidden

#4344 Apr 5, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I have talked to some "freethinking" wiccans IRL , just not here. If that is what you meant.. Summoning spirits?
Well...isn't the belief that they can summon spirits just as ludicrous as a Christian believing that they can move a mountain with enough faith? What's funny is that the Topix so-called atheists never ridicule the self-proclaimed wiccans/witches/atheists over their claims of being able to do magic. It's more than a little bit hypocritical. In fact, they seem to be one and the same group most of the time, i.e., Water Nymph, Witch intheWoods, Lilith Satan's Whore and Kaitlyn just to name a few.

Lilith threatened my life one time and these guys don't see a problem with that at all. Bob would probably love to see some morgue shots of me just because I irritated him by having a mind of my own.

Location hidden

#4345 Apr 5, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>
http://atheism.about.com/od/atheismquestions/...
"A standard dictionary defines a freethinker as one that forms opinions on the basis of reason independently of authority; especially one who doubts or denies religious dogma. What this means is that to be a freethinker, a person has to be willing to consider any idea and any possibility. "
Unlike the drones here who are programmed to be overbearing.

Location hidden

#4346 Apr 5, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Lmfao!
That is not what he said, moron.

Location hidden

#4347 Apr 5, 2013
<quoted text>
More lies just because he has been civil with ME. You guys didn't treat him this way before you noticed how we joked together.

What he said, a very long time ago, was that he had been a Christian at one time, had even trained to be a minister/pastor but fell away for some reason that I can't recall.

You are the ugly one Bob, in every way there is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 36 min Joe fortuna 235,541
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 47 min Eagle 12 4,716
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 3 hr Thinking 6,030
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr Mugwump 16,523
The Consequences of Atheism 4 hr polymath257 686
Is Religion Childish? 4 hr Thinking 125
.com | Why is Atheism on the Rise - Final Response 12 hr QUITTNER Feb 26 2015 2
More from around the web