The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4269 Apr 3, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>There are those that deny service in spite of the laws..
"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws."
Plato.
bigĀ·ot
adjective&#8195;/&#712 ;big&#601;t/&#8195;
1. Convinced of the superiority or correctness of one's own opinions and prejudiced against those who hold different opinions; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance
"Good people generally do good things. Bad people generally do bad things. To get good people to do bad? Requires religion."

I don't know who said this first, but it's pretty clear it's accurate.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#4270 Apr 3, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Go on pretending that there are no atheists who find gay marriage repulsive. You make stupid claims every time you post.
Atheism is a lack of belief in god. It says nothing about people's preference or prejudice against homosexuality.

Your such a snivelling little toad, even when you try to change the subject you look stupid here. Go back to your church the pair of you and tell them your failed to convert or disrupt any conversations here.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4271 Apr 3, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with that.(I stopped reading most of your posts so I may be taking this out of context). I was surprised that idea didn't find more favour in the USA. Marriage should be a matter of conscience and all laws should be written as if everyone was 'single'.'Spouses' shouldn't be mentioned in law.
I agree as well.

Unfortunately the religious bigots* are still trying to "be fruitful and multiply" and so have enacted laws that encourage people to f**k and have too many brats...

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#4272 Apr 3, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>First you need to figure out the difference between fact and opinion. Then you can attempt to tell me what my beliefs may or may not be.
First you need to prove that god is possible, then you can have a meaningful discussion.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4273 Apr 3, 2013
Thinking wrote:
What about inheritance?
<quoted text>
I would eliminate all special favors of inheritance, myself.

Especially, I'd tax inheritance as normal income--not a special over-the-top tax, mind, but I would count it as income, and tax it accordingly.

I'd allow for the setup of funds, such that the inheritance would be dolloped out over time-- that would help with general investment monies.

I'd also exempt all inheritance money that was directly spent on university education-- that is, any money spent directly at university, wouldn't be subject to income tax.

Sure-- that might created a "wealthy student class". So what?

At least their money would help support the university--everyone wins in that case, I think.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4274 Apr 3, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Single people pass-on inheritances. What is wanted is easy, affordable, convenient wills. Lots of people fail to make wills before it's too late. One simply states who one considers to be one's next-of-kin and what is to pass to whom.
Laws have to apply to single people anyway. Why bring marriage into it?
And it would save a fortune. I worked in the civil service. Tax and benefits are written for single people, then ALL the legislation has to be re-written for married couples and that can more than double the amount of regulations to administer. Doing away with the legal concept of marriage would save a fortune.
Agreed. It's high time we quit encouraging people to squeeze out babies they cannot afford anyway.... the world has sufficient people as it is.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4275 Apr 3, 2013
EdSed wrote:
The point is that one should have a reason for marriage to be a legal concept. Why is it necessary or helpful?
\

I agree.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4276 Apr 3, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I'm sure marriage law could be much streamlined, and many more civil servants could be dispensed with as a result.
But I still think you need to look at inheritance as not everyone makes wills.
<quoted text>
An easy way to enforce at least token wills?

Is that anything not specifically addressed in a will, defaults back to the local government...

... that'd get everyone's attention.

:)

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#4277 Apr 3, 2013
Bacon gets everyone's attention too! I wonder how many would join the church bacon?
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>An easy way to enforce at least token wills?

Is that anything not specifically addressed in a will, defaults back to the local government...

... that'd get everyone's attention.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4278 Apr 3, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Bacon gets everyone's attention too! I wonder how many would join the church bacon?
<quoted text>
Oooh! Bacon... imagine meatballs made from ... bacon!

The Flying Spaghetti Monster would approve I think.

RAmen! Bacon!

:D

United States

#4279 Apr 3, 2013
But would you be bold enough to eat the... Bacon Sundae?

http://m.eater.com/archives/2011/03/25/dennys...
<quoted text>Oooh! Bacon... imagine meatballs made from ... bacon!

The Flying Spaghetti Monster would approve I think.

RAmen! Bacon!

:D

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4280 Apr 3, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
But would you be bold enough to eat the... Bacon Sundae?
http://m.eater.com/archives/2011/03/25/dennys...
<quoted text>
Yes... yes I would.

United States

#4281 Apr 3, 2013
Brave man! I think this was a culinary creation that has to be the most sacrilegious ever! The only way they could top it would be to include baby goat meat boiled in it's own mother's milk breaded poppers on the side!

Lol :)
<quoted text>Yes... yes I would.

Lincoln

United States

#4282 Apr 3, 2013
atheists seem frustrated at not running America

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4283 Apr 3, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Brave man! I think this was a culinary creation that has to be the most sacrilegious ever! The only way they could top it would be to include baby goat meat boiled in it's own mother's milk breaded poppers on the side!
Lol :)
<quoted text>
Well, one of the real attractions of bacon is it's texture mixed with the taste of pork & porkfat.

If you add dairy fat (ice cream) into that? Plus a bit of sweet? It's over the top.

Sugar compliments the taste of fat in our mouths; there is some chemistry going on, that it brings out the taste of each improving both.

Not unlike bitter can be offset by salt, the combination is better than either alone.

Scottsburg, IN

#4284 Apr 3, 2013
That is quite an analysis of the merits of a bacon sundae. Have you had one yet yourself? Who knows maybe they would be awesome!

Chock full of blasphemy, and cholesterol!:))
<quoted text>Well, one of the real attractions of bacon is it's texture mixed with the taste of pork & porkfat.

If you add dairy fat (ice cream) into that? Plus a bit of sweet? It's over the top.

Sugar compliments the taste of fat in our mouths; there is some chemistry going on, that it brings out the taste of each improving both.

Not unlike bitter can be offset by salt, the combination is better than either alone.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#4285 Apr 3, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Go on pretending that there are no atheists who find gay marriage repulsive. You make stupid claims every time you post.
Too true.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4286 Apr 3, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
That is quite an analysis of the merits of a bacon sundae. Have you had one yet yourself? Who knows maybe they would be awesome!
Chock full of blasphemy, and cholesterol!:))
<quoted text>
I haven't yet-- the local Dennys in my town has a less than stellar reputation for ... cleanliness (if you will).

And since Denny's chapter 13 a few years back, there's now only the one.

Sadly, driving by at random times tells me (via the nearly empty parking lot) that it's not likely to be around itself, unless it changes it's rep.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#4287 Apr 3, 2013
I've heard the one on Memorial Drive is missing toilet seats and tissue on a regular basis.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#4288 Apr 3, 2013
I suppose the many red avatars are meant to convey the sentiment that you all speak as one?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) 5 min Dogen 4,296
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 31 min replaytime 700
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 37 min superwilly 258,472
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Science 76,866
hell is a real place. so.. ahtiesm is a faux li... 6 hr Ben Avraham 11
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jul 18 John 4,952
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Jul 18 John 32,164
More from around the web