Comments
4,061 - 4,080 of 5,577 Comments Last updated Thursday Aug 14

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#4182 Mar 29, 2013
Lol! I cut that thread and his repost nonsense a while ago. I bet he is still spamming his same 3 posts again and again eh?
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>I think we have another John on our hands.

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#4183 Mar 29, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Lol! I cut that thread and his repost nonsense a while ago. I bet he is still spamming his same 3 posts again and again eh?
I bet your wife is still spamming other men.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#4184 Mar 29, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Lol! I cut that thread and his repost nonsense a while ago. I bet he is still spamming his same 3 posts again and again eh?
<quoted text>
Yep.
Thinking

Mirfield, UK

#4185 Mar 30, 2013
jesus culting christ do you think you're going to stop me writing "Atheist", goddammit![sic]
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"Capitalizing Atheism - Why Atheism Shouldn't be Capitalized
Atheism & Atheist are Not Proper Nouns to Capitalize
By Austin Cline, About.com Guide
One of the earliest signs that a person doesn't really understand what atheism is comes when they spell "atheism" or "atheist" with a capital A in the middle of a sentence. In English, this is only grammatical with proper nouns and thus this signals that the person imagines atheism to a be a proper noun — in other words, When you see someone inappropriately capitalizing atheism, beware."

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#4186 Mar 30, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"Capitalizing Atheism - Why Atheism Shouldn't be Capitalized
Atheism & Atheist are Not Proper Nouns to Capitalize
By Austin Cline, About.com Guide
One of the earliest signs that a person doesn't really understand what atheism is comes when they spell "atheism" or "atheist" with a capital A in the middle of a sentence. In English, this is only grammatical with proper nouns and thus this signals that the person imagines atheism to a be a proper noun — in other words, When you see someone inappropriately capitalizing atheism, beware."
Same reason we don't capitalize "god" or "christian," it's a type, not a proper noun. Glad we cleared that up.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4187 Mar 30, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Creationism under the rebrand name of intelligent design has indeed tried to slip itself under the rug into our science classes. Sad isn't it?
<quoted text>
Sad-- but it did not fly. Dover, PA exposed ID for the ugly theology it is.

... meh.

Lexington, KY

#4188 Mar 30, 2013
As if Dover was ever needed. I have said before, until a theist can show observable, verifiable evidence for a god/creator/designer/supernatu ral higher power they have no right assigning attributes to it.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>Sad-- but it did not fly. Dover, PA exposed ID for the ugly theology it is.

... meh.
Lincoln

United States

#4189 Mar 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Same reason we don't capitalize "god" or "christian," it's a type, not a proper noun. Glad we cleared that up.
or insecurity moves one toward being trite and infantile.
Lincoln

United States

#4190 Mar 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Sad-- but it did not fly. Dover, PA exposed ID for the ugly theology it is.
... meh.
poor misunderstood

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4196 Mar 30, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
As if Dover was ever needed. I have said before, until a theist can show observable, verifiable evidence for a god/creator/designer/supernatu ral higher power they have no right assigning attributes to it.
<quoted text>
I'll go one further: all churches should immediately be taxed as entertainment.

Why?

Well-- in the entertainment industry, such as movies, it is clear that the movies are fictional and for entertainment. And are taxed as such.

Whereas, documentaries can and often do, get tax-free credit as being educational, informative. Backed by facts, of course.

Since churches cannot actually back their statements with .. facts?

They clearly must be strictly for entertainment purposes.

And ought to be taxed accordingly.

Location hidden

#4197 Mar 30, 2013
<quoted text>I'll go one further: all churches should immediately be taxed as entertainment.

Why?

Well-- in the entertainment industry, such as movies, it is clear that the movies are fictional and for entertainment. And are taxed as such.

Whereas, documentaries can and often do, get tax-free credit as being educational, informative. Backed by facts, of course.

Won't happen. Our tax money went to house prisoners like you.

Lexington, KY

#4198 Mar 30, 2013
I can see that happening one day, give it time bud give it time :)
<quoted text>I'll go one further: all churches should immediately be taxed as entertainment.

Why?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4199 Mar 30, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I can see that happening one day, give it time bud give it time :)
<quoted text>
Yep.

As our society becomes more and more secular, the free ride these mega-churches get, will be called into question more and more.

I expect it to start at the top-- that is, the richest and most money-making churches will be taxed first-- after all, they are not quite wealthy enough to buy either senators OR representatives.

<snerk>

But the tiny,$10,000/year barely surviving groups will likely continue to remain untaxed, flying under the radar as it were.

I have no real problem with them anyhow-- someone that small, has no power to change the laws-- heck, they are so bigoted, they cannot get enough members to have a >>real<< annual budget? They can be safely ignored.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#4200 Mar 30, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
or insecurity moves one toward being trite and infantile.
Yes we know you are.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#4201 Mar 30, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
poor misunderstood
We don't know about your bank account but we know you are not misunderstood. You are just another brain dead godbot.

Lexington, KY

#4202 Mar 31, 2013
This is off topic but I just gotta ask if you guys have seen the official God Facebook page? At first it's just boring post this to your Facebook page for like pictures.

Keep scrolling down and you will see some creepy as hell pictures of Jesus! The one where he is staring at you with this kind of redness around his eyes and he is reaching his hand out to you to take? Creepy as all get out! And this is meant to be a sweet Christian approved Jesus picture!

Wtf people! Go look at it and ask yourself, what were they thinking???
<quoted text>Yep.

As our society becomes more and more secular, the free ride these mega-churches get, will be called into question more and more.

I expect it to start at the top-- that is, the richest and most money-making churches will be taxed first-- after all, they are not quite wealthy enough to buy either senators OR representatives.

<snerk>

But the tiny,$10,000/year barely surviving groups will likely continue to remain untaxed, flying under the radar as it were.

I have no real problem with them anyhow-- someone that small, has no power to change the laws-- heck, they are so bigoted, they cannot get enough members to have a >>real<< annual budget? They can be safely ignored.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4203 Mar 31, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
This is off topic but I just gotta ask if you guys have seen the official God Facebook page? At first it's just boring post this to your Facebook page for like pictures.
Keep scrolling down and you will see some creepy as hell pictures of Jesus! The one where he is staring at you with this kind of redness around his eyes and he is reaching his hand out to you to take? Creepy as all get out! And this is meant to be a sweet Christian approved Jesus picture!
Wtf people! Go look at it and ask yourself, what were they thinking???
<quoted text>
Well, the whole "jesus is inside you" is kinda sick in and of itself, if you look at it objectively.

"Help! I'm being possessed by a Zombie!"

or

"Help! I'm being raped by a Zombie!"

<snerk>

Location hidden

#4204 Mar 31, 2013
<quoted text>Well, the whole "jesus is inside you" is kinda sick in and of itself, if you look at it objectively.

or

<snerk>
Kids: "Help! Bob is trying to molest us!"

Lexington, KY

#4205 Mar 31, 2013
Lmfao!

Dude seriously and I mean serious as a heart attack, that is one creepy Facebook page! And what makes it worse is, they aren't trying to be funny or creepy. They are trying to be serious uplifting Christians.

Looking at some of those pictures like the one with a bearded guy with a white hotel towel thrown over his head knocking at a door? Caption reads, Jesus is knocking will you let him in?

.... If any reject let that stoner in don't cry when your wallet is empty and your daughter is pregnant come morning!

What were they thinking on some of those? It's like a train wreck!
<quoted text>Well, the whole "jesus is inside you" is kinda sick in and of itself, if you look at it objectively.

or

<snerk>
Lincoln

United States

#4206 Mar 31, 2013
"atheistic fundamentalism"
Givemeliberty wrote:
Lmfao!
Dude seriously and I mean serious as a heart attack, that is one creepy Facebook page! And what makes it worse is, they aren't trying to be funny or creepy. They are trying to be serious uplifting Christians.
Looking at some of those pictures like the one with a bearded guy with a white hotel towel thrown over his head knocking at a door? Caption reads, Jesus is knocking will you let him in?
.... If any reject let that stoner in don't cry when your wallet is empty and your daughter is pregnant come morning!
What were they thinking on some of those? It's like a train wreck!
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 30 min KiMare 226,387
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 3 hr Jaimie 57
The myth of the angry atheist 4 hr _Bad Company 1
The Ultimate Evidence of God 5 hr Patrick 61
I left Creationism! Ask me anything! 5 hr Patrick 7
100% Faith Free 6 hr CunningLinguist 14
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 7 hr CunningLinguist 39
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••