Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#4162 Mar 29, 2013
Checkmate!

Bob that one never really has a point, he just trolls his repeated copy and paste spam and wants you to react. Asking him a question on said spam causes him to scamper away in terror.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>It isn't. So what's your point?

Langoliers wrote, "
Currently, public schools are often unwittingly promoting atheism through a dogmatic and uncritical teaching of materialistic theories of origins."

Well... seeing as how ALL of your ugly god-based religions are 100% BS?

And?

Science is 100% based on materialistic theories?

Again... what's your point?

Oh! That you are a 100% hypocrite, because you use SCIENCE on a daily basis? Like your >>materialistic<< computer, created by atheists, running on an operating system ALSO created by atheists?

LOL!

Langoliers wrote, "
This says nothing on ID.
Nice attempt to change the subject again. "

ID is religion.

You already agreed that NO RELIGION CAN BE PROMOTED.

LOL!
Lincoln

United States

#4163 Mar 29, 2013
Science Does

NOT Support

atheism.

Libertarian all seem to work for the government.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#4164 Mar 29, 2013
Thinking wrote:
You are a post changing cuntard.
Why do you need to lie so much?
<quoted text>
He's a theist, it goes with the territory

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#4165 Mar 29, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>He's a theist, it goes with the territory
Like honesty runs in your bloodline. Not!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#4166 Mar 29, 2013
<quoted text>
So, due to your STALKING of my posts, you simply always put a peanut on them, unread?
LOL!
I knew you were trollish-ugly, but that's a new low.
Even for one as full of hate as ... you.
No WONDER nobody likes you!
LOL!
He is proof that lower life forms can learn to use a computer.
Lincoln

United States

#4167 Mar 29, 2013
Science is silent on atheism.

Happy Easter in the White House

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4168 Mar 29, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Checkmate!
Bob that one never really has a point, he just trolls his repeated copy and paste spam and wants you to react. Asking him a question on said spam causes him to scamper away in terror.
<quoted text>
Oh, I know-- but that particular post of his was too easy to show false, it was irresistible.

He actually had within his own post, the counter-argument.

:)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4169 Mar 29, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
He is proof that lower life forms can learn to use a computer.
LOL!

True, true.

I know for a fact, my cat can....

... LOL!

Of course, the only thing he "types" is gibberish, but in some instances, that gibberish is superior to many True Believers™ herein.

Location hidden

#4170 Mar 29, 2013
<quoted text>It isn't. So what's your point?

Langoliers wrote, "
Currently, public schools are often unwittingly promoting atheism through a dogmatic and uncritical teaching of materialistic theories of origins."

Well... seeing as how ALL of your ugly god-based religions are 100% BS?

And?

Science is 100% based on materialistic theories?

Again... what's your point?

Oh! That you are a 100% hypocrite, because you use SCIENCE on a daily basis? Like your >>materialistic<< computer, created by atheists, running on an operating system ALSO created by atheists?

LOL!

Langoliers wrote, "
This says nothing on ID.
Nice attempt to change the subject again. "

ID is religion.

You already agreed that NO RELIGION CAN BE PROMOTED.

LOL!
bobby I have NEVER said religion should be taught in school. That includes Atheism.

Location hidden

#4171 Mar 29, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>Like honesty runs in your bloodline. Not!
LOL

Lexington, KY

#4172 Mar 29, 2013
Oh I know man and it is fun smacking them around with facts isn't it? You gonna be watching the games tonight? I'll be turning a twenty dollar bill into 200 if the upset happens.:)

Even if they don't this tournament has been very generous to me indeed.
<quoted text>Oh, I know-- but that particular post of his was too easy to show false, it was irresistible.

He actually had within his own post, the counter-argument.

:)

Location hidden

#4173 Mar 29, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Oh I know man and it is fun smacking them around with facts isn't it? You gonna be watching the games tonight? I'll be turning a twenty dollar bill into 200 if the upset happens.:)

Even if they don't this tournament has been very generous to me indeed.
Like what do you mean?

http://www.libraryonline.com/default.asp...

"Capitalization Rules
There are many rules to capitalization. Most people know the basics of capitalization such as capitalizing the first letter of the first word at the beginning of a new sentence, but when is capitalization appropriate in other situations? Outlined below is a comprehensive guide providing rules and examples to proper capitalization.

Holy Bible

- Names for the Bible Capitalize all names for the Bible, for parts and versions of the Bible and all names of other sacred books.
Examples:
Bible -Scriptures -Word of God -Holy Bible -Old Testament -New Testament
-Gospels -Ten Commandments -Lord’s Prayer -Gospels -Gospel of Luke
-King James Version
- Creeds and Confessions Capitalize all names of creeds and confessions of faith and general Biblical terms.

Examples:
-Lord Supper - the Apostles Creed
-the Westminster Catechism -Nicene Creed

- Deity - Capitalize all names for Deity
Examples:
-Father -Almighty -God -Lord -Holy Spirit -Son of Man
-Messiah - Lord of Hosts -Redeemer -Savior - Holy Trinity

"Indeed, it would be rather juvenile to misspell God simply in order to insult theists. If such an atheist had so little respect for another person, why even waste the time writing to them in the first place, much less deliberately trying to hurt them at the same time? While that may actually be the case with some atheists who write the word 'god' with a lowercase 'g,' "

http://atheism.about.com/od/doesgodexist/a/ca...

"The use of capitalization, as for a proper noun, has persisted to disambiguate the concept of a singular God, specifically the Christian God, from pagan deities for which lower case god has continued to be applied, mirroring the use of Latin deus. Pronouns referring to God are also often capitalized and are traditionally in the masculine gender, i.e. "He", "Him", "His" etc. However, some people have referred to God in feminine terms, such as "She" and "Her". "

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_ (word)

"god- Lowercase this when used as a prefix. Examples: godchild, goddaughter, godfather, godlike, godliness, godmother, godsend, godson, godspeed. Do not hyphenate
gods and goddesses

Capitalize God and similar names of the deity of a monotheistic religion: Allah, God, God the Father, Holy Ghost, Holy Spirit, Jehovah, Jesus Christ, the Redeemer, the Son of God, the Son of Man, Yahweh.

http://www.gcsu.edu/communications/g.htm

Purdue OWLWriting LabOWL
NewsEngagementResearchContactS ite Map

General Writing Research and Citation Teaching and Tutoring Subject-Specific Writing Job Search Writing ESL
OWL Family of Sites > OWL > General Writing > Mechanics > Capital Letters

"The names of God, specific deities, religious figures, and holy books"

http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/59...

Capitalization

Sacred Writings/God/Religions:

ex.: Bible, Qur'an, Book of Job (not underlined)

God, Allah. The rules about pronouns referring to the deity vary; some reference works state that "He" or"His" or "Thee" are capitalized whenever "God" is capitalized. Some writers always put the pronouns in lower case. Check with your professors about their requirements.

Proper names of gods are capitalized: Krishna, Hera, Odin.

http://writing2.richmond.edu/writing/wweb/cap...
Thinking

Mirfield, UK

#4174 Mar 29, 2013
Show some respect, godbot. It's "Atheist".
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Like what do you mean?
http://www.libraryonline.com/default.asp...
"Capitalization Rules
There are many rules to capitalization. Most people know the basics of capitalization such as capitalizing the first letter of the first word at the beginning of a new sentence, but when is capitalization appropriate in other situations? Outlined below is a comprehensive guide providing rules and examples to proper capitalization.
Holy Bible
- Names for the Bible Capitalize all names for the Bible, for parts and versions of the Bible and all names of other sacred books.
Examples:
Bible -Scriptures -Word of God -Holy Bible -Old Testament -New Testament
-Gospels -Ten Commandments -Lord’s Prayer -Gospels -Gospel of Luke
-King James Version
- Creeds and Confessions Capitalize all names of creeds and confessions of faith and general Biblical terms.
Examples:
-Lord Supper - the Apostles Creed
-the Westminster Catechism -Nicene Creed
- Deity - Capitalize all names for Deity
Examples:
-Father -Almighty -God -Lord -Holy Spirit -Son of Man
-Messiah - Lord of Hosts -Redeemer -Savior - Holy Trinity
"Indeed, it would be rather juvenile to misspell God simply in order to insult theists. If such an atheist had so little respect for another person, why even waste the time writing to them in the first place, much less deliberately trying to hurt them at the same time? While that may actually be the case with some atheists who write the word 'god' with a lowercase 'g,' "
http://atheism.about.com/od/doesgodexist/a/ca...
"The use of capitalization, as for a proper noun, has persisted to disambiguate the concept of a singular God, specifically the Christian God, from pagan deities for which lower case god has continued to be applied, mirroring the use of Latin deus. Pronouns referring to God are also often capitalized and are traditionally in the masculine gender, i.e. "He", "Him", "His" etc. However, some people have referred to God in feminine terms, such as "She" and "Her". "
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_ (word)
"god- Lowercase this when used as a prefix. Examples: godchild, goddaughter, godfather, godlike, godliness, godmother, godsend, godson, godspeed. Do not hyphenate
gods and goddesses
Capitalize God and similar names of the deity of a monotheistic religion: Allah, God, God the Father, Holy Ghost, Holy Spirit, Jehovah, Jesus Christ, the Redeemer, the Son of God, the Son of Man, Yahweh.
http://www.gcsu.edu/communications/g.htm
Purdue OWLWriting LabOWL
NewsEngagementResearchContactS ite Map
General Writing Research and Citation Teaching and Tutoring Subject-Specific Writing Job Search Writing ESL
OWL Family of Sites > OWL > General Writing > Mechanics > Capital Letters
"The names of God, specific deities, religious figures, and holy books"
http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/59...
Capitalization
Sacred Writings/God/Religions:
ex.: Bible, Qur'an, Book of Job (not underlined)
God, Allah. The rules about pronouns referring to the deity vary; some reference works state that "He" or"His" or "Thee" are capitalized whenever "God" is capitalized. Some writers always put the pronouns in lower case. Check with your professors about their requirements.
Proper names of gods are capitalized: Krishna, Hera, Odin.
http://writing2.richmond.edu/writing/wweb/cap...

Lexington, KY

#4175 Mar 29, 2013
What does this rehashed, disproven spam of yours have to do with the basketball game I was talking about?

I guess a retard like you lacks the reading comprehension needed to properly respond.

There is no reason to attribute any special niceties to your deity compared to others. You want god to be capitalized? Say Jesus, Yahweh, Jehovah, Zeus, Thor and we will talk.

Otherwise retard you are just failing as usual.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>Like what do you

Location hidden

#4176 Mar 29, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Show some respect, godbot. It's "Atheist".
"Capitalizing Atheism - Why Atheism Shouldn't be Capitalized
Atheism & Atheist are Not Proper Nouns to Capitalize

By Austin Cline, About.com Guide
One of the earliest signs that a person doesn't really understand what atheism is comes when they spell "atheism" or "atheist" with a capital A in the middle of a sentence. In English, this is only grammatical with proper nouns and thus this signals that the person imagines atheism to a be a proper noun — in other words, When you see someone inappropriately capitalizing atheism, beware."

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4177 Mar 29, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
bobby I have NEVER said religion should be taught in school. That includes Atheism.
Good!

Ain't it lovely that atheism IS NOT taught in school, then?

You must be so happy.

Lexington, KY

#4178 Mar 29, 2013
And just keep creationism or ID out of school's science classes and we all win :)
<quoted text>Good!

Ain't it lovely that atheism IS NOT taught in school, then?

You must be so happy.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4179 Mar 29, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
And just keep creationism or ID out of school's science classes and we all win :)
<quoted text>
Yep, because creationism/unIntelligent notaDesign is religion.

Lexington, KY

#4180 Mar 29, 2013
Creationism under the rebrand name of intelligent design has indeed tried to slip itself under the rug into our science classes. Sad isn't it?
<quoted text>Yep, because creationism/unIntelligent notaDesign is religion.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#4181 Mar 29, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
What does this rehashed, disproven spam of yours have to do with the basketball game I was talking about?
I guess a retard like you lacks the reading comprehension needed to properly respond.
There is no reason to attribute any special niceties to your deity compared to others. You want god to be capitalized? Say Jesus, Yahweh, Jehovah, Zeus, Thor and we will talk.
Otherwise retard you are just failing as usual.
<quoted text>
I think we have another John on our hands.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 16 min Aura Mytha 232,891
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 37 min woodtick57 2,263
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 52 min Richardfs 147
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 5 hr _Bad Company 141
Islam is the Enemy (Sep '12) 5 hr thetruth 34
God' existence 5 hr thetruth 67
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 22 hr _Bad Company 23,198
More from around the web