Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#4038 Mar 24, 2013
Normal Flora wrote:
From Lango's own link:
"Though atheists are in the minority in most countries, they are relatively common in Europe, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, in former and present communist states, and to a lesser extent, in the United States and the Southern Cone. A 2012 Pew Research study found 16 percent of the global population to be religiously unaffiliated, making it the third-largest religious group.[12] A 1995 survey attributed to the Encyclopædia Britannica indicates that atheists are about 3.8% of the world's population.[citation needed] Another survey attributed to Britannica shows the population of atheists at around 2.4% of the world's population.[citation needed] It is difficult to determine whether atheism is growing or not. What is certain is that in some areas of the world (such as Europe and South America) atheism and secularization are increasing, and in other areas of the world (such as China and other current and former Communist states), atheism is decreasing. This shifting data of these populations makes assessment difficult. Furthermore, the conflation of terms such as atheist, agnostic, nonreligious and non-theist add to confusion among poll data."
What numbers do you want to talk about atheist or something else Buddhist perhaps?

Location hidden

#4039 Mar 24, 2013
Normal Flora wrote:
From Lango's own link:
"Though atheists are in the minority in most countries, they are relatively common in Europe, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, in former and present communist states, and to a lesser extent, in the United States and the Southern Cone. A 2012 Pew Research study found 16 percent of the global population to be religiously unaffiliated, making it the third-largest religious group.[12] A 1995 survey attributed to the Encyclopædia Britannica indicates that atheists are about 3.8% of the world's population.[citation needed] Another survey attributed to Britannica shows the population of atheists at around 2.4% of the world's population.[citation needed] It is difficult to determine whether atheism is growing or not. What is certain is that in some areas of the world (such as Europe and South America) atheism and secularization are increasing, and in other areas of the world (such as China and other current and former Communist states), atheism is decreasing. This shifting data of these populations makes assessment difficult. Furthermore, the conflation of terms such as atheist, agnostic, nonreligious and non-theist add to confusion among poll data."
"A 1995 survey attributed to the Encyclopædia Britannica indicates that atheists are about 3.8% of the world's population."

"Another survey attributed to Britannica shows the population of atheists at around 2.4% of the world's population"

"and in other areas of the world (such as China and other current and former Communist states), atheism is decreasing. "

Location hidden

#4040 Mar 24, 2013
Normal Flora wrote:
It seems that Lango carefully cherry picks his "data." First choose the conclusion, then go in search of something to support it. Intellectual dishonesty at its most egregious.
Again what numbers are you looking for?

I quoted atheist numbers not Buddhist.
Or baby numbers. Just people who call themselves atheist. That would be about 2% would wide, backed up by many surveys and over twenty years all its done is gone down.

Location hidden

#4041 Mar 24, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>I see you only copied the part where I repeated your assertion but left out the most important part of the sentence.

Truly you are desperate to rely on such dishonesty.

Wifey has 2 friends out and the three ladies were in the guest bedroom working on calculus for an upcoming test tonight.

Again prove that I didn't go to the philippines and donate time and money to help out the poor. Prove wifey isn't in pre med classes at UofL.

Hurry up b1tch you made the assertions now back it up or lose. Again.
I never said see was not in school.

"Again prove that I didn't go to the philippines and donate time and money to help out the poor. Prove wifey isn't in pre med classes at UofL."

OMG. Sticking with this lie I see!!!!

LMAO. Hahahahaha!!!

Location hidden

#4042 Mar 24, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>more theist lies from the desperate godless.
LOL. Very Good.
bobby takes his parents to church every Sunday and lives in the basement of mommy's home. I have a friend down there in Texas that knows him.
He spends a lot of time in the 18+ book stores if you know what I mean.

How would you know if I know who he is or not?

Location hidden

#4043 Mar 24, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>Its always nice to see a previous continuous title holder hand over the title without anger
Amen brother! Congrads on the new title.

Location hidden

#4044 Mar 24, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>So your wife is coming over?
Thinking (not) can't have a wife can he?
He sound way to gay.

Location hidden

#4045 Mar 24, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>You feel threatened by mere words? You are very sad.
You can't read mere words. If you could you could not make this claim.
Thinking

Mirfield, UK

#4046 Mar 24, 2013
Prove it.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't read mere words. If you could you could not make this claim.
Thinking

Mirfield, UK

#4047 Mar 24, 2013
"2/3rds of Britons not religious."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12799801
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"A 1995 survey attributed to the Encyclopædia Britannica indicates that atheists are about 3.8% of the world's population."
"Another survey attributed to Britannica shows the population of atheists at around 2.4% of the world's population"
"and in other areas of the world (such as China and other current and former Communist states), atheism is decreasing. "

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#4048 Mar 24, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>If you are truly laughing out loud, there are mental health professionals that may be able to help you.
Lol! That's the best you got? Really!

Location hidden

#4049 Mar 24, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>Thinking (not) can't have a wife can he?
He sound way to gay.
Yep! He's probably playing butt darts as we speak.

Location hidden

#4050 Mar 24, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Prove it.
Prove it? Bwahahahahahahaha!

Location hidden

#4051 Mar 24, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>"2/3rds of Britons not religious."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12799801
Who cares.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4052 Mar 24, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not hear about her before reading your post.
"In March 2008, Kern made national headlines when she stated:
Studies show that no society that has totally embraced homosexuality has lasted more than, you know, a few decades. So it's the death knell of this country. I honestly think it's the biggest threat our nation has, even more so than terrorism or Islam which I think is a big threat, okay?'Cause what's happening now is they are going after, in schools, two-year olds...And this stuff is deadly, and it's spreading, and it will destroy our young people, it will destroy this nation![7][8]
After receiving attention for the remarks, Kern said "I said nothing that was not true" and refused to apologize.[7][9][10] She received a standing ovation from fellow Republican legislators in a private meeting a few days later.[11] In response to Kern's comments, hundreds of gay and lesbian rights supporters protested at the Oklahoma State Capitol.[12] Over 1500 people later turned out at the Capitol to support her.[13]
Kern claimed to have received death threats that caused her to hire a bodyguard.[14][15] The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation officer who reviewed Kern's emails said, "I wouldn't characterize them as death threats."[16]
Kern authored an op-ed counterpoint piece in the June 24, 2009 issue of the Oklahoma Gazette in which she argued, "Granting marriage status to homosexuals who comprise little more than 3 percent of the population would be like granting all applicants admission to a prestigious college just because a few meet the qualifications. That schools status would fall. Likewise, the status of marriage will fall if same-sex marriage is legalized."[17]
In late June 2009 Kern authored the "Oklahoma Citizens Proclamation for Morality" implicitly blaming gay marriage and President Barack Obama's official acknowledgment of Gay and Lesbian Pride Month (among other things) for the economic crisis which was then ongoing.[18]
During her 2010 re-election campaign, Kern made the sexual orientation and gender of her opponent a topic of her campaign.[19]
In an interview on the eve of the 10th anniversary of the September 11 attacks, she correlated homosexuality with HIV/AIDS, and reiterated her claim that homosexuality is a greater threat to the United States than terrorism, saying "Its more dangerous, and yes I think that its also more dangerous because it will tear down the moral fiber of this nation."[20]"
"On April 27, 2011, while debating in favor of SJR 15, a proposed constitutional amendment that would eliminate Affirmative Action in Oklahoma, Kern said:
We have a high percentage of blacks in prison, and thats tragic, but are they in prison just because they are black or because they dont want to study as hard in school? Ive taught school, and I saw a lot of people of color who didnt study hard because they said the government would take care of them.[21]
During the same debate, Kern also stated that
Women usually don't want to work as hard as a man... women tend to think a little bit more about their family, wanting to be at home more time, wanting to have a little more leisure time.[22]
On May 2, 2011, The Oklahoma State House of Representatives publicly reprimanded Kern for the comments she made which some people interpreted as unflattering to blacks and women during a debate on affirmative action. Rep. Mike Shelton, D-Oklahoma City, made the motion to reprimand her. A member objected, and the House voted 7617 to reprimand Kern.[23][24]"
Boy is a bytch!
She is one of the ugliest people in politics-- and I don't mean her looks--

-- her ugly is so deep, it pollutes anyone she is near...

But.

She IS a typical ReThuglican....
Thinking

Mirfield, UK

#4053 Mar 24, 2013
That's why the Daleks fear him.
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#4055 Mar 24, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep! He's probably playing butt darts as we speak.
Yeah, it takes a while for him to clean up afterwards, what with having to cover everything with tarps. Them Dirty Randies can be very unpredictable.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4056 Mar 24, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, it takes a while for him to clean up afterwards, what with having to cover everything with tarps. Them Dirty Randies can be very unpredictable.
Speaking from personal experience? The "dirty randies" I mean?

Sad.

After all this time, you still haven't got a clue...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#4057 Mar 24, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, it takes a while for him to clean up afterwards, what with having to cover everything with tarps. Them Dirty Randies can be very unpredictable.
Oh!

And thanks for your "peanut" on my post.

Obviously you are a FAN of Sally Kerns.

Just as obvious, you hate all gays with as much passion and ugliness as Kerns does.

No WONDER you husband left you-- your ugly goes all the way though...

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#4058 Mar 24, 2013
You were the one bringing it up so obviously the value of a cancer stick floating in a toilet is something on your mind.
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Myself? No.
You'd be the only phag I'd expect to find in such a place

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 21 min ChristineM 6,731
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 29 min Thinking 18,910
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 33 min Thinking 2,109
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr ChristineM 238,468
Is God a Perfect Being? 8 hr hpcaban 3
introvert and an atheist 9 hr 10uhsee 1
News .com | What hope is there without God? 14 hr Thinking 6
More from around the web