“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#3723 Mar 13, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
Apparently, Noah's flood was actually a Godkakke.
Oh, that's just wrong on so many levels .... and I'm not even including the mythical "blasphemy" one.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#3724 Mar 13, 2013
Lmfao!:)
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Not unless they have the magic underwear on at the time. If not, then it's actually a Catholic Convent.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#3725 Mar 14, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Evangelical Atheism seems to have stalled in the 1960s under the Warren Court.
CNN has devoted ten hours to the Roman Catholic Church today.
The new Pope is being given hours of coverage in all aspects of the media.
Dude, Stop. Just stop with the Evangelical Atheism thing.

Here's a hint - there's a religious concoction just in the word ev----angel----ical.

Unless you are suggesting that atheism is a result of angels sent to us to convey God's message. That would be an exquisite example of another word - paradox.

Nehwon

#3726 Mar 14, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
They all are.
So it wasn't all that difficult a guess, was it?
:)
I shall offer a counter argument. Papal history is much better than reality TV. It actually happened.

Just the Pope/Anti-pope stuff is a fix for political junkies.

Pope Benedict IX, the first known resignation and subsequent 3 time Pope was just Fabulous! Like Gay Pride Orgies in the Vatican fabulous.

Then there's the Pope who dug up his nemesis predecessor and put a corpse on trial. When said corpse refused to answer questions, it was found guilty of heresy in order to reverse any doctrines put in place.(See Stephen VI vs. Formosa)

This is stuff so ridiculous that even Survivor or American Idol wouldn't even try to script. It's just too far out there.

Nehwon

#3727 Mar 14, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
Then God has nothing on the ancient Egyptian gods.

Flood a planet? You need some more V!4qrA!

Ptah spewed an entire universe!

Since: Mar 11

United States

#3728 Mar 14, 2013
Well nobody will ever accuse that one of being a know not all :))
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, Stop. Just stop with the Evangelical Atheism thing.
Here's a hint - there's a religious concoction just in the word ev----angel----ical.
Unless you are suggesting that atheism is a result of angels sent to us to convey God's message. That would be an exquisite example of another word - paradox.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3729 Mar 14, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Three some? There were twelve guys and one girl that is a full on gangbang bukkake.
You are likely correct.

Of course, there were several other women mentioned in those early tales, so perhaps it was simply a good old-fashioned orgy.

A Jesus-orgy. That'd be heavenly, right?

... meh.

I'd still insist that condoms be used.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3730 Mar 14, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, that's just wrong on so many levels .... and I'm not even including the mythical "blasphemy" one.
Which is why it's funny.

:)

I can easily imagine the red-faced True Believerô reading that, and his blood pressure rising to the point of explosion.

Which, when I think about it, is even funnier.

They get so riles up over..

... what is, at it's core...

... simply nothing.

<LMAO>

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3731 Mar 14, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
I shall offer a counter argument. Papal history is much better than reality TV. It actually happened.
Just the Pope/Anti-pope stuff is a fix for political junkies.
Pope Benedict IX, the first known resignation and subsequent 3 time Pope was just Fabulous! Like Gay Pride Orgies in the Vatican fabulous.
Then there's the Pope who dug up his nemesis predecessor and put a corpse on trial. When said corpse refused to answer questions, it was found guilty of heresy in order to reverse any doctrines put in place.(See Stephen VI vs. Formosa)
This is stuff so ridiculous that even Survivor or American Idol wouldn't even try to script. It's just too far out there.
Oh, without a doubt. There are fairly lengthy periods in papal history, where the most common way to get to be pope, is to ensure the death of the previous pope (and likely much of his kin as well--including, naturally, any children of said pope-- a very common thing. Children of the pope that is)

One of my favorite links to throw into the faces of zealous catholics:

" http://www.somethingawful.com/d/most-awful/po... ;

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3732 Mar 14, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Well nobody will ever accuse that one of being a know not all :))
<quoted text>
Indeed.
Siro

Australia

#3733 Mar 15, 2013
Thinking wrote:
You're referring to pope Francis?
<quoted text>
Did I quote pope francis?
Idiot, go shove a fence post down your throat and do a handstand
Thinking

Mirfield, UK

#3734 Mar 15, 2013
Calm down, dear. You're a mess.
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I quote pope francis?
Idiot, go shove a fence post down your throat and do a handstand

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#3735 Mar 15, 2013
<quoted text>
You are likely correct.
Of course, there were several other women mentioned in those early tales, so perhaps it was simply a good old-fashioned orgy.
A Jesus-orgy. That'd be heavenly, right?
... meh.
I'd still insist that condoms be used.
Q: What's white and shoots across the sky?
A: The second coming of Jesus.

Q: Why did Jesus die on the cross?
A: He forgot his 'safe word'.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3736 Mar 15, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Q: What's white and shoots across the sky?
A: The second coming of Jesus.
Q: Why did Jesus die on the cross?
A: He forgot his 'safe word'.
Indeed. And his lovers, Mary & John had run off together anyway...
Lincoln

United States

#3737 Mar 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Indeed. And his anyway...
President Obama

The White House on Wednesday appointed Melissa Rogers, a Baptist lawyer whose career has specialized in religion's role in public life and in the government, to be director of the Office of Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships.

The faith-based office, launched under former President George W. Bush in part to provide federal grants for social services to religious groups, expanded under Obama to support broader cultural issues such as responsible fatherhood, reducing unintended pregnancies and promoting interfaith cooperation.

Location hidden

#3738 Mar 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
KJV aka Lincoln aka Langoliers aka 2% aka several other screen names stated that Noah is apparently not only still alive after all these centuries but actively tells people they are wrong for not accepting the worldwide flood!
I did? Think not.

Nut job warning. "Givemeliberty" is a few bricks short of a wall.

Location hidden

#3739 Mar 16, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>You lie about important matters, there is no reason to believe you on this inane one.
No one cares about you or your beliefs.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3740 Mar 17, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I did? Think not.
Nut job warning.
Extreme irony noted.

Location hidden

#3741 Mar 17, 2013
"Atheists are worrying studies show atheism is shrinking. Why is atheism on the decline?
Now that Christopher Hitchens has died...it seems that atheism is constantly going downhill.
And to top it all off...
Recently I was reading an article on how atheism is on the decline at http://www.shockawenow.net in the LINKS area. It seems that us atheists are not making good enough progress. The study shows atheism is actually now going backwards and shrinking world wide. About 300 people per day are leaving atheism as a result of the new world economy and atheism not answering the problems people have. What can we do as atheists to turn the tide and help atheism grow again..and not shrink any longer? Any ides?"

LOL. Oh no what can be done? Help!

LOL
Jimmy

London, UK

#3742 Mar 17, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
"Atheists are worrying studies show atheism is shrinking. Why is atheism on the decline?
Now that Christopher Hitchens has died...it seems that atheism is constantly going downhill.
And to top it all off...
Recently I was reading an article on how atheism is on the decline at http://www.shockawenow.net in the LINKS area. It seems that us atheists are not making good enough progress. The study shows atheism is actually now going backwards and shrinking world wide. About 300 people per day are leaving atheism as a result of the new world economy and atheism not answering the problems people have. What can we do as atheists to turn the tide and help atheism grow again..and not shrink any longer? Any ides?"
LOL. Oh no what can be done? Help!
LOL
Atheism's accuracy has never been dependent upon the number of people that are it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 min Chimney1 18,816
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 1 hr thetruth 6,124
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr thetruth 2,094
News Confessions of a black atheist 1 hr thetruth 456
News The Consequences of Atheism 1 hr thetruth 1,341
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr thetruth 238,298
News Gary Gutting and Alvin Plantinga "Is Atheism Ir... 17 hr geezerjock 1
More from around the web