“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3561 Mar 5, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Quantum has problems with history and logic
LOL!

As if YOU who I have no doubts at all, purchased your "diploma" from one of those on-line $39.95 "universities"....

LOL!
Lincoln

United States

#3562 Mar 5, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
As if YOU who I have no doubts at all, purchased your "diploma" from one of those on-line $39.95 "universities"....
LOL!
in other words
you do not have any evidence.

We just accept your word as divine

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#3563 Mar 5, 2013
Sorry man it's a difficult thing to deal with. Just keep on top of it as I know you do.
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mine started out as mere annoyances and got progressively worse over the years.
A piece of advice for anyone who is interested:
If your hemorrhoids are mere annoyances or are at the level where the pain is endurable, DON'T GET THE SURGERY. Believe me, you will know when the surgery is required. There will not be a single question.
<quoted text>
I just recently had an outbreak of gout in my big toe. That is another nasty business. I could not walk across the room.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#3564 Mar 5, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Podagra? Hope you get well soon. My uncle had that for a while and it brought a tear to the eye.
<quoted text>
Yep, that's it. I've been on a prednisone burst for the inflammation and am waiting to get in for a follow-up visit with my primary physician. It's much better than it was last week.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#3565 Mar 5, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Sorry man it's a difficult thing to deal with. Just keep on top of it as I know you do.
<quoted text>
This was my first real outburst, so I am still learning how to deal with it effectively. It definitely got my attention!

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#3566 Mar 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh, my Poly!
I'm so sorry to read you are suffering from that-- I've had several acquaintances who suffered from that (one who still does). It's an ugly turn that DNA has taken, for sure.
I do hope you are able to get it treated.
My genetics aren't so good in that direction. This whole getting old thing can be a drag.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3567 Mar 5, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
in other words
you do not have any evidence.
We just accept your word as divine
LOL!

LOL!

Wait... I was wrong-- you got the el-cheapo one at $9.95, didn't you?

LOL!

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#3568 Mar 5, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>Why should atheists love people who hate them?
I don't hate anyone.

Location hidden

#3569 Mar 5, 2013
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>Because Christians know not what they do!:-)
Already bashing. There are many Christians that know more than you and make more than you. So take a chill pill and relax.

Location hidden

#3570 Mar 5, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Wait one minute ... people call that beer?
American beer stinks!

Location hidden

#3571 Mar 5, 2013
<quoted text>LOL!

LOL!
Educational barrier

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#3572 Mar 5, 2013
Thinking wrote:
More pedantry from you.
An adult dog regularly eating its own is most likely to have been poorly treated.
<quoted text>
Most likely means most favorable. That is a big assumption with little data. Unless you mean most favorable as in most preferred which would make you sick and twisted. I will assume for the moment that you mean that there is a higher probability that the animal was abused than any of the other options available. I would still appreciate proof (if any) that your statement is accurate.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#3573 Mar 5, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Educational barrier
Stop complaining and get an education.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#3574 Mar 6, 2013
Straw man.

Most likely means most likely.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Most likely means most favorable. That is a big assumption with little data. Unless you mean most favorable as in most preferred which would make you sick and twisted. I will assume for the moment that you mean that there is a higher probability that the animal was abused than any of the other options available. I would still appreciate proof (if any) that your statement is accurate.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#3575 Mar 6, 2013
I know you won't be on it for long but the irony is that prednisone often causes weight gain just at the time when you're trying to put less weight on your toe.

Best wishes for a speedy improvement.
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, that's it. I've been on a prednisone burst for the inflammation and am waiting to get in for a follow-up visit with my primary physician. It's much better than it was last week.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#3576 Mar 6, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Straw man.
Most likely means most likely.
<quoted text>
I agree that you are using a strawman. There is no evidence that your statement is true. Abuse may be one of the many possibilities that a dog would eat it's own excrement but there is no evidence that it is the most likely of possibilities. That is an assumption on your part.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#3577 Mar 6, 2013
Wrong.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I agree that you are using a strawman. There is no evidence that your statement is true. Abuse may be one of the many possibilities that a dog would eat it's own excrement but there is no evidence that it is the most likely of possibilities. That is an assumption on your part.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#3578 Mar 6, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Wrong.
<quoted text>
Really?
Coprophagia is the eating and ingesting of feces.

Symptoms and Types

You may observe the dog eating dirt, clay, rocks, soap, or other items that can endanger the dog’s health. The largest organ system that is affected by this behavior is the gastrointestinal tract, especially if foreign objects are being swallowed. You may notice that the dog is vomiting, has loose stools, or has diarrhea. There may be weakness and lethargy in the dog.

Causes

There are several possible causes of dogs eating feces or other non-food items, including malnutrition, vitamin deficiency, increased appetite, or conditions such as diabetes, or thyroid disease. Parasites can be another of the causes for this behavior.

Medical Causes:

•Inflammatory bowel disease
•Diabetes
•Intestinal parasites
•Anemia
•Increased hunger
•Neurological disease
•Vitamin deficiency
•Malnutrition
•Thyroid disease
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#3579 Mar 6, 2013
So what? You still used a straw man.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Really?
Coprophagia is the eating and ingesting of feces.
Symptoms and Types
You may observe the dog eating dirt, clay, rocks, soap, or other items that can endanger the dog’s health. The largest organ system that is affected by this behavior is the gastrointestinal tract, especially if foreign objects are being swallowed. You may notice that the dog is vomiting, has loose stools, or has diarrhea. There may be weakness and lethargy in the dog.
Causes
There are several possible causes of dogs eating feces or other non-food items, including malnutrition, vitamin deficiency, increased appetite, or conditions such as diabetes, or thyroid disease. Parasites can be another of the causes for this behavior.
Medical Causes:
•Inflammatory bowel disease
•Diabetes
•Intestinal parasites
•Anemia
•Increased hunger
•Neurological disease
•Vitamin deficiency
•Malnutrition
•Thyroid disease

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#3581 Mar 6, 2013
Thinking wrote:
So what? You still used a straw man.
<quoted text>
You are the one that was making inaccurate claims. I have yet to see proof that abuse is the most likely cause of Coprophagia in dogs..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min Eagle 12 232,918
Yes, atheists can be fundamentalists 1 hr Thinking 3
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr Thinking 2,293
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 1 hr TheHeadlines 145
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 10 hr Mikko 2
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 11 hr Thinking 3
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) Sat polymath257 23,199
More from around the web