“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3396 Feb 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I know more about biology than you could even comprehend, and have proven it on Topix time and again. I recently learned how hormones effect cell growth and structure, and how the chemicals produced by the cells react with other chemicals to produce the effect we call life. It's fascinating, and the lectures kept me enthralled for hours. You should try to learn it some day.
To learn?

Siro would need to first... obtain a working brain from somewhere or other...

... the one he's using now is pretty much destroyed already.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3397 Feb 22, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I subscribe to lots of BBC radio's science programmes. This one on epigenetics demonstrated how grandparents' environmental factors can be passed down two generations.
www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00wdjgl
<quoted text>
Kewel. Thanks!

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#3398 Feb 22, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
McDonald's isn't >that< bad, in small doses.
It's biggest failing, is they use too much sodium in their products (for taste, naturally).
And of course, any soft drink is an exercise in excess-- excess sodium, excess sucrose/fructose, excess-excess.(except, possibly...water)
However, if you stick to Micky-D's salads? They are not that bad for you-- typically having a nice mix of veggies in addition to the lettuce. Of course, you'd want to go easy on the dressing... <ha!>
That's the difficult part - resisting a great tasting dressing with other assorted condiments of various cheeses and croutons.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3399 Feb 22, 2013
MrDesoto1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the difficult part - resisting a great tasting dressing with other assorted condiments of various cheeses and croutons.
Aye... tha's the problem, innit?

:)

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#3400 Feb 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Well, the surgery isn't normally bad, if there are no complications the results are usually great. But I had complications due to doctors misdiagnosing it for several years, and thus the gallbladder was dead and in the early stages of rupturing. Matters got more complicated because I kept getting infections in an unrelated location, so had to take antibiotics before my bowels had even had a chance to restore the flora balance. So now it's all just a mess and even today I'm finding things I cannot eat. Recently learned even turkey is bad news for me, which completely sucks because it's one of my favorite meats, and it's cheap. But for me eating a turkey sandwich is like eating 5 pounds of cheddar cheese in one sitting, not a good idea.
I know I tend to hit under the belt and am cruel at times, but I really do hope you get better.

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#3401 Feb 22, 2013
<quoted text>McDonald's isn't >that< bad, in small doses.

It's biggest failing, is they use too much sodium in their products (for taste, naturally).

And of course, any soft drink is an exercise in excess-- excess sodium, excess sucrose/fructose, excess-excess.(except, possibly...water)

However, if you stick to Micky-D's salads? They are not that bad for you-- typically having a nice mix of veggies in addition to the lettuce. Of course, you'd want to go easy on the dressing... <ha!>
McDonalds is horrible!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#3402 Feb 22, 2013
<quoted text>
McDonald's isn't >that< bad, in small doses.
Yes, I was actually just joking, McD's doesn't have enough grease to help my digestive tract, actually, due to how long they let their meat sit before serving it. Fast food is really food you buy in the grocery store, and most people don't want to know that so they deny it. They just have machines to help prepare it faster is all. McD's meat sits to strain the grease from it, many fast food places do that. Raw veggies are a huge no for my digestive system, it can't handle them now.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#3403 Feb 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Give it time, is all I can advise, here.
And lots and lots of active yogurt-- if you cannot stand the taste? You can get active yogurt cultures in capsule form.
But I recommend the Greek style over the other sorts-- it seems to be a wee bit better at balancing your gut's flora & fauna.
(speaking from long experience, here-- a survivor of ulcerative colitis myself)
Hang in there---eventually your system'll adapt.
Thanks, but yeah, I have an aversion to most dairy products and yogurt tastes like rotten milk to me so I can't stomach it. If they could make a yogurt that tasted like cheese, that could work, or better like beef jerky. lol

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#3404 Feb 22, 2013
<quoted text>
That's highly insulting to ...
... both bridges and trolls...
<eyeroll>
Yes, I am sorry to all the trolls and bridges out there.:P

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#3405 Feb 22, 2013
<quoted text>
That sucks, man-- sorry to read that. I love me my raw fruits, I does.
... meh.
This is just another example of the crappy "design" of the human digestive system, I say--
-- if there is a god? He's a dick. A real sadist, for foisting on us such a crappy energy system.
I mean-- we >>could<< have had green skin, and been able to make our own basic sugars directly from sunlight....
... but noooooo... the Bible-god was too inept a designer, I guess.
(or else, simply suffering from a severe case of not existing at all...)
Fruits I can eat, but keeping them fresh for long is the challenge. lol

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3406 Feb 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I was actually just joking, McD's doesn't have enough grease to help my digestive tract, actually, due to how long they let their meat sit before serving it. Fast food is really food you buy in the grocery store, and most people don't want to know that so they deny it. They just have machines to help prepare it faster is all. McD's meat sits to strain the grease from it, many fast food places do that. Raw veggies are a huge no for my digestive system, it can't handle them now.
That is unfortunate for you-- I love me my raw veggies & fruits.

Hopefully, in time, your system will recover.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3407 Feb 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, but yeah, I have an aversion to most dairy products and yogurt tastes like rotten milk to me so I can't stomach it. If they could make a yogurt that tasted like cheese, that could work, or better like beef jerky. lol
Then I suggest looking at raw (unpasteurized) cheeses-- these are available in the better markets.

There are several that are supposed to aid the digestive processes (but I cannot list them off the top of my head just now).

Also, there are capsules of the yogurt bacteria cultures, available in health food stores...

(I always wondered at that rather silly phrase: "health food". Is not all food, at it's most basic, health? In that it keeps us alive? <heh> )

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3408 Feb 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I am sorry to all the trolls and bridges out there.:P
:D

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3409 Feb 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Fruits I can eat, but keeping them fresh for long is the challenge. lol
That is true. Have you experimented with dried fruits?

Instead of candy, I keep packages of dried fruits around the place-- then when I get a craving for something sweet, I open one of those.

I get lovely fiber, some nice vitamins and it satisfies my sweet craving.

But too much fruit for me, acts like a strong dose of ... ex-lax, so I have to keep it moderate.

Siro

Seven Hills, Australia

#3410 Feb 23, 2013
And the heart wrenching sob story continues.........

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#3411 Feb 23, 2013
Siro wrote:
And the heart wrenching sob story continues.........
Nobody sheds a tear for your fictional jesus here I'm afraid.
Siro

Seven Hills, Australia

#3412 Feb 23, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Well seeing as I dont tell any that just shows what a liar you are.
Siro

Seven Hills, Australia

#3413 Feb 23, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me correct myself...I dont tell stories about a fictional Jesus, I believe that Jesus was a real person on this earth and he did many good things.
Was he the son of God?
I dont know, I am not a christian and donot believe I should lecture on whether he was or wasnt (unlike your ilk who say whatever they feel like at any given time and cannot hold a position as true continually and instead go into a groupthink mode and change their opinion according to the God hating celebrity of the day here on Topix).
Time and time again I have told you utter imbeciles that I am not a christian and like other believers in God I donot flippantly change my belief in my Creator (and yours too) just to go with the flow.
And time and time again you flotsam and jetsum of the internet insist I am a christian because some new 'god' of the week amongst you phlegmbots (usually Boob of Queer Fetishes) said so.
I respect the work of Jesus and if his legacy was not under Gods guidance then it should have disappeared instead of being a major faith on this earth.
Apollonius of Tyrana and Simon Magus were around at the same time and their works and legacies are......forgotten.
What have you got to offer?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3414 Feb 23, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed.

The fact that if Jewsus was actually real, he'd have been queenly-gay, is a most amusing turn-about for these people, is it not?

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#3416 Feb 23, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Look cosmos meditator, take a chill pill or whatever you use for hypertension. I proved it a long time ago and that is all there is to it. Don't like it, too bad. Lol!
I never saw it. Perhaps you could post it again.
Meditation would do you some good, but you won't allow it to. I'm proud to be called a 'cosmos meditater', just in case you were thinking that was an insult.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr NoahLovesU 239,086
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 2 hr NoahLovesU 7,457
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 hr NoahLovesU 7,359
News Phil Robertson talks against Atheists 3 hr Rosa_Winkel 104
why Atheists believe in incest,pedophilia and b... 16 hr hpcaban 30
News .com | What hope is there without God? May 20 Kaitlin the Wolf ... 26
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) May 20 thetruth 2,171
More from around the web