created by: -Skeptic- | May 28, 2011

Atheism

24 votes

If your identity was revealed online, would you continue to post on topix?

Click on an option to vote

• Duh, of course!
  • Maybe, but I might tone it down a little
  • No way, its game over for me and my career
  • I would hack topix and delete it
  • I would pray god was real
nina

Surrey, Canada

#1 May 28, 2011
it did happen to me on the Elvis forum here on topix

but, I carried on as before

the person who exposed me seem to think that showing my picture and revealing that I am overweight would somehow shame me into not saying that Elvis was accountable for his actions and death and not other people.

it didn't work.

now I include the link to my blog, although, I have deleted my former website for my now defunct company Lavender Productions, not because of the exposure, but because I had stopped writing

hmmmm, now that I've restarted, I guess I'll have to decide if I want to reactivate the site....

I have always used my first real name on this site.

nina

http://ntrygg.wordpress.com
redneck

Cave Junction, OR

#2 May 28, 2011
Your IQ and postings are above average and I am certian that you are attractive to those that matter.
nina

Surrey, Canada

#3 May 28, 2011
being overweight is something that I actually don't mind being

it has served several purposes for me, one of which is to filtre out shallow people.

I used to be active in organized SF fandom and a friend of mine lost 100 pounds and she was very distressed that the guys who had been friendly and behaved like older brothers to her suddenly began to indicate sexual interest in her

it distressed her because she was still the same person, just in a smaller package and her distress at the change in other people's behavior resulted in her gaining back 150 pounds.

I became overweight as a teenager, depression driven - we had moved from the city to a rural area and the culture shock, having to start over making friends and resetting the family dynamic was major factors

my mom, well meaning of course, would say things like you won't get a boyfriend if you're fat

so I expect that even though I wasn't yet out, on a level, I became fat to make sure I didn't get what I didn't want

Genetic play a role and really, I think it's more the stress of being fat than being fat that is the cause of health problems

when you consider that less fatphobic countries do not have the same health problems as in US/Canada

but it's true, to anyone who counts, what matters is the quality of you as a person, not the quantity of you

it's a difficult message and why eating is such a messed up thing, both over and under eating.
Amused

Lowell, MA

#4 May 31, 2011
I posted on Usenet on alt.flame for years, using my real name. Didn't lose a minute's sleep over it.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#5 Jun 1, 2011
test

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#6 Jun 26, 2011
It would be quite simple for anyone to connect the dots, and figure out my real name.

I've listed any number of clues, not intentionally, but it just was.

Wouldn't matter one way or another, really.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#7 Aug 30, 2012
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
It would be quite simple for anyone to connect the dots, and figure out my real name.
I've listed any number of clues, not intentionally, but it just was.
Wouldn't matter one way or another, really.
Wind me up again!

&fe ature=fvwrel

I wanna die laffin.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#8 Aug 31, 2012
My real name and city are easily found, and I don't think that changes the way I post. I think of the other writers as real people with feelings that can be hurt, so I try to practice as much kindness on the internet as I do in the real world. I'm actually a bit puzzled when other writers write posts that are cruel to the point of viciousness. I guess their empathy is not sufficient to overcome their anger. Still strange, though.

Location hidden

#9 Sep 7, 2012
NightSerf wrote:
My real name and city are easily found, and I don't think that changes the way I post. I think of the other writers as real people with feelings that can be hurt, so I try to practice as much kindness on the internet as I do in the real world. I'm actually a bit puzzled when other writers write posts that are cruel to the point of viciousness. I guess their empathy is not sufficient to overcome their anger. Still strange, though.
So Bob puzzles you?

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#10 Sep 8, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>So Bob puzzles you?
Actually, he does. Where does all that piss and vinegar come from? Does he antagonize folks just for the fun of it as he often says or is there genuine animosity behind it? I don't know. I do know that his posts make this a more interesting place ant that his absence would would make for a drier read--imagine a forum where all of the posts were like mine--it would be too stuffy even for me! But he is among those who believe that anything worth saying is worth repeating, isn't he? I tend to err in the other direction, repeating myself as rarely as I can manage. Between us, there is balance...

Location hidden

#11 Sep 8, 2012
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, he does. Where does all that piss and vinegar come from? Does he antagonize folks just for the fun of it as he often says or is there genuine animosity behind it? I don't know. I do know that his posts make this a more interesting place ant that his absence would would make for a drier read--imagine a forum where all of the posts were like mine--it would be too stuffy even for me! But he is among those who believe that anything worth saying is worth repeating, isn't he? I tend to err in the other direction, repeating myself as rarely as I can manage. Between us, there is balance...
Well, he didn't call you a $5 whore just for making fun of his favorite author, did he? That's right, he typed that response in, repeatedly, on several different threads for several months. It wasn't terribly funny after the third time.:-/

I hope he's gone for good but I'm not counting on it.

“God=Registered Sex Offender!”

Since: Jul 12

Wylie, TX

#12 Sep 9, 2012
Lordy, it's easy to find me. I'm the morbidly obese choir member at the Wylie First Baptist Church (Wylie, Texas) and you can see me on Youtube correcting the pastor every time he opens his yammering maw about biblical prophecy.

I also teach Vacation Bible School and I'm a sharpshooter, demolitions expert, bake-off winner, and card-carrying member of the Order of Baptist Extremists, Baptist Marksmen and I've applied to be a Card Carrying Baptist.

I was cleared in the shooting death of my late husband because he never told me he was a sleepwalker. I was also cleared on all charges of careless discharge of weapons as I told the judge, "That sucker shoulda ducked."

My beautiful low contralto voice is often used in our church's holiday presentation to represent the voice of God.

Location hidden

#13 Sep 10, 2012
Maybe Bob found God. He did once claim that if God ever gave him a sign that he would stop flaming on Topix.

XD

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#14 Jan 21, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
Maybe Bob found God. He did once claim that if God ever gave him a sign that he would stop flaming on Topix.
XD
Nope.... your god is still as mythical as is your lost reputation.

Sad, really-- you almost make up a whole human being.

Almost.
Thinking

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#15 Jan 24, 2013
Why did you want a $5 wh*re?
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Well, he didn't call you a $5 whore just for making fun of his favorite author, did he? That's right, he typed that response in, repeatedly, on several different threads for several months. It wasn't terribly funny after the third time.:-/

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#16 Jan 25, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Why did you want a $5 wh*re?
<quoted text>
I suspect because she's fresh out of cigarettes...

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#17 Jan 26, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Well, he didn't call you a $5 whore just for making fun of his favorite author, did he? That's right, he typed that response in, repeatedly, on several different threads for several months. It wasn't terribly funny after the third time.:-/
where is your tag team buddy Lil Ticked? Oh yes, that's right she f*cked off after being ousted for being a creationist posing as an atheist.

Looks like you're on your own here now...until she comes back when the coast is clear I suppose.

You can try proving your god now. Oh wait, you can't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 15 min Eagle 12 227,459
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 19 min BeHereNow 45
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Mikko 22,190
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr Patrick 925
Stump a theist with 2 questions 5 hr Patrick 26
An atheist returns to Christ (Jan '09) 7 hr True Christian wi... 4,086
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 18 hr Patrick 189
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••