Why do Americans still dislike atheists?

Apr 30, 2011 Full story: www.washingtonpost.com 38,673

Long after blacks and Jews have made great strides, and even as homosexuals gain respect, acceptance and new rights, there is still a group that lots of Americans just don't like much: atheists.

Full Story
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#39843 Jul 10, 2012
Constitution-lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Have read all versions and I have it 100% right. No sense in argueing with me I am right. We are both christians that is clear. I wish you could understand what heaven and hell is but it doesnt matter as long as you trust and love God and take Jesus as your savior.
Never Intended In Arguing With You......My Take....Christ Died For All Of our Sins, but, This Does Not Mean You Are " Saved " By His Grace. You Will Be judged And Judged by Your " Works "

It is Not Enough Just To Accept Jesus As Your Savior.

in Revelations, It Speaks Of Christs Return, His Return Constitutes The Bringing The Kingdom Of God To The Mount Of Olives.

At This Time " All Who Ever Lived, Will Be Resurrected And Judged.

Now, How Can He Resurrect You And Judge You, If You Are Already In Heaven ?

I Too Have Read The Bible Many Times In Its Entirety.

It Speaks Of Not Following Traditions of Man...IE Christmas....
Or Being Vain Enough To Celebrate Your Birthday...IE Christmas
Or It Being A Shame For A Man To Have Long Hair.

Or, To Worship Idols...Like The Saints in Every Catholic Church Today.

Or, To Not Have Graven Images....The Sign Of The Cross Sits Atop Most All Organized Religions.

Celebrate His Life, Not His Death.

And, Remember The Sabbath Day And Keep It Holy.....The Sabbath Is Saturday....Roman Emperor Constantine, Change This To Sunday To Keep The Peace And Allow Worship Of The Sun God.

My Worthy Friend, Some Advice.

Seek The Truth, Do Not Be Told What The Bible Says, Do Not Interpret The Scripture....Take It For Face Value With-in The Context.

And, Look For A Church That Teaches And Promotes The Ten Commandments. These Are Laws That Cannot Be Abolished.

So, If A Church Doesn't Keep The Sabbath, And Has Idols In Its Midst....Or, A Graven Image Atop Its Roof,Or Has You Calling A Ordinary Man " Father "....In My Opinion, It Cannot Be Of God Or Jesus.

Always Seek The Truth.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#39844 Jul 10, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Since His Religious Cult Is Dying, He Needs To Spam The Atheist Forum with Proven Lies to Recruit.
The Jokes On You Bub.....While My Christian Friend And I Are Watching The Apocalypse From Safety...It Is You Who Will Be Dying Out, And Begging For Forgiveness.

Whats Really Sad IS, Even Then, You Will Still Be Offered A Chance. Thats One I Would Not Offer.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#39847 Jul 10, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jokes On You Bub.....While My Christian Friend And I Are Watching The Apocalypse From Safety...It Is You Who Will Be Dying Out, And Begging For Forgiveness.
Whats Really Sad IS, Even Then, You Will Still Be Offered A Chance. Thats One I Would Not Offer.
pffffffff haha you believe in the apocalypse :D
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#39848 Jul 10, 2012
<quoted text>
Being you support a Saturday as the sabbath. You must not be a protestant or catholic. What religion do you follow?
I Do Not Follow Any Of Them....Because They Refuse To Teach The Truth. In My Travels I Have Attended A Few Different Denominations...However, Most Are Hypocritical And Do Not Follow The Word. Its One Thing To Talk The Talk....But To Bend The Rules To Keep The Flock ?

Look Up The Sabbath In A Dictionary, Look At Which Day Is The Seventh Day On Your Calender...This Is A Commandment...Not A Request.

I Do Not Presume To Know All The Answers....Nor Am I Without Fault.
But, I Do Know What I Read,

The Biggest Deception On Mankind Is The Worship Done On Sunday....For Satan Has Them Worshipping His Day.....Sun God....Illuminated One...???
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#39849 Jul 10, 2012
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
pffffffff haha you believe in the apocalypse :D
You Will Too.....Soon

And, I'll Be Eating Popcorn, Watching You Beg.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#39850 Jul 10, 2012
Is the U.N. Trying to Regulate Your Guns?
Posted on July 9, 2012 at 8:30pm by Christopher Santarelli

The U.N. this month begins negotiations on what will be the first legally binding global treaty that seeks to regulate the international arms trade while trying to prevent the transfer of weapons to armed groups and terrorists. The participation of the United States in talks with foreign nations on regulation that could affect American gun rights has some gun-owners in the states concerned. Proponents of the treaty, including the Obama administration, say it has no standing on domestic policy. Critics argue that the wording is expected to be so vague that it will allow some pretty big loopholes that would eventually lead to the infringement of Second Amendment rights.

In response to a letter sent to the president last week from over 100 lawmakers expressing opposition to the pending treaty if it impinges on gun rights and U.S. sovereignty in any way, The Hill reports Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security Rose Gottemoeller has released a list of “redlines” that the administration has established for the treaty:

• The Second Amendment to the Constitution must be upheld.

• There will be no restrictions on civilian possession or trade of firearms otherwise permitted by law or protected by the U.S. Constitution.

• There will be no dilution or diminishing of sovereign control over issues involving the private acquisition, ownership, or possession of firearms, which must remain matters of domestic law.

• The U.S. will oppose provisions inconsistent with existing U.S. law or that would unduly interfere with our ability to import, export, or transfer arms in support of our national security and foreign policy interests.

• The international arms trade is a legitimate commercial activity, and otherwise lawful commercial trade in arms must not be unduly hindered.

• There will be no requirement for reporting on or marking and tracing of ammunition or explosives.

• There will be no lowering of current international standards.

• Existing nonproliferation and export control regimes must not be undermined.

• The ATT negotiations must have consensus decision making to allow us to protect U.S. equities.

• There will be no mandate for an international body to enforce an ATT.

The Washington Times editorial board expressed Thursday their worries about the upcoming negotiations:

The recent Obamacare debate over the Constitution’s Commerce Clause highlighted that goods and services need not actually cross state lines to be considered “interstate.” Successive Supreme Court rulings have extended the term to any commerce that even indirectly affects interstate markets – which in practice means all commerce. A ratified treaty, with constitutional authority, could be interpreted in a way that any weapon made with foreign components – or that might some day be exported, or that affects the overall arms market – could be said to be part of “international” trade.

There is also concern that human rights language could act as an impediment to arms sales that would otherwise be considered legal – for example, if the U.S. sold arms to Israel, other arab nations could object on “humanitarian grounds”, etc.

Negotiations, which Iran are a part of, are expected to conclude by the end of the month – should a deal be reached, it would need to be ratified by the Senate – which is now in the control of the Democrats. The treaty has been debated as a potentially serious measure to slowdown violence in rouge nations, but the outcome of the negotiations could at the same time have implications on U.S. elections this November and longstanding frustrations from Americans towards U.N. policy

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#39851 Jul 10, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
You Will Too.....Soon
And, I'll Be Eating Popcorn, Watching You Beg.
nope

Since: Feb 10

Ripley, TN

#39852 Jul 10, 2012
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Well ... there's the real me. Bike looks like a pee-row ... I know. Got a windshield, bags, driver back rest, tach and ammeter since this was taken ... get'n 'er ready for the long road. Went on 300 mile ride on Saturday. Thought I was gonna die a slow agonizing butt death. Thinking about a "wooden bead comfort pad".
pic did not come out but with the temp situation would keep the wind in hair,as much as possible,wanted to go to sturgis but it was not in the budget..:(

Ripley, TN

#39853 Jul 10, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't post under your real name, honey,*I* posted your real name for you and it wasn't hard. When you have a record for being drunk multiple times- not hard.
before you called me a bush wacker, I guess my being a green face, a black flagar trained in guerilla warfare that way and well versed in ambush tactics ,you could possibly come to that conclusion,so who did you cut and paste that term from? STUPID...

Ripley, TN

#39854 Jul 10, 2012
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Well ... there's the real me. Bike looks like a pee-row ... I know. Got a windshield, bags, driver back rest, tach and ammeter since this was taken ... get'n 'er ready for the long road. Went on 300 mile ride on Saturday. Thought I was gonna die a slow agonizing butt death. Thinking about a "wooden bead comfort pad".
nice looking bike, pic on now,the windshields are nice but make it a little shakey at low speeds,I like the shorter ones with limited ferring low windshields,was looking at a heritage soft tail classic with all the bells and whistles,been laid down needs some fixing but still way up in the price brackets,its a 2010, 1300 miles on it

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#39855 Jul 10, 2012
Let me know when you plan to ask a *relevant* question,
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
TTTH
I'll take that as a "never".

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#39856 Jul 10, 2012
VinceP wrote:
<quoted text> nice looking bike, pic on now,the windshields are nice but make it a little shakey at low speeds,I like the shorter ones with limited ferring low windshields,was looking at a heritage soft tail classic with all the bells and whistles,been laid down needs some fixing but still way up in the price brackets,its a 2010, 1300 miles on it
My first windshield and I really liked it in a couple thunderstorms got caught out in. My Yamahamer is an '02, paid for, and last bike I'm likely to ever own. Would really like something a little beefier than 1100 but goes fast enough I reckon.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#39857 Jul 10, 2012
<quoted text>
God is real and one day when you die you will find out the hard way as you fry in hell for all time.....Life is short eternity is a long time. So enjoy your sin and depravity today....
Now, that is true love! Imagine, a god who loves you enough, to fry your ass. It must be connected to his parenting style, after all he will make you eat your children. Now that is truly godly. LOL!

Earth,TX

#39858 Jul 10, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
So you and your Christain friend are free of ancestral bastards, are you, and for a minimum of no less than nine generations back, goody for you. You two should enjoy watching the bastard named Jesus burn, it will make you feel all holier than thou. And of course you wouldn't offer, ha ha, you are so, not like your Jesus.

Earth,TX

#39859 Jul 10, 2012
<quoted text>
Being you support a Saturday as the sabbath. You must not be a protestant or catholic. What religion do you follow?
He is a Cafeteria Christain, he picks and chooses what he will and won't obey. Like, he will only obey ten out of over 600 commandments. He also is busy taking over his saviors job now, he'll do all the judging so they won't even have to drag out the zombie vampire.
Namu Myoho Renge Kyo

Santa Monica, CA

#39860 Jul 10, 2012
See what well know atheist Sam Harris has to say about religion.
http://nichirenbuddhist.org/
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#39861 Jul 11, 2012
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>So you and your Christain friend are free of ancestral bastards, are you, and for a minimum of no less than nine generations back, goody for you. You two should enjoy watching the bastard named Jesus burn, it will make you feel all holier than thou. And of course you wouldn't offer, ha ha, you are so, not like your Jesus.
Your Post DEMONstrates How Unlike Jesus, You Are.
And How Seperate And Lonely It Is To Be A Atheist.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#39862 Jul 11, 2012
You Know Reason...Only An Idiot Would Vote For Obama For A Second Term.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#39863 Jul 11, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Post DEMONstrates How Unlike Jesus, You Are.
And How Seperate And Lonely It Is To Be A Atheist.
Yeah we're soo lonely. Why are you in the Atheist forum, if we're the lonely ones. did your cult reject you?

Since: Mar 11

United States

#39864 Jul 11, 2012
All this garbage is 99% Jehovah witness's and 1% Seven Day Adventist. Both are dangerous cults. I wish you would talk to my buddy Richard he's an Atheist but a former head elder of Jehovah's witnesses. It's very interesting how he went from being a life long member and even a popular preacher who traveled all around giving sermons and such to leaving the cult and becoming an Atheist. Sadly his wife won't leave not his children and grand kids. They all shun him call him apostate and such it's sad. After leaving that cult he was asked to join seven day advantist and other Protestant churches he turned them all down.

You should email him, be patient he's a very old man and doesn't respond immediately but his path to atheism is unique and his point of view is interesting as well.
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
Never Intended In Arguing With You......My Take....Christ Died For All Of our Sins, but, This Does Not Mean You Are " Saved " By His Grace. You Will Be judged And Judged by Your " Works "
It is Not Enough Just To Accept Jesus As Your Savior.
in Revelations, It Speaks Of Christs Return, His Return Constitutes The Bringing The Kingdom Of God To The Mount Of Olives.
At This Time " All Who Ever Lived, Will Be Resurrected And Judged.
Now, How Can He Resurrect You And Judge You, If You Are Already In Heaven ?
I Too Have Read The Bible Many Times In Its Entirety.
It Speaks Of Not Following Traditions of Man...IE Christmas....
Or Being Vain Enough To Celebrate Your Birthday...IE Christmas
Or It Being A Shame For A Man To Have Long Hair.
Or, To Worship Idols...Like The Saints in Every Catholic Church Today.
Or, To Not Have Graven Images....The Sign Of The Cross Sits Atop Most All Organized Religions.
Celebrate His Life, Not His Death.
And, Remember The Sabbath Day And Keep It Holy.....The Sabbath Is Saturday....Roman Emperor Constantine, Change This To Sunday To Keep The Peace And Allow Worship Of The Sun God.
My Worthy Friend, Some Advice.
Seek The Truth, Do Not Be Told What The Bible Says, Do Not Interpret The Scripture....Take It For Face Value With-in The Context.
And, Look For A Church That Teaches And Promotes The Ten Commandments. These Are Laws That Cannot Be Abolished.
So, If A Church Doesn't Keep The Sabbath, And Has Idols In Its Midst....Or, A Graven Image Atop Its Roof,Or Has You Calling A Ordinary Man " Father "....In My Opinion, It Cannot Be Of God Or Jesus.
Always Seek The Truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr Patrick 1,024
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Patrick 228,601
Is Religion Childish? 2 hr nOgOd 4
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 4 hr Eman 22,934
Heaven 5 hr Patrick 7
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 5 hr Patrick 5,938
Our world came from nothing? 5 hr _Bad Company 724

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE