Good News for atheists

Posted in the Atheism Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#1 May 25, 2013
Pope Francis says atheists can go to Heaven.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#2 May 25, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
Gee, I can now go to a place that does not exist because guy in a dress says so.

I can sleep better tonight.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#3 May 25, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, I can now go to a place that does not exist because guy in a dress says so.
I can sleep better tonight.
I am glad you can sleep better at night. You can thank Jesus for reconciling man to God and opening the Gates of Heaven for all.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#4 May 25, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad you can sleep better at night. You can thank Jesus for reconciling man to God and opening the Gates of Heaven for all.
Fictitious God, fictitious Heaven: no problems sleeping before or after.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#5 May 25, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fictitious God, fictitious Heaven: no problems sleeping before or after.
You can rest a lot better now if you are doing good for you fellow humankind.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#6 May 25, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't you seem to understand that we do not believe your myths. It makes us sleep no better when your pope declares atheists can get into heaven than it bothers us when the grand mufti of Baghdad declares we are going to hell.

We do good for our fellows, not to get into a mythical heaven, but because it is a good thing to do.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#7 May 25, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't you seem to understand that we do not believe your myths. It makes us sleep no better when your pope declares atheists can get into heaven than it bothers us when the grand mufti of Baghdad declares we are going to hell.
We do good for our fellows, not to get into a mythical heaven, but because it is a good thing to do.
You should want to show gratitude to Jesus who opened the Gates of Heaven for you.

You say it's a myth, I say it's not. The mystery of the Shroud of Turin has yet to be solved by science. Now don't quote me outdated science, for science constantly corrects itself as new data become available, and 21st century science cannot explain it. The Shroud of Turin is an unwritten record of the passion and death of Jesus the Christ.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#8 May 25, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he was being ironic. You seem to be just a parrot for ordinary conventional Christian orthodoxy. You might be more comfortable in an argument with other types of Christians, where you might be taken seriously. Here most thinking persons will think you are silly, at best.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#9 May 25, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
You should want to show gratitude to Jesus who opened the Gates of Heaven for you.
You say it's a myth, I say it's not. The mystery of the Shroud of Turin has yet to be solved by science. Now don't quote me outdated science, for science constantly corrects itself as new data become available, and 21st century science cannot explain it. The Shroud of Turin is an unwritten record of the passion and death of Jesus the Christ.
Words of a mentally ill theist who doesn't understand that there is no evidence of god and lying about it has no effect on intelligent people.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#10 May 25, 2013
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text>I think he was being ironic. You seem to be just a parrot for ordinary conventional Christian orthodoxy. You might be more comfortable in an argument with other types of Christians, where you might be taken seriously. Here most thinking persons will think you are silly, at best.
No sense in me preaching to the choir. I am anouncing the Good News to the atheist.

The Shroud of Turin is miraculous proof supporting the written Gospels of Jesus the Christ.

Location hidden

#11 May 25, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
No sense in me preaching to the choir. I am anouncing the Good News to the atheist.
The Shroud of Turin is miraculous proof supporting the written Gospels of Jesus the Christ.
Only idiots believe in the turin shroud. Its proven garbage there's no such thing as jesus - its a myth and fictional story.

Its a shame theist can't accept the bitter truth

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#12 May 25, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
*If* Jesus existed, then he was a human. Heaven is a myth.
You say it's a myth, I say it's not.
So you are wrong. Simple.
The mystery of the Shroud of Turin has yet to be solved by science. Now don't quote me outdated science, for science constantly corrects itself as new data become available, and 21st century science cannot explain it. The Shroud of Turin is an unwritten record of the passion and death of Jesus the Christ.
You disagree with the date because the sample was taken from the 'wrong spot'. OK, let science take a sample from a good spot. The problem, in this case, is that science cannot work without data and there is no new data available to answer the critics. You don't like the answers given before and won't let there be further tests.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#13 May 25, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Only idiots believe in the turin shroud. Its proven garbage there's no such thing as jesus - its a myth and fictional story.
Its a shame theist can't accept the bitter truth
It looks like you are the one denying the truth.

Location hidden

#14 May 25, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
It looks like you are the one denying the truth.
When you gain the courage to stop lying about god and seek real answers, we'll be happy to teach you how to become more moral and ethical human beings.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#15 May 25, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
*If* Jesus existed, then he was a human. Heaven is a myth.
<quoted text>
So you are wrong. Simple.
<quoted text>
You disagree with the date because the sample was taken from the 'wrong spot'. OK, let science take a sample from a good spot. The problem, in this case, is that science cannot work without data and there is no new data available to answer the critics. You don't like the answers given before and won't let there be further tests.
There are many ways ancient artifacts can be dated and they date the Shroud of Turin to the first century.

There are other things to consider than the date, and that is how the image was formed. Though there have been some methods used that give a superficial resemblance to the Shroud; however on closer inspection they are not even close. And there is no evidence any artist used these methods and why they would have used them to make an image that could not be appreciated until photography came into use 500 years later.

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

#16 May 25, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
Your man in the fabulous gold lame frock isn't so infallible after all.

Vatican corrects Pope: Atheists are still going to hell

http://www.examiner.com/article/vatican-corre...

It's just another of the multitude of lies perpetuated by your religion, just like The Fraud Of Turin.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#17 May 25, 2013
MrDesoto1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your man in the fabulous gold lame frock isn't so infallible after all.
Vatican corrects Pope: Atheists are still going to hell
http://www.examiner.com/article/vatican-corre...
It's just another of the multitude of lies perpetuated by your religion, like The Fraud Of Turin.
The Catechism of the Catholic Church agrees with the pope in that atheists can be saved through the mercy of Jesus Christ even if they are not baptized Catholics. However, the surest means of knowing one is saved is to be a baptized Catholic in sanctifying grace.

What does it mean to know the Catholic Church? An atheist may know of the Catholic Church and yet not know what she teaches. In cases like this they could be saved. Who knows there may be more atheists in heaven then Catholics, since to whom much is given much is required.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#18 May 25, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
So the holey buybull should soon catch up to what Pope Jesus has decided, right?
Esplain to me why the last pope wasn't Jesus too? And how your god got fooled into thinking he was.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#19 May 25, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catechism of the Catholic Church agrees with the pope in that atheists can be saved through the mercy of Jesus Christ even if they are not baptized Catholics. However, the surest means of knowing one is saved is to be a baptized Catholic in sanctifying grace.
What does it mean to know the Catholic Church? An atheist may know of the Catholic Church and yet not know what she teaches. In cases like this they could be saved. Who knows there may be more atheists in heaven then Catholics, since to whom much is given much is required.
Luckily Pope Jesus is a Jew, because the Jewish god Jehovah doesn't let non-Jews into his mythical heaven. Oops, wait Pope Jesus is a bastard, and not getting into any heaven. Buybull god said so,
amused

Lowell, MA

#20 May 25, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people don't need the promise of a magical reward to do the right thing. Some apparently do. The former are atheists, the latter, Catholics.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christianity Created Hitler 1 hr Uncle Sam 172
why? 2 hr Uncle Sam 13
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Joe fortuna 234,531
Richard Dawkins needs to get a life 13 hr thetruth 24
The Consequences of Atheism 13 hr ChristineM 68
Our world came from nothing? (Jul '14) 20 hr thetruth 1,233
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 20 hr thetruth 2,841
More from around the web