What is Uniquely Good about Western C...

What is Uniquely Good about Western Civilisation Derives from Christianity

There are 3 comments on the Free Republic story from Nov 1, 2013, titled What is Uniquely Good about Western Civilisation Derives from Christianity. In it, Free Republic reports that:

This video is for everybody, but it's mostly for the people in the counter-jihad movement, and among them, the atheists and agnostics.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

“you must not give faith”

Since: Jul 12

Leicester, UK

#1 Nov 2, 2013
"What is Uniquely Good about Western Civilisation Derives from Christianity" I don't even need to read this to know what is wrong, the thing that is uniquely good about western civilisation is secularism the idea that the law should favor no ideology. Christianity how ever wishes to ban things like gay marriage despite the fact that not everyone does/will believe in Christianity. So no western civilisation does not get it's goodness from Christianity, as Christianity in fact wishes to destroy secularism.
pearl

Midvale, UT

#2 Nov 4, 2013
Benjamin Frankly wrote:
"What is Uniquely Good about Western Civilisation Derives from Christianity" I don't even need to read this to know what is wrong, the thing that is uniquely good about western civilisation is secularism the idea that the law should favor no ideology. Christianity how ever wishes to ban things like gay marriage despite the fact that not everyone does/will believe in Christianity. So no western civilisation does not get it's goodness from Christianity, as Christianity in fact wishes to destroy secularism.
That's just the tip of the iceberg.

“you must not give faith”

Since: Jul 12

Leicester, UK

#3 Nov 5, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>That's just the tip of the iceberg.
Oh hell yes lots more, but the tip of this iceberg was enough to kill that headline so lets be fair to them and not use everything we have, they need the help...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 min Regolith Based Li... 34,793
News Millionaire Entrepreneur Wants to 'Make Atheism... 1 hr thetruth 397
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr ChristineM 14,915
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 2 hr Richardfs 5,597
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 hr ChristineM 20,055
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 2 hr Thinking 4,482
News How 'new atheists' are just as dangerous as the... 4 hr emperorjohn 133
News Your atheism isn&#x27;t going to keep your... (Apr '14) 4 hr emperorjohn 189
More from around the web