Atheists need to run an Alpha course of their own | Andrew Brown

Mar 25, 2013 Full story: The Guardian 12

'The Richard Dawkins approach is actually cementing creationism as a mark of Muslim identity in the west.' Photograph: Rex Features Just at the moment when it seems that Christian evangelicals are learning to engage with the outside world, the atheist ones are disappearing entirely into their own self-righteousness. Richard Dawkins tweeted last ... (more)

Full Story

“you must not give faith”

Since: Jul 12

Nottingham, UK

#1 Mar 26, 2013
"The problem of creationism can be tackled with dialogue. But Dawkinsite atheists seem unwilling to move beyond scorn"
All ready something dumb has been said. Creationists say that the bible, a book which bible endorses slavery in Leviticus 25:44-46, Exodus 21:2-6, Exodus 21:7-11, Exodus 21:20-21, Ephesians 6:5, 1 Timothy 6:1-2 and in Luke 12:47-48, is a good book... How can one move beyond scorn with this evil?

“New Kind'a Christian”

Since: Mar 13

New Orleans

#2 Mar 26, 2013
Those who have no argument other than scorn will eventually get pushed to the sidelines. Dawkins days are numbered (By that I mean the days of his influence.). Becuase ultimately, atheism leaves a vacuum in the mind and the soul.
Siro

Australia

#3 Mar 26, 2013
Benjamin Frankly wrote:
"The problem of creationism can be tackled with dialogue. But Dawkinsite atheists seem unwilling to move beyond scorn"
All ready something dumb has been said. Creationists say that the bible, a book which bible endorses slavery in Leviticus 25:44-46, Exodus 21:2-6, Exodus 21:7-11, Exodus 21:20-21, Ephesians 6:5, 1 Timothy 6:1-2 and in Luke 12:47-48, is a good book... How can one move beyond scorn with this evil?
There is no point bitching about slavery when the world buys all manner of crap from China (atheist government) and its slave labour camps just because its cheap.
Its a case of anything for a dollar, with dawkins he will spew out his crap as long as he has a fan base.
And as long as he has a fan base he will wring those suckers for a buck at every opportunity.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#4 Mar 26, 2013
Professor Dawkins simply follows the evidence and states the obvious - that this behaviour might reasonably be described as delusional...
https://www.google.co.uk/search...

https://www.google.co.uk/search...

Religion = superstition
Religion is divisive too.

Since: Dec 10

Orefield, PA

#5 Mar 26, 2013
Brother Edward wrote:
Those who have no argument other than scorn will eventually get pushed to the sidelines. Dawkins days are numbered (By that I mean the days of his influence.). Becuase ultimately, atheism leaves a vacuum in the mind and the soul.
Argument? Atheist don't need an argument since theists have yet to provide evidence that there is a god.

Atheism leaves a vaccuum in the mind and soul? LOL!!! That mus be why the VAST majority of scientists are atheist. As for the soul? LOL!!! Got proof? LOL!!!
Thinking

Mirfield, UK

#6 Mar 27, 2013
What letters did you omit between "kind" and "a"?
Brother Edward wrote:

Nottingham, UK

#7 Mar 27, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no point bitching about slavery when the world buys all manner of crap from China (atheist government) and its slave labour camps just because its cheap.
Its a case of anything for a dollar, with dawkins he will spew out his crap as long as he has a fan base.
And as long as he has a fan base he will wring those suckers for a buck at every opportunity.
There is a point to bitching about slavery, as if you don't it will never fade away. And why are you stating the fact that China has an atheist government, are their labour camps justified using atheism? No! Well then why did you bring it up?
On the subject of irreverent subjects why bring up Dawkins? I didnít mention him in my own words I only quoted the Guardian article.
Siro

Seven Hills, Australia

#8 Mar 28, 2013
Benjamin Frankly wrote:
<quoted text>
And why are you stating the fact that China has an atheist government, are their labour camps justified using atheism? No! Well then why did you bring it up?
Ask the Falun Gong, Tibetan buddhists, Uighur Muslims and Anti commie Christians doing time in those camps......most likely permanently.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#9 Mar 28, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask the Falun Gong, Tibetan buddhists, Uighur Muslims and Anti commie Christians doing time in those camps......most likely permanently.
Show us all where it says atheists must kill people???

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#10 Mar 28, 2013
Brother Edward wrote:
The only vacuum that exists is the proof of god

Since: Dec 10

Orefield, PA

#11 Mar 28, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Those folks are in there for being enemies of the state. Please give one instance of an atheist being convicted of being an enemy of the state, but than being spared because of their atheism.

Nottingham, UK

#12 Mar 29, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
-Skeptic- and The serpent was right have aready said what I was going to, I asked you are Chinaís labour camps justified using atheism? All you have done is list the religions the people inside them have. When you answer someoneís question it is best to answer question and not slap the questioner with a red herring.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 hr Morse 232,033
God' existence 9 hr Geezerjock 1
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 10 hr tha Professor 1,051
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 18 hr Morse 30
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Thu Ooogah Boogah 14,456
Young atheists: The political leaders of tomorrow Thu thetruth 6
Why Christians should stick up for atheists Thu thetruth 8

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE