dale_mcgowan

Jun 27, 2013 Full story: The Washington Post 10

In the wake of the April 2007 shootings at Virginia Tech, Dinesh D'Souza wrote an opinion piece asking why atheists are "nowhere to be found" in the response to a tragedy.

Full Story

“you must not give faith”

Since: Jul 12

Nottingham, UK

#1 Jun 28, 2013
Alarm bells started ringing when I read that Dinesh DíSouza stated that atheists did not help the Virginia after the shootings at Virginia Tech.
Note EVERYTHING Dinesh DíSouza does has a significant amount of stupid in it.

I think it is time we have a t-shirt when we atheists go to those in need, I give you a few examples and welcome any good ideas you guys can come up with.
"why are we shoving our unbelief down your throat cos the religious do it, and it's only fair we get to aidvertise too."

"would you accept my help if you know I was an atheist?... If no bad luck I'm still helping cos I'm less judgemental."

"why da F*** do I have to wear this!? Oh right fox news is saying I'm not here!"
Thinking

York, UK

#2 Jun 28, 2013
If you're building a career hiding religion's evils, you will feel the need to hide the positive acts of non-believers.

Shame that D'Souza couldn't have built a career on truth instead.
Benjamin Frankly wrote:
Alarm bells started ringing when I read that Dinesh DíSouza stated that atheists did not help the Virginia after the shootings at Virginia Tech.
Note EVERYTHING Dinesh DíSouza does has a significant amount of stupid in it.
I think it is time we have a t-shirt when we atheists go to those in need, I give you a few examples and welcome any good ideas you guys can come up with.
"why are we shoving our unbelief down your throat cos the religious do it, and it's only fair we get to aidvertise too."
"would you accept my help if you know I was an atheist?... If no bad luck I'm still helping cos I'm less judgemental."
"why da F*** do I have to wear this!? Oh right fox news is saying I'm not here!"

“you must not give faith”

Since: Jul 12

Nottingham, UK

#3 Jun 28, 2013
Thinking wrote:
If you're building a career hiding religion's evils, you will feel the need to hide the positive acts of non-believers.
Shame that D'Souza couldn't have built a career on truth instead.
<quoted text>
To be honest I don't think D'Souza could do that even if he wanted to.
Thinking

York, UK

#4 Jun 28, 2013
D'Souza: no free will in a godless world...
Benjamin Frankly wrote:
<quoted text>
To be honest I don't think D'Souza could do that even if he wanted to.

“you must not give faith”

Since: Jul 12

Nottingham, UK

#5 Jun 29, 2013
Thinking wrote:
D'Souza: no free will in a godless world...
<quoted text>
He doesn't say that does he?(just looked) S***! How does having a soul give you free will? How does the lack of a God = lack of souls? Why is D'Souza praised? and most importantly how did The Roots of Obamaís Rage make both the left and right laugh at the same time?
Thinking

York, UK

#6 Jun 29, 2013
You said D'Souza couldn't do something if he tried, so I parodied him.
Benjamin Frankly wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't say that does he?(just looked) S***! How does having a soul give you free will? How does the lack of a God = lack of souls? Why is D'Souza praised? and most importantly how did The Roots of Obamaís Rage make both the left and right laugh at the same time?

“you must not give faith”

Since: Jul 12

Nottingham, UK

#7 Jun 30, 2013
Thinking wrote:
You said D'Souza couldn't do something if he tried, so I parodied him.
<quoted text>
That was not a parody, he actually says that.
"D'Souza reasons that human behaviour makes no sense without free will, and free will cannot exist without a soul"
http://creation.com/review-whats-so-great-abo... in the "The ghost in the machine" section.
Thinking

York, UK

#8 Jul 1, 2013
Yes, you said D'Souza couldn't do something. I'm not disagreeing (sigh).

My input is the part that is parody.
Benjamin Frankly wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not a parody, he actually says that.
"D'Souza reasons that human behaviour makes no sense without free will, and free will cannot exist without a soul"
http://creation.com/review-whats-so-great-abo... in the "The ghost in the machine" section.

“you must not give faith”

Since: Jul 12

Leicester, UK

#9 Jul 1, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Yes, you said D'Souza couldn't do something. I'm not disagreeing (sigh).
My input is the part that is parody.
<quoted text>
I think I finally now get the joke.
Thinking

York, UK

#10 Jul 1, 2013
I didn't say it was a good joke.

:)
Benjamin Frankly wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I finally now get the joke.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Dally Mama 232,020
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 5 hr Even Steven 1,049
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 6 hr Ooogah Boogah 14,456
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 16 hr thetruth 29
Young atheists: The political leaders of tomorrow 16 hr thetruth 6
Why Christians should stick up for atheists 16 hr thetruth 8
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... Thu QUITTNER Nov 27 2014 31

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE