Ray Comfort recruits Christians to battle Atheists on Facebook

Mar 5, 2013 | Posted by: NightSerf | Full story: www.examiner.com

Evangelist Ray Comfort says he's receiving so many questions and comments from atheists on his Facebook page that he's found the need to recruit Christians to join the online conversation between hundreds if not thousands of people.

Comments
1 - 20 of 28 Comments Last updated Mar 18, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Reason's Greetings!”

Since: Feb 11

Pale Blue Dot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Ray Comfort is the laughing stock of Bananas everywhere.

Since: Sep 10

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Ray Dumbkopf is recruiting christians?

It sounds like he's trying to entice children into sexual acts with adults. That's what Dumbkopf and other wingnuts accuse gay people of doing, so it must be what the christards are doing.
Cujo

Regina, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Yup, he already knows his arguments don't hold up against the likes of Matt Dilahunty, Sam Harris, etc. This is nothing more than trying to exploit atheists, who may not be as educated on the subject and arguments, and maybe really don't care, they just don't believe in god. Kind of a bully move actually.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

I posted this story because I thought it was good for a laugh. How could anyone take Comfort seriously?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

The Banana Man!

We'll all be laughing at him for generations to come.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

I had to Google him. He's made no impact over here. I've since seen a really sad video where two guys talk about "banana hands" as proof of god.

Well, it's easier than taking years out to get a PhD, I guess.
NightSerf wrote:
I posted this story because I thought it was good for a laugh. How could anyone take Comfort seriously?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
I had to Google him. He's made no impact over here. I've since seen a really sad video where two guys talk about "banana hands" as proof of god.
Well, it's easier than taking years out to get a PhD, I guess.
<quoted text>
Ray is a laughing stock here, and anyone stupid enough to be associated with him inherits this comedic response, like Kirk Cameron.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

*snickers* Banana Man. *snickers* I can't help it, it makes me laugh.
Siro

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
*squeals* Banana Man.*squeals* I can't help it, it makes me randy.
I dont know about Comfort but I have heard of him.
Anyway if he hates you he must be okay.

The only banana man you know is a drunk named Lupe who will go home with anyone who buys him the last drink before the bar shuts. By the time he gets to your place he is so legless he passes out on your floor and the Tequila has made him absolutely flaccid.
This is why so relate so well to him because you have alot in common.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

You're projecting again.
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
The only banana man you know is a drunk named Lupe who will go home with anyone who buys him the last drink before the bar shuts. By the time he gets to your place he is so legless he passes out on your floor and the Tequila has made him absolutely flaccid.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you have a very strange fantasy.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

NightSerf wrote:
Well, think about it for a sec:

The people who think Comfort has anything useful to contribute?

Also think that snakes can talk, bushes can be on fire without burning, a woman can turn into salt, a man can live inside a giant fish, 18 foot tall giants are possible, a 900 year old man can make a wooden boat big enough to hold all the animals--and enough food for a year...

.. and the silliest of all? That a virgin can become pregnant without being impregnated first.

So, it kinda goes with the territory...

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Also think that snakes can talk, bushes can be on fire without burning, a woman can turn into salt, a man can live inside a giant fish, 18 foot tall giants are possible, a 900 year old man can make a wooden boat big enough to hold all the animals--and enough food for a year...
.. and the silliest of all? That a virgin can become pregnant without being impregnated first.
All that comes from their belief that their God can and does produce miracles. If that were true, none of the above would be so far-fetched as to be impossible. We , on the other hand, don't believe that their God exists at all. I think it's hard for either to really understand the other even when one was once the other. But even to all except the most gullible of believers, Comfort should seem foolish, no?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
All that comes from their belief that their God can and does produce miracles. If that were true, none of the above would be so far-fetched as to be impossible. We , on the other hand, don't believe that their God exists at all. I think it's hard for either to really understand the other even when one was once the other. But even to all except the most gullible of believers, Comfort should seem foolish, no?
Well, yes-- he's foolish alright.

I've actually seen the short video where he praises a banana as somehow "proof" of his silly god's work.

All the while ignoring the coconut, or an avocado... or even the potato, which at one time was considered about the only single-source food item which provides a lot of the nutrients a human needed to get by on.

You'd think that he'd have mentioned the potato... it's a better argument for "design" than ever the banana was.

But I digress.

:D
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

<quoted text>
Pope Quantum-bot

That you for your latest revelation from Rome

-

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Pope Quantum-bot
That you for your latest revelation from Rome
-
You continue to act in ways that deserve zero respect-- such as now, when you stalk me to this thread.

Thanks for playing.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Wow Ray and many theists sure do spend lots of time and effort fighting atheists. Oh I wonder why, I mean after all we are supposed to be this dwindling minority so why are we worth all the fuss?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Wow Ray and many theists sure do spend lots of time and effort fighting atheists. Oh I wonder why, I mean after all we are supposed to be this dwindling minority so why are we worth all the fuss?
:)

Why indeed? Could it be because the very existence of unbelievers undermines the lies they tell themselves every day (faith)?

I suspect that is the case; we remind them that they are lying, and we also remind them of the deeply-seated doubts they harbor deep within.

And they hate that.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

We're a threat to their pocketbook and power base. They don't like that, not one little bit.

Nobody puts forth all this effort for a frivolous cause.
<quoted text>
:)
Why indeed? Could it be because the very existence of unbelievers undermines the lies they tell themselves every day (faith)?
I suspect that is the case; we remind them that they are lying, and we also remind them of the deeply-seated doubts they harbor deep within.
And they hate that.

“Handsome white and black men”

Since: Jan 10

Interracial love

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Another dumb Christian pastor.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Lord stuart XXX 226,145
100% Faith Free 1 hr religionislies 7
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 1 hr religionislies 6
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr religionislies 21,490
Our world came from nothing? 4 hr NightSerf 395
Atheists that tout free thinking use bully tact... 9 hr NightSerf 6
Richard Dawkins in a nutshell 12 hr Patrick 24
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••