Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Can anyone please explain to me how nothing created something?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

JesusMyKing wrote:
Can you please explain to me why creationists like yourself lie about god being real when you cannot provide any evidence?

Why must atheists have to deal with your mental illness? Why can't you see a doctor like all other well behaved mad people who have no direction in life and wants the whole world to believe in their personal hallucinations?

What is wrong with you people? Can't you help yourselves? There are these things called books, education, facts, truth, honesty,

All these things already exist and are real, unlike your god. You cannot accept facts and must invent stupid creatures.

Then you tell us we're going to hell. The one in your personal imagination.

This cannot go on forever - you need to grow up and take responsibility for your mental illness.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

JesusMyKing wrote:
I think that shows that you cannot understand the question, much less an answer.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Anyone care to answer the question in the OP? Thank you!!

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

First, you are looking for a causal process where causality doesn't apply. For example, when virtual particles appear and disappear (a process known to happen), this occurs without a cause. When a radioactive nucleus decays, there is nothing different just before the decay than at any other time: the decay is uncaused.

Second, there was no *time* when there was 'nothing'. it is possible (even likely) that there was a time with no previous time, but then spacetime is self-contained and, again, is uncaused (again, because causes happen *inside* spacetime).
Amused

Monomoy Island, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

JesusMyKing wrote:
Your question assumes that there was ever a "nothing", which is a doubtful proposition. But, if we accept your proposition for the sake of argument, explain where your god came from.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

My God is eternal.

Would anyone agree this is possible?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

If there was never a nothing, what was there?

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

JesusMyKing wrote:
My God is eternal.
Sure. It is also possible that the universe (or multiverse) is eternal. of the two assumptions, the latter is more reasonable.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

JesusMyKing wrote:
You are assuming that time is eternal.
Amused

Oak Bluffs, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

JesusMyKing wrote:
My God is eternal.
No. And, since matter cannot be created or destroyed (although it can be converted into energy), there is more evidence for the physical universe being eternal than for your entirely speculative god being eternal.

Watchmakers are more complex than the watches they make. Cobblers more complex than shoes. The creator of something as complex as the universe would necessarily be even more complex. The probability of such a complex thing spontaneously coming fully formed into existence is roughly nil.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Is a god that does nothing observable by us possible? Yes.

But I know 100% there is no all powerful compassionate god because we have evidence of avoidable suffering.
JesusMyKing wrote:
My God is eternal.

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Nothing creates... Nothing

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Thinking wrote:
Is a god that does nothing observable by us possible? Yes.
But I know 100% there is no all powerful compassionate god because we have evidence of avoidable suffering.
<quoted text>
I guess you don't understand. But as in post 2 you atheists would rather argue than give a answer. Why does 6.2 billion people believe in a God, but 900million don't, think it for yourself, are you making a mistake?

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Nothing creates... Nothing

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
First, you are looking for a causal process where causality doesn't apply. For example, when virtual particles appear and disappear (a process known to happen), this occurs without a cause. When a radioactive nucleus decays, there is nothing different just before the decay than at any other time: the decay is uncaused.
Second, there was no *time* when there was 'nothing'. it is possible (even likely) that there was a time with no previous time, but then spacetime is self-contained and, again, is uncaused (again, because causes happen *inside* spacetime).
You make no sense, just give a answer.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
You make no sense, just give a answer.
I am pointing out the the expectation of an answer of a particular form is thew problem. There is no causality for time itself. Causality requires time.
Amused

Oak Bluffs, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

Judged:

Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you don't understand. But as in post 2 you atheists would rather argue than give a answer. Why does 6.2 billion people believe in a God, but 900million don't, think it for yourself, are you making a mistake?
The number of people believing a given thing is true bears no correlation to whether that belief is in fact true. At one time, humanity universally believed that the earth was flat, that the sun orbited the earth and the stars were small bodies fixed in a "firmament" in relatively close proximity to the earth. The fact that the belief was widely held had no bearing on whether it was true or not. The physical facts of the universe are not subject to modification by referendum.

By your logic, if islam becomes the predominant religious belief on earth, which population trends suggests may well occur, the sheer number of followers of the prophet would make islamic doctrine likely to be true. Will you convert to islam once the tipping point is reached?
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

The vast majority don't believe in your god. End of.
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

JesusMyKing wrote:
Why? You trying to explain how your nothing-god *poofed* the universe from nothing, as your bible claims?

Magic.

That's how your god had to do it.

With your silly bible? It's magic all the way down...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

JesusMyKing wrote:
My God is eternal.
Prove it.

Perhaps the **universe** is eternal-- we do have **proof** the universe exists.

In contrast to your god, I might add.

So the universe has always existed in one shape or another.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2013

JesusMyKing wrote:
The universe has always existed in one shape or another.

Easy.

No need for your magic godbeast at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••