The Issue About Time and Space

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#21 Jul 21, 2012
Ben_Masada wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
Not only religions but all beliefs witout knowledge lead to superstitions.
Ben
There's no "knowledge" behind this ridiculous beliefs people call "religious".

Since: Mar 11

United States

#22 Jul 21, 2012
I guess Jesus never got around to reading Genesis where it says God was walking through the garden of Eden. In fact several times God materializes to go for walks, fight battles until he sees iron chariots and let's not forget his rather ambiguously gay all night wrestle match! Perhaps it was on Jesus' to read list but hey Jesus was a busy Jew what with screaming at fig trees and building whips.
Ben_Masada wrote:
<quoted text>
---------
As I can see, you don't know anything about Jesus. I bet you did not know that he used to believe in God just like Einstein did: A non-personal God. If it doesn't hurt you to read John 4:24, Jesus said that God is a Spirit, and not a personal God. Spirits are incorporeal; and there is no personality in incorporeality. That's how the great Scientist Albert Einstein believed in God. And that's how I do. Atheists can't stand that because it is not enough. Their purpose is to, absolutely, erase God from the mind of man.
Ben

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#23 Jul 24, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
I guess Jesus never got around to reading Genesis where it says God was walking through the garden of Eden. In fact several times God materializes to go for walks, fight battles until he sees iron chariots and let's not forget his rather ambiguously gay all night wrestle match! Perhaps it was on Jesus' to read list but hey Jesus was a busy Jew what with screaming at fig trees and building whips.
<quoted text>
-------

As I can see, you belong with the literal interpretation club; unless you are talking about the Olympian gods of the Greek Patheon
of Mythology. The idea of a god walking through gardens is nothing but mythological material of ignorant theists. Atheists enjoy this kind of retrograding interpretations but, sorry, the fun is over.
Ben

Ft Mitchell, KY

#24 Jul 24, 2012
Wrong again! I posted this in another thread but the majority of Christians believe the Bible to be factual and true cover to cover.

You are trying to be a cafeteria Christian cherry picking what is meant to be taken literal and what is just a figurative.

Now you are the one saying a majority of Theists are ignorant. Was I thinking that? I am trying to be nice so I won't answer that for now.
Ben_Masada wrote:
<quoted text>
-------
As I can see, you belong with the literal interpretation club; unless you are talking about the Olympian gods of the Greek Patheon
of Mythology. The idea of a god walking through gardens is nothing but mythological material of ignorant theists. Atheists enjoy this kind of retrograding interpretations but, sorry, the fun is over.
Ben
Cujo

Leask, Canada

#25 Jul 24, 2012
Ben_Masada wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
God forbid that Einstein should have been a religious person. Religious people are usually believers of religious myths. The point with Einstein about God is that he could not think of God in a personal basis. That's where I am. However, he would not discard the idea of God as I don't. Only atheists can do that. He did make
it very clear that he was not an atheist at a question if he was one.
Ben
Sorry Ben, you are dead wrong! The large majority of atheists do not deny the "idea" of god. Atheists don't fully discount that there could be a God. Atheism is nothing more than a reactionary position of denial, to extraordinary claims that a god exists, without evidence. Why can't theists accept this?

Atheists use logic and rationality, while the religious use faith, when it comes to god.

Ft Mitchell, KY

#26 Jul 24, 2012
Einstein was an agnostic he made it clear he did not believe in a personal God.

Location hidden

#27 Jul 26, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Wrong again! I posted this in another thread but the majority of Christians believe the Bible to be factual and true cover to cover.
You are trying to be a cafeteria Christian cherry picking what is meant to be taken literal and what is just a figurative.
Now you are the one saying a majority of Theists are ignorant. Was I thinking that? I am trying to be nice so I won't answer that for now.
<quoted text>
--------

I am not a Christian. I am trying to apply Reason in the
interpretation of the Scriptures in order to prevent theistic anthropmorphism and atheistic denial of probability. Both are ignorant: Theists who believe by faith and atheists who deny by the same reason.

Ben

Location hidden

#28 Jul 26, 2012
Cujo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Ben, you are dead wrong! The large majority of atheists do not deny the "idea" of god. Atheists don't fully discount that there could be a God. Atheism is nothing more than a reactionary position of denial, to extraordinary claims that a god exists, without evidence. Why can't theists accept this?
Atheists use logic and rationality, while the religious use faith, when it comes to god.
-------

If you do believe what you are saying, you are in the wrong atheistic forum. I could mention a few in this very forum who deny the idea of God's existence. If they deny that God exists they do deny the idea of God. Millions of books have been written about Theology. This is already an evidence for the probability of God's existence. Where is the logic and rationality to deny the concept of probability that God exists? The same faith that theists
use to promote their false certainty about God, is employed by atheists to deny the probability for His existence.

Ben

Location hidden

#29 Jul 26, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Einstein was an agnostic he made it clear he did not believe in a personal God.
------

I know that. But there is quite a difference between Agnosticism and Atheism. One can be an agnostic and still be open for the probability that God exists. He did declare that he was not an atheist. I am not an atheist either, although I hold the same Einstein view that a reciprocal personal relationship with God is unfeasible.

Ben
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#30 Jul 26, 2012
Ben_Masada wrote:
<quoted text>
... If they deny that God exists they do deny the idea of God. Millions of books have been written about Theology. This is already an evidence for the probability of God's existence....
That is also evidence that people have been wrong for thousands of years. Natural enough, but as man's knowledge and education increases the numbers of religionists and degree of error decreases.

There is no evidence or probability that a god exists. If you choose to believe there is, that is an act of faith, nothing more. It seems to me that you either cannot define a god very specifically, or are in error bothering with the assumed 'probability' of one that isn't even clearly defined.
redneck

Glendale, OR

#31 Jul 26, 2012
Ben_Masada wrote:
<quoted text>
--------
interpretation of the Scriptures in order to prevent theistic anthropmorphism and atheistic denial of probability. Both are ignorant: Theists who believe by faith and atheists who deny by the same reason.
Ben
Atheist deny nothing. They just question when a claim is made. Doubt is the default setting for science. Believe nothing until it is proven. We are born with this nature but eary programming and repitition causes us not to doubt whichever god you are born under.
redneck

Glendale, OR

#33 Jul 26, 2012
Ben_Masada wrote:
<quoted text>
------
I know that. But there is quite a difference between Agnosticism and Atheism. One can be an agnostic and still be open for the probability that God exists. He did declare that he was not an atheist. I am not an atheist either, although I hold the same Einstein view that a reciprocal personal relationship with God is unfeasible.
Ben
Hey Ben, Out of curiosity,do you know why the Zealots committed suicide at Masada?

Ft Mitchell, KY

#34 Jul 27, 2012
What religion or belief structure are you? Becasue you sound like the typical Christian funduhhhmentalist which brings your lol reasoning into question. For example you said Atheists deny by faith much in the same way Christians believe by faith?

That is rather ignorant yes? Sounds like something stolen from that lame book, I don't have enough faith to be an Atheist.
Ben_Masada wrote:
<quoted text>
--------
Ben

Ft Mitchell, KY

#35 Jul 27, 2012
Einstein made it clear he was a nontheist. He didn't like th term Atheist becasue he said Atheists that he knew seemed as if they were freed slaves who still moaned about the chains of God. Also to shup a Rabbi up he brought up Spinoza the philosophers deithy lol which was a huge slap in his face. Spinoza himself awas an Atheist.Now the term agnostic if you mean it to mean we can't know if there is a God, invisible unicorns, teapot on pluto, bigfoot ect ect or not than wooohoooo each and every person on the planet except total loons are agnostic. Now where does one take that agnostic universal standpoint. Does one take it to the I don't know if there can be a God but I am willing to believe and depending on how I believe fly planes into building. Or does one take that to the I don't believe in what there is no proof for and for the most part promote progress and humanism?

I chose option 2.
Ben_Masada wrote:
<quoted text>
------
Ben
Cujo

Leask, Canada

#36 Jul 27, 2012
Ben_Masada wrote:
<quoted text>
-------
If you do believe what you are saying, you are in the wrong atheistic forum. I could mention a few in this very forum who deny the idea of God's existence. If they deny that God exists they do deny the idea of God. Millions of books have been written about Theology. This is already an evidence for the probability of God's existence. Where is the logic and rationality to deny the concept of probability that God exists? The same faith that theists
use to promote their false certainty about God, is employed by atheists to deny the probability for His existence.
Ben
I could not deny the idea of a god, any more than I could deny the idea of leprechauns, however, I do deny that either exist, based on the evidence.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#37 Jul 29, 2012
Ben_Masada wrote:
<quoted text>---------

As I can see, you don't know anything about Jesus. I bet you did not know that he used to believe in God just like Einstein did: A non-personal God. If it doesn't hurt you to read John 4:24, Jesus said that God is a Spirit, and not a personal God. Spirits are incorporeal; and there is no personality in incorporeality. That's how the great Scientist Albert Einstein believed in God. And that's how I do. Atheists can't stand that because it is not enough. Their purpose is to, absolutely, erase God from the mind of man.
Ben
Our purpose is to erase ignorance from the mind of man.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#38 Jul 29, 2012
Ben_Masada wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
In that case, you are including atheists as members of a cult of believers in the myth of the big bang. Read Carl Sagan in his book
"Cosmos" page 258.
Ben
You have posted this before and apparently you are as thick as a brick because I have told you he made a mistake. He published that book before COBE.

But then you will come back and say 'he was a Jew and therefore could not make mistakes'.

Since: Dec 10

Fogelsville, PA

#39 Jul 29, 2012
Ben_Masada wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
In that case, you are including atheists as members of a cult of believers in the myth of the big bang. Read Carl Sagan in his book
"Cosmos" page 258.
Ben
Who said atheists must believe in the big bang?
Nice strawman you built.

Since: Dec 10

Fogelsville, PA

#40 Jul 29, 2012
Ben_Masada wrote:
<quoted text>
--------
Ben
If the only evidence of god you have is "You don't have the answer, so it must have been god", then, you lose.

Location hidden

#41 Jul 30, 2012
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>That is also evidence that people have been wrong for thousands of years. Natural enough, but as man's knowledge and education increases the numbers of religionists and degree of error decreases.
There is no evidence or probability that a god exists. If you choose to believe there is, that is an act of faith, nothing more. It seems to me that you either cannot define a god very specifically, or are in error bothering with the assumed 'probability' of one that isn't even clearly defined.
-------

Nope! That's not the problem. The problem is because I am still waiting for your answer that the universe came about by any other reason than by an Intelligent Entity from outside of it. Can you prove that? If you can't, what is taking so long for you to admit the probability for the existence of God? Probability, I said, and not certainty. As I am not sure about anything from before I am have become conscious of myself, I believe that no one is. Only those who are too arrogant to admit that they don't know and, therefore admit that everything is possible, even that the universe has come about as a result of the big bang.
Ben

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 min Science 67,280
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 7 min feed the morons 28,667
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 17 min Dogen 3,537
is it ever right to hate Christians as a group? Tue superwilly 21
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) Tue superwilly 462
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Apr 22 IB DaMann 5,975
News Unholy? Atheists should embrace the science of ... Apr 20 Eagle 12 9
More from around the web