The Nuggin Logic Thread

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#106 Sep 13, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
We see here you left out did Jesus actually have powers you replaced him with Thor.
Bottom line how you word this can be used as a backdoor way to saying there is proof that God exists. Thesists are using this argument word for word in the in america thread.
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
Right.
A word that exists in the dictionary... proves it exists... except if the word is God...
Need I say more?
But now you are saying that regardless of all that you do not believe in God or gods ok cool. Sorry for claiming you were silly enough to believe in Santa in the sky. The above example is exactly the reason I came down on your wording. I do not have much reason to go back and read 3 months worth of your posts, the wording you used in this example ( as I have clearly shown ) is basically word for word the EXACT same argument reject theists are using which is why I suggested you slightly alter your wording. I have solidly proved my point. Nuff said.
All the best.
<quoted text>
Nuggin's & the Dude's a$$e$ kicked again. This never gets boring.

Location hidden

#107 Sep 13, 2012
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, first you believe that the moon landing was faked.
Second, you believe that you know the future.
Third, you believe that lizards are imaginary.
Fourth, you don't believe that Egypt (which was in the news again today) is a real place.
Fifth, you keep crying about "burden of proof" when you admit that you've never even heard of it.
And lastly, it's pretty clear to everyone here that you are a YEC.
You keep repeating the same old bullsh*t over and over again, as though anyone is actually going to believe you?

I mean you could have chose a lie that wasn't so blatant, but you go for the most retarded conspiracy bullsh*t ever.

For the record:

-The moon landings happened, Neil Armstrong when to the moon and back.
-I've never said I know the future (this is funny sh*t troll!!)
-lizards are imaginary? what the f*ck?
-I don't believe in Egypt?
-The burden of proof is something that you don't even begin to understand. The evidence is at the start of this thread for all to see.
- HAHA You think I'm a Creationst!!! HAHAHA!!!!!

F*ck off troll. There's some sh*t in your cave you need to sort out!

Location hidden

#108 Sep 13, 2012
To think, The Dude, is backing your bullsh*t. HAHAHA, you f*cking losers!!!

Since: Sep 07

Los Angeles, CA

#109 Sep 13, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
For the record:
-The moon landings happened, Neil Armstrong when to the moon and back.
I accept your surrender. I'm glad you've finally admitted you were wrong.

It took you three months to do it, but good for you. Now you know that I didn't invent the moon landings like you claimed.
-I've never said I know the future
You said that you knew that something was scientifically impossible. Something can only be scientifically impossible if you know ALL future data.

Since you insist that you are right that something is impossible instead of "unlikely" or "improbable", you MUST have all the future data.
-lizards are imaginary
I see this is still a problem for you.

Skippy, I didn't invent lizards out of my imagination as you proposed. Lizards are real creatures that actually exist in numerous different species all over the planet.

They are so common, in fact, that unless you leave in the extreme N or S, odds are there are lizards living in your backyard.

Try going outside once in a while, rather than just always assume that I am the creator of all things.
-I don't believe in Egypt
Yes, we know. Which is particularly pathetic since Egypt is STILL around even today.
-The burden of proof is something that you don't even begin to understand.
How would you know? I've asked you 14x to explain what you mean by "burden or proof" and you've failed to even ATTEMPT to do so.

It's pretty clear to everyone that you don't have any idea what the burden of proof is, hence your complete inability to explain it.

So, go on. Demonstrate the burden of proof. PROVE to me that "god is impossible" PROVE to me that Egypt doesn't exist. PROVE to me that all lizards are imaginary.

We're all waiting to see you work your magic.

Of course, you won't even try because you know you'll fail and be mocked endlessly for it.

You live a particularly sad life.
I'm a Creationst!!!
Clearly. Thanks for admitting that. I'll be sure to reference people to this quote pretty regularly on other threads.

Los Angeles, CA

#110 Sep 13, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
To think, The Dude, is backing your bullsh*t. HAHAHA, you f*cking losers!!!
Cry yourself to sleep, little girl.

The rest of us are laughing at you.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#111 Sep 13, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Nuggin's & the Dude's a$$e$ kicked again. This never gets boring.
Please learn to tell the difference.

By the way, still waiting.
Skeptic

Thetford, UK

#112 Sep 13, 2012
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
I accept your surrender. I'm glad
DOn't cry, there's still a life for you outside this forum. Granted its a sh*t life with lots of people correcting you over and over again and possibly beating you over the head with their dictionaries.

Who knows you may already have developed a thick skull for added protection against facts and evidence that sh*t on your opinions.

I wish you all the best in life and sincerely hope it doesn't f*ck you personally.

Since: Mar 11

Ft Mitchell, KY

#113 Sep 13, 2012
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/worshi...

wor·ship
&#8194; &#8194;[wur-ship] Show IPA noun, verb, wor·shiped, wor·ship·ing or ( especially British ) wor·shipped, wor·ship·ping.

noun
reverent honor and homage paid to God or a sacred personage, or to any object regarded as sacred.

formal or ceremonious rendering of such honor and homage: They attended worship this morning.

adoring reverence or regard: excessive worship of business success.

the object of adoring reverence or regard.

3 and 4 both would make the X-men, Spiderman, Superman ect ect ect gods if a god is a being or thing that is worshipped. I know Star Trek fans that make fundies look open minded lol :)

Location hidden

#114 Sep 13, 2012
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Cry yourself to sleep, little girl.
The rest of us are laughing at you.
The Nuggin rejoices while the judge icons reveal the truth.

Los Angeles, CA

#115 Sep 13, 2012
Skeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
DOn't cry, there's still a life for you outside this forum.
Oh, I know. The problem is there is a lot of downtime between pitching movies and TV shows and actually making them. Gotta do something while the wheels turn.

I'm surprised you have so much time, but I guess once you put the fries in the oil, you just have to wait until the timer is up to take them out again.

Los Angeles, CA

#116 Sep 13, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
The Nuggin rejoices while the judge icons reveal the truth.
LOL, yeah Skippy. You logging in under multiple accounts to judge your own posts is REALLY convincing.

Honestly, if I ever even considered doing that, I'd just kill myself.

By the way, YOU JUDGE my posts?!

Let me get this straight...

I'm SO IMPORTANT that you start an entire thread dedicated to how awesome I am, then proceed to not only read everything I write but also "judge it" and then log in under a different account and judge it again.

LOL.

I couldn't be bothered to judge one of your posts if you paid me $50 to do so.

Again, I own you. Your life is meaningless without me. It's delicious.

Los Angeles, CA

#117 Sep 13, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/worshi...
wor·ship
&#8194; &#8194;[wur-ship] Show IPA noun, verb, wor·shiped, wor·ship·ing or ( especially British ) wor·shipped, wor·ship·ping.
noun
reverent honor and homage paid to God or a sacred personage, or to any object regarded as sacred.
formal or ceremonious rendering of such honor and homage: They attended worship this morning.
adoring reverence or regard: excessive worship of business success.
the object of adoring reverence or regard.
3 and 4 both would make the X-men, Spiderman, Superman ect ect ect gods if a god is a being or thing that is worshipped. I know Star Trek fans that make fundies look open minded lol :)
Well,#4 is a noun. You can not substitute a definition of a noun into a sentence in which the word is being used as a verb.

#1 is actually accurate.
#2 Is it a noun? Is "a meeting" a thing? I guess it is.

So that leaves you with #3.

And yes,#3 could work in the sentence.

However, it ignores the first part of the definition.

So let's plug it in and see how it works.

"A god is a person/thing which people believe has supernatural powers and which deserves (adoring reverence and regard)."

Okay, Star Trek does not fit that definition. Yes, people "regard" it, but they do not believe that it has "supernatural powers".

Now, if you want to pick Superman, then we have to get into a discussion about whether or not people believe he really exists, or if they don't believe he exists, can they still believe that he has powers?

Ft Mitchell, KY

#118 Sep 13, 2012
This is Nuggins definition of god/s

A "god" is something that is believed by people to have supernatural powers and is worshiped as such.

And he says this is the dictionary definition and he agress with it but no dictionary I have looked at says what he claims.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God
God usually refers to the single deity in monotheism or the monist deity in polytheism.[1] God is often conceived of as the supernatural creator and overseer of humans and the universe. Theologians have ascribed a variety of attributes to the many different conceptions of God. The most common among these include omniscience (infinite knowledge), omnipotence (unlimited power), omnipresence (present everywhere), omnibenevolence (perfect goodness), divine simplicity, and eternal and necessary existence.

God has also been conceived as being incorporeal (immaterial), a personal being, the source of all moral obligation, and the "greatest conceivable existent".[1] These attributes were supported to varying degrees by the early Jewish, Christian and Muslim theologian philosophers. Many notable medieval philosophers and modern philosophers have developed arguments for and against the existence of God.[2]

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/god

the one Supreme Being, the creator and ruler of the universe.

the Supreme Being considered with reference to a particular attribute: the God of Islam.

( lowercase ) one of several deities, especially a male deity, presiding over some portion of worldly affairs.

( often lowercase ) a supreme being according to some particular conception: the god of mercy.

Christian Science . the Supreme Being, understood as Life, Truth, love, Mind, Soul, Spirit, Principle.

Webster says

capitalized: the supreme or ultimate reality: as

a: the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe

bChristian Science: the incorporeal divine Principle ruling over all as eternal Spirit : infinite Mind
:a being or object believed to have more than natural attributes and powers and to require human worship; specifically: one controlling a particular aspect or part of reality
: a person or thing of supreme value
: a powerful ruler

Number 2 on Webster's comes the closest but you would have to remove some VERY important words about controlling reality ect ect ect and that would completely change the meaning.
Link please?:)
Thanks so much :D

Los Angeles, CA

#119 Sep 13, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
A "god" is something that is believed by people to have supernatural powers and is worshiped as such.
And he says this is the dictionary definition and he agress with it but no dictionary I have looked at says what he claims.
That's funny, because a little lower you write this:
Webster says
:a being or object believed to have more than natural attributes and powers and to require human worship; specifically: one controlling a particular aspect or part of reality
Which is EXACTLY what I've been saying.

Funny how you just managed to prove yourself wrong in your own post.

United States

#120 Sep 13, 2012
No, do read again. What I said was of all those definitions of god only one came close to your's but even that one you had chopped off a key portion in doing so radically changes the meaning.

How ironic I post complete definitions with links and you jump all over the definition of worship so does that mean you don't accept the dictionary definition? But on the other hand you want us to believe your link free chopped and edited definition of god? Sorry you can't have it both ways.

People believe in and by definition worship the
x-men and superman ect ect. So superman and the x-men must be gods.

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny, because a little lower you write this:
<quoted text>
Which is EXACTLY what I've been saying.
Funny how you just managed to prove yourself wrong in your own post.

United States

#121 Sep 13, 2012
When I was a kid on Wednesday the preacher would put up that week's sermon on the sign outside the church. One Wednesday the sign read what god will you be worshipping this week? Certainly this got some attention as he never bashed other religions or even mentioned them.

Come Sunday he gave the sermon using those definitions of worship and said that he noticed many members talking a little much about sports, video games various forms of entertainment at church after services. That this was fine but always put Jesus first yadda yadda so on and so forth. That we were effectively making nintendo our god by worshipping it for example. It was silly and caused eye rolling by even the most devout members.

Now we all believe Nintendo exists right? Going by that definition of a god one could say the wii in the living room is proof of a god.

Los Angeles, CA

#122 Sep 13, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
People believe in and by definition worship the
x-men and superman ect ect. So superman and the x-men must be gods.
<quoted text>
First of all, who is the "ect ect" character you keep mentioning?

Second, I don't know of anyone, nor have I even heard of anyone, who actually believes in superman, must less worships him.

Los Angeles, CA

#123 Sep 13, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
Now we all believe Nintendo exists right? Going by that definition of a god one could say the wii in the living room is proof of a god.
Do you believe that the wii has supernatural powers? Do you believe that it requires worship?

There is a difference between "worship" where you like something, and where something requires the worship.

Lots or people may worship a rainbow, but none of them believe that the rainbow is going to murder everyone in the world if people don't worship it correctly.

Location hidden

#124 Sep 14, 2012
Givemeliberty wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God
God usually refers to the single deity in monotheism or the monist deity in polytheism.[1] God is often conceived of as the supernatural creator and overseer of humans and the universe. Theologians have ascribed a variety of attributes to the many different conceptions of God. The most common among these include omniscience (infinite knowledge), omnipotence (unlimited power), omnipresence (present everywhere), omnibenevolence (perfect goodness), divine simplicity, and eternal and necessary existence.
God has also been conceived as being incorporeal (immaterial), a personal being, the source of all moral obligation, and the "greatest conceivable existent".[1] These attributes were supported to varying degrees by the early Jewish, Christian and Muslim theologian philosophers. Many notable medieval philosophers and modern philosophers have developed arguments for and against the existence of God.[2]
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/god
the one Supreme Being, the creator and ruler of the universe.
the Supreme Being considered with reference to a particular attribute: the God of Islam.
( lowercase ) one of several deities, especially a male deity, presiding over some portion of worldly affairs.
( often lowercase ) a supreme being according to some particular conception: the god of mercy.
Christian Science . the Supreme Being, understood as Life, Truth, love, Mind, Soul, Spirit, Principle.
Webster says
capitalized: the supreme or ultimate reality: as
a: the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe
bChristian Science: the incorporeal divine Principle ruling over all as eternal Spirit : infinite Mind
: a person or thing of supreme value
: a powerful ruler
Number 2 on Webster's comes the closest but you would have to remove some VERY important words about controlling reality ect ect ect and that would completely change the meaning.
Link please?:)
Thanks so much :D
Nuggin will never concede to stuff he's already said. I mean the start of this thread is so incredibly damning for Nuggin, that he's living in an alternate reality if he thinks anyone believes his bulsh*t.

Los Angeles, CA

#125 Sep 14, 2012
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Nuggin will never concede to stuff he's already said. I mean the start of this thread is so incredibly damning for Nuggin, that he's living in an alternate reality if he thinks anyone believes his bulsh*t.
Skippy, the start of this thread is just a collection of examples where you make straw men out of my argument and then fail to knock them down.

The mere fact that you ran away from the thread where you were denying the moon landing to start this one is evidence enough that you don't have the sack to own up to what you post.

You don't understand the topics being discussed because you don't have the maturity to actually read an entire post before hitting the reply button.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 4 hr The FACTory 630
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 hr replaytime 76,826
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) 15 hr Dogen 4,281
hell is a real place. so.. ahtiesm is a faux li... Wed Eagle 12 - 10
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jul 18 John 4,952
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Jul 18 John 32,164
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Jul 17 Eagle 12 - 6,123
More from around the web