of 33
Next Last

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

#656 Jan 16, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll repeat the facts to you once again you rambling piece of sh*t troll:
1. Things don't become things just people people believe them. <----YOU LOST THIS ARGUMENT
2. The burden of proof lies on the idiot who invents god, to prove him <-----LOST THIS ONE TOO
3. When you lose an argument, you try to accuse the other person of claiming something ridiculous (eg denying moon landings, egypt, lizards, etc.) in other to hide the fact that you lost the argument <---YEP, ANOTHER ARGUMENT NUGGIN LOST.
What a shame, keep trying troll, I'm not going to waste another thought on you.
I'll keep posting this truth to your face until you f*ck right off again.
Repeating a lie doesn't make it come true, Skippy.

Neither does screaming f*ck and sh*t every time someone disagrees with you.

I put forth a challenge.

I have given you the page # and post # of your ridiculous claims about NASA, C-14, Lizards, etc.

You've claimed that I've stated things about belief and reality.

Go on, find the post.

Find a post where I said, as you claimed, that believing that something is a chair turns it into a chair.

Or were you lying when you said that? Just like you've been lying about your statements about NASA, C-14, Lizards, etc?

I can cut and paste too, Skippy.

Every time that you fail to back up your claim, you just prove my point.

Go on. Find one of my 10,000+ plus posts where I claim what you say I claim.

I've documented all your crazy claims, giving you page and post numbers. Why cant you do the same?

Valley Village, CA

#657 Jan 16, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
way to whoop his arse skeptic!!!
LOL. Skippy, NO ONE believes that this isn't just you on a puppet account.

Valley Village, CA

#658 Jan 16, 2013
tagit wrote:
If the simple act of posting information requires a mind , how could the extraordinary complexity of DNA coding happen without Intelligent Design?
How long does it take you to write a post? A minute? Five? Ten? How much information do you produce in that time?

The DNA coding that you are claiming was designed has taken BILLIONS of years to get to this stage.

Either the "designer" isn't very intelligent or isn't very good at design.
In fact, science doesn't have a clue how a mixture of lifeless chemicals spontaneously organized themselves into the first living cell.
No part of this sentence is correct.

First, science does have a clue about it.

Second, it wasn't a mixture of lifeless chemicals. The first cells did not appear when life first appeared. Life existed for a long time prior to cells

Third, it did not happen spontaneously. It occurred over a very very long period of time. Non-cellular life was around for 500 million+ years before the first cells appeared.
Leading scientists like Stephen Hawking, Michio Kaku and Neil Turok have all suggested the existence of multiple universes. Physicists trying to pinpoint the exact location of an atomic particle found it was virtually impossible. It had no single location. In other words, atomic particles have the ability to simultaneously exist in more than one place at a time which means that our physical reality is a very elaborate mirage, an illusion. A super-hologram of information and energy.
No, it means that on the quantum level things do not appear as our brains experience them on the macro level.

Just like a print out from your inkjet printer is nothing more than a collection of tiny colored dots up close, but if you look at it from far away it's a motorcycle.

Do you know what a mobius strip is? It's a twisted loop so that it only has one continuous surface. Someone standing on a mobius strip experiencing it in two dimensions, would see a road that went on forever. If you, in a 3rd dimension, were to place a dot that went through the paper, then the person on the strip would find the dot, walk a little ways further and fit the other half of the dot. To them the dot would be cut in half and separated by a great distance. To us, it's one object, not separated at all.

Just because we experience subatomic particles (and a number of other things) behaving in a way that doesn't necessarily make sense in 3 dimensions does not mean that those objects don't make sense in 4 or 5 dimensions.

That does not, however, imply a Jewish wizard is involved.
Before anything is - it is FIRST THOUGHT.
So, the claim here is that "God" thought up the Universe and that's why it exists.

However, in order for "God" to have a thought, then "God" must exist. Therefore, before "God" can exist, he must have been thought up by something else. Which much exist. Which must therefore have been thought up by something else....

If you arbitrarily end the cycle, then the rule no longer is valid.

This is a dead end for you.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#659 Jan 16, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>

1. Things don't become things just people people believe them. <----YOU LOST THIS ARGUMENT
2. The burden of proof lies on the idiot who invents god, to prove him <-----LOST THIS ONE TOO
3. When you lose an argument, you try to accuse the other person of claiming something ridiculous (eg denying moon landings, egypt, lizards, etc.) in other to hide the fact that you lost the argument <---YEP, ANOTHER ARGUMENT NUGGIN LOST.

What a shame, keep trying troll,

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#660 Jan 16, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry that you think the whole world is against you, this is another one of your delusions - just like the one where you think people here are going to take you seriously after you question the validity of the moon landings...

Valley Village, CA

#661 Jan 16, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
What a shame, keep trying troll,
Yawn. go on, skip. Keep reposting the same failure.

Meanwhile, STILL waiting for you to point to a SINGLE post of mine (there have been nearly 15000 of them) in which I actually say what you claim I said.

What's the matter? Can't find it?

You know why? It's because it doesn't exist. You lied. You got caught. Again.
tagit

UK

#662 Jan 17, 2013
Even iif one grants evolutionists the first cell, the problem of increasing the total information content to create forms within the supposed evolutionary age of the universe remains. We're back to square one: How did life originate by chemistry alone without intelligent design? Science has plenty of theories for the origin of our observable universe but when the question arises as to what prevailed before the advent of our universe or whether or not it has always existed, we are told that science doesn't deal with ultimate origins and endings. It passes the buck. We are referred to theology or philosophy for answers.

The big bang theory says the event was not only spontaneous but accidental. How would science know what existed or occurred billions of years ago when its "interpretation" of any evidence whether infered or verified is wholly dependent upon the level of its knowledge at any given time.

Our brains are lovely liars, neurologically equipped to perceive only certain kinds of data. The life that we consider real represents but one narrow stratum of all probable existences. Science does not know what reality is therefore. It only knows what it perceives reality to be.

One only sees an end if one is accustomed to thinking in terms of beginnings and endings. What is called God is not one single being. It is an idea construct, a supreme psychic gestalt, that cannot be objectified, for it is the sum of all consciousness, and yet the whole is more than the sum of its parts. It has always existed and continues to create. God is a psychic pyramid of interrelated, ever expanding consciousness, that creates simultaneous and instantaneously, universes and individuals that are given duration, psychic comprehension, intelligence, and eternal validity. Because its energy is within and behind all universes, fields and systems, it is indeed aware of each sparrow that falls, for IT IS each sparrow that falls. God IS creation.

It is alive within the least of itself, aware even within the molecule for it endows all of its parts, or its creations, with its own abilities. You, as a consciousness, as godstuff incarnate, seek to know yourself and become aware of yourself as a distinct individual portion of God. You automatically draw on the its overall energy, since your existence is dependent upon that energy. A psychic gestalt may seem impersonal to you, but its energy forms your person and it is as close to you as your breath.

Only within our particular frame of reference does there seem to be a contradiction between action that is simultaneous and yet unending. This has to do mainly with distortions arising from our time concept and the idea of duration; for duration to us presupposes existence continued within a time framework, predisposing to beginnings and endings. Time is simultaneous, everything happens at once and yet there is no beginning and ending in our terms, so God is not completed in our terms at any given point.

Our idea of development and growth implies a one-line march toward perfection, so it is difficult for us to imagine the kind of order that actually pervades. Ultimately a completed or finished God, would end up smothering his creation. For perfection presupposes that point beyond which development is impossible, and creativity at an end. There would be an order in which only predestination could rule, each part fitting in with a particular order without freedom to change the pattern given it. There is order, but within this order there is freedom, the freedom of creativity, that characteristic of God, that guarantees its infinite becoming.

Valley Village, CA

#663 Jan 17, 2013
tagit wrote:
Even iif one grants evolutionists the first cell, the problem of increasing the total information content to create forms within the supposed evolutionary age of the universe remains. We're back to square one: How did life originate by chemistry alone without intelligent design? Science has plenty of theories for the origin of our observable universe but when the question arises as to what prevailed before the advent of our universe or whether or not it has always existed, we are told that science doesn't deal with ultimate origins and endings. It passes the buck. We are referred to theology or philosophy for answers.
The big bang theory says the event was not only spontaneous but accidental. How would science know what existed or occurred billions of years ago when its "interpretation" of any evidence whether infered or verified is wholly dependent upon the level of its knowledge at any given time.
Our brains are lovely liars, neurologically equipped to perceive only certain kinds of data. The life that we consider real represents but one narrow stratum of all probable existences. Science does not know what reality is therefore. It only knows what it perceives reality to be.
One only sees an end if one is accustomed to thinking in terms of beginnings and endings. What is called God is not one single being. It is an idea construct, a supreme psychic gestalt, that cannot be objectified, for it is the sum of all consciousness, and yet the whole is more than the sum of its parts. It has always existed and continues to create. God is a psychic pyramid of interrelated, ever expanding consciousness, that creates simultaneous and instantaneously, universes and individuals that are given duration, psychic comprehension, intelligence, and eternal validity. Because its energy is within and behind all universes, fields and systems, it is indeed aware of each sparrow that falls, for IT IS each sparrow that falls. God IS creation.
It is alive within the least of itself, aware even within the molecule for it endows all of its parts, or its creations, with its own abilities. You, as a consciousness, as godstuff incarnate, seek to know yourself and become aware of yourself as a distinct individual portion of God. You automatically draw on the its overall energy, since your existence is dependent upon that energy. A psychic gestalt may seem impersonal to you, but its energy forms your person and it is as close to you as your breath.
Only within our particular frame of reference does there seem to be a contradiction between action that is simultaneous and yet unending. This has to do mainly with distortions arising from our time concept and the idea of duration; for duration to us presupposes existence continued within a time framework, predisposing to beginnings and endings. Time is simultaneous, everything happens at once and yet there is no beginning and ending in our terms, so God is not completed in our terms at any given point.
Our idea of development and growth implies a one-line march toward perfection, so it is difficult for us to imagine the kind of order that actually pervades. Ultimately a completed or finished God, would end up smothering his creation. For perfection presupposes that point beyond which development is impossible, and creativity at an end. There would be an order in which only predestination could rule, each part fitting in with a particular order without freedom to change the pattern given it. There is order, but within this order there is freedom, the freedom of creativity, that characteristic of God, that guarantees its infinite becoming.
So much muddled thinking.

Pick one point and we'll address it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 33
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr Pahu 1,422
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 2 hr woodtick57 1,018
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 hr ChristineM 231,910
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 16 hr thetruth 14,445
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 17 hr thetruth 25
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 21 hr Catholic Girl 27
Why the Internet is slowly strangling religion Tue Dally Mama 3

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE