Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
If you ever make it out my way I can take you to see Churchill Downs and if you come derby time we have my family's box if you want to watch the big race. It's interesting derby time people from all over the world flocking in.:)
<quoted text>
That could be fun. I prefer Daytona but derbies can be cool, that's horses, right?

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Yes the Kentucky Derby :)

It's a fun event get you a derby hat and a cold drink and watch the ponies run. Bet a long shot make a little something. Just something to see if you ever get the chance.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That could be fun. I prefer Daytona but derbies can be cool, that's horses, right?

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

BBSting wrote:
Kittenkoder and givemeliberty are one in the same sick person. This troll uses many identities in an attempt to garner attention by disrupting discussions. This is only one of many forums where this roll operates. DO NOT FEED THIS TROLL by responding to its comments.
I disagree

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn.
This is what? 20 posts in a row from you about how awesome you think you are and how you allege that I am using strawmen as a fallacy. Yet, I keep asking you to present and example and you never seem to be able to.
I've got 20k posts. Surely you can find ONE that has a fallacy somewhere in it and push this conversation forward.
I would say that every post you make where you expect a reasonable answer from GML is a fallacy.

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Someone still a little sore after all the times I have factually crushed and humiliated them? Oh yummy tears! Can I has more please?

That's a good half wit.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I would say that every post you make where you expect a reasonable answer from GML is a fallacy.

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Aww is Nuggin's low self esteem showing? Aww is he getting all frustrated? It's called strawman fallacy google it up half wit, you employ this in each and every debate you try. It goes like this. A poster says something, you jump in and wildly obfuscate what they say, you build a strawman out of that obfuscation, beat on the strawman and use generous ad Homs to make yourself look even dumber. Honestly you are a one trick pony in that regard.

Aww poor Nuggin getting his face smashed in with facts. Aww! Stiff upper puppet!:Scruffs hair: Now go get dude to say how cool you are, hurry up now puppet so we can laugh at your bandwagon fallacy.

Chop chop puppet chop chop. See the stick? See the stick? You want the stick don't you Nuggin? Fetch boy fetch!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn.
This is what? 20 posts in a row from you about how awesome you think you are and how you allege that I am using strawmen as a fallacy. Yet, I keep asking you to present and example and you never seem to be able to.
I've got 20k posts. Surely you can find ONE that has a fallacy somewhere in it and push this conversation forward.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Someone still a little sore after all the times I have factually crushed and humiliated them? Oh yummy tears! Can I has more please?
That's a good half wit.
<quoted text>
I have yet to see you use fact or anything other than random adhom.

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Horus. Amongst the other dozens of times I have factually destroyed you. Still waiting for you to provide that atheist creed you were babbling about.

Anytime now.

Zzzzzzzzzz
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I have yet to see you use fact or anything other than random adhom.

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Hey let's have some fun with the Nuggin puppet. Watch him bumble right into this, it'll be beautiful :)

So Nuggin you were babbling err I mean thoughtfully discussing about how ancient Egyptians who under threat of death were forced to deify pharaoh. Now this was truly barbaric and clearly shows how insidious religion and theistic beliefs can be. Regardless of these facts what exactly is your point to pharaoh being deified or being dubbed a god? Without screaming you were right, why does it matter? What application does that have in any way shape or form?

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Aww is Nuggin's low self esteem showing? Aww is he getting all frustrated? It's called strawman fallacy google it up half wit, you employ this in each and every debate you try. It goes like this. A poster says something, you jump in and wildly obfuscate what they say, you build a strawman out of that obfuscation, beat on the strawman and use generous ad Homs to make yourself look even dumber. Honestly you are a one trick pony in that regard.
Aww poor Nuggin getting his face smashed in with facts. Aww! Stiff upper puppet!:Scruffs hair: Now go get dude to say how cool you are, hurry up now puppet so we can laugh at your bandwagon fallacy.
Chop chop puppet chop chop. See the stick? See the stick? You want the stick don't you Nuggin? Fetch boy fetch!
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a!
<quoted text>
Am I getting frustrated? No. Not particularly.

I'm just handing you more and more rope.

You're still trying to sell this idea that I created a puppet with 3x as many posts as I have? That makes sense in your world?

You're still claiming that every post is a fallacy, yet I haven't seen you find a single one as an example.

With each of these posts you make it more and more obvious who is the rational adult in this conversation and who is the petulant child.

So, please. Carry on. Continue accusing me of the things you are currently doing. Continue making claims that are so ridiculous on their face that they smack of desperation and a deep seated need for attention.

You've spent a week now projecting "low self esteem" on a guy who, between posts, is having the best professional year of his life. I couldn't give a crap what some fry cook from Mississippi thinks about me.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Hey let's have some fun with the Nuggin puppet. Watch him bumble right into this, it'll be beautiful :)
So Nuggin you were babbling err I mean thoughtfully discussing about how ancient Egyptians who under threat of death were forced to deify pharaoh. Now this was truly barbaric and clearly shows how insidious religion and theistic beliefs can be. Regardless of these facts what exactly is your point to pharaoh being deified or being dubbed a god? Without screaming you were right, why does it matter? What application does that have in any way shape or form?
Since you actually asked a question that pertains to the conversation, I'll happily answer it.

There is no "application". This is an extension of an earlier argument which started on the other thread.

That argument goes like this:
Skippy claimed that he could "scientifically prove" that god/gods don't exist.

Dude responded by correctly pointing out that science has no ability to evaluate, let alone disprove, something which has a supernatural component.

Dude was not (and still is not) saying that gods exist, but rather than anything supernatural, by its very nature, is something that science has no position on, as science does not attempt to address things that don't involve reality.

This led Skippy down a two month road of continuously posting that no one understood "Burden of Proof" and when asked to explain what he meant, he constantly replied "Look it up in the dictionary."

At that point, I decided to employ a different tactic with Skippy's argument which was this:

The dictionary definition of god (little "g") is any figure who people believe has supernatural powers and requires worship.

That is a very broad definition, but accurate in that it encompasses all the deities that humanity has invented from Jesus to Zeus to Vishnu to Mithra, etc etc etc. Something like 150,000+

Now, again, Skippy's position was that he could "scientifically prove" that no gods ever existed.

I pointed out that, by that definition, the Pharaohs of Egypt were gods as the people believed that had supernatural powers and required worship.

Did they actually have powers? Nope. But the definition doesn't require ACTUAL powers, it merely requires that the people BELIEVE it.

Skippy couldn't come up with an argument to counter that, so he started this thread and claimed that my position was this:

"Anything anyone believes becomes real."

Of course, that isn't the position.

The position is, has been and will remain:

Using the definition of "gods" which universally applies to all religions, Pharaohs fall into that category. And, unlike gods like Thor or Zeus, the Pharaohs were actually physically real people who really existed.

As such, Skippy could either acknowledge that his claim to be able to scientifically disprove the existence of gods was falsified -or- he could supply a different definition for gods which better encompassed all those things we currently recognize as gods.

Now, somewhere in the middle of that, you jumped in believing my argument was something it wasn't and started acting like a child.

You've sense declared yourself the "winner" of some segment of this debate in which only you were apparently engaged.

If you have a real criticism of any part of the actual argument which is going on, please present it.

However, if you would like to continue ranting like a child, please do. Each of those posts only makes all the others look worse.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

*since, not sense.

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

How long? How many posts? Lol!

And then we have the childish Nuggin rules for debate. This is a particularly childish temper tantrum that is best described as a basketball player who is also the referee. You will see Nuggin start to get in trouble and his logical fallacy argument unravel like a cheap sweater and then he jumps in and bleats some new rule for the debate lol! This will include him wildly changing what others say and rapidly changing his definitions for words, especially him focusing on one word of a definition.

Oh an let's not forget his childish create a sentence where only his failed logic term will work. See: can you put a slavery in box? Lol! How childish! I mean if he thinks someone will take such a fallacy seriously he needs to get his mom's teat out of his mouth. Of course you can put a slave in a box but that doesn't fit in the nugget rules of logical fallacy debate.

Now come on Nuggin I asked you a question about pharaoh why are you cowering from it? Waiting...waiting... waiting... puppet. Zzzzzzz :yawn: anytime now Nuggin dazzle us with your hehehehe knowledge.

Anytime now.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Horus. Amongst the other dozens of times I have factually destroyed you. Still waiting for you to provide that atheist creed you were babbling about.
Anytime now.
Zzzzzzzzzz
<quoted text>
You must have me confused with someone else. I never mentioned anything ever about an "atheist creed".
Which version of Horus?
Here's a partial list of some of the forms of 'Horus', listing the names in Greek / Egyptian (English).

Harsiesis / Har-sa-aset (Horus son of Isis)
Horus as the defenceless baby born of Isis and Osiris, hidden in the marshes of Buto from the attacks of Seth.(Hiding a baby in the marshes is a standard part of many Egyptian stories. It's a wonder anybody could get to the river without tripping over a baby.)
Harpokrates / Heru-pa-khered (The infant Horus)
Horus as a child, representing the new born sun. Depicted as a shaved child with a sidelock, naked with a finger to his lips. Often depicted sitting in Isis' lap, nursing, in a Madonna-and-child image.
Harendotes / Har-nedj-itef (Horus the avenger of his father)
Horus as a grown man, who fought successfully to reclaim the land and avenge his father. Adult version of Harsiesis or Harpokrates.
Harsomptus / Har-sema-tawi (Horus Uniter of the Two Lands) or Har-pa-neb-tawi (Horus Lord of the Two Lands)
Horus as king of the Two Lands (Egypt), shown wearing the double crown of Upper and Lower Egypt.
Haroeris / Heru-ur or Har-wer (Horus the Elder)
Haroeris is one of the earliest forms of Horus. He was a god of light whose eyes represented the sun and the moon. At the dawn of time he flew upward with the sun and fought against Seth as an enemy of light. Variations of this elder Horus include Khenty-Khem, "Foremost of Khem", an early falcon sun-god worshipped at Khem (Letopolis) in the Delta. Hor-Khenty-Irty (Horus with two eyes), becomes Hor-Khenty-en-Irty (Horus with no eyes) in the night of the new moon when there is neither sun nor moon.
Horus of Behdet / Har behdety (Horus of Edfu).
Horus as the midday sun, shown as a winged solar disk, or as a lion with the head of a hawk, or as a hawk with a flail hovering over the king. Horus Behdet is another of the oldest forms of Horus, probably brought to Egypt in pre-dynastic time by invaders from the Middle East.(Notice the similarity of the hawk-headed lion to a gryphon, a mythical creature imported to Egypt through mid-East contacts.) He is husband of Hathor (sometimes) and father of Har-sema-tawi. Horus of Edfu in the form of a winged sun disk or as a hawk-headed lion fights a great battle against Seth and his minions.
Harakhte / Ra-Har-akheti (Horus of the two horizons)
Horus as god of the rising sun and of the setting sun, the "two horizons". Also Horus identified as Re making the daily voyage of the sun from horizon to horizon, granting assurance the setting sun will be reborn the next morning. The composite deity was represented as a falcon or a falcon-headed man wearing a solar disk and sometimes the atef crown. The akhet was not only the physical horizon but also a spiritual boundary through which Ra journeyed twice each day -- moving from life to death at the western horizon and from death to life at the eastern horizon.
Harmachis / Hor-em-akhet or Harmakhet (Horus in the Horizon)
Horus as god of the dawn, linked with the rising sun. Horemakhet was often represented as a sphinx. He could also appear as a ram, like Khepri, another rising-sun god usually represented as a scarab beetle. The great sphinx of Giza faces the rising sun and was identified as a portrait of Hor-em-akhet by Thutmose IV (18th Dynasty). To justify his ascension to the throne, Thutmose claimed his father was the composite deity Horemakhet-Atum-Khepri, restored the sphinx, and erected a large stela presenting his story. The sphinx as Horemakhet was also associated with the Syro-Palestinian falcon god Hauron.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I have yet to see you use fact or anything other than random adhom.
Says the lying creationist.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Am I getting frustrated? No. Not particularly.
I'm just handing you more and more rope.
You're still trying to sell this idea that I created a puppet with 3x as many posts as I have? That makes sense in your world?
You're still claiming that every post is a fallacy, yet I haven't seen you find a single one as an example.
With each of these posts you make it more and more obvious who is the rational adult in this conversation and who is the petulant child.
So, please. Carry on. Continue accusing me of the things you are currently doing. Continue making claims that are so ridiculous on their face that they smack of desperation and a deep seated need for attention.
You've spent a week now projecting "low self esteem" on a guy who, between posts, is having the best professional year of his life. I couldn't give a crap what some fry cook from Mississippi thinks about me.
Lying troll with no morals and no intellectual integrity whatsoever.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Anytime now.
Zzzzzzzzzz
<quoted text>
Lil Ticked - another lying creationist. I bet Nuggin is also a creationist too also posing as an agnostic tw*t - same as the The Dude.

Lil Ticked works with the creationsit nanoanomaly to disrupt threads why Nuggin rants about some sh*t and The Dude stands by him cheerleading his illogical nonsense.

I give you clowns another 2 months before you f*ck off backto your trolls just like the long list of trolls that have f*cked off before over the past 5 years.

Remember Educated Wh*t? He was a stubborn f*ck wasn't here? Buck Crick? remember him?

Where the f*ck are they now?

Same place you four stupid f*cks will be too. Back in your caves hiding until the next opportunity to spam this forum with creationist nonsense.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Lil Ticked - another lying creationist. I bet Nuggin is also a creationist too also posing as an agnostic tw*t - same as the The Dude.
Lil Ticked works with the creationsit nanoanomaly to disrupt threads why Nuggin rants about some sh*t and The Dude stands by him cheerleading his illogical nonsense.
I give you clowns another 2 months before you f*ck off backto your trolls just like the long list of trolls that have f*cked off before over the past 5 years.
Remember Educated Wh*t? He was a stubborn f*ck wasn't here? Buck Crick? remember him?
Where the f*ck are they now?
Same place you four stupid f*cks will be too. Back in your caves hiding until the next opportunity to spam this forum with creationist nonsense.
once again, proof?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>once again, proof?
You keep asking for proof, when its you who has very little proof that you're not a creationist.

Almost all your viewpoints are taking from the creationist hymn book, you're pro gun and you try to disrupt atheist threads with meandering nonsense.

Giveme liberty has already smacked you down for lying. I suggest you give up this little game and go back to the discovery institute and ask for your money back.

And take that little rag nano with with you there's a good troll.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Now come on Nuggin I asked you a question about pharaoh why are you cowering from it? Waiting...waiting... waiting... puppet. Zzzzzzz :yawn: anytime now Nuggin dazzle us with your hehehehe knowledge.
Anytime now.
You mean that question I answered in the extremely long post ABOVE the one I am responding to?

GML, you are so wrapped up in your fantasy version of me, you aren't actually aware of what I'm actually writing.

Get a grip. You're starting to sound crazy

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 541 - 560 of648
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••